Fall TV Preview

Fringe First Look: The Team Searches for Olivia — But Will She Be Happy to See Peter?

Fringe kicks off its Season 5 swan song on Friday, Sept. 28 (Fox, 9/8c) back in the Observer-controlled future of 2036, and we’ve got a sneak peek of Peter and the team, plus one very grown-up daughter, searching for Olivia in that bleak and amber-filled world.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on Fringe and 46 Other Returning Shows

But even if they do find her — and one of the pictures below suggests they do — things might not be as peachy as they used to be between the now-married agents.

“They had their daughter taken from them [by Observers],” showrunner Joel Wyman recently told TVLine. “And most couples, when they lose a child… don’t make it through that. So what happened to Peter and Olivia before the ambering?”

Will they even be happy to see each other again? Check out the gallery and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the unorthodox family reunion.

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• I think Olivia will be on the side of the Observers. Don’t know why I think that, I just do.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 13, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont think she joined the Observers. I think she and Peter had a hard time when their daughter was taken so she left. It’s going to be a very angsty season for them. They better work it out!

Comment by Sandy – September 13, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, angsty Oliva and Peter. I hope things aren’t too bad between them. I’m not sure how I expect the series to end, but happily would be nice.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 13, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m not sure they’re angry at each other because in the promo, if i remember correctly, they’re talking about etta and olivia’s saying she’s everything i hope she’ll be

Comment by gossip2010 – September 13, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, this isn’t news. The Producers have been trying to be subtle when they’ve hinted about this and they have just been so blatant.

Comment by liddad – September 13, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Imagine that. A show without lawers, not set in a hospital, without any vampires or love triangles and its still entertaining as hell. Who would have known? Can’t wait for sept. 28th!

Comment by Tristan – September 13, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show has had it’s fair share of love triangles, though. They’re just not the main plot of entire seasons like most shows.

Comment by Jacob – September 19, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know it was practically a given that olivia would be found in amber, but seeing it just makes my heart soar! and my heart beat quicken because i’m so excited!

Comment by cjeffery7 – September 13, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone tear up when they saw the pic with Olivia?

Comment by Sandy – September 13, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thnk the Walter/Peter/Olivia family has had enough angst and separation.

Comment by John – September 13, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seconded. If the show doesn’t end with them happy I’m gonna be ticked.

Comment by Michelle – September 13, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen. I am so sick of every season premiere being Olivia and Peter somehow torn apart. I know they will be together no matter what and I understand everything can’t be rosy for them but c’mon…evil Observers ruling the world, Etta being taken, and them being frozen in amber for 20 years out of their 25-year-old daughter’s life…Isn’t that enough? Why do they have to add marriage separation to that?

Comment by Becky N – September 16, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After everything they’ve been through, I will be extremely upset if the Polivia angst lasts more than an episode or two. With only 13 episodes to go, they can’t waste time consolidating a relationship everyone knows is solid. They love each other and that’s that. I expect continual Polivia goodness throughout what will be a phenomenal final season.

Comment by BonesFringeFan – September 13, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. We (viewers) have barely seen a full episode of them happily together, we have just gotten little tastes of their happiness. IF (and im mostly hoping they dont at all) have issues i totally agree, they better only last a episode or MAYBE two at MOST. I could understand two if it was a 19 or 20 episode season, but with only 13 episodes…i want Peter and Olivia in love, married, by each others sides, with their daughter, fighting the Observers.———————I think Fringe is the best show on TV and maybe that has ever been on TV, but the biggest reason i love it is the relationship of “Polivia” and her getting pregnant was ” :O YAYYYYYY” and finding out they got married is “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D :D :D” so if it comes out she left him or w/e…il be pissed, if they have the whole season and/or end it with them not together…i will be nuclear bomb level angry/disappointed.

Comment by M3rc Nate – September 13, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its going to be tough but I think she did leave. I think Olivia is so devastated at the loss of their daughter that she leaves. Maybes she blames Walter. Is angry at herself and Peter for bringing a baby into their crazy world. Remember she was hesitant to have a baby in S4 because of their job.
        I hope the tension doesn’t last the 13 eps.

Comment by Sandy – September 13, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed again. That’s basically what I was saying in my reply above. Of course, some spoilers are leading me to suspect the “angst” may last longer…Either way…J.H. Wyman has basically told us many times that Olivia and Peter are destined for each other so I know in the the end it will work out. Of course, my nervous system can’t take much more of this. Please don’t make this the first half of Season 3 all over again…I lost weight from that torture.

Comment by Becky N – September 16, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems we’re getting a lot of Astrid! Woo!

Comment by Josh – September 13, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, we have an answer. No old age makeup for Olivia!

Comment by Emily – September 13, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait.

Comment by panda – September 13, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really think that the angst will be between Olivia & Etta. I’m upset by the thought of discord between Olivia & Peter. But here’s my theory… This is the bleak future but I believe they may use the machine for a massive reset with the help of September.. Watching the last episodes there’s the beacon to find September & then the runes to trap the observers. Peter, Olivia, Walter, Astrid & Etta will be happy together in the end. This show is about love & family. Haven’t the producers stressed that?

Comment by Jen – September 14, 2012 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still distressed by the producers comment that we shouldn’t be sure about last Olivia’s death, that maybe the last one we saw wasn’t the one foreseen by September… & by John Noble’s comment that for all to end well, Walter should die, since he was the one who brought trouble to their universe… I don’t want any of them to die… and I want Olivia & Peter happy with 4 years old Etta, like a reset, after defeating the observers…
    Looking back at the producers interviews about the subject, Olivia died & may have seen what the future would bring them, that that was going through her mind before telling Peter that she was pregnant…
    Maybe Peter blamed her for not protecting Etta, preventing the Observers from taking her, or maybe she can’t forgive herself.

Whatever it is, I want them together as a couple, a happy couple for once + Etta.

Comment by anakl – September 14, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post