Report: Common Law Unlikely to Return, Political Animals and Two Other USA Shows on Bubble

Common Lawmen Wes and Travis may have cracked their last case, Kate Reed may have negotiated her last peace and Dr. Dani may have shrunk her last superstar, as a total of four USA Network series lay in limbo, awaiting word on renewal or (gulp) the other thing.

RELATED | Royal Pains Scoop: Buffy Alum Emma Caulfield Gets Ex-y!

Deadline reports that Common Law, which wrapped its freshman run a month ago, is unlikely to cop a Season 2 pick-up, seeing as USA has let its options on the actors’ contracts lapse. Plus, showrunner Craig Sweeny recently boarded CBS’ Elementary as an exec producer, though in theory he could return to Common Law if it’s renewed.

Also on the bubble with what our sister site says is a “50/50″ chance of renewal are Necessary Roughness, which recently aired mid-Season 2 finale, and Fairly Legal, which just barely earned the second season it wrapped in June.

RELATED | Political Animals: Could Buzz Offset Soft Ratings and Beget a Season 2? And With the Same Cast?

Meanwhile, Political Animals — despite delivering a star-studded summertime crowd-pleaser, and in fact has always been a candidate for renewal — failed to garner many votes from Nielsen viewers as it faced off against the likes of Breaking Bad, HBO’s buzzy Newsroom and A&E’s formidable freshman Longmire. So its fate, too, is uncertain, though there is hope that the undeniable cachet it brought to USA could eke out a benevolent Season 2 order.

(Psych, which still has Season 7 to premiere later this year, is not considered on the bubble at this time.)

1. ktbanks says:

There NEEDS to be another season of Political Animals. I’m not ready to be done with that family yet!

• Danielle H says:

I will be incredibly depressed if it doesn’t come back. I adored it.

• Steven Vazquez says:

I second that, think of the network it’s on, usa, it’s in need if a serious re-brand as a more serious network. THIS SHOW IS AWESOME, WELL WRITTEN, SUPERBLY CAST, BEAUTIFULLY FILMED. BRING IT BACK!

• MJ says:

You are so right! If they don’t plan to renew it for several seasons they at least need to do enough episodes to keep us from being left hanging. it is like finding the last chapter of a book you have gotten caught up in has been torn out.

• EveatEden says:

So agree! I LOVED This show! I need more!

• Gina says:

I have not watched a serial in years, this is the best show I have ever watched. Fabulous cast, timely issues, just love it! Come on USA, don’t blow it!

2. Joe K. says:

yees political animals need to return! there so many story they can tell

• Holly Wood says:

yes i agree, you need to keep political animals for another season. i love that show. I wish the networks would leave the good shows on. we like Necessary Roughness, Fairly Leagal,, Political Animals, and Unforgetable and The Firm.. Why do you keep the shows that no one watches. We also liked The Sing Off. Please think about keeping and putting the shows back on. Thank you very much an advid tv watcher

• Robert Chesis says:

I also agree. Where do the Nilsen Ratings get their data? I know of no one who has been asked. Keep Political Animals & Fairly Legal, please. Why doesn’t USA advertise a couple of times to ask viewers to rate the shows via the internet? Probably get a more realistic response than what the outdated Nielsen Ratings offer.

• nick1372 says:

Nielsen collects data by monitoring a small portion of the population.
          As for your idea, it would never work. If any networks did that, sci-fi shows would always be the biggest because they have the most devoted fans. Shows with less-devoted fans, like NCIS, would do poorly because they have a lot of casual viewers who don’t want to be bothered to go on the internet. And remember, not everybody has the internet.

3. TV Gord says:

Matt, do you know how long it will be before the renewals (or cancellations) are announced?

4. Colleen says:

I love Necessary Roughness and would hate to see it go. Political Animals was good, and although I love haing Sebastian Stan on my TV, I could take it or leave it.

• Pat Graney says:

Necessary Roughness looked good in the previews, but I think after a couple of episodes, there wasn’t really anywhere to go with the group therapy stuff. Show doesn’t seem to nkow if it’s a comedy or a police drama. I hope it keeps going; the actors are excellent (and cute!)

• Jules says:

Love Necessary Roughness, and the relationship between Dani and Matt! Definitely want to see how TK overcomes his Vicodin addiction. Hope it gets renewed

• evelyn says:

You Can’t GET RID OF THIS SHOW Necessary Roughness is just getting good why the hell would you think about pulling it

5. Christi says:

Nooooooo!!! They’re all Awesome, what’s wrong with USA Network?!

