Fall TV Preview

Glee Video Sneak Peeks: Rachel Gets Dissed and Meets the New (Nude!) Guy in Her Life

School’s almost back in session, Glee fans, and here’s your first homework assignment. Watch these two new video sneak peeks and then hit the comments with your thoughts about how the Fox hit’s upcoming season — which bows Thursday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c — will play out.

In the first clip, NYADA dance diva Cassandra July (played by Kate Hudson) takes a befuddled David Schwimmer Rachel to task for her “pathetic” pique turns and her “stuck-up little attitude.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Glee Exec Promises New Romance for Finn, Touts a Not-That-Innocent Rachel

In the second, many familiar faces — including Lea Michele, Darren Criss and Kevin McHale — preview what’s on tap for Season 4. (Rachel’s meet-nude with Brody, played by Terra Nova‘s Dean Geyer, is a standout.) You’ll also hear from new cast members Melissa Benoist (as wide-eyed Marley Rose), Jacob Artist (Puck’s half-brother Jake) and Becca Tobin (Cheerio Kitty). McHale sums the newbies up well: “They’re beautiful, they’re talented and they’re hot.”

RELATED | Glee Hot Shots: Check Out the Season 4 Cast Portraits! Plus, New Directions Picks Its Star

Watch both, then make your opinions known!

Comments (146)

• So happy to see Cory in a promo for the show. :) The new guy for Rachel seems like a walking cliche. I am pretty disappointed they went a new love interest root with Rachel because it diminishes that final scene between Finn and Rachel. He let her go to pursue her dreams I wouldn’t have expected she move on so quickly….maybe I will move on from the show.

Comment by Pat – August 29, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think she gets involved so quickly as you are assuming. There are going to be a couple episodes before the big “break-up” people have been talking about. It certainly is not going to be in this episode. And you know what they say about “happy endings” -it wouldn’t be happy if there isn’t alittle drama in the middle. My suggestions is cool your jets and watch to see how it all unfolds.

Comment by Carly – August 29, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really hope so. I always wanted an independent and driven Rachel but that final scene sold me. Very well performed by Lea and Cory. At this point I want better acting than any nude guy. Btw seen that since seasson 1 with almost every boy in New Direction. I think it would be same old same if Rachel gets in a relationship. What I want to see is the creative and hard working artist in Broadway and some comedy too. But If any future scene will be as good or better than the final scene of seasson 3 with Cory and Lea Bring it!

Comment by may – August 30, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I guess you missed the whole part about Kate Hudson the school dance teacher? Seems they are touching on Rachel’s school life as well as new friends.

Comment by sure – August 30, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I thought I was clear but it looks like I wasnt. Let me quote myself: “What I want to see is the creative and hard working artist in Broadway and some comedy too. But If any future scene will be as good or better than the final scene of seasson 3 with Cory and Lea. Bring it!” . I´m happy for Rachel and Cassandra

Comment by may – August 30, 2012 01:23 PM PDT
          • But Rachel isn’t going to B-way just yet she is going to school. Where it seems she will be pushed to be the best she can be once she does get to B-way.

Comment by ok – August 30, 2012 02:23 PM PDT
    • This is exactly how I feel. I don’t need to watch another love triangle. So over it.

Comment by kate – August 29, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Finn isn’t in NY and they are broken up not much of a triangle.

Comment by Frank – August 30, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really thought they were going to have Rachel focus on school now that she is single but instead they have her changing her style and potentially dating a new boy. I would rather see her struggle in school than watch her with another boy and have another love triangle

Comment by emily – August 29, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um watch the whole video clearly she is going to be struggling in school, psst see Kath Hudson there? Why can’t see also move on and find new friends too?

