Fall TV Preview

Blind Item: Hit Drama Planning X-Rated Treat – Will It Make It Past the Censors? (Warning: NSFW)

As the saying goes, “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.”

But this October, fans of a certain hit drama will probably be screaming for a splash of cold water on their faces after they witness what goes down between one of the show’s randier couples — a hook-up so racy, it almost didn’t make it to air.

RELATED | Fall Preview Headquarters — Video, Photos, Schedules & More!

Allow me to set the scene: Ice cream parlor. Lovers on a date. Each enjoying a sundae. The male half of the pair reaches under the table to, ahem, melt his partner under her dress. He then takes that same hand and dips it in her sundae. And finally, the frisky female laps up a spoonful of the “tainted” dessert.

Hot fudge, indeed!

As you can imagine, this is where the road gets rocky. Standards and Practices at the unnamed broadcast network initially balked (though, were the tryst to play out on a pay cabler like HBO or Showtime, no one would so much as blush). Eventually, I hear the debate escalated to the highest office at the network – the forward-thinking president – and the scene was OK’d. (Of course, anything can change between now and the airdate.)

RELATED | Ask Ausiello — Spoilers on Grey’s Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory, Vampire Diaries and More!

Now, while the series in question has pushed the envelope before, sexually speaking, this incident is still bound to raise eyebrows. But should it? After all, the broadcast networks — competing as they are with the likes of Game of Thrones, Dexter and Boardwalk Empire — have been getting racier for years (and years). Wasn’t it just a matter of time before they leveled the playing field? And should the network prez be lauded for having the guts to do just that?

Oh, and while you’re you’re busy discussing whether greenlighting the bit is smart business or evidence of moral decay, perhaps you’d also like to take a stab at guessing the identity of the couple in question?

Tags:

Comments (276)

• Sounds hot. The only show on the air right now that I watch that shocks me, not because of its content, but because they were allowed to get away with it, was The Good Wife. There’s lots and lots of vagina action just off camera on that show.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 5, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it Shark Tank?

Comment by skillman – September 5, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “There’s lots and lots of vagina action just off camera on that show.” This line is cracking me up for some reason.
      Does sound like TGW though, and Archie gave an interview some weeks back mentioning she couldn’t believe some of the racier stuff the show was doing and that it got past censors. The scene is probably between Kalinda and Nick.

Comment by Saint Alicia – September 5, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You know, not everything has to be made fun of.

Comment by vagina reaction – September 6, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TGW was totally what I thought of.

Comment by justjack – September 5, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife?

Comment by Chance – September 5, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is right up their alley…

Comment by slizabeth – September 5, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well my first thought was Scandal, seriously I’m not a prude I watch Game of Thrones, Dexter, etc., but I blushed a little bit with the President/Olivia hotel scene, though your guys idea of The Good Wife is probably more likely.

Comment by moobear – September 5, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was going to guess Scandal or The Good Wife as well… I could see it happening on either, but I’m leaning towards Scandal.

Comment by erin – September 12, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope it’s not TGW. Love that show. And I really, really hope it’s not any of my favorite ships from any of my favorite shows. Sounds smarmy and gross, not hot. Sorry.

Comment by Gia – September 5, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHS??? Adam Levine and Chloe Sevigny???

Comment by Lesley – September 5, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AHS is on FX not a broadcast network

Comment by Joel – September 5, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • fx is considered a broadcast network

Comment by Cassie – September 5, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, FX is definitely cable. Broadcast are ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CW.

Comment by Alex – September 5, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s not on a network… so no.

Comment by noa – September 5, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It could be AHS but it wont be those two. Chloe’s scenes take place in the 60′s while Adams take place in the present.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – September 5, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nevermind completely overlooked the broadcast part. Maybe it will be Snow white and Charming on ONCE :)

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – September 5, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Unlikely.

Comment by xav – September 5, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Now, while the series in question has pushed the envelope before, sexually speaking…”

once hasn’t really pushed the envelope sexually

Comment by Estee Thomas – September 5, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I guess none of you recognize sarcasm..

Comment by JULES – September 6, 2012 07:08 AM PDT
        • lol… hide the kids.

