TVLine Items: Secret Circle Alum Checks Out of Asylum, X Factor Eyes a Kardashian and More!

Chris Zylka American Horror StoryThe Secret‘s out: Chris Zylka will no longer take part in American Horror Story‘s second chapter, subtitled Asylum.

As previously reported, the Secret Circle alum booked an arc as a deaf, mute hottie on the FX drama back in June. However, Zap2it has learned that Zylka has been quietly dismissed from the role after he refused to shave his head for the two-episode arc.

Asylum — which debuts Oct. 17 — has reportedly reduced the role to a one-episode guest spot in the wake of the actor’s ouster.

Since Secret Circle‘s cancellation, Zylka has appeared on the big screen in The Amazing Spider-Man.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

The X Factor may soon be keeping up with the Kardashians. According to TMZ, Khloe Kardashian-Odom is the frontrunner to host Season 2 of the Fox singing competition, which bows Sept. 12.

PHOTOS | Exclusive Scoop on New Season of Vampire Diaries — Plus 45 Other Shows!

The Vampire Diaries’ Klaus has added two new hybrids to his army. Per TVGuide.com, Blake Hood (The Young and the Restless) and Alyssa Diaz (The Nine Lives of Chloe King) have been tapped to play the Big Bad’s bidders in Episodes 5 and 6, respectively, of Season 4 — which launches Oct. 11.

• Mitch Pileggi has been upped to series regular in Dallas‘ second season, per Deadline. The X-Files vet dropped by the TNT drama’s freshman run as the ex-husband of Brenda Strong’s character.

• Wilmer Valderrama will reprise his role as Chatswin’s go-to guru in Season 2 of Suburgatory, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | Exclusive News on Suburgatory Season 2!

• MTV has unleashed unto the world the promo for Jersey Shore‘s final season. Press PLAY below to watch a sober Situation, a knocked up Snooki and more.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. iMember says:

I don’t blame Chris Zylka for stepping down. It’s just a two episode piece and hair, while it grows back, it takes time and that can hinder his chances at other roles for other projects. I can’t believe Ryan Murphy let him go just because he wouldn’t shave his head for a character that’s in just two episodes though. I mean, is that REALLY necessary Ryan Murphy? Really?

• iMember says:

I know Chris Zylka was really excited to play this new and refreshing role, and I was really looking forward to watching him do it, but alas, there are bigger and better things to come for him. Still am excited for Season 2 of AHS though!

• Eli says:

Seriously, couldn’t they “baldify” him with fx makeup? This is so dumb! Ryan Murphy should tune into Face Off on Syfy and learn a couple of things.

• Maria Flor de Luna says:

I guess he’s going for a more authentic take of bald guys with real shaved heads. Take Michael Rosenbaum for example, he kept shaving his hair on Smallville for 8 years. Now that’s commitment!

I wish Chris knew what he was in for when he auditioned for the role.

• martina says:

Why would you spend thousands of dollars to “baldify” someone if you can get what you need from another actor?

• Temperence says:

That should have been discussed *before* he accepted the role. I know that a lot of the time, the writers are still doing their thing when casting is going on, but head shaving is pretty impactful on other jobs – especially for a two episode gig. It may even have been contractual if he has another job that obkigated him to to chnage his look – which is a pretty standard expectation as far as I can tell.

2. ArmandoL says:

Honestly he could have shaved a little bit of his hair, and then replace him with an extra to keep shaving his head. And then, make the actor wear a bold-cap (you know like MR did for the Smallville series finale).

• Lauren says:

Probably should’ve done that…his head was buzzed for Spider-Man..

• Ash says:

Yeah but that’s Spider-man!, a summer blockbuster and this is a two episode bit-part in a cable show. He should have been allowed to just wear a bald cap. And for those talking about MR and Smallville, he was one of the leads of the show and probably had a long contract, so of course he would shave his hair for that.

3. Josh says:

At this point in his career, he should be more flexible. Two episode arc on a buzzed about show could lead to great things, including a part in season 3. Didn’t he have a shaved head in Amazing Spider-Man? I guess he could have put up for another role that would have required hair…

• Brendan says:

ryan murphy said that every season is different and will have new cast members from the beginning of season 1. his character was only two episodes so i highly doubt murphy would bring him in for the 3rd season.

4. Jerri M says:

Once again, Ryan Murphy proves what an idiot egomaniac A*hole he is. Does he really expect someone to shave his head for a 2 episode part on a show which casts narcissistic, talentless Adam Levine as a main “actor”? I guess Murphy didn’t want to use a bald cap and makeup because of “realism”, because we all know how realistic Nip/Crap and Glee. He should have probably done whatever it is that Darren Chris did to make him RM’s favorite.

• dude says:

Um who’s to say this was solely his decision? There are other people who work for the show. AHS was created by TWO people but by all means, everything wrong with every Ryan Murphy show is solely Ryan Murphy’s fault.

• Brock says:

Bravo! You took the words right out of my mouth. Ryan Murphy has to be one of the most horrible people in Hollywood and quite possibly one of the worst show runners on TV. I can’t wait for the day someone writes a tell all book about what a monster Murphy truly is…

• Alex says:

Google “why ryan murphy must be stopped” (>nobullscript). Whether it’s true or not, it’s still an interesting read. Especially what Dylan Walsh supposedly said to the guy about Nip/Tuck (sounds familiar?).

While I think the guy is a genius when it comes to launch a project, I think he’s terrible when it comes to sustain his shows. And yes, his ego is bigger than the ISS but this is no news. If anything we, the fans, are the stupid ones giving him fame and money by watching his shows and spending money. But this is no news either lol.

5. Summer says:

I don’t blame him. And it’s not like Murphy hasn’t used bald-caps before. Popular, anyone? It’s not like he forced the girls to get mohawks for a couple of episodes.

6. forwarddad says:

Please no on Khloe

7. Jared says:

I dont blame the kid for not wanting to shave his head for only 2 episodes and 15 minutes of screen time.

8. mitch Pileggi being promoted definately adds fuel to the belief from me & others that the new female character is anne & harris’s daughter

9. Kylie says:

Lol. More like he refused to put out for Ryan Murphy.

10. Crystal says:

I guess I can take Xfactor off the DVR if that happens

11. tvaddict says:

He’s so pretty

12. Jennifer says:

Really looking forward to XFactor, but if a Kardashian is regularly involved, forget it. I’m OD’d on those people a long time ago. My vote is for Kelly Osbourne for the female host. I’d watch that kid anytime. NO FRACKING KARDASHIANS FOR PETE’S SAKE.

13. Kaycee says:

He’s shaved his hair before … so I’m not sure why he hasn’t, this is one of the biggest shows on television right now, and wasn’t shaving his head in the job description? if he wasn’t contracted to do it then why didn’t they just cast someone else?

14. Gem says:

I was really looking forward to the X-factor this season but don’t think I can stomach watching a Kardashian as the face. We’ll see how it turns out but may be a no go if this host gig happens.

15. Valentin says:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found
    a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and
    screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

16. solar energy says:

A global warming controversy still exists for a range of
    reasons. Support lifestyles that are more environmentally-friendly.

Mining and processing the oil sands wreaks havoc on the environment.

17. Sherlyn says:

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization?
    I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Cheers!

18. Homer says:

Passing on a role that could open doors & make you a millionaire over a stupid shaved head? Not only is he a wimp with confidence issues, but a moron.