Is a Bad Alliance Forming? Who's Reliving Early 'Chair'? Was Clint's Shtick a Miss? And More Qs!

True BloodWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including True Blood, White Collar, Gossip Girl and The Good Wife!

1 | Really, General Hospital? It only took you 22 years to fix the Duke recast/Gregory Beecroft mess? We welcome Ian Buchanan back, for sure, but good luck explaining how and why Jonathan Paget snowed Anna back in the day.

2 | Can True Blood, moving forward, give us more of the Lafayette we saw in the finale (his running commentary during Maurella’s birthing bonanza was priceless) and less of the possessed demon we were stuck with for most of the season? Also, Sam shifting from fly to human while inside Rosalyn — best True Blood death ever?

RELATED | True Blood Season Finale Post Mortem: Alan Ball Answers Burning Questions, Previews Season 6

3 | Was the final scene of this week’s Hell on Wheels enough to put you off pork products for quite a while?

4 | Did the way Mike was holding his gun at the end of Breaking Bad make you think, just for a minute, that he’d finished the work that Walt had started? Also, that knowing glance Skyler and Jesse exchanged — do you think it foreshadowed some sort of secret partnership to take down Walt?

5 | Do you kinda wish The Newsroom had saved Jim and Maggie’s first kiss for a time when she wasn’t going to go running back to Don?

Bachelor Pad6 | Everyone knows Bachelor Pad is Ground Zero for idiocy, but wasn’t it delicious watching its residents self-destruct during a simple spelling-bee challenge  presided over by a panel of aghast schoolkids?

7 | Isn’t it a pity that Sabrina Bryan, the “Viewer’s Choice” contestant on Dancing With the Stars, won’t get to reprise her chemistry with Mark Ballas? No disrespect to the former pair’s respective current partners — Louis van Amstel and Bristol Palin — but Sabrina-Mark is the only possible team from that quartet that would stand an actual shot at mirrorball glory.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars: Who’s Most Likely to Win the All-Star Season? Check Out Our Odds!

8 | White Collar‘s photo shoot scene: The most hilarious thing the show has ever done?

Covert Affairs Richard Coyle Piper Perabo9 | We repeat: Can we please, please keep Simon on Covert Affairs

10 | How did Pretty Little Liars‘ Mona get out of the psych ward?! Is it really as easy as putting on a nurse’s outfit? Lax security, much?

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Post Mortem: Is [Spoiler] Really a Member of Team ‘A’? Series Boss Reveals All!

11 | Is this FX’s real American Horror Story?

12 | Damages is going to resolve the “Did Patty try to have Ellen killed?” mystery by the Sept. 12 series finale, right?

13 | Wouldn’t it be nice if — just once — So You Think You Can Dance‘s Nigel Lythgoe gave the “It’s America’s favorite dancer” schtick a rest during his critique of sweet-but-overmatched animator Cyrus? And speaking of Cyrus, could it have been any more obvious that Mandy Moore basically choreographed his and Melanie’s routine to mask/mute his weaknesses as a dancer?

VIDEO | Gossip Girl‘s Final Season Trailer Foreshadows Happy Ending For Chuck and Blair

Gossip Girl Leighton Meester Ed Westwick14 | Who else tuned in to Style’s Gossip Girl repeats this Wednesday strictly to catch the start of Chuck and Blair’s love story? And did Season 1′s Thanksgiving episode make you sad about what’s become of Rufus and Lily?

15 | Is this the best thing to happen to New Jersey since they put an IKEA off exit 13A?

16 | The Good Wife is no stranger to pushing the envelope with sex scenes, but oh my, were you a tiny bit taken aback by how steamy/scandalous this promo is?

PHOTOS | Good Wife: Alicia Meets Kalinda’s Hubby and [Spoiler] Gets in Trouble With the Law!

17 | What say you, Awkward fans: Should Jenna pick Jake, Matty, or pull a Kelly Taylor and choose herself? And who knew that Jenna’s parents could break our hearts like that?

