Fall TV Preview

Fresh Bones Photos Tease Brennan's Return to Work — Plus, New Cast Pics?

Bones fans may not have to look at Brennan’s blonde on-the-lam tresses for too long, based on these episodic photos from the Season 8 premiere (airing Sept. 17, on Fox).

Because at the tail end of this rather chronological series of scene shots from the first new hour, you will see Brennan back at work, in her usual utilitarian attire, at the Jeffersonian. (And while she remains a blonde here, I am told that she’s back to her regular color before you know it.)

VIDEO | Exclusive: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch It Now!

Also, piggybacking on this batch of new episodics are the cast photos — groups and singles — Fox has released for the coming season of Bones. (And look at how carefully I structured that previous sentence.)

Tags:

Comments (35)

• CAN. NOT.WAIT!!! COME ON SEPTEMBER 17TH :-)

Comment by Carmen – September 4, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait

Comment by Nick – September 4, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did they recycle again (i.e. last season)?

Comment by Sarah – September 4, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, they did.

Comment by JJ – September 4, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Last year was totally understandable, but this year…ridiculous and unprofessional. JMPO

Comment by Sarah – September 4, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for Castle to start SO EXITEDDDDD

Comment by JDB – September 4, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • funny

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 4, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Castle fans…keeping it klassy. Typically so.

Comment by Truthiness – September 6, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arent most of them season 6/7 photos?

Comment by rachel – September 4, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst wig ever! Did the budget not have enough for a proper fit and to look natural or is it supposed to be a wig?

Comment by Colleen Scott – September 4, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She looks like Piz from Veronica Mars.

Comment by Pepper – September 4, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This just made my night! God I couldn’t stand him either lol

Comment by Tiera – September 4, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh, her blonde wig is AWFUL! I hope they drop it soon! But these images make me sooo excited for the show to start!

Comment by Lisa – September 4, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s the best wig they could get for her?!? It looks so bad! BUT I’m so excited for a full season of Bones!

Comment by Megan – September 4, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you really think Temperance would care about the quality of a dye job/wig? She wouldn’t, so why should the production place unnecessary value on making Emily Deschanel look like someone Temperance Brennan isn’t?

Comment by Meg – September 4, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think she would care about the quality of it so that she looks natural. People would take notice of a woman who looks like Fred from Scooby-Doo.

Comment by Pepper – September 4, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In terms of the character, she might not have wanted to dye her hair for fear of confusing Christine. So she may just have grabbed some random wig to wear to meet up with Booth and the folks at The Jeffersonian, therefore she wouldn’t have cared about how good it looked.

Comment by zaza – September 5, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s a baby we’re talking about. She could be snatched and she wouldn’t realize.

Comment by Pepper – September 5, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Blonde wig on Temperance -_- however,in other news I’m SO excited for Bones to come back on!! I’m quite addicted. :-)

Comment by Lala Bryant – September 4, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol !

Comment by Mia – September 4, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so amusing. But every show does that. They go out with a bang such as “How is she gonna return? Are they gonna survive? Is he really dead?” And then in the premiere, they solve this big, dark, complicated problem before the opening credits.

Comment by Pepper – September 4, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The a lot of stuff will remain unresolved…Pelants still going to be out there, B&B have issyes to work through, and things will have to settle…it isn’t near over yet just because Brennan is back

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 4, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re a beautiful cast–like actual, physical beauty. With the exception of Tamara, the women look very healthy and naturally great (Tamara’s gorgeous too, I just think she’s too skinny) and the men are all handsome in their own way.
    And, you know, they’re fantastic actors. <3 this show forever

Comment by Lena – September 4, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tamara Taylor’s acting makes me cringe. All she ever does is opens her eyes really wide and say “ooookay” to whatever Hodgins says or does.

Comment by Pepper – September 4, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I could fool the FBI by strolling into government buildings with a new hair color.

Comment by Butt monkey – September 4, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The FBI isn’t going to be watching the Jeffersonian for her, it’s off hours, and you know the Jeffersonian is loyal to her above all else…not hard to imagine her getting in

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 4, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually don’t mind the blonde! I hope she dyes it back ASAP but it’s ok!

Comment by jjmm – September 4, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad Fox couldn’t spring for some new cast photos rather than yet again recycling season 6 photos… Still very excited for season 8. Let’s hope the plots are more exciting than that horrible blonde wig.

Comment by Linda – September 4, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, Booth is feeding Christine! …and B&B are lying together on the floor! *ovaries exploding everywhere*
    I’ve been watching this show since I was a teen, and honestly, it looks like it’s gonna be the best season premiere in years!

Comment by Alex – September 4, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn it, couldn’t we have some new photos?? These are from two or three years ago!!

Comment by Liz – September 5, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is bones coming to the uk

Comment by carolyne thomson – September 5, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S3:E3 “Death in the Saddle” just think, Booth & Brennan finally get their role play scene!! I saw a promo pic of Brennan in the Jeffersonian lab w/blonde “wig” so she probably needs the disguise to help catch the evil tech genius Pelant. (just sayin’) c’mon everyone…sign on the dotted line for season nine… I’ll confess~I’m addicted!

Comment by Debbie England – September 5, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLEEE CANT WAIT

Comment by Ethan – September 6, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That wig is baaad. More than it needed to be. Probably the same people picked it out, as made the decision to put out a photoshoot from two years ago, again this year. They must think the fans are stupid not to notice it’s the same (hint studio –it has to do with bangs). When Emily was pregnant last year, it might have been understandable, but this year when she’s not, it’s not.

I just hope this year’s shows aren’t as bad as that wig. Though last year’s show got close at times. So I really hope this show ups it’s quality from last year. But we’ll see. I’m certainly less hopeful than I was this time last year at premiere time, but S7 really tempered my enthusiasm. But with Emily no longer pregnant, and Hart back full-time (and who knew that would be a good thing?) it may help. I hope so, but eight years is a long time, and shows just run out of steam…so who knows?

Comment by jonstewart4president – September 6, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show is great who cares about her wig people she had to disguise herself people r such critics. The premiere was great I just hope they get that pellant guy he is such a creep

Comment by Julianne nowak – September 20, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post