Comment by we get it you want your ship – August 30, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me 2. I thought it was going to be individual stories with character building. Rachel as well as the New Directions have to start from scratch all over again. But for me after the finale scene, it will be something of a stretch to watch Rachel accept Brody willingly and to step into a relationship so quickly. I just have a feeling that it will be one sided for a while. No telling what the writers have in store for Finn and Santana. I’m just glad that Kurt will be in NY with Rachel.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Why wouldn’t Rachel move on. By the time school starts it is 3 months later. Also we don’t even no for sure if or when she will get with Brody for now all spoilers have said Rachel is still thinking Finn and Brody is interested. Nothing about Rachel quickly getting into a serious relationship. Plus how long should she wait? If you were paying attention to spoilers you would know that Finn will be in big by the 4th episodes and it seems San tan will be too.

Comment by read up – August 30, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • People all over the world are individuals and a part of a couple. Rachel can have individual stories and still be dating someone. Who says Brody will be anything more than a nice companion or a fling even. Not all dating relationships have to end up as soulmates and love ever lasting. Why are people so in a hurry to have teens be endgame?

Comment by slow down – August 30, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Season 2 Rachel pined for Finn for 6 months til the finale when they were just dating. My assessment is going by that and that the writers said they were tethered. They were kids with never any idea what life would be like if married or even how to support themselves when they were. Season 3 they had a deep bond that was cemented. Immaturity and insecurity helped them get engaged. They needed this break up or separation to grow up and experience life and chase their own aspirations. Finn doesn’t have a clue what his are.It is a good thing to separate ways and mature, enjoy life, see what and who they really are and want to be, which encludes dating other people. But as written, Rachel keeps things deep and personal to her heart, making her pine for Finn season 2 and totally envolved season 3. I just don’t see her giving up after 3 months just to date someone. I just don’t think Rachel takes or has taken her relationship with Finn that lightly. But I think it is great that she understands she is desirable that someone wants to date her and woos her. I think she will eventually agree to date but reluctantly. I think she will enjoy herself and be willing to explore the notion to let go. That is why I think that she won’t turn on an impulse to date with anyone very soon. She wants to be sure of herself. Afterall, I think she and rody will strike up a very tight friendship which can and will turn to a deeper relationship. Besides, the more people you meet and experience, the more you realize what you want in a person and how they will be in your life. Whether or not, Finchel is endgame, Finn and Rachel need to see outside of their bubble to live life and explore everything what life gives them. Then they will really know then if they belong together and will reunite. For me, they are endgame. This is Glee and we don’t know where RIB will take us on Finchel’s journey. But we will soon find out.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 05:05 PM PDT
    • Where did you Finchel shippers get you talking point from?

Comment by meh – August 30, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really. Point 1. Brody cliche Point 2. Finchel is endgame…blah, blah, blah.

Comment by pointless – August 30, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like how some are now shippers are pretending they wanted independent Rachel all of a sudden. Yeah sure you do unless Finn is in NY.

Comment by Sammi – August 30, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well her school storyline is big too. I say she will be friends with Brody and it will develop with time.

Comment by team brody – August 30, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I say she moves on, so we will get school Rachel and moving on Rachel. Plus the guy is hot, go get yourself some Rachel.

Comment by Brody, hell why not – August 30, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • exactly she needs to move on that relationship was getting to co dependent like. By the time school come around it will be 3 months plus we know she is still think of Finn so by the time anything with Brody happen it will be 4 or 5 months later. Move on girl.

Comment by Laura – August 30, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here for Rachel getting some new meat.

Comment by go Brody – August 30, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • geez let Rachel have some fun.

Comment by RB – August 30, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fact that y’all have it in your minds that he had to “let” her pursue her dreams in order for her to actually do it spells out a much-needed break up in my opinion. I’m excited to see Finn and Rachel be away from each other like this. They both need to grow up. They need to see other people for a while. He shouldn’t have had to “let” her do anything. Rachel Berry should ALWAYS be the type of girl who is going to mow over anything she has to in order for her dreams to come true. Yeah, it gets her in trouble sometimes, but it’s her motivation and her drive, and it’s really the best thing about her. It HAS been the best thing about her from the pilot. I want to see her get that back. I hated seeing her willingly putting off her dreams in order to stay in a place she didn’t want to be so that she could marry Finn. That’s not the strong, driven Rachel we know. That’s a weak Rachel, and I hated it. I ship Finchel; I totally do. I just think that this break up may be the best thing for them. They need to get their minds wrapped around the real world aspect of adulthood before they start making super adult-like decisions (example: marriage).

