MTV Cancels Jersey Shore, Season 6 Show's Last

Get More: Cancellations, News

Jersey Shore CancelledGym. Tan. Look for a job.

MTV has announced that Jersey Shore‘s upcoming sixth season (debuting Oct. 4) will be its last.

The network will air an hour-long retrospective, followed by an interview with the cast, as a lead-in to this year’s MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday, Sept. 6.

RELATED | Dumpster Dive: Snooki’s Fetus Contemplates the Premiere of MTV’s Snooki & JWOWW

Prior to the look back, which begins at 6 pm and features a sneak peek at the upcoming season, MTV will show a marathon of noteworthy episodes.

If you just can’t handle this Situation, slap on a fresh coat of Chapstick and take a deep breath. The series was the highest-rated in the network’s history, and although it lost some vodka-fueled steam in the last few outings, its Season 5 averaged 8 million viewers. Bottom line: MTV will likely fist pump out some more spin-offs (a la Snooki & JWOWW and The Pauly D Project) in the future.

Tags: ,

Comments (87)

• Well I thought it was entertaining lol haters :p

Comment by chelsie – September 5, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know what’s really sad all u haters on a website about jersey shore hatin you are all just jelous!

Comment by Stephanie – September 5, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jersey shore is beast

Comment by Bob – September 6, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very entertaining show and it is scripted but it reflects how the majority of sluts act in real life. I dont see where all of you point out that its immature when u are all immature for paying attention to its existence lol. Jealousy shore on the comment board.

There are soooo many snookie and Jwoww wanna bees on this comment board. The show made me laugh and that was good enough and it made alot of money.

Comment by john legenzioni – September 7, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :’( love js!

Comment by ashley – September 11, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im really gonna miss jerseyshore i looked forward to watching it every week it was very interesting to me you never knew what was gonna happen next i hope they start arring something similar ;-)

Comment by Julia Phillips – September 11, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love jersey shore so sad it’s ending :(!!!

Comment by Alexis – September 11, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boooooo!!!!! I’m gonna miss this show!!!!

Comment by Jada – September 11, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sad that Jersey shore is going off I’m very particular about what I watch I’m a middle aged father. Jersey shore is one of the best shows I’ve seen. You never know what the meatballs will do I love the cast and you can’t replace them. All I can say to the cast is thank you I’ll miss you guys and I’ll never forget the brolationship

Comment by jay – September 12, 2012 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Sweet Jesus! Could you just end it now!

Comment by AJ – September 13, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where are you all from that hate it so much
    Cause everyone in jersey loves jersey shore

Comment by Gianna – September 24, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shut the hell up all you people doggin the show are prob grown ass people who of couse are gonna have something negative to say .. Everyone has there own opinion but seriously grow up the cast are average people do you really think if you went to jersey shore your not going to get drunk and act a fool … Your gonna hate on them because they got famous from it? So what let them have there shine while they have it. Whats the problem its setting a bad example? But its ok to show all these 14 & 15 yr old kids watching mtv its ok to get pregnant !!!!! Because no matter what everything works out? Come on bro

Comment by Alyssa – September 28, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are you guys complaning about the show for I liked cause it gave me something to watch when there wasn’t anything on TV! If you didn’t like the show then why are on here complaining for some of you say that they didn’t watch it but yet your on here complaining about it!! Really ITS JUST A SHOW! plz don’t use Christ or God in your comments that’s really disrespectful! Oh yea one more thing hope everyone is stocking on supplies for the end if the world its coming two more months

Comment by Samantha – October 1, 2012 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol @ calling us haters cuz we don’t like the show anymore and that its time to end it already. I wouldn’t mind JS money though…lucky mofos making all that bank for acting like stupid kids.

Comment by vice350z – October 14, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if they would just take The KarTrashians off the air what a wonderful world this would be!!!!

Comment by Ana – November 5, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post