Exclusive

Exclusive: Grey's Anatomy Alum Kim Raver Joins in NBC's Revolution

Kim Raver RevolutionNBC’s Revolution drama, now viewable online but officially premiering Sept. 17, has recruited Grey’s Anatomy alum Kim Raver for a juicy recurring role.

RELATED | Revolution Bosses Answer Burning Qs, Promise Ass-Kicking Adventure (and Rule Out One Blackout Theory)

Set 15 years in the future, Revolution — exec-produced by J.J. Abrams and penned by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) — depicts the aftermath of a global blackout, in which all power goes out. Billy Burke and Tracy Spiradakos lead one band of survivors, while Breaking Bad Emmy nominee Giancarlo Esposito plays Capt. Neville, the officious leader of a militia serving the makeshift Monroe Republic.

Details on Raver’s character are being kept under lock and key, but sources confirm that the part is a pivotal one. (BTW, the Revolution pilot can currently be viewed at NBC.com.)

RELATED | Visit TVLine’s Fall Preview Headquarters for Scoop, Videos, Photos and More!

In addition to her turns as Grey’s doc Teddy Altman, who was written off the ABC series in May, and of course 24′s Audrey Raines, Raver’s TV credits include The Nine, Lipstick Jungle and Third Watch.

1. Brandon says:

Cool! Loved her on “Third Watch” and “The Nine.” I’m looking forward to seeing her on “Revolution.”

2. Linderella says:

Great news! I was already thinking of giving Revolution a look, but Kim Raver’s addition makes that a definite!

3. Kim Raver – in your TV since 1999. She may change the show, but will never take a break :D

4. Colleen says:

Awesome news! And thanks for the link to watch the pilot-wasn’t planning on it but Kim could read the phone book at a Ron Paul rally and I’d be watching so Revolution it is!

5. Ana says:

Awesome!!!! I am soooo happy for her. I was super bummed when she got kicked off Grey’s. Love Ms. Raver! Well, heck, I guess I will be watching Revolution now…I hope she finds a permanent home there and I wish her much success…

6. Mike says:

Before it has even aired- This show gets better by the minute!

7. Carrie says:

Great to hear Kim Raver will be on Revolution. Very happy for her! The show sounds interesting.

8. English says:

Yay!! Kim Raver is one if my favorites!!! Now I am even more excited about Revolution. First Elizabeth Mitchell and now Kim!!!

9. Abbey says:

I watched the pilot on my cable On Demand. Intriguing show. Seems a little like Lost or the book ‘The Road.’ Nice that Kim Raver will have a recurring role. Also nice to see Giancarlo Esposito.

10. Zach says:

Just finished the pilot and boy is it great. I just pray that America watches this show. I don’t know if I can handle another “Awake” situation…

11. tp says:

The pilot was really good. Billy Burke is yummy in this role. I didn’t like Kim Raver’s character on Grey’s but I loved her on Lipstick Jungle. I hope Revolution makes it at least a couple of seasons.

12. Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

This pilot was God awful. Bad acting in places and the premise is kinda stolen right out of The Postman with the militia and post-apocalyptic setting. The story was a bit disjointed where they added in the chick from V and changed the role of the person she replaced. It was vastly underwhelming considering the names involved. It was literally no better than The Event’s pilot. I foresee a handful of fans doing lots of crying over the next few months over the ratings before it is cancelled. They are going to have to make major changes after the pilot to make this an interesting show to watch. And as I knew, their story for the power failure is not going to have any basis in reality. Not after seeing the final scene. Be prepared to be strung along with tiny little nuggets just like that if the show survives, just like Lost. Which had a far superior pilot.

• Carrie says:

Sorry “Chuck” only Bruce Campbell is allowed to use that name.

• Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

Oh that’s too bad. Guess you will just have to live with it. This site is consistently full of commenters that cannot define the word “objective” let alone be objective in evaluating a pilot. Every pilot has the same repetitive people talking about how it is the best thing since sliced bread. Yet I go to other sites with more realistic people and the consensus has been that this show is destined for cancellation right out of the gate if they don’t improve from the pilot drastically. I love scifi, but this was bad. The sword fight straight out of Pirates of the Caribbean made me laugh out loud. It is a typical NBC swing and a miss. Like I said, every week there will be an article about this show with the same 5 delusional people demanding to know why it is pulling a 1.1 in the ratings every week.

13. Viv says:

Showkiller Kim! I love her and all the cancelled shows she leaves in her wake!

14. Mark says:

I don’t like her. She’s so blah. Her acting is blah, her looks are blah, everything about her is so meh. No thank you NBC. I already was planning on skipping this show, thank you for assuring me that I’m making the right decision.

• Linda says:

Oh thank God, finally someone else who doesn’t like Kim Raver. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I agree with everything you mentioned about her. I WAS planning to watch, but between her and Elizabeth Mitchell (also not one of my favs) I may skip it.

• I don’t like her either. I don’t know why people are so hyped about her! It’s like you said, everything about her is blah. I’ve seen her in 24, in Grey’s Anatomy, and not once she’s shown emotion!

Though, I’ll disagree about Elizabeth Mitchell. I don’t love her, but I don’t dislike her, either. I really liked Juliette in Lost.

Although, I’ve seen the pilot, and the main character seems to be the younger girl. She’s pretty okay. I’ve never stopped watching a show because of its actors.

15. Lipstick Socialism says:

absolutely thrilled!!!

16. Amaia says:

She’s a very good actress so another good reason to see ”Revolution”.

17. Fran says:

I love love loove Kim Raver! Revolution is a MUST see show for me now.

18. CC says:

Hated her character on Greys so I am hoping that this is a character I can at least stand.

19. Lena says:

The pilot was amazing

20. briano says:

One word-JERICHO. This will have a devoted, but small following. Ratings will hover right around the cancellation zone, and maybe those devotees will get it a second season. Acting is mediocre at best, and the plot is pretty pedestrian.

21. so we get Kim Raver of 24’s s4, S5 and S5 fame and Elisabeth Mitchel of Lost and V”s fame… isn’t that a revolution you want to get on board with?

22. Very wonderful to see Kim Raver in Revolution. I will watch it with pleasure. God only knows how much I love her. I saw her in 24. It was amazing!!!