Fall TV Preview

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Newsroom Actress Moves to Bluebell as George's New Crush

Hart of Dixie Kelen ColemanGeorge Tucker is setting his sights on someone not named Zoe Hart.

TVLine has learned exclusively that The Newsroom actress Kelen Coleman has booked a recurring role in Hart of Dixie‘s upcoming second season.

She joins the CW charmer as Presley, a pretty but tomboyish beer distributor who, while at the Rammer Jammer, catches the eye of the newly single George (played by Scott Porter).

RELATED | Fall Preview Headquarters — Video, Photos, Schedules & More!

As we previously reported, Mircea Monroe will also put a kink in Zoe’s Season 2 love life, reprising her role as Wade’s still-adoring ex-wife Tancy.

Coleman — who Office fans likely remember as Dwight’s fling, Isabel, at Jim and Pam’s wedding — recently scored a lead role in TV Land’s comedy pilot Brothers-in-Law.

Hart of Dixie‘s sophomore run begins Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8/7c.

Comments (18)

• Fantastic, she’s one of the best things about The Newsroom and I can’t wait to see how she does on Heart of Dixie, I’d love for her to have her own show next fall.

Comment by Liam Tait – August 29, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I LOVE her on The Newsroom. She’s a great actress.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – August 29, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whooo! Congratulations to my bestie! Much love xoxo

Comment by It's-a me Mario! – August 29, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see her having a bright future

Comment by ggny – August 29, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her on The Office!

Comment by Loni – August 29, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her, and cant wait fr Hart of Dixie to finally return!

Comment by Lily – August 29, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE this! Zoe and George have had chemistry and been waiting for a chance to be together since the first episode. We finally got a taste of them in New Orleans and got to see how perfect they would be together if he weren’t with Lemon. George has dumped Lemon so he should be with Zoey! I don’t understand or like this plotline! And I hate Zoey with Wade! Wade is cute but he’s not too bright, he’s immature and he doesn’t want to do anything with his life. Remember Zoe and George talking about how they want to travel and see the gorillas? Wade is the guy you sleep with NOT the guy you stay with! And for someone like Zoey – Wade will bore her to tears.The ratings last year were so-so so there is no guarantee we’ll have a season three so why can’t they give us Zoe and George now?

Comment by Caro – August 29, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because most people realize that George is a BORING character.

Comment by CJ – August 29, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • George is wonderful to look at, but personality-wise, he’s like a potato. Bland. Needs some flavour added to him. Something. Wade’s a far more interesting character.

Comment by Summer – August 29, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t even think he’s that handsome…. I get the feeling that IRL he’s kinda a douche, lol

Comment by Danielle H – August 30, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ita

Comment by Brandy – August 30, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caro – I wish George and Zoey would give us a break by traveling/seeing the gorilas because honestly I am sick of both of them – that would help the rating after all they were the reason why the rating fell in the first place.

Comment by FAITH – September 23, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Given her status on The Newsroom, I would imagine that she’s not staying forever. I don’t like it (fervent Zoe/George shipper here!), but I can survive it. Both Wade and George should explore their options outside of Zoe, IMO.

Comment by Michelle – August 30, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I think Zoe should too. I don’t count the vet, especially since he slept with her “friend’ first.

Comment by tp – August 30, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems as if they are trying to make George a little less boring this season. Well, we will see how it is going to work. George is the least interesting character out of the whole cast to me. But maybe I am just so caught up in my love for Wade that I can’t think straight.

Comment by Jen – August 30, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Hart of Dixie..cant wait for it to return.

Comment by Jared – August 30, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she takes George out Bluebell. He’s so boring after the season finale that I really don’t like him anymore. Actually, I always prefered Wade, but now, I know that Wade is much much much better for Zoe!

Comment by Anna – September 4, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post