Fall TV Preview

First Look: NCIS Season 10 Promo Packs a Punch

Well, damn. David McCallum had to go and do that.

The first promo for Season 10 of CBS’ NCIS, TV’s most watched drama series, packs quite a punch, hinting at the emotional aftermath of the bombing that wrecked HQ with almost all of the main characters inside. But even Ducky, who learned of the tragedy via telephone, was felled by it, with a heart attack.

RELATED | Fall Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on NCIS and 45 More Returning Favorites!

Press PLAY below to hear Gibbs’ vow to avenge this attack on “my family,” let Ducky and Palmer mist up your eyes, listen to Abby’s plea to get “good” back and, on a lighter note, see how Tony and Ziva are managing trapped in the elevator.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on the Return of an NCIS Redhead and More

But again… damn. (Oh, and Season 10 premieres Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c.)

Tags:

Comments (58)

• “You hurt my family” – exactly why this show has such a following. Excellent character development for a procedural.

Comment by daviduter – September 6, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beautiful. I love Gibbs and how his team really is a family. HIS family.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 6, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s McGee?

Comment by sladewilson – September 6, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I was wondering the exact same thing. The only point you see him is when he is being blow backwards in the blast.

Comment by Sarah – September 6, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought!! He’s only shown as the explosion goes off…

Comment by Celyn – September 6, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Darn, I think McGee will be the most hurt and maybe he will have a really good storyline from it…I really miss ‘author’ McGee. Lets get him writing again !!!!

Comment by jdeasselin – September 6, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Great idea! Would love to see that too!

Comment by RJ – September 6, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, back in season 3, 4, whatever, loved it how Mcgee made fun of them in a book. Now, its a whole different story.

Comment by Christian – September 9, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love NCIS

Comment by estefania – September 6, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TONY AND ZIVA IN AN ELEVATOR. Gibbs talking about avenging his “family”. Abby being super, super sad. No McGee (!). Ducky in a hospital bed. I might die.

Comment by Carrie – September 6, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If they killed off Sean Murray, I’d be so scared

Comment by Christian – September 6, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • His contract lasts for two more years. McGee will be fine :)

Comment by Stamanah – September 6, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’d like to take that as a comfort, but actors do leave shows even under contract (like Sasha Alexander), so that could be a red herring. I am so hoping McGee will survive, and maybe even get a story for a change. Nothing against Tony and Ziva, but I do love McGee too.

Comment by RJ – September 6, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Understood. And yes, I totally agree. If anything were to happen to McGee, he would be missed SO much.

Comment by Stamanah – September 6, 2012 09:22 PM PDT
          • McGee used to be the first cast member I’d toss out whenever rumors would say someone is going to die. Now though Palmer would be my first choice by a country mile. THEN McGee. Though he’s very close to Vance, but Vance has a sneaky side that makes him more interesting than McGeek.

Comment by mellow harsher – September 7, 2012 02:04 AM PDT
          • Oh, I love McGee as well and I hope this means we’ll see Sean really get to showcase his talents. He’s such an integral part of the show. He just signed a new contract back in July. I’m looking forward to seeing Team Gibbs dealing with the aftermath as well as Tony and Ziva’s connection. Nobody messes with Gibbs’ family & gets away with it…..Dearing is going down. Palmer’s not leaving as it was announced back in June that he would become a series regular and be put in the opening credits, plus TPTB have plans for Palmer to step up while Ducky recovers. Wonder how this will shake Vance this season though? How will Abby react to the explosion?? I look forward to seeing her connect with her new found brother. I love each and every character and the actors/actresses that play them and this is such a wonderful ensemble cast.

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – September 7, 2012 10:22 AM PDT
  • Can’t wait! Poor Ducky, *sniff*. Thanks Matt!

Comment by Mel – September 6, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody that could please post this on YouTube please?
    As a non-USA citizen, I can’t view. (Or perhaps it’s something else, at least it says geographical)

Comment by Jim – September 6, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Try tvline.com.

Comment by Alternate – September 6, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, I meant: tvfanatic.com/shows/ncis

Comment by Alternate – September 6, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is on YouTube now. Just type in NCIS season 10 promo. It is excellent. I can’t wait. :)

Comment by Kim R – September 6, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOWZA! OMG this will be so powerful. But I am alarmed about McGee… the only hope I have is that Sean Murray signed a contract, so I can only presume he’ll be back. This show is #1 because of its spectacular writing, amazing actors and acting, and great directing. Everything about it is top notch. Too bad more shows can’t have the quality that NCIS does. It’s my fave and I can’t wait!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – September 6, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TONY AND ZIVA. That is all.