• wordsmith says:

Agreed. I actually watch all of the USA shows, and they’re all great. To be fair, though, USA is the only network that has pretty much NEVER cancelled a show prematurely, so it had to happen sooner or later. Four bubble shows at once is kind of a shock, though.

6. LC says:

I’m SOOOOOOOOO sad about Common Law. I loved the show. I thought it had good story lines and was so really funny and light hearted! Shame on you, USA!

• Kim R says:

My husband and I really enjoyed Common Law right from the first episode, which is not always the case with a new show. It was funny, touching and always a good crime to solve to boot. Why would they not bring it back? I’m really surprised. :(

• Keri says:

I am completely with you on this. my husband and i both love this show from the first episode all the way to the season finale. Totally AWESOME. I hope they change their minds and take it off the bubble and allow a second season.

• michael says:

I completely agree that common law should be back for another season. the first season was so funny and entertaining without being cheesy as many shows can come across. the other shows should go though. fairly legal was cheesy, so predictable, and at times just ridiculous. Necessary roughness and political animals were so boring that i am surprised that they lasted this long.

• Cathy Posten says:

Common Law became our favorite show. So much that we have been telling everyone to watch for it to return. Very sad if this doesn’t happen. We did DVR it but will watch it live in the future if that helps with the rating numbers!!!

• heather_kaye says:

I loved it, too! Total appointment tv for me – didn’t even bother recording it, because I made sure I was watching. Sigh.

• Lisa says:

A delightful surprise in spring programming. I loved Wes and Travis and made sure to watch them in real time.

• Keri says:

I just told my husband about the possible cancel of Common Law. He is very sad and said thats its not fair that networks keep canceling these awesome shows all because they are only looking at whether or not people are watching in real time. I have the ability to record our fav shows so that we dont miss them. I also have he ability to see not just what I have recorded but when I have watched it. Now that brings me to a loss of understanding, why can’t the networks see that history as well and be able to take into account that these shows that they are spending millions on really are good if not great and deserve a better chance and more understanding before they are just chopped up and thrown in the trash. Television shows mean so much more than you think to us ordinary people and throwing them aside like common trash makes us feel like we really arent being heard as to what we LOVE on TV these days…

• nick1372 says:

The networks do have the ability to see when someone watches a TV show on the DVR or online. They do not count it when deciding renewals, because IT DOESN’T MAKE THEM MONEY.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I really liked Common Law too, this is a bummer.

• Denise says:

Me too. I’ll miss Common Law. It’s the funniest show on USA :(

• MJ says:

I also really enjoyed Common Law. I really hope they do not let it go.

• Tiffany says:

We loved Common Law at our house too. It was a fun show that we put on our must watch list midway through the first episode. Didn’t love that it was on Fridays but we made it work. My 14 year old is going to be VERY disappointed to hear this news.

• Di says:

Where is the ‘keep it’ campaign for Common Law – I’ll vote!

• KB says:

Of course they are going to cancel a good entertaining show!! They’ll probably replace it with some reality show. The writers of this show were awesome and created characters you couldn’t help but love – USA please don’t cancel this show!!!

7. Colleen says:

that was actually just the summer finale of Necessary Roughness its back for more episodes this winter (as the promo says.) Its interesting that its already on the chopping block before the whole season even aired.

Annoyed by not surprised – Common Law launched in the spring on a Friday Night (after USA Network didn’t have programming there for years) it was sadly never going to succeed.

More frustrated that USA seems to be getting rid of anything with a female lead.

• Sara says:

i think the strike against common law in that timeslot is that it’s the same one that psych had and did well in. people will watch if you give them something worth seeing, but obviously they didn’t want to see common law.

• Lynn says:

Yes, Friday night is tough, but Common Law is not the first USA series to premiere there. In 2009, White Collar premiered on Fridays at 10 pm (the first USA original ever aired on Fridays, I think) and drew 5.4 million viewers.

Compare that with Common Law, which premiered in May 2012 in the same timeslot and drew 2.4 million viewers.

Looking at those numbers, you have to say you can see why USA may not think CL is worth the effort.

• Jewels says:

Agreed. I ended up really liking Common Law. The thing that got me was that I was never really invested in the partnership between Wes and Travis. There isn’t a whole lot of bromance chemistry between the actors – at least not until the last couple of episodes. I love Michael Ely. I hope that if Common Law doesn’t renew…that someone finds a vehicle for him. HE’S the reason I tuned into it…in the first place.