Project Runway18 | Melissa’s dress on Project Runway was definitely a showstopper, but nary a comment on the puckering and side boob, judges? And to borrow a line from Mommie Dearest: “Why can’t Dmitry…get the RESPECT…that he’s…ENTITLED TO?!?!”

19 | Why do the surgical masks on Grey’s Anatomy fit so much better than the ones on Saving Hope? Does ABC have a budget to have theirs custom-tailored?

20 | Someone remind us: Did Victor Maitland’s righthand man Zack survive the original Beverly Hills Cop? Because Jonathan Banks is now free for the prospective follow-up TV series

21 | Did Clint Eastwood’s Republican convention shtick with the empty chair read better on paper? Because in practice… oof.

Comments (49)

• 8) YES on White Collar. So, so hilariously awkward.

Comment by Emily – August 31, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elizabeth’s helpful hints just cracked me up!

Comment by Bella – August 31, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My husband and I looked it each other and said, “Best storyline EVER!”

Comment by Amy – August 31, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG. I just realized that White Collar is the ONLY show I watch out of this entire article. And yes this ep was epic!

Comment by Templar – September 1, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Aimee – August 31, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 19) I know Grey’s has their scrubs custom tailored to the cast, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they did the masks too.

Comment by wordsmith – August 31, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. There’s no way scrubs can fit that well. They would be impossible to get off. Hospital issue scrubs are normally as flattering as a burlap sac.

Comment by Alice – September 2, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2) Yes – give us more of bitchy, “we’re all screwed, but who cares, let’s get drunk” Lafayette.

8) The White Collar photo shoot was easily the most awkward/hilarious thing they have ever done on the show. Though actually, the conversation where the guys were nervously pitching the idea to the ladies was pretty priceless too.

Comment by wordsmith – August 31, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone remind me how Mike was holding the gun? I must have missed that subtlety

Comment by Ashley – August 31, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was holding it in his right hand pointing at his stomach (where the gunshot wound was). I am pretty sure he was just relaxing his hand and that’s how it fell.

Comment by rachelleet – August 31, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White collar is always the best on tv!!! The staged photo scene was hysterical!! Elizabeth’s help was priceless!! Neal’s emabarassed look while taking pictures then the Neal grin were also perfection!!!!
    If you ever see the out take reel – you will see why the chemistry is sooooo awesome!!!!
    Hopefully white collar goes on for years like NCIS!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lyla – August 31, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well considering over the last month I have watched the entire series on Netflix from the beginning through to this one, I would have to agree that this episode had some pricelessly funny moments. I esp. loved Neal’s reactions while he was taking the photos, as well as the initial pitch to the girls. Peter’s facial expressions durin the shoot were hilarious, too.

Comment by Melanie – September 1, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 21) Exactly. That’s precisely how I would describe it. I’m sure it sounded better in his head.

Comment by TV Gord – August 31, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously keep Simon on Covert Affairs!!!!!!!

Comment by susie – August 31, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’ve got to love season 1 of Gossip Girl! And early Chair scenes are the best

Comment by Danielle – August 31, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who isn’t reliving Chuck and Blair on the Styl Network? Best story on GG ever

Comment by Willa – August 31, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with you, I totally turned Style on to see CB on Thursday. God, that show used to be so good. I haven’t watched in 2 seasons, but I’ll be tuning in this year for its last just to make sure CB end up together. :D

Comment by Jessica – August 31, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s been a mess, but I would imagine it would be a wonderful trainwreck to watch if you watched it all at once.

Comment by O'Brien – August 31, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please more of that Lafayette, please!
    Also, a Skylar/Jesse collaboration would be the BEST, and I was hoping for that exact thing for the past couple of episodes

Comment by Karen – August 31, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto and ditto

Comment by Melanie – September 1, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4) Exactly, Jessie & Skyler could be a formidable duo
    16) Yes that promo was fantastic! I’m even more excited for season four than I was before.

