Fall TV Preview: Gossip Girl Bosses on the Last Obstacle For 'Chair,' a 'Darker' Dan and More!

Gossip Girl Chuck BlairGossip Girl will be silenced for good this December when the CW soap comes to an end after six years of love, lies and debauchery. What does the final 10-episode season hold in store for the UES crew? In the following Q&A, exec producer Stephanie Savage and Sara Goodman drop exclusive intel on the much-anticipated end game — including scoop on “Chair,” “Dair” and the show’s titular rabble rouser.

TVLINE | What’s keeping Chuck and Blair apart at this point?
GOODMAN | After all of this buildup, they now understand what it would mean for them to be together. The main obstacle is [them figuring out what] they need as separate people.
SAVAGE | The stakes are really high for them. They can’t rush into anything or do anything half-baked.

VIDEO | Watch Gossip Girl‘s Final Season Trailer Now!

TVLINE | Dan and Blair — are they over?
SAVAGE | They may be over, but all parties may not be on the same page about that.

TVLINE | When we left off, Dan was headed to Italy with Georgina.
SAVAGE | Dan definitely makes good on his plan and sets off with Georgina to Italy. But he comes back from overseas with something to spring on the Upper East Side.

TVLINE | How much of Georgina’s darkness will rub off on him?
GOODMAN | I like the dark, so I’m actually really excited about Dan this season. [Laughs] What might seem dark under Georgina is really just Dan finally claiming [his] power. He’s been dismissed by [the gang] for a long time and he’s realizing his power might lie in a different place. It’ll be a more hell-bent and darker Dan than we have necessarily seen, but I think it’s very in keeping with his character.

RELATED | Fall Preview Headquarters — Video, Photos, Schedules & More!

TVLINE | How does Serena’s new love interest, played by Barry Watson, compare to her previous suitors?
SAVAGE | He’s a grown-up. He’s from Serena’s world, but he’s found his own way. He’s someone with real life experience. He’s patient and very understanding and has a strong sense of humor.

TVLINE | Is she ready for a mature relationship?
SAVAGE | The theme of adulthood is something that we’re really playing with in this last run. We’ve kind of gone back to Nate’s speech from the pilot when he and Chuck were walking in Central Park wondering, “Are we really going to end up being just like our parents.” A lot of our characters are dealing with issues where they’re fully adults now, and that’s definitely true of Serena.

TVLINE | What about Nate?
SAVAGE | Nate is trying to run The Spectator on his own without any crazy entanglements from financial partners and he’s figuring out that that’s not as easy as it might seem.

TVLINE | Any hope you can offer Lily/Rufus fans?
SAVAGE | Bart Bass is a pretty formidable opponent. That’s all I’ll say. [Laughs]

RELATED | Get the Scoop on Chuck and Blair’s “Steamy” Gossip Girl Encounter!

TVLINE | How big a role will Serena and Blair’s friendship play this season?
SAVAGE | Blair and Serena’s friendship is really a spine for this whole season. Their relationship is the premise for this show. So we’re really focusing a lot on that this year. And certainly the finale will focus on it as well.
GOODMAN | They are very strong in the last two episodes.

TVLINE | Any familiar faces returning for the finale? Vanessa? Jenny? Eric?
SAVAGE | We definitely, without giving anything away, hope to see some familiar faces in the finale.

TVLINE | Will Gossip Girl be unmasked?
GOODMAN | That’s a secret we will never tell. [Laughs]

Gossip Girl‘s sixth and final season premieres Monday, Oct. 8 9/8c on The CW.

1. Willa says:

Awesome! i’m looking forward to Chuck and Blair and I hope Serena and Blair’s relationship gets back on track. Dair is over and ,Thank GOD! Dan needs to get over it and get a life. What a loser

• ARi says:

It’s so funny but I didn’t even remember Dan at all last season. I watched up until Blair’s sham of a wedding and then I quit because of the travesty that was Dair and then I picked back up when the promos hinted Dair was over for sure and I have no clue what Dan did all last season. All I remember is his disgusting hair and inability to shave his face or grow a beard. Perpetual stubble is cute on very few and Dan Humphrey is not one of the few.

