Fall TV Preview

The Office Exclusive: Cousin Mose to Pay Dwight a Visit on 'The Farm'

The Office MoseIt’s official: Cousin Mose is heading to The Farm.

TVLine has learned exclusively that current Parks and Recreation showrunner — and former Office EP — Mike Schur is set to reprise his role as Dwight’s oddball kin in the departing NBC comedy’s upcoming Schrute-centric episode/planted spin-off, “The Farm.”

No word yet on how Mose will figure into the half-hour, but in a recent interview with TVLine, Schur joked that he’s praying the Farm pilot revolves around Mose’s funeral. “That would be the best case scenario, I think,” he laughed. “If Mose was in a horrible tractor accident, and he was chopped up into little pieces so that there was no way he could come back… I’d be really psyched.”

RELATED | The Office to End This Season, Show’s Boss Promises ‘All Questions Will Be Answered’

Schur was quick to note that his apathy towards Mose stems from one simple fact: “I don’t know how to act!” he exclaimed. “[Former Office showrunner/current Farm helmer] Paul Lieberstein is mostly the driving force behind keeping Mose alive because he loves torturing me. There was one time where I had a whole real scene with Jim and Pam — it was the night they stayed at the Schrute B&B — and I served them breakfast and had like six lines… and I was completely unprofessional because I’m not a good actor and just laughed every time.”

RELATED | The Office: We’ve Picked Our 25 Favorite Dunder Mifflin Moments — What Are Yours?

As previously reported, the Dwight-heavy installment of The Office — airing later this fall — will introduce a handful of his relatives, including sister Fannie (played by Majandra Delfino), brother Jeb (Thomas Middleditch) and cousin Zeke (Matt Jones).

Comments (11)

• This spin-off is STILL happening? Holy crap. I hope it bombs so hard.

Comment by Ood on the Loo (@BetaRayBob) – August 30, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would you hope it bombs? I’m hoping it’ll be excellent. Now if it turns out that it sucks, then I’ll have no interest in seeing it picked up as a series, but hoping a show bombs before a single scene is shot strikes me as strangely spiteful.

Comment by onemovieeachday – August 30, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whats the big deal, it sounds like everyone is hoping that this show fails, instead of hoping that its GREAT and will be a must watch comedy…but i guess people would rather with bad luck on a series :(

Comment by James – August 30, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping it’s going to be great as The Office can be. We already have too many unfunny comedies. It won’t be 30 weekly minutes of Dwight but an ensemble show instead. Plus I’m loving the cast. And Mike Schur may not be an actor but Mose is always hilarious. He should be on as many episodes as possible.

Comment by Lili – August 30, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward of seeing Mose..he and Dwight r funny

Comment by Adam – August 30, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be heartbroken if Mose is killed off. Mose can always be counted on to be hilarious and is easily one of the funniest character from The Office. Even if he just shows up for a minute in every episode, that will be more then enough for me!

Comment by Matt – August 30, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessssssssssssss! I love Mose!

Comment by CJ – August 30, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The part I find funniest is that Mose is Regis Philbin’s son-in-law.

Comment by Steve – August 31, 2012 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think when this episode/pilot airs, we all get together to show Schur how much we love Mose…and get #mose tranding on twitter that night!

Comment by Michael – August 31, 2012 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mose reminds me of the Larry, Darry and Darryl characters on Newhart. You just smile when they come in.

Comment by Snsetblaze – August 31, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would anyone not want to see this? It has a character named Zeke! Played by Badger!

Comment by Zach – September 13, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post