Comment by Britt – August 30, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN and PRAISE.

Comment by team Rachel – August 30, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • idc about rachel or the new characters., kevin you’re always so cute haha

Comment by venus – August 29, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel is the best part of the show. Newbies don’t care.

Comment by gerige – August 30, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love.Love.Love Rachel and will give the new ones a chance.

Comment by Jim – August 30, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only care about Rachel.

Comment by Kelly O – August 30, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually still tuning in because Rachel is still involved in the show.

Comment by Missy – August 30, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or does Jacob Artist look A LOT like Taylor Lautner? O.O

Comment by Stamanah – August 29, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Err.. he reminds me of Matt from Season 1… that guy who got transferred? Hey, why not bring him back?

Comment by Leo – August 30, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I believe the actor wanted to do more dance/acting jobs…so he left the show because other opportunities opened up for him.

Comment by kateshomesick – August 30, 2012 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He was in season 2 promo shoot just day before being let go actually. Guy was let go.

Comment by Matt R – August 30, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only thing similar about them is the fact that they’re black….

Comment by Nguyen – August 30, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JACOB ARTIST=HOTTTTT

Comment by Lena – August 29, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nice speaking voice

Comment by mary – August 30, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn was the one who walked away from Rachel so I can see her moving on with someone else eventually. I can’t see Finn with anyone else. I like Kate Hudson but I don’t think I am going to like her in this. It’s like she’s a younger, hotter Sue Sylvester so this feels done already. I guess we’ll see…. I only watch for Finchel so I’m not sure about this season…

Comment by Caro – August 29, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Rachel needs to move on that was part of the point of the last scene. I don’t get people who just watch for one ship.

Comment by tik – August 30, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But I think a teacher like Ms July is what Rachel needs to channel her killer instinct and drive for Broadway. It will take a major dose of determination to propel her through hard knocks, rejected auditions, harsh criticisms of her abilities,etc. Her dads put her through dance, singing and theater classes since birth just to condition her for this lifestyle. She needs this reconditioning by Ms July to get Rachel refocused on her path to STARDOM. Yea, I think she is a close copy to Sue but we don’t know yet what Ms July really thinks of Rachel’s talents. She just might see real promise.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finn didn’t “walk away” from her. He knew her dreams were bigger than anything and he let her go because he loved her and because he wanted her to succeed. There is a big difference.

Comment by Lilly – September 4, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People who watch only for Finchel depress me.

Comment by breezy – August 29, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • trust me, your not alone.

Comment by Éva – August 29, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even Finchel starts depressing me.

Comment by BigAdam – August 30, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you’re the voice of the whole fandom.

Comment by venus – August 30, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • not the whole fandom, everyone likes a couple better than another, it’s just a matter of opinions..

Comment by Lara – August 30, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • expect the fact that finchel is one of the most disliked couples lol

Comment by harrie – August 30, 2012 01:46 PM PDT
          • @ harrie, you cannot speak for another couples fandom and their numbers whether liking or disliking them. You can only speak about your opinion of said couple. I speak about my opinions that only are a personal assessment not to infringe or encompass into a predestined and assumed fact about any other couple that I choose to not ship. OK, let us all remember when voicing our feelings or opinions they are just that, our own. I don’t know who you choose to ship and why but I’m glad for you to have hat much enthusiasm for them. There are many couples I don’t care for but I don’t voice that here or other places because others like them. I’m not going to say that they(other couples outside of Finchel) are the most disliked because I don’t have facts to prove that, nor do you. Opinions vary that is all.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 05:25 PM PDT
    • People who ship depress me they all seem so obsessed.

Comment by true – August 30, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s Glee. the writers will found out crazy things, i will watch the show and think “what????” again-and-again. or i would if i don’t get every hard stuff as a spoiler but lately they leak out everything! i know i shouldn’t read spoilers but i have not self-control. please leak less and let me shocked! but still i think it’s gonna be awesome!