• MT says:

I agree, Michael Ely is beautiful and the reason I watched the show. But I disagree about “Wes and Travis”, I think they had good chemistry.

• Riley says:

Unfair comparison. There were more TV viewers in 2009 than in 2012, not to mention White Collar has a very high budget (Tailor-made suits huh?) & Common Law is just a low-budget show that has to film in New Orleans rather than LA.

• Sara says:

just because white collar may have spent more on location, costuming, and props than common law doesn’t mean that it had an unfair advantage with viewers. i watched common law and i watch white collar. the scripts, acting, and storyline were consistently better on white collar than anything aired by common law. they also appealed to different demographics. without trying to sound holier than thou, the average viewer of a show like white collar or suits has to be if not a little smarter, certainly more engaged. that’s not the case with common law, which became quickl formulaic. further, there’s also plenty of lower budgeted shows that do just fine.

• Nicole says:

I don’t know about most people, but I and most of the people I know do not have cable. We watch tv shows via netflix or online, which the networks never count. They really need to stop counting the viewership numbers the way they used to. Times have changed, and nobody watches live tv anymore, unless you’re lucky and can afford the cable bill. (I know I cant.)

• Sara says:

umm, not true. nielsen uses both diaries *and* set meters now. in addition to those two methods, in 2005 they started allowing data from dvrs (whether from a cable provider or a service like tivo).nielsen does include some online viewing, but only if it’s something like the most current episode, not people watching a box set of a tv show several months after the fact.

8. Sam says:

Look, USA, if there’s anything to be learned from AMC (specifically Breaking Bad), it’s that if you make a good show, word of mouth will make the numbers grow. This is mainly applicable to basic cable, where debut seasons are rarely the most viewed. So freakin’ renew Political Animals!

9. Will Sanborn says:

I think it’ll be a while before Psych is ever on the bubble. Too many fans love the show.

10. TV Gord says:

Matt, do you know how long it will be before USA announces its renewals/cancellations?

11. Andrea says:

The first season of Necessary Roughness was so good. I don’t know what happened, but the change in direction for the show this season was a total downhill movement. So dissapointing, as Callie Thorne is wonderful.

12. Tams says:

My husband and I watched every episode of Common Law, thoroughly enjoying the freshness of the show and the life the actors brought to the characters. I have Political Animals still saved to watch on my TiVo but only in the case there is nothing else to watch. As for the Legal & Roughness, I don’t think I watched an episode of either one!

13. Linda says:

My sis will be dissappointed if Necessary Roughness and Political Animals don’t get renewed.

14. Lynn says:

WOW, I think I’m cool on USA. No variety whatsoever on the network, no effort to keep shows on the network with characters of different races.

• Juan says:

Psych has Gus, Necessary Roughness has T.K. and others. White Collar has Clinton and Diana. If you want other races, then throughout all those shows there have been many characters of different races, and in Royal Pains there’s Divya I believe (I don’t watch it but I saw it once)? And they can’t keep shows if no one’s watching it.

• Sara says:

umm, psych? two main characters, one of whom is black. burn notice, which i don’t watch, has coby bell.

of the shows mentioned as bubble or likely of being cut, only 1 features a non-white main cast member, common law. fairly legal and political animals only had characters of different races as secondary cast.

• Sara says:

i forgot to add that royal pains has reshma shetty and that necessary roughness has mehcad brooks

• the girl says:

The main cast member of Fairly Legal is Sarah Shahi, who is of Iranian and Spanish descent.

• lechatnoir says:

Um.. Michale ealy’s parents are both mixed race. If you are mixed race you are white and black.

Burn Notice’s Coby bell has a white mother and black father .

The truth is while those are fantastic , they are almost all lilly white, that’s okay , no biggie . someone bith 20% of non caucasian ancestry is still very much white unless you you are a racial purist .

Mis Shahi is half Farsi and half spanish , spanish is NOT mexicans. Spanish are european , Mexicans are of primarely of native Indian heritage.

Lastly that there are enough people out there who “read” white or “black” when in fact they are not. Callie Thorne doesn’t look anglosaxon , that’s why she’s been cast as Italian .Italian and portuguese are the only european ethnicities ambiguous looking individuals get casted as. Rashida Jones has played an Italian , Vin Diesel has played an Italian , Andy garcia as well.