2. Emily says:

I’m overjoyed to hear that Serena and Blair’s friendship will be the “spine” of the season. And I’m interested in Goodman’s comment about SB being strong in the last two episodes? I wonder if that means they don’t fully make up until the last two episodes, or that they are the A plot of the last two eps…

Anyway, I’m also really excited about Chuck and Blair finally getting a chance to make their relationship last. I love watching them together. Now I just wish Nate had a real story line…

• Christie says:

I must say, I read this comment and smiled. Even though we don’t ship the same things, you were respectful enough to say your bit without insulting other fandoms. And that’s rare with Gossip Girl fans. :) And I agree about S/B, if there’s one ship that should always be, without a doubt it’s them. :) Hopefully we’ll get some awesome shopping bonding time in ;) And oh Nate, he’s so adorable, but the writers have just wasted him…:/

3. Melly says:

A return to Blair/Serena as the spine and core of the show is fantastic news. I love Chuck and Blair but at the base I enjoy that this show can be about friendships and I would adore a return to that. I also love that Savage and Goodman sound a lot more balanced in terms of the cast then Safran ever did. He was very focused on Dan and they seem interested on Dan but seem to understand that the show is more than one not that popular character.

High hopes for Season 6! I really hope the series finale is SB focused and the last scene must be Blair and Serena.

4. hannah says:

I’m soooooooo excited for the season to start! I need Chuck and Blair to get married, Serena and Blair to be best friends again, Chuck and Nate scenes, etc. Dark Dan should be interesting too. I hope Dan and Serena work it out, they were so cute. I hope to see all the “familiar faces” at Chair’s wedding! ;-)

5. shay says:

who said Dan is not over it? Now he’s really the outsider and said the thruth about the UES! You are a looser hosh your ship is together and you still bitch on Dan! pathetic!
    chair is a crap for me and all the characters right now are a mess. Don’t watch season 6 for sure and ausiello please talk about good shows with talented writers. Thanks God it”s the last season of this crap

• hannah says:

If you hate everything the show has been based on for 5 seasons, why would you read an article about it? I don’t get it.

• Jessica says:

So true I don’t like Chair either in fact I didn’t start watching GG until season 4 when Dan and Blair started they’re relationship it was the main reasons I watched the show and it makes me upset that Blair didn’t break up with Dan the proper way without even telling him I wasn’t going to watch season 6 but now that I read that Dan was going to get darker and finally stand up for himself they way he should have a long time ago I might decided to watch

• MSC says:

So you didn’t watch until season 4? So ,basically, you never got the gist of Gossipgirl or Blair as a character. That’s why Dair fans are so freaking deluded

6. shay says:

oh I forget Blair/Serena is the worst frienship ever! After all their crap to each other trying to make them bff again is a joke mainly after season 5 finale! and poor Chase he’s like a guest star now juste to have sex with random guest

• Willa says:

No one cares about Dan or effing Dair. Get over it and get a life already. Dan is a loser and the least popular on the show. I’m glad Dair fans are getting nothing. Chuck and blair are back and it’s awesome!

• move_on says:

have u even seen gossip girl or r u talkin about a different show…all u dan hating people are so naive and pathetic….throughout the entire series he has done nothing but been there for everyone of the principle characters…he has always been there for serena…even when her own mother stopped believing in her (season)4…in season 2 when nate goes bankrupt he provided him with shelter and company….in season 5 he even helped chuck to feel…and when blair had no one to talk to who did she turn up to…..i m not sayin the guy is a saint…he is a bit over dramatic sometimes and judgmental to…but the bottom line is he never abandons people around him…even after this if u hate dan then i think ur thought process is as crappy as u r….

• sophia says:

I agree about blairena friendship.For me blair is the only one to blame, she ruined their friendship

• Tamara says:

Um.. lol? Serena is the worst friend/person possible, hence the only logical conclusion this season for her was to have her drugged out and slutting it up with yet another guy. She screws up everything around her and she is lucky to have Blair to put things right for her every single time.

• Michael says:

You might want to take off the rose-colored glasses when you are watching Blair on screen. She isn’t exactly an innocent in hers and Serena’s problems. And how sad that you , as a woman, would contribute to the double-standard that men so willingly espouse. “Slutting it up” with ANOTHER guy? The next time you complain about some unfair disparity between men and women, I doubt that anyone is going to be listening.