Comment by Emily – September 7, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife

Comment by tgw – September 5, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmm let me guess…..

first, you should give us an hint about the network LOL… but I don’t think it could be a Fox show… a kiss is already too much for them sometimes…

Comment by lysa – September 5, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Eventually, I hear the debate escalated to the highest office at the network – the forward-thinking president ” Thats the best hint we’ll get… it’s Once Upon A Time.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 5, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

that’s a pretty good hint & once hasn’t really pushed the envelope sexually

Comment by Estee Thomas – September 5, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you might be confusing fox network with fox news. Fox network is pretty much all about using sex to sell its scripted and,especially, its reality shows.

Comment by Angela – September 5, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s crazy talk. Here’s all their returning shows: The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, Bones, Raising Hope, New Girl, The X Factor, Glee, Touch and Fringe. Exactly which of those shows is “all about using sex to sell”??? Which of those shows even has sex scenes that don’t occur off-screen? New Girl is the only one I can think of, and they’re certainly not the selling point of that show.

Comment by KevyB – September 11, 2012 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t know but gross

Comment by amoeba – September 5, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah… I’m all for racy stuff on tv- I mean, I love me some True Blood- but that particular scenario is kind of squicky to me.

Comment by Jane – September 5, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why? Essentially she’s taking her own “juices” into her mouth. it’s not squickier than a BJ where she takes another persons certainthing into her mouth.

Comment by DJ Doena – September 5, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I find that squicky too, honestly. Not, like, in a disapproving way, but in a way where it doesn’t particularly appeal to me.

Comment by Jane – September 5, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I dunno…I love giving the bj’s myself, but I’m EXTREMELY squicked out by my own “juices” as you put it. I won’t even kiss after he drops…
          *shudder*

Comment by SweetHoney – September 6, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yeah vagina juices and post BJ saliva are nothing alike. let’s be honest ladies!!!

Comment by ohlala – September 12, 2012 12:38 AM PDT
    • Sure, but if they were a pair of dudes doing the same you would approve?

Comment by Phil – September 5, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The squicky part to me is that I don’t think that bodily fluids and ice cream go well together, regardless of whose body is providing said… topping. That’s just… yeah, it’s icky.

Comment by Ace – September 5, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s just disgusting.

Comment by Pat – September 6, 2012 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abc?!?

Comment by Sarah – September 5, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With the parent company of ABC being Disney I find it unlikely to be an ABC show

Comment by haukmoor – September 5, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about some clues ?

Comment by caroline – September 5, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife? Would it be Peter and Alicia though? They did have that bathroom scene.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – September 5, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s probably something on fx, either sons of anarchy or AHS

Comment by Cassie – September 5, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Sons of Anarchy as well.

Comment by Garnet_and_Gold47 – September 5, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I amazes me that people who read and comment on TV websites don’t know the difference between a broadcast network and a cable network.

Comment by JC – September 5, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash, Good Wife, or Gossip Girl. CBS and Fox wouldnt allow this.

Comment by Joel – September 5, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t be Smash. They don’t come back until January.

Comment by JJ – September 5, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh, The Good Wife is on CBS.

Comment by xav – September 5, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And the Good Wife already had a similar scene in an episode last season (minus the ice cream) with Kalinda that passed the CBS censors.

Comment by Bob – September 12, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I doubt it’s SVU, unless it’s the fifty shades episode that they are supposely going to have. I can’t see them doing something like that, unless Meloni came back to do a guest star then I could see El and Liv doing that.

Comment by icywinter2 – September 5, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh gosh, I don’t see Stabler (sp?)and Green as that TYPE of couple, they’re probably be more into vanilla sex than the kinky stuff.

Comment by Tracy Murray – September 5, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE tell me it’s not Mike & Molly… (shudders)

Comment by Greg Gifford (@GregGifford) – September 5, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is a drama. Mike and Molly is a comedy.

Comment by CC – September 5, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dude, I almost lost my breakfast! That is too funny!!!!! I cannot stop laughing…

Comment by STL Cards Fan – September 5, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can’t be Glee, because that’s on hiatus for October.

Comment by Jason Breslin – September 5, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And because Fox barely allows showing kissing on their network, let alone something like this.

Comment by SW – September 5, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clearly Vampire Diaries. No contest here. Pushed it before with the 3-way that everyone was up in arms about and now it’ll be this. Not sure you can really call the CW a network though.

Comment by JJ – September 5, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO WAY will it be Vampire Diaries. That show likes to be graphic (and I like that is does), but it IS essentially geared towards teenagers. That’s a little too… I don’t know. Not Vampire-Diaries-like.

