Lying Game Season 2 Premiere Date Revealed? Plus: The First Six Episode Titles

The dawn of the new year will bring the new season of The Lying Game, Alloy Entertainment, which produces the series with Warner Horizon, announced on Friday.

Although ABC Family maintained to TVLine that a date has not yet been set, Alloy said that Season 2 of the switching, swapping twins tale — which for so long was tagged for a vague “winter” return — will kick off Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, marking a nearly 10-month hiatus for the drama. (HollywoodLife.com first picked up on the stealthy premiere date reveal. UPDATE: Alloy’s announcement has since been taken down.)

RELATED | Lying Game Season 2: Charisma Carpenter’s Mystery Mom Is Out for ‘Revenge’ — But Why?

Alloy also disclosed the titles for the first six episodes, as follows:

“The Revengers” (which jibes with what Charisma Carpenter told us about Season 2; see link above)

“Cheat, Play, Love” (a literary riff that flies right over the head of the young ABCF viewer)

“Advantage Sutton” (I sense a… tennis motif?)

“A Kiss Before Lying” (not to be confused with the Smallville headline I once wrote, “A Kiss Before Flying” — gold, I tell ya. Granted, the Clois smooch ended up getting scrapped, but…. Wait, why are we rehashing that dark moment?!)

“Much Ado About Everything” (can’t ever go wrong with the Bard, kids)

“Catch Her in the Lie” (another literary nod! Raise your hand if you remember Sunny the prostitute!)

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on The Lying Game Season 2 and More!

Can you wait another four months — if Alloy, which produces The Lying Game, has it right, that is — to catch up with Sutton, Emma, Rebecca et al?

Comments (40)

• I kind of figured this wouldn’t be back until January. No big deal. In fact, the show started to lose me during its first season, so I’m curious to see how they’re going to “WOW” viewers in January.

Comment by RainDance – September 1, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • really I love this show, I though it had so much to offer, its not everyday you see a show about twins. It’s something different from reality tv and i love it.. :)

Comment by Jazzabell – November 17, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the 10 month hiatus doesn’t hurt this series too much. One of my favorite shows on ABCF.

Comment by Jared – September 1, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I really hope ABC Family’s long hiatus doesn’t hurt it, because I’d like to see this continue on as a long as PLL has and possibly grow to be as successful.

Comment by iMember – September 1, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I was a fan of the show I would be worried about the long hiatus. Other ABC Family shows with long hiatuses haven’t faired well. Kyle XY and Make It or Break It, two of my favorite shows, were both cancelled after debuting after 10+ month hiatuses.

Comment by Kyle – September 3, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, we’ve waited too long for the return. ABC Family executives, please return this series and come on…let’s have more than 6 episodes. Let’s get it movin and you’d have great success.

Comment by Linda – October 14, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really excited for the show to come back. The season finale cliffhanger was a ball drop! I’m going to assume that The Lying Game will be airing alongside Pretty Little Liars when it returns in January for Season 3B as well, which will be great! I look forward to Season 2 and what the writers have planned, because they’ve certainly had a long time to plan out this season. Good and entertaining show!

Comment by iMember – September 1, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just because it doesn’t come back until January, doesn’t mean they necessarily had any more time to write it/plan it out. It’s just as likely the season has already been shot or at least is almost complete.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – September 2, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss this show. Too long a hiatus, hope they promote the second season

Comment by portiaslegacy – September 1, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This hiatus is way too long, and the show is still developing a fan base. They need to promote it like crazy, and pair it with Pretty Little Liars. This show is just as good as PLL in my opinion, and the writers answer questions quicker which I love.

Comment by Brandy (@Realme2011) – September 1, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think it would be coming back, so I’m glad it is! Can’t wait!! I hope there’s some good Emma and Thayer scenes!!

Comment by Lauren – September 1, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As in you’re feeling me!!!!!i think that Thayer and Emma hooking up would be so like sooooo coooool and plus hot!

Comment by ruthaloo4 – October 6, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so ready for this show to come back! It was such a good companion show to Pretty Little Liars!

Comment by tvaddict – September 1, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may be the first time in history that HollywoodLife.com has gotten something correct.

Comment by JC – September 1, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Woops! I take that back. HollywoodLife.com has apparently removed that article from its site.

