Fresh Bones Photos Tease Brennan's Return to Work -- Plus, New Cast Pics?

Bones fans may not have to look at Brennan’s blonde on-the-lam tresses for too long, based on these episodic photos from the Season 8 premiere (airing Sept. 17, on Fox).

Because at the tail end of this rather chronological series of scene shots from the first new hour, you will see Brennan back at work, in her usual utilitarian attire, at the Jeffersonian. (And while she remains a blonde here, I am told that she’s back to her regular color before you know it.)

VIDEO | Exclusive: Bones Gets a New Opening Title Sequence — Watch It Now!

Also, piggybacking on this batch of new episodics are the cast photos — groups and singles — Fox has released for the coming season of Bones. (And look at how carefully I structured that previous sentence.)

1. Carmen says:

CAN. NOT.WAIT!!! COME ON SEPTEMBER 17TH :-)

2. Nick says:

Can’t wait

3. Sarah says:

Did they recycle again (i.e. last season)?

4. JDB says:

Cannot wait for Castle to start SO EXITEDDDDD

5. rachel says:

Arent most of them season 6/7 photos?

6. Worst wig ever! Did the budget not have enough for a proper fit and to look natural or is it supposed to be a wig?

7. Lisa says:

Oh my gosh, her blonde wig is AWFUL! I hope they drop it soon! But these images make me sooo excited for the show to start!

8. Megan says:

That’s the best wig they could get for her?!? It looks so bad! BUT I’m so excited for a full season of Bones!

• Meg says:

Do you really think Temperance would care about the quality of a dye job/wig? She wouldn’t, so why should the production place unnecessary value on making Emily Deschanel look like someone Temperance Brennan isn’t?

• Pepper says:

I think she would care about the quality of it so that she looks natural. People would take notice of a woman who looks like Fred from Scooby-Doo.

• zaza says:

In terms of the character, she might not have wanted to dye her hair for fear of confusing Christine. So she may just have grabbed some random wig to wear to meet up with Booth and the folks at The Jeffersonian, therefore she wouldn’t have cared about how good it looked.

9. Lala Bryant says:

That Blonde wig on Temperance -_- however,in other news I’m SO excited for Bones to come back on!! I’m quite addicted. :-)

10. Pepper says:

It’s so amusing. But every show does that. They go out with a bang such as “How is she gonna return? Are they gonna survive? Is he really dead?” And then in the premiere, they solve this big, dark, complicated problem before the opening credits.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

The a lot of stuff will remain unresolved…Pelants still going to be out there, B&B have issyes to work through, and things will have to settle…it isn’t near over yet just because Brennan is back

11. Lena says:

They’re a beautiful cast–like actual, physical beauty. With the exception of Tamara, the women look very healthy and naturally great (Tamara’s gorgeous too, I just think she’s too skinny) and the men are all handsome in their own way.
    And, you know, they’re fantastic actors.
    <3 this show forever

• Pepper says:

Tamara Taylor’s acting makes me cringe. All she ever does is opens her eyes really wide and say “ooookay” to whatever Hodgins says or does.

12. Butt monkey says:

I wish I could fool the FBI by strolling into government buildings with a new hair color.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

The FBI isn’t going to be watching the Jeffersonian for her, it’s off hours, and you know the Jeffersonian is loyal to her above all else…not hard to imagine her getting in

13. jjmm says:

I actually don’t mind the blonde! I hope she dyes it back ASAP but it’s ok!

14. Linda says:

Too bad Fox couldn’t spring for some new cast photos rather than yet again recycling season 6 photos… Still very excited for season 8. Let’s hope the plots are more exciting than that horrible blonde wig.

15. Alex says:

Aw, Booth is feeding Christine! …and B&B are lying together on the floor! *ovaries exploding everywhere*
    I’ve been watching this show since I was a teen, and honestly, it looks like it’s gonna be the best season premiere in years!

16. Liz says:

Darn it, couldn’t we have some new photos?? These are from two or three years ago!!

17. carolyne thomson says:

When is bones coming to the uk

18. Debbie England says:

S3:E3 “Death in the Saddle” just think, Booth & Brennan finally get their role play scene!! I saw a promo pic of Brennan in the Jeffersonian lab w/blonde “wig” so she probably needs the disguise to help catch the evil tech genius Pelant. (just sayin’) c’mon everyone…sign on the dotted line for season nine… I’ll confess~I’m addicted!

19. Ethan says:

CASTLEEE CANT WAIT

• jonstewart4president says:

That wig is baaad. More than it needed to be. Probably the same people picked it out, as made the decision to put out a photoshoot from two years ago, again this year. They must think the fans are stupid not to notice it’s the same (hint studio –it has to do with bangs). When Emily was pregnant last year, it might have been understandable, but this year when she’s not, it’s not.

I just hope this year’s shows aren’t as bad as that wig. Though last year’s show got close at times. So I really hope this show ups it’s quality from last year. But we’ll see. I’m certainly less hopeful than I was this time last year at premiere time, but S7 really tempered my enthusiasm. But with Emily no longer pregnant, and Hart back full-time (and who knew that would be a good thing?) it may help. I hope so, but eight years is a long time, and shows just run out of steam…so who knows?

20. Julianne nowak says:

I think the show is great who cares about her wig people she had to disguise herself people r such critics. The premiere was great I just hope they get that pellant guy he is such a creep