• chloe says:

yes and blair is so innocent.She is always the victim.The bitch dated “the love of serena’s life” right in front of her while her grandmother was dying and serena is the slut? Blair is a whore, she just jumps into relationships.She gets married with a prince but she is in love with chuck but she is sleeping with “bff’s ex”.

• Summer says:

They’re a heck of a lot better on the show, friendship-wise, than they were in the books.

7. Lorelai says:

I’m kind of feeling that Chuck is going to be put in the position that he was in season 3 where he could lose his empire or Blair.. and I think he’s going to choose Blair this time, proving how not like his father he is, and striking it out on his own.

I also kind of want Serena to work it out with this new guy if he is good for her. I don’t want Nate to be a consolation prize and I want Dan far away from his ex-step-sister-who-happens-to-share-a-bio-brother-with as possible.

I’m just glad I get the one wish I wanted for the past season. I want my girls back together. I’m so pleased to hear they are the spine for this season. They should be the heart and spine for every season but 4/5 it was just.. missing.

• MB says:

I think that’s great spec (Chuck proving that he’s not like his father, and getting a chance to basically redo the decisions he made at the end of S3 with respect to Blair). So much of the growth for these characters is about learning from their parents’ mistakes and not turning the way they did- especially true for Chuck, Serena, and Nate- and I hope we get to see Chuck show that he really is a better man than Bart.

8. Nanda says:

I couldn’t care less about Dan. I guess when Goodman said he will still be in character it just means Dan will continue to be the same judgemental he ever was blaming the UES for everything bad that happens in his life. Whatever, I am just glad Dair is over. I wish they wouldn’t go back to Derena, Serena deserves so much better;

But yay for Chair. I hope this season makes them and their fans justice. After 2 seasons of awful SLs, Chuck and Blair deserve something good.

9. Chris says:

I like what they said for Chuck and Blair & about Blairena,sound very promising & can’t wait for season 6!!

10. dtse says:

Chuck and Blair, Serena and Blair, Chuck and Nate and NJBC <3 Also monkey please!

11. dtse says:

Last scene can be Blair talking about how is her married life with Chuck to Serena on the MET Steps LOL <3 But I'd love a GG hint too!!!

12. xoxo says:

The Non-Judging Breakfast Club is all I care about….oh, and a true Gossip Girl reveal. Not that Regina crap. The only one I care to come back is Eric. Jenny and…the other chick whose name I don’t care to remember were brats, judgmental, and annoying.

13. disappointed says:

idc about Chair or Dair – last scene better be Blair and Serena looking awesome and being fabulous.

14. Kristin says:

All I want is for Dan to get a haircut.

• Ari says:

amen! Judging by the previews, we do not get our wish. Don’t the people in hair and wardrobe have some say in this? He is making the hair department look bad. I think I could have taken Dair more seriously if Dan wasn’t one shopping cart away from resembling the homeless guy who lives on the corner.

• murley says:

while I prefer the epic live story of chuck and blair, I thought dan and blair were cute together EXCEPT i could not accept the absurd idea that blair would date someone who’s hair looked that unbelievably ridiculous.

• Lorelai says:

is it wrong that his hair was actually the ~thing~ that couldn’t let me suspend my disbelief? I mean Blair… an “evil dictator of taste” wouldn’t have tried to murder his hair while he slept? I think not. I think the first time they had a sleepover she would have cut it off for the greater good.

• MSC says:

Dair was so absurd in so many ways, the hair is just the first thing. Glad that’s over and Chuck and Blair are back to rule the UES

15. sophia says:

Can’t wait for chuck and blair!!!!!

16. Chuck and Blair fighting one last obstacle!! Interview sounds promising and reaffirming endgame. Yay interview.

17. Chris says:

Chuck and Blair!! Blair and Serena!!! And OMG Don’t tease me Bart/Lily even if Bart is a cold bastard lol. I cannot wait!!!

18. Leigh says:

I liked this interview. I think Goodman and Savage get what fans want after Safran’s disaster season. Most are ready and excited for Chuck and Blair and saying Blair and Serena are the spine – that makes me really happy. On Dan- he made himself an outsider again by being a douche last year. I really don’t care for that character.