Comment by Éva – August 29, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They haven’t leaked much at all in comparison to other years. we only really know about Rachel cause they are trying to keep the other stuff under wraps.

Comment by no much – August 30, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • now i rethought it because of your comment and maybe you right. i just hope that doesn’t mean that Glee bacome a Oone-person-only-Rachel-Berry-show. don’t missunderstand me, i love to watch Rachel, i love to listen Rachel. but i’m first of all a Darren Criss fan, and crazy for Brittany’s and Santana’s oneliners, and love Sugar’s crazy personality, Emma’s advices, Burt’s and Kurt’s relationship, and Sue’s mini-insul-monologs. i don’t wanna miss them.

Comment by Éva – August 30, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NO they have only released her stuff because that is all we knew from the end of season 3 and they have to set up the new premise. They want to keep the other stuff a mystery as long as they can so people wonder what is happening with everyone else. It will be the same amount for Rachel she isn;t getting any more than she has ever had.

Comment by much – August 30, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read this for the articles (seriously, I don’t watch this crapfest anymore, I just read about it), but “he’s the only competition for Finn”? Are we forgetting Jesse entirely? Or is Lea just starting to have the amnesia that every character on this show seems to have?

Comment by Sam – August 30, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish I could interview Lea and and ask her that :P That part really annoyed me. Jesse was a big part of her life and now he’s being treated as if he has never existed. He’s the reason why Rachel got in! Well maybe not the only one, but he’s definitely a main one. He did more for her than Finn ever has. It’s just frustrating :/

Comment by Pall – August 30, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But Finn never competed with Jesse. He just backed off, sang one song while Jesse wasn’t even there.

So yeah no competition.

Comment by kim – August 30, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Finn never backed off. Remember the end of Hello? How Finn told Schue about Jesse? And then Laryngitis? Finn was definitely competing with Jesse.

Comment by Pall – August 30, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Please he sang one song and Jesse wasn’t even there. Once Rachel made it clear she was with Jesse he did nothing. That is nothing. Some episodes they didn’t even interact while she was with Jesse. And really in laryngitis he was a bit of a jerk to her , why couldn’t she be scared and upset about her voice for a few days.

Comment by he did nothing – August 30, 2012 04:04 PM PDT
      • She dismissed Jesse at regionals. Besides the fact that Jon is in another TV show now. Not to be on Glee. He has commitments elsewhere. Yes, Jesse spoke up for her, but may not have been the only reason why she got in. Carmen saw her performance at Regionals before Jesse spoke to her. She remembered Jesse, she would remember Rachel. He was not a big part of her life. He left her with egg on her face to win a trophy season 1. She recognized his talent and friendship season 2 prom. Jesse was a teacher speaking on her behalf. Finn was a kid would never been able to speak on her behalf and reach Carmen.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This has nothing to do with anyone’s comment. The point was Jesse was not competition for Finn cause Finn never tried to be with Rachel when she was with Jesse. Jon got another job on Boss but that had nothing to do with is he would be on a glee again or not. If he has time and it fit he said he would do glee, Lea is the one who suggested he was too busy right now.

Comment by jm – August 30, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Kate Hudson’s character isn’t going to be falling all over herself to tell everyone how amazingly talented Rachel is just like every other character in the show eventually does. So tired of all the Rachel ass-kissing. All the focus on her pathetic ass this season will sink the show. She needs to grow up but she never will because she always gets her way. I bet even Kate Hudson’s character eventually kisses her ass.

Comment by Marie – August 30, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What BS. Rachel gets kicked down nearly ever episode. She gets called out all the time and apologizes unlike most of the other characters.

Please.

Comment by htr – August 30, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Above must really dislike Rachel to say those things. That is just bunk full out bunk. She gets ridiculed and apologizes more than all the others. She has always for years been bullied and preyed upon. People really get hurt when their favorite characters are not featured as is Rachel. A prime example. We all have opinions, but not all choose to bash a character to make a point about our chosen favorites.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha what a joke Rachel is always bad mouthed by the other glee clubber. They are all bi polar one minute nice to her the next going off on her. What are you watching?

