First Look: NCIS Season 10 Promo Packs a Punch

Well, damn. David McCallum had to go and do that.

The first promo for Season 10 of CBS’ NCIS, TV’s most watched drama series, packs quite a punch, hinting at the emotional aftermath of the bombing that wrecked HQ with almost all of the main characters inside. But even Ducky, who learned of the tragedy via telephone, was felled by it, with a heart attack.

RELATED | Fall Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on NCIS and 45 More Returning Favorites!

Press PLAY below to hear Gibbs’ vow to avenge this attack on “my family,” let Ducky and Palmer mist up your eyes, listen to Abby’s plea to get “good” back and, on a lighter note, see how Tony and Ziva are managing trapped in the elevator.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on the Return of an NCIS Redhead and More

But again… damn. (Oh, and Season 10 premieres Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c.)

1. daviduter says:

“You hurt my family” – exactly why this show has such a following. Excellent character development for a procedural.

2. Mikaylah says:

Beautiful. I love Gibbs and how his team really is a family. HIS family.

3. estefania says:

I love NCIS

4. Carrie says:

TONY AND ZIVA IN AN ELEVATOR. Gibbs talking about avenging his “family”. Abby being super, super sad. No McGee (!). Ducky in a hospital bed. I might die.

• Christian says:

If they killed off Sean Murray, I’d be so scared

• Stamanah says:

His contract lasts for two more years. McGee will be fine :)

• RJ says:

I’d like to take that as a comfort, but actors do leave shows even under contract (like Sasha Alexander), so that could be a red herring. I am so hoping McGee will survive, and maybe even get a story for a change. Nothing against Tony and Ziva, but I do love McGee too.

• Stamanah says:

Understood. And yes, I totally agree. If anything were to happen to McGee, he would be missed SO much.

• mellow harsher says:

McGee used to be the first cast member I’d toss out whenever rumors would say someone is going to die. Now though Palmer would be my first choice by a country mile. THEN McGee. Though he’s very close to Vance, but Vance has a sneaky side that makes him more interesting than McGeek.

• Oh, I love McGee as well and I hope this means we’ll see Sean really get to showcase his talents. He’s such an integral part of the show. He just signed a new contract back in July. I’m looking forward to seeing Team Gibbs dealing with the aftermath as well as Tony and Ziva’s connection. Nobody messes with Gibbs’ family & gets away with it…..Dearing is going down. Palmer’s not leaving as it was announced back in June that he would become a series regular and be put in the opening credits, plus TPTB have plans for Palmer to step up while Ducky recovers. Wonder how this will shake Vance this season though? How will Abby react to the explosion?? I look forward to seeing her connect with her new found brother. I love each and every character and the actors/actresses that play them and this is such a wonderful ensemble cast.

5. Mel says:

Can’t wait! Poor Ducky, *sniff*. Thanks Matt!

6. Jim says:

Anybody that could please post this on YouTube please?
    As a non-USA citizen, I can’t view. (Or perhaps it’s something else, at least it says geographical)

7. Liana in San Diego says:

WOWZA! OMG this will be so powerful. But I am alarmed about McGee… the only hope I have is that Sean Murray signed a contract, so I can only presume he’ll be back. This show is #1 because of its spectacular writing, amazing actors and acting, and great directing. Everything about it is top notch. Too bad more shows can’t have the quality that NCIS does. It’s my fave and I can’t wait!

8. Alyssa says:

TONY AND ZIVA. That is all.

9. Svenja says:

This is one of the best promos in years. I think they don’t show McGee to keep the mystery whether he is seriously injured or not… but this is truely amazing and I simply can’t wait for more

10. Nabil Mazidi says:

WOW! THAT promo is why NCIS is the Number One Drama on TV!

11. reen says:

Thank you for posting this!! I love this show, and can’t wait for the new season.

12. katy917 says:

While CBS seem to be going the way of Fox in that they refuse to allow forgein viewings of their videos – here’s the Youtube link:
    7http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwITn04UFwE

13. I have to agree……I love this promo…..it is one of the best and the song they chose for this promo is awesome! I can’t wait til Sept. 25th…..only 19 days left to go.

Gibbs is right, you don’t hurt his family and expect to get away with it. I just hope McGee is not hurt too bad…..but I feel this will allow the fans to see more of Sean’s talents.

I’m looking forward to seeing how they recover from this, on an emotional level. I feel this season will be one of the best.

Tony and Ziva, that’s all I gotta say! :-)

14. WOW! September 25th please hurry up!

15. Christian says:

Well, that is a spectacular promo, but for another promo, how about a preview of what the 10th season opening credits will look like.

16. Mcat says:

Yeah, this promo has been out for a few days now. I think TVLine is slipping.

17. terry sellers says:

Timmy will be fine. He’s young and works cheap. Worry about Ducky.

18. Danyelle says:

omg that video wrecked me!!! :*( thank you tvline for sharing! cannot wait

19. Renee says:

You’re right Matt. DAMN.

20. Francy says:

Ziva deserves someone better than wandering-eyed Tony!

21. Natalie says:

Love this promo! Love Gibbs and the “family” comment, love Ducky at the beginning-alive, love the Tony and Ziva sizzling chemistry and Abbs-aww. I even like the music they chose. Great promo. Excited about season x. Bring it on. Thanks, Matt. :)

22. aldea402 says:

This promo tears me apart everytime I see it! Poor Ducky. And the ramifications of what this will mean for Palmer. and Harper dearing… you better be able to run REALLY Fast. I can’t wait until the premiere! Oh yes, and throwing in some extra “Squeeeees!!!” for TIVA in the elevator!

• jdeasselin says:

haha aldea402..I like every word you said .. in total agreement with you !

And how refreshing that these are such nice comments and not horrible hateful words for the Tony/ Ziva duo…really really nice…thank goodness…

23. ncisrulez says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait!!!!!

24. stac says:

gee, could you make the video any smaller.

25. Sam says:

Damn good promo. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

26. Kim says:

I literally got chills listening to it! Love this show!

27. fan says:

All I see is TIVA <3

28. Montana says:

All of the main characters have signed a 2 year contract so I have no worries that the mcgee will be in season 10

29. Christian says:

We might have found out that they are alright. But, what about Vance? Is he alright?

30. Erica says:

Best promo I think I’ve ever seen. So many emotions in that one little clip.

31. allison says:

IS DUCKY OK
    ik he signed a contract but now i think it was to show his death…..

32. marge says:

does anyone know if Abby’s brother on show related in real ? he looks to much like her.