Comment by Alyssa – September 6, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ….Enough said!! :)

Comment by Nubie – September 6, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ew. That is all.

Comment by AymieJoi – September 6, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over Tony and Ziva emotionally connecting.

Comment by Maddie – September 6, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey, break it up. What about Vance? Is he alright? Did he survive the explosion?

Comment by Christian – September 9, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh Tony and Ziva in the elevator…and then more to come after…how happy does this make me…very very happy. Just the promo of the ‘earth moving’ is so exciting …yah !!!! Time for those two to really connect and I for one can hardly wait !!!! Bring it on Gary !!!!

Comment by jdeasselin – September 6, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well said !!!! ;)

Comment by estefania – September 8, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the best promos in years. I think they don’t show McGee to keep the mystery whether he is seriously injured or not… but this is truely amazing and I simply can’t wait for more

Comment by Svenja – September 6, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! THAT promo is why NCIS is the Number One Drama on TV!

Comment by Nabil Mazidi – September 6, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for posting this!! I love this show, and can’t wait for the new season.

Comment by reen – September 6, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While CBS seem to be going the way of Fox in that they refuse to allow forgein viewings of their videos – here’s the Youtube link:
    7http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwITn04UFwE

Comment by katy917 – September 6, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree……I love this promo…..it is one of the best and the song they chose for this promo is awesome! I can’t wait til Sept. 25th…..only 19 days left to go.

Gibbs is right, you don’t hurt his family and expect to get away with it. I just hope McGee is not hurt too bad…..but I feel this will allow the fans to see more of Sean’s talents.

I’m looking forward to seeing how they recover from this, on an emotional level. I feel this season will be one of the best.

Tony and Ziva, that’s all I gotta say! :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – September 6, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! September 25th please hurry up!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – September 6, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that is a spectacular promo, but for another promo, how about a preview of what the 10th season opening credits will look like.

Comment by Christian – September 6, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh yes, that would be really nice to see…hurry up September 25th…….

Comment by jdeasselin – September 6, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes it would. What I can imagine, though, is that Palmer is being added to the opening credits. Finally, all the cast members finally in the opening credits.

Comment by Christian – September 9, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, this promo has been out for a few days now. I think TVLine is slipping.

Comment by Mcat – September 6, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Timmy will be fine. He’s young and works cheap. Worry about Ducky.

Comment by terry sellers – September 6, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg that video wrecked me!!! :*( thank you tvline for sharing! cannot wait

Comment by Danyelle – September 6, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re right Matt. DAMN.

Comment by Renee – September 6, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva deserves someone better than wandering-eyed Tony!

Comment by Francy – September 6, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this promo! Love Gibbs and the “family” comment, love Ducky at the beginning-alive, love the Tony and Ziva sizzling chemistry and Abbs-aww. I even like the music they chose. Great promo. Excited about season x. Bring it on. Thanks, Matt. :)

Comment by Natalie – September 6, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This promo tears me apart everytime I see it! Poor Ducky. And the ramifications of what this will mean for Palmer. and Harper dearing… you better be able to run REALLY Fast. I can’t wait until the premiere! Oh yes, and throwing in some extra “Squeeeees!!!” for TIVA in the elevator!

Comment by aldea402 – September 6, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha aldea402..I like every word you said .. in total agreement with you !

And how refreshing that these are such nice comments and not horrible hateful words for the Tony/ Ziva duo…really really nice…thank goodness…

Comment by jdeasselin – September 6, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait!!!!!

Comment by ncisrulez – September 6, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gee, could you make the video any smaller.

Comment by stac – September 6, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn good promo. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

Comment by Sam – September 6, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally got chills listening to it! Love this show!

Comment by Kim – September 7, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I see is TIVA <3

Comment by fan – September 7, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of the main characters have signed a 2 year contract so I have no worries that the mcgee will be in season 10

Comment by Montana – September 7, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We might have found out that they are alright. But, what about Vance? Is he alright?

Comment by Christian – September 9, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best promo I think I’ve ever seen. So many emotions in that one little clip.

Comment by Erica – September 18, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IS DUCKY OK
    ik he signed a contract but now i think it was to show his death…..

Comment by allison – September 20, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anyone know if Abby’s brother on show related in real ? he looks to much like her.

Comment by marge – October 7, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post