Comment by huh – August 30, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh god still? your precious fave will get a happy ending. stop harping on and resenting rachel.

Comment by bored now – August 30, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty much banking on more moments like the time when Rachel commented Rachel who was Tina as Tina. So over RIB and their Rachel stanning.

Comment by duh – August 30, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • complimented* damn auto correct.

Comment by duh – August 30, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blah, a few comments at the end doesn’t mean anything. She was bullied and insulted for years. Finn and Will are made out be the heroes. Quin over comes her crazy, illegal acts to be the bigger person person. St Kurt does no wrong, he loses but he is always the best, most moral of the bunch. They all have their good and bad, they all get praise and pushed down. So silly when people get on their faves are so mistreated or underused and pretend it is all someone’s fault. It stinks of resentment.

Comment by let it go – August 30, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited for Brody. I don’t think Finchel are right for each other so I want to see her with someone else. Rachel and Brody look good together. We’ll see if they fit personality wise.

In general I only really care about Kurt and Blaine though. Can’t wait to see what will happen with them once Kurt is off to NY.

Comment by tirpse – August 30, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEAN GEYER! The only reason why I’ll watch the show!

Comment by tamara – August 30, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not really looking forward to season 4. Would rather see Rachel struggle in school and not hook up with some guy who looks like as someone said earlier a cliche. Finn is my favorite character and I want him to have a powerful storyline that spotlights the talents of Cory Moneith. Rachel and Finn should struggle to be together but not with third party interference.

Comment by Tina – August 30, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is going to be doing both.

Comment by gtr – August 30, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If he is your favorite then you would know he is excited by his storyline and he will be back in a few episodes to get that going.

Comment by so old same old – August 30, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why can’t Finchel fans see that Rachel and Finn need to be a part to grow up some. Finn and Rachel were so needy. And stop acting like Finn isn’t getting storyline we all know he is and soon.

Comment by Jenny – August 30, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m already liking Marley and Jake (and how well does this guy speak in interviews, thumbs up for you). However I think the actor playing Brody seems a bit too arrogant and full of himself for my liking, but I give him the benefit of doubt, let’s see him in the next episodes. And I realy like the fact that we will finally see a storyline for Brittany, I’m sure that’s gonna take us to a new level of comedy.

Comment by Lara – August 30, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too bad her acting and singing are sub par though.

Comment by meh – August 30, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Dean jut seems excited to be on the show. I didn’t see arrogance.

Comment by cooldude – August 30, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Dean he seems confident not cocky to me.

Comment by Paul – August 30, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What do you mean by he speaks well (Jake)?

Comment by ShuffleBallChange – August 30, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would assume he they think he presents himself well considering he is new to the business and very young. If you see they contrast with Dean who they didn’t think spoke well for himself. I though Dean was fine actually but I am not a FInchel fan, they seem to have a problem with him already.

Comment by my thoughts – August 30, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here for Rachel having new experiences and if that means Brody, got for it girl.

Comment by Joy – August 30, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true . She is a college student now an part of that is friends and dating and of course school. Brody will be part of her social life and Kate will be her struggles with school.
      Plus getting to see Kurt/Rachel and others in a new setting is exciting and having new acting and singing partners is great too.

Comment by happy for season 4 – August 30, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so excited for this! its gonna be amazing!

Comment by Jared – August 30, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So good to here Rachel is moving on and it seems they are not rushing it to me. If she hasn’t heard from Finn why should she not go on and do what normal college kids do. Wasn’t the point of her and Finn breaking up so she could go experience things and grow up?

Comment by moving on – August 30, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still, she was going to marry the guy and only three months have passed. She surely will not jump into a new relationship before having a closure with Finn.

Comment by hmmm – August 30, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finn hasn’t spoken to her in 3 months, told her he was going in the Army cause she couldn’t follow him there, she is free, his words. He was breaking it off on their wedding day. It is ridiculous Rachel is even still wondering how much more closure does she need? Plus we don’t know yet how long it is before or if she even does she starts dating Brody.