19. Megan says:

Finally the writers put out an interview. I’m glad they’re really going back to Chuck and Blair figuring out themselves as they are in a relationship. It looks like they’re picking up where they left off in season 4. I guess they wanted to forget the last half of season 4 and all of season 5 like most of the audience wants to. I’m relieved they still consider Serena and Blair’s relationship as important as they used to. I’m looking forward to a great final season and I think the writers are finally over jerking fans around, which is nice

20. Sarah says:

Thank you very much for the interview!!, I loved it!!. I am very excited for the next and final season. Chuck and Blair will be together finally, we are at the finish line so I know that everything will work out between them. I expect a wedding in the last episode of the series.. I am very happy because they will rebuild the friendship between Blair and Serena!!. Poor Nate, I hope he has at least a decent plot, but it will be more of the same for him. Hopefully Dan and Georgina bring something interesting and I hope this time the plot of Dan finished in a apology from him, because honestly it is not the fault of the band that he feels this way over the years, at least not the fault of Nate and Chuck or even Serena. And by the way, Dan has stepped back along the fifth season and in previous seasons and it is his responsibility to have become everything he hates the Upper East Side.
    And I want Rufus and Lily back together too!!. Bart is only an obstacle!!
    Anyway, I’m very excited!!!.

21. Danielle says:

“He’s been dismissed by [the gang] for a long time”

Hmm… since when exactly? He’s friends with Nate and has been since s2, he was friendly of sorts with Chuck in early s5, he dated Serena and she declared her love for him last season and he dated Blair last season. How has he been dismissed by them? Because Blair dumped him?

Glad to hear the last two episodes are focused on Blair and Serena. Who else wants the last shot of the series to be of them?

22. Shiela says:

Good lord. This makes me physically sick. Salvage knows she has to cater to 17 year old fan girls with twisted visions of grandeur love, so that’s what she’s doing. I’ll be in my Dair bubble, wishing they existed on some other show besides this crap.

• S says:

I hate to burst your bubble, but they, i.e. an equivalent of them (only, usually less forced), have existed on every teen show ever. And “Salvage” [sic] may just salvage the show. One can only hope she understands female friendship (I won’t even touch the topic of miscarriage) better than Safran.

• MSC says:

Please stay in your Diar bubble because I don’t think anyone really cares about your opinions of the show anymore and you would probably go insane (as you clearly are) because the show didn’t turn out in the warped way you imagined it would. I would sympathize with Dair fans (I have had a few couples I ship not be endgame) but you guys are just laughable at this point. While you accuse others of acting like 17 yr olds you act like a 2 year old who got your toy taken away from you, so you cry about it. Guess what? Most hated Dair, they still do. Despite the fantasies you had and the delusions you built in your heads, Chuck and Blair were always going to be endgame and it was always written as such. If you think otherwise, you ,clearly, didn’t watch most of the series except for the 6 Dair episodes where they looked terrible together (most of which are rated the worst in the series) So ,stay in your Dair bubble while one of the creators of the show actually attempts to salvage the mess left by Safran and Dairsaster. Meanwhile,I’ll enjoy season 6 while you fantasize about the worst pairing on the show and we’ll both be happy

23. Pat says:

LOL at this show. Dan and Georgina better burn the UES to the ground.

24. Hojana says:

I hope everyone dies in a car crash. If you think about it, that would be the best possible ending this show could have.

25. Joy says:

Can’t wait to see Chuck and Blair finally together – it has been an excruciating wait!! Glad to see the focus is back on Serena and Blair’s friendship. Looking forward to everyones stories in these final 10 episodes, returning familiar faces and hopefully ending with a Chuck and Blair wedding.

26. Will says:

“After all of this buildup…”
    Excuse me, what buildup? It’s ridiculous how Chuck and Blair’s relationship has been consumed by the same dilemma for nearly 4 years. How can you expect the pairing to grow if they insist on running in circles? They attempted to focus on their “individual” goals two seasons ago, so what’s the difference now?

The writers aren’t even attempting to repair the damage they’ve caused in that awful S5 finale. It irks me how they cling to S1 for inspiration as they’re simply regressing instead of progressing. So much has happened over the last 5 years yet the writers purposely dismiss that. Has it occurred to them to actually rewatch the entire series in order to make sense of everything…? Ugh, so frustrating!