Comment by BH – August 31, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 11) YES. We Community fans will be lucky to get a full season of the show, while Charlie gets 90 episodes? Tragedy.

17) #TeamMatty

Comment by Erin – August 31, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2.More Lafayette & Bill.
    4.I think way Mike was holding his gun may of made it look like Mike shot himself but that was the only bullet wound so it has to be where Walter shot him.

Having Jessie & Skylar team up to take Walter down would be a nice twist, I don’t even think Walter would see that one coming.

21. After the Half Time in America Super Bowl Add and the Clint’s performance at the RNC Convention maybe he is endorsing Obama.lol

Comment by Whatever – August 31, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 2.More Lafayette & LESS Bill.

Comment by Whatever – August 31, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #14 – Totally! Victor/Victrola was the best episode of GG in my opinion. I can watch it over and over. Love Chair!!! So glad Style network has the reruns.

Comment by JR – August 31, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon has to stay !!!

Comment by agnes – August 31, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eastwood’s performance was funny and it was a nice little breather from all the other speeches the entire week.

Comment by Ann – August 31, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap on a cracker Clint Eastwood wasn’t REALLY trying to help Romney …
    What a hot mess.

Comment by Lisa – August 31, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Mike was holding a cell phone at the end of Breaking Bad.

Comment by Megan – August 31, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will now have to go and watch White Collar. I missed it this week and while normally I would have made up for that by watching it immediately “On Demand” the following day, I wasn’t all that exited this time to be honest. Looked like another totally serious episode from the previews. I am glad they are bringing the humor back. IMHO it seems to have been missing this season so far with all the still serious mistrust issues remaining between Peter and Neal. Its been hampering my enjoyment of the show. JMHO again.

Comment by Linda – August 31, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The latest White Collar episode had elements of seriousness but it was still a good episode. Mozzie provided most of the humor especially during his scene with Peter. And the photo shoot with Sara, Peter, Elizabeth, and Neil was very funny.

Comment by Mary – August 31, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As much as I love the humorous banter between Neal & Peter, I find that Mozzie’s lines are the ones that crack me up the most. He has become one of my favorite characters currently on TV.

Comment by Deena – September 2, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that episode because I love Chuck and Blair, I love to relive their history!!. And I’m sure that Rufus and Lily will end up together in the sixth season, so I’m not worried!!.

Comment by Sarah – August 31, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9.) Simon definitely grew on me this week, but I’m totally an Annie/Ayel shipper. Too bad that’d never work…

13.) I do wish Nigel would lay off. However, that means Mandy Moore is actually doing her job. A choreographer should choreograph to a dancer’s stregnths and weaknesses….Cyrys just happens to have more weaknesses than your average SYTYCD dancer…haha.

Comment by ktbanks – August 31, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 13. ::sigh:: I’m kind of over all of this Cyrus hate. I’ve never voted for him and I don’t think he belongs in the top 6 but it’s not his fault he’s still there. He isn’t voting himself onto the show. He’s never been near the bottom and Nigel prates on and on about him being a Favorite dancer because he has nothing else to say. They can’t slam him on his technique too badly because they would look like hypocritical idiots when they put him on the show in the first place KNOWING he had almost no technique. It’s America’s fault for voting for him. Not his, not Nigel’s and certainly not Mandy Moore who was doing the same thing that every choreographer does for every contestant and playing to Cyrus’ strengths. It’s not her fault he just doesn’t have as many stregnths as other dancers.
    l
    18. YES! The first thing I said when that walked down the runway was HOLY sideboob, Batman! I thought she’d be in the bottom for almost exposing her model. that thing looked like it was held together with wishes and tears… and boob tape. Dimitry should call the cops because he is being robbed. Every week he has perfectly crafted, beautiful and tailored clothes and the judges NEVER give him… the respect…. that he…. DESERVES! He doesn’t even have to resort to the same tricks over and over like He Who Destroys Women’s Self Esteem or Christoper……also, NO WIRE HANGERS!