Comment by really? – August 30, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 3 months may seem like a long time to some people. To start dating for Rachel is hard for her. Being in a committed relationship is that a commitment not to be taken lightly. She and Finn didn’t, they were just too young. Rachel in time will let go and date others. 3 months or 6 or a year to wait is subjective to the person. What Finn and Rachel went through is just like a divorce or a death-in their eyes and mine. The writers will tell their story soon enough. Let’s watch to see what happens.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine needs to go back to the Warblers and team up with that kid Blake who won the Glee Project. Then they need to stick it to Shoester by beating ND at regionals.

Comment by Rick – August 30, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Warblers never need to be seen again frankly.

Comment by Curt Mega – August 30, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But why would he even go back after what happened in Michael?

Comment by Figpf – August 31, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I don’t think he would go back to Dalton. I think he will stay at McKinley. Darren said in an interview that Blaine has a lot of cool stuff coming up so I can’t imagine him leaving now. I only watch the show for Kurt and Blaine and I am hoping that the writers will give them a good storyline. I know there will be drama and possibly a break-up but I am hoping it is only temporary. If they need this time to figure out what they want and meet other people, I’m OK with that as long as in the end they get back together. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Comment by Kay – August 31, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am all for Rachel and Brody.

Comment by Lea – August 30, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole new guy for Rachel just makes no sense in reality. That final scene between Rachel and Finn showed the viewing audience that they belong together and will eventually find their way back to each other. Sorry Brody but you are just a roadblock and a not very original one at that. I will start watching again when Cory comes back and until then I can watch Grey’s in that time slot. Also, the writers would be idiots to keep Lea and Cory away from each other acting wise. I thought forming the NY crew would consist of Lea, Cory, Chris, and Naya and that the acting would be outstanding from the best on the show. Oh well, here is to hoping they don’t waste too much of the season on Rachel/Brody and keeping those four apart.

Comment by jon – August 30, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No the whole last scene said they need to be on their own, experience new things, and grow up. If they are meant to be they will be.

Comment by fr – August 30, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He makes total sense people break up they move on. Now if only Finchel fans could move on.

Comment by kop – August 30, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Finn No Glee.

Comment by loky – August 30, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • urgh loky he is out a few episodes so just stop

Comment by bored – August 30, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What I find funny is that people in the online fandom always say no one cares about Finchel, but yet Finchel is the only couple they have promoted to the general audience. Every new commercial so far has touched on Finn and Rachel by them using old footage instead of the network using anything new between Rachel and Brody. That tells you right there that the network knows what the general audience wants. I just think the new love interest for Rachel is a stretch and I think the general audience will think the same. It just doesn’t mesh with the whole last season between Finn and Rachel and i think it will be a big turn off if they move her on quickly. Not to mention the interviews I have seen of Dean he comes off as pretty arrogant and self promoting.

Comment by Amy – August 30, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you. I don’t like Dean, it”s not even because of finchel, but because of how arrogant and self promoting like you said.

Comment by Aly – August 30, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • spoken like a trey obsessed Finchel fan. Stop hating on the guy for doing his job. Ridiculous and childish.

Comment by Ryan – August 30, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh gosh a self promoting actor what are the odds. Before long actor will be using twitter to promote tier projects. OMG how horrible. Any way what does Dean’s personality have to do with Brody anyway?

Comment by dani – August 30, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Another Finchel talking point. They have promoted Rachel more than Finchel.

Comment by Walt – August 30, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel…It’s all I care about.

Comment by Aly – August 30, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that make a bout a dozen of you. stop being so selfish and let other characters haves something

Comment by lol – August 30, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not the Finchel shippers who write the show. It’s Ryan, Brad and Ian. Go ask them to stop. lol

Comment by Yves – September 4, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about the new characters, most people seem to not like them but I’m willing to give them a chance.