• dude says:

Agreed. The problem is, the writers don’t know how to write Chuck/Blair as a couple. They proved that in season three. So instead of having them grow as characters, they throw any roadblock they can in their way to halt the inevitable and stall until the finale when they put them together.

• chloe says:

i agree even if i still care about chair.This show just keeps gettinfg worse and worse every season.They just don’t know what to do, i can’t believe they are paid to write this crap stories who are not believable anymore.I am sorry but who can still take blair seriously after season 5? they have done too much damage and with all the characters.I guess we can thank safran for that.

27. Natasha says:

Screwed up show now, who care

28. Zye says:

VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!
    VANESSA AND DAN should be endgame!!

29. This show is such a mess, they’ve never be able to get it back on track in 10 episodes.

30. Kat says:

LOLing at the bitter DB fans here.. Admit it, you’re keeping an eye on articles and news because you’re somehow hoping DB will get back together.. but guess what? They were an obstacle and they were overcome. It’s over. Stop trying to ruin the enjoyment of the fans who still love this show and go love your ship.

31. James says:

I’ve always imagined the last scene to be something like Serena and Blair together while Gossip Girl says something about friendship. And after S and B walk away together there is a zoom to a person smiling while texting something without revealing who she/he is (It would be awesome if Kristen Bell makes a cameo). The last scene has to be something along that way… I hope.

32. Elisha says:

Yay for Chuck and Blair!!!!!!! And they need to build Serena and Blair again after horrible Dan wrecked it – hate that guy

33. May says:

I’m really happy to hear that the Blair-Serena’s friendship is going to be fixed and that it will have an important role in the final season. I’m also looking forward to a Chuck and Blair reunion and to see how they will overcome the final obstacles to their (totally deserved) happy ending. And I do hope Nate is getting a good storyline this time. :) (BTW It was about time for the show to go back to its core relationships).

34. Maj says:

Chuck and Blair suck! It’s so sick and very repetitive. Is this what you got writers? LOL, No wonder this show is sinking as hell.

35. Ella says:

Wow I was a HUGE HUGE Chair fan that quit the show completely when he punched the glass above her head. And I loathe Dair bc I detest Dan, only pairing I really liked was Jenny and Nate…but wow..they really keep repeating the same storylines OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I was thinking of watching the last season but forget it. Chuck and Blair should NOT be together! Chuck should be with Eva since he was much nicer and Blair should go back to nate or something or they should all end the show alone.

And furthermore, I can’t believe all of you sick Chair fans who still like them after he DID that stuff to her – trading for the hotel and PUNCHING A GLASS OVER HER HEAD AND CUTTING HER FACE. IN WHAT WORLD IS THAT OKAY? If someone did this to you in real life, would you just accept an apology? And don’t give me that crap about it being fictional and ~they belong together because they love each other~ – NO. You are a sick individual for supporting that crap. Yes, I said it. You guys are in too deep – so invested in this abusive relationship that you don’t see it for what it is. Go outside. Live life. You guys are shipping out of habit is what it looks like. There is nothing beautiful about Chuck and Blair anymore. These writers keep writing the same tripe over and over and you just all eat it up. Their dialogue is also SO repetitive. It’ll do you good to let go of them. I know it’s hard but please just think about it and why you like Chair so much. I really don’t know why the punching glass incident didn’t even wake you guys up. You all just ignore what he did and excuse it. Think about it Chair fans – it’s SO sad and pathetic you guys ship them still. :(

• sonia says:

• dude says:

If you were in an abusive relationship, I’m sure your friends would stage an intervention. Shipping an abusive relationship is almost as bad. Welcome to intervention.

• MB says:

^said the bitter Dair fan.

Yes, clearly enjoying an angsty, over-dramatic, *fictional* couple on a teen soap is “almost as bad” as being in a relationship with someone who beats you. Do you even think about what you’re saying before you type it?

• MSC says:

Your a moron. We like Chuck and Blair so go get a freaking life and if you care about abuse go in the real world and preach this to people it affects. Don’t be a freaking idiot going on and on about abuse that never happened on a fictional show because you didn’t get your couple. Most of us find you Dair fans who do this repulsive.