Sincerly,

Multicultural person

• Alyssa says:

Some Mexicans are primarily of Native descent, other are primarily of Spanish descent. But it doesn’t matter because it’s just judging on skin-tone which is stupid. Because I inherited mainly Mexican Native physical characteristics, people assume I speak Spanish and identify as Hispanic. Even though I’m half Hispanic, I don’t consider myself Hispanic because I don’t speak Spanish or really participate in any part of Mexican culture. I was raised in America in Texan culture. That’s really the only culture I identify with. It’s ridiculous to me that skin tone affects people’s opinions on things like this and that people still think race is a real thing. If we’re going to adhere to ridiculous race theories, then there’s only white, black and Asian and then we should also subscribe to the one-drop rule.

• Sara says:

i’m biracial too. caucasian and west indian. i identify myself as white. michael ealy has given interviews where he defines himself as black, as has coby bell. and even the president of the united states, while biracial, identifies as african american. i wasn’t trying to knock either actor, just referring to them as they’ve referred to themselves in the interviews that i’ve seen/read with them.

• Ashley says:

You obviously don’t watch much. In addition to those characters that are already mentioned, there’s Rachel from Suits, who’s of mixed lineage, Travis from Common Law, I stopped watching Fairly Legal so I don’t remember the name of Kate’s secretary/assistant, and I don’t know if they bill the character as such, but Callie Thorne is *not* white. In all honesty, USA is one of the more ‘colorful’ networks out there. The only lily-white show I can think of is Covert Affairs, and really Piper isn’t ‘white’ either.

• Daisy says:

And don’t forget Gina Torres on Suits who may be one of my favorite USA characters next to anyone on Psych.

• Ashley says:

Damn, and what an oversight. I could have sworn someone had mentioned her already. Shame on me. Gina Torres is amazing as Jessica. (Is it January yet?)

• interesting says:

Ashley, not that I disagree with what you say about the network, but I am most interested in what “white” is. You say that Piper is not “White” either. She is of Norwegian and Portuguese descent. If you are referring to the Portuguese then I am confused because genetically people from Portugal share many of the same traits as those from the British Isles because the Celts and Iberians are the same peoples who helped to originally colonize those areas.
        Sure this might not be a place for history lessons, but there isn’t a such thing as “White”.
        By the way James Roday from “Psych” is of Mexican descent by way of his father for those who thought he was “white.” Sure on the show he isn’t but they also don’t discuss his parents’ heritage on the show. Sarah Shahi is of Iranian and Mexican descent and her character Kate Reed is only discussed by way of her father. We don’t know about her mother. Why do we assume she is “white”

• Ashley says:

Oh I agree with you. I was purely using that as a reference for the original comment, since they seem to believe that there were no other ethnicities readily represented. As for Piper, yes I know that about her. And I know the make up of the area (pre-Roman, indo-european, and celtic and then all of the natural blending time brings). Which is why is used the quotes. European doesn’t automatically translate to white for me, never has. It’s a lot more complex than that, as very, very few people aren’t of some type of mixed origins, but I didn’t see the point of going into all of that with Lynn, who’d already demonstrated something of a lack of knowledge in that area.

• Ashley says:

And I forgot to add this part, so sorry for the double response. But yeah, I know about Sarah and James too. But someone already mentioned Psych so didn’t feel the need to address that again. I did mean to mention Sarah though but I stopped watching Fairly Legal after season 1, so it slipped my mind until after I had already hit submit. But looks like my fellow USA fans below already took care of that for me.

• interesting says:

@ Ashley
            Sorry that I went into all of that, but my whole point seems to be similar to your follow up. There is no point in saying someone is “white” or is “black” or is not “white” or “orange” for that matter. I think the most interesting thing was that when it came to the comment about Piper was that for people from Portugal, I would have never considered them a distinct ETHNICITY. Nationality yes, ethnicity no. But I have known a friend here in the States who considered herself mixed because her mom was Spanish but I will tell you…when I lived in Spain my friends would have laughed at that notion.
            You are right though…people are too caught up in “color” to recognize the things they say don’t make sense.
            I have yet to find anyone who can explain to me what “white” is…lol

• Meg says:

Don’t forget In Plain Sight (though off the air). Aside from story of the week, I don’t think there was any cast diversity until the office manager came on.

• Right, that’s why they picked up Jeff Eastin’s new show with an African-American as the lead, not just co-star, but the lead.