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 31, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly don’t know how Damages will be able to wrap up everything in only two episodes. I mean there are
    - the conclusion of the McClaren case (and we have to see the trial we had a glimpse of in a flashforward right?)
    - everything about Patty’s family (and that’s a lot of storyline)
    - everything about the guy who tried to murder Ellen and of course the main flash forward of the season.
    - something that everybody seems to have forgotten but the question of “who killed Naomi Walling?”
    - the conclusion of the show

Perhaps the series finale will last 4 hours…

Comment by Nicolas – August 31, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9 | We repeat: Can we please, please keep Simon on Covert Affairs?
    Heck YES!!! They have hinted at an Auggie/Annie connection and I hope by now they have seen the error of their ways. Annie and Simon are super hot together!

The man is 82 y.o. and he did not have a script or use a teleprompter. It was completely ad libbed. Give him a break. I’ve always seen Dirty Harry as a badass, antitypical hero. My opinion didn’t change when he endorsed the President’s work with GM and it hasn’t changed now.

Comment by Ana – August 31, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t know we were supposed to wonder if Patty really tried to have Ellen killed. If she didn’t order the hit, then why didn’t she protest when she got the call from uncle Pete saying “it’s done”?

Comment by thiagofls – August 31, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5. It makes me so sad.
    11. Totally. I agree 100%.
    19. I never noticed that, but you’re right. The SH ones are terrible. I don’t know about Grey’s though, I don’t watch that.

Comment by nick1372 – August 31, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 21. F YEAH. F OBAMA. GO MITT! AND RYAN AND RUBIO. F HW. :)

Comment by Brando – August 31, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that’s the most adorable chair picture!

Comment by bobbie – August 31, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a question mr. Magic man: have you got any spoilers concerning McGee on NCIS, like did he survive? Does his grandmother, sister, father make an appearance in the season. Anything, please, please, please, please, please

Comment by az – August 31, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5 – sort of, yes, but ultimately no. i needed SOME kind of pay-off for their season-long flirtations and denials. i still hold out hope, but had they not kissed i may have depressedly (is that even a word?) given up on them which would ultimately be very very sad and troubling.

Comment by cjeffery7 – August 31, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 17) I want Jake and Matty to pick their friendship over Jenna, and both dump/not let her choose between them.

Comment by Russ – August 31, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy that sabrina got voted in, honestly she should have been first on the original list and yes, she should have been partnered with mark and Louis, who supported bristol should be her partner– that would make far more interesting tv.

Comment by Jake – August 31, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL TO THE YEAH FOR CHUCK & BLAIR!!! GG’s HEART & SOUL AND OTP!! 1.07 VICTOR/VICTROLA-The Genesis of CHAIR EPICNESS & CB PHENOMENON! Thrilled that Style Ch. Is Rebroadcasting The Series In Its Entirety & CANNOT WAIT 4 GG’s Finish Line to commence on Oct. 8!!! BRING ON OUR CHAIR WEDDING + CHAIRYTALE 4 LIFE!!!

Comment by Leigh – August 31, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair is love. Episode 1:07 solidified the heart of GG.

Comment by Just me – September 3, 2012 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Kim Delaney on Army Wives?

Comment by Amy G. – September 4, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW. Clint Eastwood REALLY lost my respect. And I’ve been an avid fan all my life. Cute idea, but I despise bashing candidates. It’s expected that the presidential candidates hold animosity toward each other. It’s a shame when the candidates resort to getting their hands dirty, and speaks to their personality, which is sad enough. But for a world renound actor/director who set the bar for actors of our generation as an icon…to see him publicly attempt to degrade the current Commander in Chief?! Wow. I would have expected more from him. I’m sure it could have been a funny and inoffensive, yet effective tactic, but Mr. Eastwood stooped too low. I will never look at him the same, nor watch any movie that he acts in, directs, produces, or has anything to do with. I’m boycotting Clint Eastwood.

Comment by Meghan – September 10, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post