I’m also excited about Rachel in NYC. And I can’t wait for Finchel to reunite, but I’m also looking forward to seeing what this being apart does for them as individuals. Season four seems great already to me.

Comment by nel – August 30, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If there were a “like” button here, I’d click it for this comment.

Comment by Marcie – August 30, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IDK, I have seen 3 seasons of Finn and Rachel figuring things out and it seemed like they were finally on the right page last season and now I read that I have to sift through another love interest once again? It just doesn’t interest me and I hate to say it but in 3 seasons of Glee I haven’t missed an episode, but this season I may have to sit out the first few because it seems like I have seen this story so many times before. Just focus on Rachel at school and her friend relationships because we all know when Finn is back in the picture she will want to be with him. So this Rachel/Brody stuff just seems like a waste of time. I read Cory was doing some films does anyone know which ep he returns? I may just start watching then.

Comment by Jason – August 30, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you serious the right page? Getting married because you are scared or don’t have a idea of what you want in life is not the right page to be on. They were to dependent on each other.
      They need to grow up some and see if they still feel.

Comment by Dan – August 30, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Dean is a friendship? Waste of time was the who engagement storyline.

Finn will be back in episode 4 and should be there the rest of the time.

Comment by Sally – August 30, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand what you meant Jason. They were finally on the same page about how they felt about each other. Now throwing another random guy into the mix makes zero sense if we are to believe last season happened. Anyways, I’ll maybe start watching a few eps in to avoid the waste of time that Brody will be.

Comment by Tina – August 30, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you mean they were both needy and thought they had nothing else so they were clinging to the idea of their HS relationship than yes they were on the same page.

People sound like babies I’m not watching until I get what I want, wahhhhhh.

Again certainly not Rachel fans or Lea fans since you aren’t there to support her or her character.

Comment by hypocrits – August 30, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with most that Rachel/Brody is a waste of time because we all know she will want FInn when he returns. Also, a third party isn’t original and kinda is insulting at this point to the viewers. What else is on at this time?

Comment by Tina – August 30, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • new guy for rachel looks boring and i won’t be surprised if this is last season of glee

Comment by who cares – August 30, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I care and could be a person who helps Rachel so yeah intersintg. We met a lot of people who have an impact in some way and help as grow as people maybe Brody is a person like that for Rachel.

Comment by joe – August 30, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ughh. What a waste of the engagement storyline and an insult into Finn and Rachel’s relationship for 3 seasons if they just make her go for someone else so shortly after. I wouldn’t even think about dating anyone else that soon after being engaged. Every season Finn and Rachel break up and date other people, can’t the writers have relationship drama without breaking couples up. Geez. Definitely tuning out!!

Comment by Dan – August 30, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The engagement storyline was a waste. People break up and move on all the time. There is not rule or timeline on how long it takes.

Comment by smithy – August 30, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think having yet another third party between Finn and Rachel is extremely lazy of the writers. I’m not sure they know how to write any of the couples to be truthful. It just seems an absolute waste of time to have this Brody to come in, to be what? yet another distraction between Finn and Rachel. And, no I’m not a ‘Finchel’ shipper per se, I don’t mind any of the couples really, I just want to see good storytelling between them as I think Cory and Lea, along with Chris and Naya, are the best actors on the show that understand their characters well. Case in point being the end of Season 3.

Comment by Dan – August 30, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a Finchel shipper but only to an extent, you guys are acting like crazy people. Need I remind you that it is just a show and that what we want doesn’t really matter, ultimately it’s what the writers want. So, take a seat. Also, Finn broke up with Rachel, so Rachel SHOULD be allowed to move on and it doesn’t make ANY sense for Finn to come back yet, so you need to all calm down. Why can’t Finchel shippers just accept the fact that they broke up and bringing a third party in, is not to make us mad, but its to add another plot line? It’s not real life you know. We already know that Finchel is endgame and I don’t understand why every single time they break up and then they bring new Suitors in for Rachel, that we always freak out. Brad Falchuk already confirmed that they will be endgame. So, I think you need to stop hating on Brody/Dean, especially Dean. He’s not Brody, so stop sending him hate and hating on him in general, it only makes you look bad.