• aleksa says:

Isn’t the actress from Fairly Legal Persian?

• Daisy says:

Though it is a shame about Common Law, the long and the short of it is, as far as ethnic diversity goes, USA probably beats any network on TV now.

15. Shunda says:

Didn’t they promote Political Animals as a “limited” series to begin with?!?! Completely gave up on Fairly Legal – the Ben character just killed it for me. Never watched Common Law. I so hope they renew Not Necessary Roughness!!!!! I LOVE that show. Nico is my absolute favorite character and Mehcad Brooks keeps me laughing.

16. Sara says:

i’m surprised that fairly legal has made it this far… but i have to know what’s going to happen with the barrishes, so usa must renew political animals

17. Linda says:

My sis will be dissappointed if Necessary Roughness or Political Animals gets cancelled.
    Right now I am only a fan of White Collar on USA.

18. I adore Fairly Legal and it’s JUST hitting its stride

19. Shunda says:

Didn’t they promote Political Animals as a limited series to begin with?!?! Completely gave up on Fairly Legal – could not STAND Ben. Never watched Common Law. I’m so hoping that Necessary Roughness is renewed!! I LOVE that show. Nico is my absolute favorite character and T.K. keeps me laughing.

20. Kristina says:

I love Necessary Roughness! Hope the numbers pick up in the winter season so we can see more of it.

21. Esaul says:

I swear I made three comments. It’s going to bug out on me and show them all later. Just wait and see. Political Animals doesn’t deserve a second season because the concept dictated it as a min-series. If they wanted to make it into a show they should’ve pitched it better.This could ruin it too with another season. Common Law, Fairly Legal, and Necessary Roughness won’t be missed by me either. The concepts don’t interest me. Necessary Roughness is the worst of them.

Also it’ll be quite a while before Psych is considered to be a bubble show anyway. Fans love it. The only way USA will cancel Psych is due to the cost not the ratings.

• I used the contact form yesterday to inquire why my comments weren’t showing up and I just received a response that said that they were working on fixing some sort of spam filter catching legit comments. Since my stuff seems to be showing up right away, I think they’re just about done fixing it.

22. Leslye says:

Necessary Roughness needs to be renewed! Dr. Dani and Nico are just beginning to cook. I want them together!

23. tp says:

Common Law and Necessary Roughness are my favs! What will I do with no T.K? Especially since Dani and Nico were FINALLY starting to go down the right path!! Ugh, I’m sick to my stomach. Isn’t it high time the networks stop depending on Nielson ratings? There are too many ways to watch programming. Most of which still show commercials.

24. sladewilson says:

I’m on a “wait and see” with Necessary Roughness when they return. I’m not a fan of Dani and Nico as a couple but hey, who knows? Common Law got shafted – it was a good show on a terrible night and an even worse time slot. Same with Political Animals – excellent show – horrible night and horrific time slot. Fairly Legal depressed me terribly this year. It was much better and even more fair (no pun intended) in year one. Now, Kate is NEVER wrong and even more pushy and annoying… ugh. I was actually rooting for Lauren and Leo is still the best character on the show in a runaway… Fix it or cancel it…

• Alichat says:

I feel the same way. I liked Fairly Legal in the first season, even though Kate was the most annoying part of it. But season 2 was so terrible. And sadly that was the result of them “fixing” the show. I’d say it’s done….and if not, it should be. Also, I agree with you about Necessary Roughness. I am not a fan of Dani and Nico hooking up. They barely explored the Matt and Dani relationship before breaking them up. Thought that whole bit was weak.

25. Juan says:

Necessary Roughness just finished it’s Season 2 SUMMER finale…

26. omar says:

I love Fairly Legal and would hate to see it go.

27. Laurel says:

to be honest, i like al the shows because the shows are better than on network television. I actually watch all four shows and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. tp says:

I was going to comment about the aesthetics of the new comment section being unpleasing to the eye but now I can add extremely buggy too. Can we go back to the old one? pretty please?

29. Percysowner says:

I was torn between voting for Necessary Roughness and Political Animals. NR won, but not by much. Fairly Legal wasn’t that good to start with and the revamp didn’t help. To me Kate was such a problematic character that the show never was able to overcome that weakness. Common Law didn’t appeal to me, so I never watched.

30. Alex says:

Interesting to see an article like this, since USA usually isn’t a network that cancels shows. As long as Psych, White Collar, and Suits have more seasons, which I’m sure they will, I’m not worried.