• Joy says:

Wow someone has some strong feelings!!! Just like you have to right to make the above comment being free speech and all so do other people have the right to like any couple they want. This is only YOUR opinion.
      Is Kelly Rutherford, Cecily Zon Ziegesar, Kristin Bell etc. pathetic because they like the fictional couple of Chuck and Blair? There’s a suggestion I find it works for me – if I don’t like a TV show any more I don’t read articles about it and I certainly don’t comment on them. I’m sure all that anger you seem to have built up inside you might disappear and you can let it all go :)

• Ella says:

Yeah I’m mad the writers completely ruined Chuck and Blair. But am I still going to ship them, NO. and LOL about strong feelings. You sound really defensive. Maybe because you know I’m right.

• Sheila says:

*the highest of fives to this comment*. Chair fans are so diluted, just because they are the majority doesn’t make them any less so. And considering all the Dair hate on this forum, Sonia, I could throw your comment right back at you: “Why are you here? i don’t understand.We ship the couple we want.If you are not happy then screw you.Who the hell are you to tell us who to ship?”

• sonia says:

did i insult dan in my comment? No so shut up

• Sheila says:

No, you told Dair fans to screw themselves. Much classier.

• dude says:

Anyone who uses “shut up” in a debate proves how limited their vocabulary is.

• Sheila says:

I’m almost certain I could draw a correlation between Chair fans and lack of education. Seriously peeps, at least do your fandom some respect and proof read your predictable blather. I’ll help: “did i insult dan in my comment? No so shut up” should be “Did I insult Dan in my comment? No, so shut up.” Commas, people – they’re your friends.

• MB says:

And I’m pretty certain the Chair fans who have PhDs would disagree with you. But no need to let silly little things like facts and logic interfere with your wild generalizations and unfounded insults, right? Please, do go on.

• MSC says:

Oh ,look Dair fans who can’t even get what happens on a teen tv show calling themselves “intellectuals” for who they ship and judging others on who they do. No wonder you like a douchebag like Dan Humphrey. God, I am so happy you jerks won’t ever get anything from this show.

• Ella says:

I’m just glad I opened my eyes. I can’t understand ANYONE who ships them anymore. Him doing that to Blair – I just can’t even watch their scenes at all anymore from past seasons. They’re ruined. I wanted to watch the last season to see if it got better but after reading what happened in season 5 (Blair pregnant and then a car accident…WOW, just wow.) and this article, I’m staying away.

• MSC says:

DAir is DEAD and you looking pathetic still being around is funny. You lost. Try to get over the majority hated Dair and wanted Chair. But ,hell, I should be happy some moron Dair fan actually admitted Chair was the majority since you guys delude yourselves about everything pertaining to the show to begin with. Guess what- Chuck and Blair have crazy, porn makeout sex? I hope you saw that

• MSC says:

You call Chair fans deluded when we had 5 years of buildup and Dair had about 6 episodes where Blair didn’t even love Dan and you proclaimed Dair was endgame? Please, Fool, the only deluded ones remain the dummies like you who are still around even though your ship is dead. Dair won’t be remembered from this series in a few years. You didn’t get your way ,well, too bad. Go find something else in life

• MB says:

So you post a histrionic rant full of personal insults, wild generalizations and judgments about people based on what they enjoy on a fictional TV show, prove yourself mentally incapable of distinguishing between fact and opinion- i.e., you seem to be under the impression that your opinion is more “correct” than everyone else’s- and you expect any of us to take you seriously or give a crap what you think? LOL. Get over yourself.

• Rachel says:

It’s sad and pathetic that you care about who other people ship. Really. Get over yourself.

• Ella says:

I think I know you… and I normally don’t care who ships what, but in the case of Chair, after 4×20, I’m more DISTURBED by the people sticking by this. We all should have just left the show, the GGWriters bulldozed our ship to the ground. You all just ignore what Chuck does. So I won’t get over myself because it’s messed up how you all just ship them obsessively and blindly. I can’t believe I used to be like you guys. I hate myself for being so invested in Chair.

• sonia says:

But we ship whoever we want.What’s the matter with you? if we are obsessed, why do you care?.