Comment by Emma – September 5, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right, but how do you explain the 3-way for a teenage audience?

Comment by JJ – September 5, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, but they didn’t really SHOW the three way. In the act, I mean.

Comment by becca – September 5, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • when did Vampire Diaries ever have a three-way? I think you might be confusing this with Gossip Girl.

Comment by kate – September 5, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That wasn’t a three-way and no one was up in arms about it. Damon and Rebekah had sex while the other girl watched. It’s not even clear if she was in the room during the actual sex and all of it was off-camera. This is very much not TVD.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 5, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sounds icky to me, but I bet it’s not TVD, they only ever eat at that one restaurant, although maybe since half the characters on that show eat blood…EW! Gossip Girl on the other hand did show parts of a three-way which pushed the envelope. But I bet its a CW, ABC, or maybe, maybe an NBC show (although I can’t think of a drama on NBC with a couple that might do that)

Comment by Drewer – September 5, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounds like Glee or a CW show. Or maybe The Good Wife will experience some vagina steam?

Comment by Phil – September 5, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee is considered a comedy.

Comment by CC – September 5, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking The Good Wifee too.

Comment by Theresa – September 5, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHS isn’t broadcast. Cooper and Charlotte on PP?

Comment by Kevin – September 5, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve heard PP on another website. So, this wouldn’t shock me.

Comment by Thilia – September 5, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If ABC wasn’t owned by Disney, this would’ve been my gut response too. That sounds totally like something Charlotte and Cooper would do.

Comment by AJ – September 5, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have done a lot of stuff with them before. Her being covered in body paint, whips, etc.

Comment by xav – September 5, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought.

Comment by Meg – September 5, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My first thought was Charlotte and Cooper as well. Seems they have always tried to make her super kinky. Maybe because they have a kid at home now they are taking it elsewhere? Still, not so sexy having her do it. I mean, not sexy either way, but ugh. Okay, I don’t want to get into it, lol.

Comment by Kat – September 5, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wanna say The Good wife or AHS, Adam Levine is problaly doing this…

Comment by TVaddict02 – September 5, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to say Castle, but don’t know if it qualifies as “hit drama”.

Comment by itsmemartu – September 5, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be totally out of character for Castle.

Comment by Mia – September 5, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No it wouldn’t. Plus, Castle has to be one of the more daring shows in terms of crude innuendo.

Comment by Jack – September 5, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nevermind. I forgot to read the part where it said the series itself has been pushing the envelope on that matter, and I don’t think Castle has.

Comment by itsmemartu – September 5, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I’m not sure at all.

Comment by Pauline – September 5, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s pretty obvious it’s not Castle.

Comment by angela – September 5, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Castle as well. They have an episode set on a beach location, and an Ice cream parlor sounds appropriate in such setting. ABC is not known for racier scenes, so it would be shocking. And I’m pretty sure Castle is considered a hit drama.

Comment by May – September 5, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought about that episode as well, but just because it has a fanbase makes it a hit drama.

Comment by itsmemartu – September 5, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My first thought was this episode, too. People seem to have selective memories of ABC pushing the limits, for whatever reason. And if anyone thinks Castle and Beckett wouldn’t go there they obviously don’t know the characters! lol. They’re each pretty naughty and kinky on their own but together I imagine tv’s overheating will be common ;)

Comment by Klover – September 5, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not Castle because it’s never showed a hint of being that crude.

Comment by Audrey – September 5, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s Castle. The most suggestive thing they’ve ever done on that show is in “Always Buy Retail” when Meradith comes into town and “goes down on Castle”. You don’t actually see the act, but she does disappear from view.

I hope it’s not them either. I love Caskett beyond words, but I don’t want the show to turn into some raunchy sex-fest.

Comment by alieh86 – September 5, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Charlotte and Cooper on Private Practice? Though The Good Wife has gone super racy with things like this in the past.

Comment by Lori – September 5, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I immediately thought Private Practice as well. There’s definitely a lot of sex on that show.

Comment by big cheddar – September 5, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking of either The Good Wife or Private Practice, moreso towards PP because the article says “Standards and Practices.” Capitalized.

Comment by Audrey – September 5, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Standards and Practices is the name of a department, so it should be capitalized. You’re reaching. It’s The Good Wife. They’ve always been super racy.

