Showtime Renews Episodes for Season 3

Get More: Uncategorized

There’ll be plenty more Episodes.

Showtime announced Thursday that the Matt LeBlanc-starring sitcom will be back for a nine-episode Season 3. Production on the new half-hour installments will begin next year and will take place in Los Angeles and London.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Shows

LeBlanc won a Golden Globe this year for his portrayal of a heightened (read: obnoxious) version of himself on the series, co-produced by Showtime and the BBC.

About 486,000 total viewers tuned in to Episodes‘ Season 2 premiere, down 37 percent from its January 2011 debut. According to the network, the series — which co-stars Stephen Mangan, Tamsin Greig, John Pankow and Mircea Monroe — attracts 1.66 million weekly viewers.

Comments (35)

• Yes!!!! This makes me so happy. Episodes is one of my favorite comedies, this renewal is well deserved.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – September 13, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy! I love Episodes! I really don’t see why more people aren’t into it.

Comment by maltru – September 13, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome

Comment by L – September 13, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where did my other harmless and foul language-less comment go? Man, this site and it’s moderator sucks more and more each day. Really getting tired of this.

Comment by L – September 13, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only thing I found in Spam folder was a ROYAL PAINS/Emma Caulfield comment, which has now been restored. Sometimes the automated Spam filter gets finicky if it sees multiple user names associated with the same IP address….

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 13, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Matt, thank you for listening and responding. This finicky spam filter needs to be addressed. This seems to happen to me everyday using the same username. It’s only after I’ve entered various versions of my comment and still not seeing them that I try using another username.

Comment by L – September 13, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! YES!
    i so love this show!
    season 2 was hilarious!!!

Comment by Polly – September 13, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season finale was great. Can’t wait for season 3. Way to go Matt LeBlanc. Matt is handsome with his grayish hair. I like Matt much better than Matthew Perry.

Comment by L – September 13, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He really is much sexier now than he ever was during the Friends run!

Comment by B – September 13, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show =)

Comment by Kirstin E. Jewell – September 13, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great show and has one of my favorite friendship pairs on tv: Beverly and Carol!!

Comment by Nick – September 13, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love this series so much. only reason why i got showtime was to watch this show. everyone is so great on it. such a funny show

Comment by Jen – September 13, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Ben Kabak – September 13, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!!

Comment by RKar – September 13, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant news! But am I the only one who wants to see more of the Hollywood politics with Merc and Carol, and less of the bed-hopping?!

Comment by Dizzle – September 13, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news! I adore this show. Hopefully season three will feature a lot more of Myra.

Comment by Penny – September 13, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I really enjoy this show.

Comment by Kam – September 13, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So awesome!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 13, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show.

Comment by Sg. Grant – September 13, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show too.but can we atleast get 13 episodes?

Comment by jw79bull – September 13, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So episode 2.9 was the finale? I thought there would be 10 episodes this season.

Comment by Lynda – September 13, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news ! I love the show.

Comment by Whatever – September 13, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy. Just got into this show recently and was surprised how much I loved it.

Comment by Casto – September 13, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope they hire a better accent coach (or better yet, American actors) bc for the most part, the Brit actors have atrocious American accents.

Comment by Amir Talai – September 13, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After years of listening to American actors butcher British parts……..its just a little pay back …..but no one will ever get over the greatest accent insult of all time…..Dick Van Dyke in marry poppins.

Comment by David – October 10, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Comment by Lucy – September 13, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic.
    Need to get the word out and get more watching it.
    Can not wait :-)

Comment by Magic1 – September 13, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that there is going to be a Season 3

Comment by Aidan Williams – September 13, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This and The Glades renewals made my week. Now if only TNT will renew Franklin & Bash and USA will renew Common Law I would be super happy.

Comment by catbean – September 14, 2012 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news…EPISODES rule’s !!!

Comment by Scorpya – September 14, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – September 14, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news…. Enjoyed this show… The did leave it off in a cliffhanger of sorts…

Comment by Doug-H – September 14, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, I just wish they would make more than 9 eps!

Comment by Sean – September 21, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about this! I hope the character of Carol is in charge at the network. Can’t wait to see the scenes in London.

Comment by Lucy – December 29, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post