• MB says:

So people ship “blindly” simply because they don’t agree with you? And people who appreciate Chuck’s redemption story and don’t believe a character is a lost cause after one mistake are just “ignoring what he did”? Do you seriously view yourself as some source of enlightenment, tasked with explaining to the poor ignorant masses why their opinions are wrong? FFS, quit telling other people what they should do or think, and GET OVER YOURSELF. You’re welcome to your opinion, but you need to recognize that that’s all it is, and none of us are required to give a crap about it.

• MSC says:

Oh go preach outside and get your own life, hypocrite. You being around at all commenting on forums us freaking hysterical! And Chuck’s not abusive no matter how much you and your dumbass “dairlings” scream. You LOST. Chuck and Blair are epic to so many and ,yeah, the majority freaking love them. You keep screaming abuse, honey, because it’s laughable to most who actually watch the show and aren’t warped idiots like yourself. Oh, and no one wants a scum bag cheater like Dan in real life so please ,girl, take your own advice and go outside and get off your computer while I watch Chuck and Blair be awesome this season!

36. Emma says:

This show is terrible. I watched last season for Dan/Blair storyline. They worked together very well and had great chemistry. Unfortunately Chuck and Blair will end up together because writers want to satisfy those teenage girls who think dysfunctional relationship (which lasted for some many seasons) is an epic love story.

• sonia says:

they are done!!!! get over it and gtfo if you are not happy with this show.Why are you even comment if you hate the show.

• It's about time says:

Don’t get why Dair fans bring age into their arguments. GG is a teen soap on the cw for crying out loud. It’s a given that teens are the Target audience. If you want to deal with an “adult” audience, GG isn’t the place to start. You probably shouldn’t waste so much time internalizing a TV show, especially a soap. They do crazy things in soaps, I don’t know what you expect. GG has never been a public service announcement, it has always been a soap. Chuck
      and Blair have always been a huge deal on the show, Dan and Blair was just something they did last season. It’s fine to like Dan and Blair, but if you didn’t think Chuck and Blair were endgame, I don’t what show you’ve been watching.

• Sheila says:

That’s a silly excuse. Just because a show is a “teen soap” that doesn’t mean we can’t hold it to certain standards. Shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Felicity, and Gilmore Girls were teen shows too, and they were so far superior. We’re allowed to expect more.

• MSC says:

Are you a dumbass or what? You get Buffy was raped by Spike. And guess what, you’re such a dumb butt you can’t get a plot line from a mile away on a teen show. I’m so glad you won’t get anything from this show. Maybe you should get a life and walk away because you just look like a terd right now

• dude says:

Teens were the target 5 years ago when the show began. I’d hope the teens who tuned in then had matured enough by now to realize that abusive relationships aren’t love stories and that there’s nothing romantic about Chuck and Blair.

• MSC says:

You keep saying that because the majority of viewers want Chuck and Blair and that’s what their getting, so go whine about it all night long but you still lose

• MB says:

Chuck and Blair will end up together because they were always supposed to end up together. That’s just the vision the writers had for their relationship, and it’s been obvious since the beginning of S2. So don’t blame the writers, or some imagined horde of teenage fangirls, for your own failure to grasp the obvious. Dan and Blair were never intended to be more than a speed bump (and LOL at you saying the show is terrible when the couple you loved broke up literally one episode ago).

• Ella says:

Yeah but what they had Chuck do to Blair was disgusting. Having him punch that window over her head was so horrifying to watch, because they’re so young and then seeing how their fans just excuse his behavior saying that he was sorry. Yes he can be sorry but they need to stay far away from each other. That’s what you should do when someone does that. There’s nothing enjoyable about Chair anymore, especially because they’re together one minute and then they say their millionth goodbye to each other. It’s like Groundhog Day with them.

• MSC says:

Blah, blah, blah. Keep preaching your BS because, Honey, it hasn’t worked for two years. Chuck and Blair are endgame. Get a freaking life already

37. It's about time says:

I love Chuck and Blair! Can’t wait till they get married.

38. rita says:

their relationship and not they’re*

39. lovely says:

It is shocking how most probably all of those making hateful comments about Dan being a loser are in a lower social position than his character is. Well, television is obviously good at making you delusional about your own social status. A great way to keep the lower classes content! Lovely, isn’t it!