Comment by rowan77 – September 11, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It always amazes me that anything sexual results in a furore when so many TV shows are permitted to air scenes of extreme violence without anyone batting an eyelid.

Comment by Kady – September 5, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I instantly thought Gossip Girl

Comment by tvaddict – September 5, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too. either Gossip Girl or the good wife.

Comment by noa – September 5, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But it said HIT drama, which I think excludes Gossip Girl. But me thinks it could be The Good Wife

Comment by Karen – September 5, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair— Gossip Girl

Comment by Leah – September 5, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s was my first thought too! Sounds right up their alley.

Comment by Samantha – September 5, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal?

Comment by Stacy – September 5, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking at the list of returning shows, the only shows I can see doing this is Vampire Diaries or Scandal.

I can see this happening on Scandal between Olivia and the would be president.

I don’t watch VD, but I know that it is fairly racy. I suppose 90210 could be it too. But I can’t see most of the other shows that are more procedural to do this. And I can’t see Emily on Revenge letting it go that far without some consequence.

My pick is likely Scandal.

Comment by scoboot – September 5, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my guess is The Good Wife, idk about the couple though. As long as it’s not Diane… lol

Comment by Dai – September 5, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems like it might be Blair and Chuck on Gossip Girl.

Comment by Mita – September 5, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I can speak for all Castle fans when I say: there’s no way this is Castle & Beckett. Thank god.

Comment by Nora (@Nora02583) – September 5, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SERIOUSLY.

Comment by Ella – September 5, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that!

Comment by Maya – September 5, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! Kate and Rick are classier than that. Plus, they don’t need that to be hot, tbh. There’s a difference between the heat that great chemistry gives off and artificial, crude sex just to be “racy”.

Comment by @ Nora – September 5, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!!

Comment by Audrey – September 5, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Add me to this club. They don’t seem like THAT kind of couple. (although maybe it’s my prude, semi-sheltered mind that thinks that… I’m a fairly new fan of the show)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 5, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife!

Comment by Sarabi – September 5, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Caskett was just the answer to a blind item in May.

Comment by Jim – September 5, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is the main reason I don’t think it’s Caskett.

Comment by alieh86 – September 5, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think The Vampire Diaries. “Screaming for a splash of cold water” and “take a stab” all point to it, in my opinion.

Comment by Anonymous – September 5, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s disgusting.

Comment by Kay bee – September 5, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle??

Comment by missy – September 5, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, definitely not.

Comment by Allie – September 5, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank God it won’t be Castle. I;m leaning towards Good Wife

Comment by Symce (Netherlands) – September 5, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as much as I wish it could be an Addisam scene, I guess it will be The Vampire Diaries or The Good Wife

Comment by LilAngel – September 5, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t it always Gossip Girl that have to do things like this because shocks is all they can provide. That show is so bad

Comment by hello – September 5, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going to say castle, they’re filming an episode in the hamptons so it fits the timeline, plus its got to be a tv show which is on later at night, castle is on at 10pm so can get away with more.

Comment by laura – September 5, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This, for a couple of reasons.

For this sort of scene on a broadcast network, it’s nearly a dead-certainty that it’s going to be a 10:00 show to avoid problems with the FCC. The “safe harbor” for broadcast networks to transmit “indecent” material begins at 10 pm (Google “FCC v. Pacifica” or find “safe harbor” on wikipedia.) After Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl halftime show, broadcast networks aren’t looking to deal with the FCC more than they have to. In practice, broadcast networks usually restrict themselves after 10 even when they don’t have to, to avoid possible headaches with advertisers supporting the show. But my point is that, after 10 pm, the bar is lower.

In addition, as Laura says, “Castle” is filming a Hamptons beach episode that will air during the timeline. An ice cream parlor scene seems like it would fit that particular episode.

One last factor that makes it a good guess: fans of the show have reason to believe from past episodes that Beckett may have an … adventurous (read “kinky”) side to her.

If it isn’t “Castle,” then “Private Practice” is a distinct possibility. If Shonda can give you “ghost sex” on Grey’s, a naughty ice cream parlor scene isn’t unthinkable for PP.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment by Malachi – September 5, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YEP! I totally agree. :D

Comment by Klover – September 5, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On IMDB it has a pic of The Big Bang Theory with the story.

Comment by Sheldon – September 5, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TBBT is a comedy. This blind item is about a drama show.