Comment by JC – September 1, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars & The Lying Games best line up ever along side the new huge abc sunday line up Once Upon A Time, Revenge, & 666 Park Ave.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – September 1, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish there was a “like” button ;)

Comment by Hillarie – September 28, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That hiatus was too long, but I am glad that it is coming back! I love this show!

Comment by ladyluck527 – September 1, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would think they would start back on January 7th or 8th. Not too many networks start a new season of a show on a holiday

Comment by Ram510 – September 1, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess Abcfamily is not against it. They scheduled the premier of Switched At Birth on Labor Day.

Comment by Jenny – September 2, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for season 2! I hope that it does air on Tuesday nights so I can watch new episodes when they premiere. Last season, Being Human aired at the same time as the Lying Game- which was tough for me, since I love both shows!

Comment by Susy – September 2, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know how many episodes have been ordered 8 or 10? Can’t find any information anywhere.

Comment by Brandy (@Realme2011) – September 3, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 10 episodes have been ordered! 100% positive.

Comment by C – September 3, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t start watching it until the season was 2 episodes from over so I caught up on all of them on the internet. I cant wait till it is back.

Comment by Kat Miller – September 10, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy TLG. Its one of my favorites!! Greek was really good to but ended so I hope this one doesn’t end to soon..

Comment by Girl from a small town – September 20, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show, almost as much as PLL. Cant stand the wait but I would love even more to see Emma with Thayer! Let Sutton have Eathan ;)

Comment by Hillarie – September 28, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished watching season 1 and I love the show. I can’t believe how addictive the show was! Can’t wait until Season 2!

I turn to shows like this because they are written well to be able to focus on the story line and forget about the day to day issues of life. This is the kind of shows that make me turn on the TV not the reality crap. Great Stuff, Thanks

Comment by Gail – September 28, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its bad to constantly push back a shiw that long,because those who are fans may say goodbye ..after waiting so long..i would teally rethink your premier date please…

Comment by cindi – September 30, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show to death I cant wait to see season 2 y is it taking so long it better be as good as season 1 ♡

Comment by Rebecca Hawkins – October 14, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After waiting so long, there should definitely be MORE than 6 episodes. Come on, is the network trying to set the series up to fail? Quit jerking the fans around and give us what we what! …… We wanna watch more of the Lying Game ;)

Comment by Melissa – October 19, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If ABC family is smart they will start listening to its viewers. We’ve lost a lot of good shows on this network because of their stupidity. If we lose another one i will probably boycott the network at this point.

Comment by Phoenix – October 28, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for it to be back! I was soo caught up in it and then it disappeared :C

Comment by Casey – November 3, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got tired of waiting and read the books but they are quite different than the series but really good. The book series isn’t done either so once again I’m waiting……. cant wait for the show to come back love it.

Comment by katrina – November 7, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I can’t wait for this show to come back! People are crazy the first season was very interesting to me!

Comment by Kristen – November 10, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh crap!! I love the show and just watched the last one, but I’m in the UK so does this thread mean I’m getting hiped up for january for seaoson 2 when ill probs be waiting longer here??!!!???!!! :-0

Comment by kate – November 19, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anyone know when series 2 shows in the UK ?

Comment by lynda – November 21, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely LOOOVVE TLG. A few tips: promote it like crazy (its so amazing but not many people know about it). Secondly, speed up release dates. Thirdly, renew the show for much more episodes…The writers and actors ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB. THE NETWORK SHOULD WORK HARDER TO PUBLICISE THE SHOW. THE ACTORS AND PRODUCERS ARE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN. TAKE SOME TIPS FROM THE CW NETWORK!

Comment by Wendy – December 17, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • porfavor saquen mas de 10 capitulos para la segunda temporada

Comment by Jhoana – December 17, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the lying game show, please do not cancel!

Comment by mary – April 11, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there, I found your blog via Google at the same time as looking for a related topic, your web site got here up, it seems to be good.
    I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, just become alert to your weblog through Google, and located that it is truly informative. I’m going to
    watch out for brussels. I will be grateful for those who
    proceed this in future. A lot of people might be
    benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Comment by videos x – May 17, 2013 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post