40. Elyse says:

Dair was the worst thing to ever happen to GG. glad thats over.

41. Annie says:

People don’t hate Dan because he’s poor and they certainly don’t love Chuck because he’s rich. Dan is a douche who can’t own up to his own mistakes, he puts women on a pedestal and when they don’t live up to his expectations he treats them like crap. I could cite that as emotional abuse but I won’t. Chuck has made mistakes, I will never sugarcoat that but at least he admits he has and apologizes for it. The arguments are getting ridiculous on here.

• MB says:

Exactly. And Dan’s not even poor, he started the show middle class and then his dad married Lily, which basically made him as wealthy as the rest of the characters. People hate on him because he’s a douchebag, it has nothing to do with money.

• Katie says:

That is absolutely NOT emotional abuse, go get educated and stop throwing around words you don’t know how to use.

• Anya says:

I have been emotionally abused before and the thing that she said was true- it is. I am a Chair fan. I agree, they have gone downhill since season three, but I keep hoping they’ll get better. I didn’t think Dair made much sense, but I suppose what happened happened. I just thought it was out of character for both of them. If Chair doesn’t get better in s 6, I won’t die. I’ll be disappointed, but all Chair fans will rewatch their glory days smiling and moving on. Because it’s a TV show, not reality. We have our own lives to live. :)

42. sarah l says:

Chuck and Blair finally. Dan just grow up and own up to your messes instead of blaming everyone else. Please end the series alone

43. Alice says:

Finally this show will be over and Leighton will finally be freed. I used to love Dan, Blair, and Serena but now 5 years of character growth reversed in one episode. I can’t believe it took 6 seasons for this to end.

44. Allie says:

Gah, I’m so impatient to see Chuck and Blair together again. It feels like it’s been ages. I sat through all that ridiculous Louis nonsense and as much as I could stomach of the Dair arc, so there’d better be some awesome payoff in season 6!

45. Rachel says:

Thanks for the interview, Aus. I’ll miss the train wreck that is the comments to your GG articles. LMFAO

46. abby says:

Dan humphrey sucks, i hate him.Who cares about what he does anymore? can’t he just die or go far far away just like his sister and vanessa.I am so sick of this character.I’ve never liked him but now i just can’t stand this guy anymore.I hope serena will finally be happy because she deserves it and i hope she stays away from blair,i think this girl is bipolar. she likes a person one minute and then the next she hates them, then she likes them again but then she likes a 3rd person she treated as a piece of crap just a minute ago.And people sees her as a victim and is always innocent, she is always forgiven and i am sick of it.The others are always responsible for her actions.I used to love and respect this character but safran ruined her last season.She disgusts me

47. Kitt says:

Good grief. What the hell kind of rubric are these people following when it comes to writing for this show? The narrative has absolutely no cohesive structure or logical flow and it’s been that way since about mid-season 2. It’s been a slow decline ever since. I just want to know why. The only reason that I can think of is that they genuinely believe their fans are as vapid as the storylines and thus see no point in even trying to make sense.

48. Jessica says:

I don’t care who people ship if they want Dair then fine but If they want Chair then fine I ship Dair and always will I know they won’t get back together I’m not stupid but that’s who I choose I don’t like Chair at all and they don’t belong together but I’m not about to comment on the people who like Chair nothing wrong with that I just don’t like them

49. Whoa Now... says:

Gossip Girl is dead. Ever since they started playing nice Season 2, nothing makes sense and everything gets wrapped up in a bow. I was actually OK with Dair, it was the most interesting thing that season. Either way like the rest of America I won’t be watching. I came here to see if there would be any good ideas or plots and as usual there’s nothing of note.

• Shantell says:

The Show Is Poping They Are 6 Million People That’s Going To Watch This Show & About 10 Hundred That’s Not I’m 1 On The 6 Million Who Is & You 1 Of The Stupid 10 Hundred Who’s Not Stop Trying To Put The Show Down Watch Season 4 & 5 You Will See What I’m Talking Bout

50. Shantell says:

I Love Chuck & Blair Together OMG They Are Great Dan Being Dark Get Over It You Already Knew Blair Was Going To Chuck Sooner Or Later Go Be With The One Girl Who Want You For You & That’s Serena