Fall TV Preview

Exclusive First Look: Melissa George Plays 'I, Spy' in Frank Spotnitz’s Hunted

Melissa George is back in the spy game – only this time, she’s the one being Hunted.

The actress, who played Alias’ not-who-she-seems Lauren Reed, stars in the new Cinemax drama from X-Files writer/producer Frank Spotnitz.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 46 Returning Favorites!

George plays an agent for an elite private intelligence firm who survives an attempt on her life only to learn the botched hit may have been planned by one of her co-workers. (And you thought Mulder and Scully had trust issues?) Her co-stars include Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones) and Adam Raymer (Hawthorne).

Take a look at the exclusive poster for the eight-episode series, which debuts on Friday, Oct. 19 (10/9c), then hit the comments with your thoughts. Will you tune in to watch the Grey’s Anatomy alum scramble for her life?

Comments (15)

• Um… doesn’t this sound a whole heck of a lot like KILL BILL, except with government agents instead of contract killers?

Comment by Georgia – September 7, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely adore Melissa George! Cannot wait for this!

Comment by Ethan – September 7, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds a bit like Nikita. I think she’s a great actress but I have never gotten over the horrible Lauren Reed!! :( lol. But I’ll probs watch this, sounds like my kinda show.

Comment by katy917 – September 7, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Melissa George. I was sorry when she left Grey’s Anatomy. I’ll check it out, for sure.

Comment by Lauren – September 7, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not wait.

Comment by Brock – September 7, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news. Cinemax also has Strike Back, so most likely we will see an action packed thriller.

Comment by Ogla V. Sungutay – September 7, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The teaser trailer for Hunter is (if you’ll pardon the expression) killer, so I definitely want to see it.

Comment by Sheldon W. – September 7, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember when Melissa George ruined “Alias”?

Comment by Miffy – September 7, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m think I’m probably one of the few who enjoyed her on Grey’s. Her character could have added a lot to the backstory of Meredith’s Europe years and if for nothing else I enjoyed the accent and that she kicked Cristina out of Meredith’s bed! I think she got the bums rush on GA due to the fact that ABC didn’t know what to do with another possible bisexual so they dumbed her down and got her out of there rather quickly.

Comment by Cris – September 7, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was the best one on “In Treatment”…

Comment by Hurley – September 8, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks awesome!!!!!

Comment by jessica – September 8, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks pretty rad. i’ll check it out

Comment by steve – September 8, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post