31. Tried to watch Fairly Legal and Political Animals…it was just too over the top. I cringed watching the leads in both of the series. I liked Common Law and wish its wasn’t gone. Necessary Roughness lost me near the end of the first season.

32. Mark says:

I watch all of the USA Network’s shows. These are the 4 I could take or leave; they just aren’t as good as the rest of the slate. In fact, if my schedule gets too busy to keep up with them, I might give them up on my own.

Of these, the only one I’m sorry to see go is Common Law. The mysteries were great, but the show was fun.

Fairly Legal has always been hit or miss, and Ben did nothing for it this season.

I’ve gotten a bit more into Necessary Roughness this year with the stronger story arcs, but even so it’s extremely predictable.

I stuck with Political Animals only because it was a limited series, and I wanted to see how it ended. I felt cheated when I realized it could be renewed. Frankly, I find the Barrishes to be a bunch of immature, self-centered characters – the entire lot of them, and I can’t find anyone on the show to root for.

Give me psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, and Suits, and I will be a very happy camper.

33. wrstlgirl says:

To bad about Common Law, I really enjoyed the banter between Wes and Travis. Necessary Roughness is really finding it’s way, S2 seemed so much more interesting than S1. Never watched Fairly Legal and I can take or leave Political Animals. I enjoyed it but it wasn’t long enough to get totally invested.

34. Didi says:

I really enjoyed Common Law and thought for sure it would’ve returned. I thought it was funny, well-written and loved the character interaction.

35. Alyssa says:

I was torn between Necessary Roughness and Common Law. I picked Common Law because I made an effort to tune in when it was live, rather than just wait to watch on DVR. The finale was fantastic and I’m so sad it’s on the bubble. I never could get into Fairly Legal and it always annoyed me.

36. Steverman says:

I could look at the actress who plays Kate Reid all day long, but Fairly Legal lost itself between season 1 and season 2. I hope that Baron Vaughn pops up again- he was great in season 1 and they lost him in season 2 along with any steam they from the start…

37. song4ten says:

Common Law grew on me and I think it ended well if there isn’t going to be a second season.

TPTB at USA ruined Fairly Legal in the second season and if they kept the second season’s format in season three, I wouldn’t watch it anyway.

38. QuinnMallory says:

Common Law got better as its first season went along (like most show) and was rather enjoyable (despite not being anything too new). Necessary Roughness and Fairly Legal both lost me after about 5-6 episodes.

Political Animals is definitely the one that I would like to see back but given the cast, it’s probably the most expensive of the shows.

• Meg says:

Definitely agree with your assessment of Common Law. The actors were great; they played wonderfully in their dynamic. But I have to admit, any time I see a Twinkie, I always think “You were hiding behind the Twinkies!”

39. Tahoe Mike says:

I like both Necessary Roughness, and Political Animals. I hope they both come back.

I was traveling a lot during the season, and not every hotel gets USA. I find it frustrating that most USA shows are so hard to find online. They are not on Hulu or Xfinity until a month after they run. The same is true for Suits, White Collar, and Covert Affairs.

40. Bre says:

I honestly can’t decide. I really like all of these shows. But I would be most uspet without Dr. Dani and Kate Reed…

41. Lorena says:

I like Fairly Legal and Common Law, but my heart goes to Nico, how can we survive without Nico? i love Necessary Roughness

42. aleksa says:

The only show I watch on USA is Psych.

43. Daisy says:

I enjoy all of these shows but I do wish they’d give Common Law another chance. It started off slow but really did get better towards the 2nd half of the season.

44. Whatever says:

I think Political Animals should be renewed and they should move it to a different night.
    Sunday night is NOT a good fit.

45. kyle says:

WHAT ABOUT SUITS

46. Carm says:

I really like Common Law and will miss it if it does not return. I won’t miss Fairly Legal. I hope NR returns too.

47. I don’t watch Necessary Roughness but I love all three other shows and would hate to see them go!

48. Jeff says:

I need more Common Law and Political Animals!!!

49. Denise says:

More Political Animals please.

50. cindy says:

Necessary Roughness is still one of my favorite shows, and I’d hate to see it go.

The actors on Common Law really started to click towards the end of its run, and the show has some great dialogue and one-liners. would love to see more.

Political Animals has great actors for the leads, but they had to carry everything else about the show. I quit watching.