Comment by Daira D. (@daira_d) – September 5, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And let’s think on that anyway… Which one of our lovely nerds would do that? And I mean actually do that, not just talk about it.

Comment by Cassie – September 5, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries

Comment by Nicole – September 5, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perhaps Shonda thought of a way to get Owen and Cristina back together on GA?

Comment by Jarrod – September 5, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it, but even if she did, I think it’s less likely that there’d be a scene with Cristina in a dress in an ice cream parlor!

Comment by kjess – September 5, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • american horror story!

Comment by Fatma – September 5, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I think it’s Adam Levine and Jenna. They are called “The Lovers”.

Comment by Anthony Hopkins – September 10, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Animal Practice?

Comment by mike – September 5, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I snickered at this one.

Comment by CC – September 5, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife comes to mind. But I wouldn’t rule out Gossip Girl ( Chuck / Blair ). It would surprise me if it was any other show. I hope on The Good Wife ( Kalinda / Cary or Kalinda / Nick )

Comment by ingmarhappy – September 5, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an European (Spanish) I have never understood the tightening rules in American prime-time TV. Even if it is not recommended, cursing is never beep in Spanish TV and nudity is quite usual in prime-time. What is wrong with nudity and sex, anyway? It’s better to watch CSI’s dead bodies, I guess.

Comment by Eneko – September 5, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoa, finally, another spaniard around here! Anyway, even if I agree some cursing/nudity/etc isn’t bad, I kinda understand how US viewers can be more “sensitive” to that kind of stuff – especially since they’ve been like that forever. And even if I’m tempted to, I’m not gonna go into religion/ideology discussions regarding the subject, despite the fact that they play a big role as well.

Comment by Delirious – September 5, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, forgot to say… The described scene, without overanalyzing it or “(mis)understanding” what really happens, isn’t more than some (serious) insinuation, if you ask me. If they actually showed what’s implied, yeah, sure, but only judging by what Ausiello describes, we don’t know if he actually “reaches” there, or if it’s just some fooling around, as in “you thought I was going THERE, but I’m actually childish, and prefer to stick my finger in your sundae”, to which she responds “oh, yeah? joke’s on you, I’m eating it anyway, I’m happy with my own culinary satisfactions”… Or something. Dunno, without watching the actual scene, I’m not sure we can actually go on and judge if it’s “gross” or “ew-y” like people are saying, or it’s just innuendo after innuendo after innuendo, all inside a playful wrapping…

Comment by Delirious – September 5, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ew is all I can say. That’s gross, not racy.

Comment by SportySpice – September 5, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. That’s why I’m hoping it’s not on one of my shows (which is quite a few, mainly crime procedurals as far as dramas are concerned). Sounds like something on most of the CW shows, though. Although the only thing I used to watch on that network was “Smallville” so I’m just basing this on promos I’ve seen.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – September 5, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s Anatomy. Drs. Jackson Avery and Rachel Keppner (omg this would feel 100x raunchier with these two since she’s newly “unvirginated”. sssssssssssizzzzzle!

Comment by Hannah – September 5, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s April Kepner.

Comment by Daira D. (@daira_d) – September 5, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a good guess and Grey’s has pushed the envelope in the past with oral sex scenes. I’m actually thinking this is pretty possible. My first thought was the Good Wife or Gossip Girl.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 5, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So on EW it the SOA writer said there was a racy sex scene in episode 5, which would make it October. I know people say this blind item is about a broadcast network but how do we know the writer isn’t considering FX a broadcast network?

Comment by cas – September 5, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because a columnist on a site dedicated to TV would know the difference between a cable network and a broadcast network.

Comment by Meg – September 5, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t you think the boss would only okay this during the 10pm hour? That would narrow it down to…

Comment by Chris – September 5, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking TVD, probably Caroline and Tyler. They are the ones that would fit best from there. I Definately agree that it won’t be a fox show.

Comment by Becca – September 5, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come to think of it, that scene woulda been perfect with Kalinda’s sexually wild ways… only she’d be the one doing the deed rather than receiving it.

Comment by Hannah – September 5, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are people saying Chuck and Blair? Their sx scenes weren’t as racy as Serena’s. The only thing was piano sx, which wasn’t even racy. Now that Serena is back on drugs, it’s probably her. IF it’s GG.

Comment by bart – September 5, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post