Comment by Nicolette – August 30, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We don’t want Brody. We want Finn. We want Finchel.

Comment by Kayl – August 30, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We want Brody, we want Rachel, We don’t want Finchel.

Comment by pop – August 30, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunatly, I do not think they have learned from season 2 Fuinn, and if they drag it out too long, like they did in season 2, they will end up disappointing the viewers and they will tune out.

Comment by Kayl – August 30, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Rachel or Finn will have a new love interest, what sense does the car scene?

Comment by Siren – August 30, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, this is the biggest head shaker for me. That last scene was so incredibly powerful and most critics said it was one of the best moments on TV all year which is HUGE! Bringing someone in for Rachel totally undermines that last scene and what it meant. Like I said I will start watching when Finn reappears because that will most likely be when the real storytelling begins. I have a feeling this Brody guy is just there to take up space until the real stuff begins.

Comment by Tina – August 30, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well Finn told her he was letting her go so she could have new experiences. So Rachel is letting go and having new experiences. The part that is wrong is them redoing the breakup that is the part that sours that scene.

Comment by Henry – August 30, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, they break up with a “Love you”, they would marry so you can’t go for some random guy when 3 or 4 month ago you was so In Love for someone else.

if all the storyline of marriage never happened and Finchel would have ended differently maybe this new love interest could be more acceptable

and this new guy is so johnny bravo a tiny guy with muscles

Comment by xxx – August 31, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want my Finchel back

Comment by Siren – August 30, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should make Puck’s brother gay. I’d ship him with Blaine. I’m getting the vibe from the actor, and we need a little more gay in Glee now they’re splitting Klaine and Sebastian is not confirmed to return. MAKE HIM GAY, RIB!

Comment by ShuffleBallChange – August 30, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I see Finchel fans have bowed to their queen breathofmidnightair wishes. Go forth and and spew the Finchel talking points. Go sheep go.

Comment by so predicatable – August 30, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know baaaaaa baaaaaaa.

Comment by dwq – August 30, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this guy is is a big shirtless distraction to keep people on their toes until Finn comes back. I’m not interested in him or his story. I’m here for Finn and the Finchel story that these writers have put 3 years of work into and some pretty face isn’t about to change my mind about it. It’s obnoxiously obvious what kind of plot device he is and I just wish these writers would do more with relationships on this show rather than throw in random third parties. All he’s going to end up doing is further proving that Finn and Rachel are meant to be together and some new face isn’t going to just walk in and break that tether just like Jesse and Quinn and Santana and Puck were unable to. I guess love triangles have worked in the past, it’s just getting old.

Your bias against Finchel and Finn in general is always really obvious to see in your articles too, Ausiello. It’s getting old, too.

Comment by Lilly – August 30, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ausiello didn’t write in Brody or did he l flim the BTS stuff. Urgh tether or ball and chain.

Comment by vomit – August 30, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that tether remark makes me gag.

Comment by wrong – August 30, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn fans just want Finn with Rachel cause he gets more screen time that way.

Comment by the truth is out – August 30, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let`s see Finchel screentime vs Rachel/Brody screentime AND Rachel/Finn apart screentime AND Rachel/Finn/Brody screentime. Yeah, New Direction and Klaine and Brittanna screentime are safe

Comment by mav – August 30, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch Glee for Finn and Rachel, as individual characters and as a couple. They are why I watch Glee. Since other shippers and character stans HAVE to share their hate/dislike/disgust/disappointment/etc. about Finchel, I will share my opinion that Finn and Rachel are the draw for me for Glee. I am not excited about any other characters, including the new shiny boy toy and the newbies in the choir room. It’s amazing how such hateful shippers/stans are praised for spewing hate. Anyone/anybody/someone that wants to put my opinion down or state how my opinion makes me a sheep or less of a fan of Glee, can save it. Because I don’t reply negatively to other comments, here or on other articles/message boards, I would appreciate the same treatment in return.

Comment by Jet – August 30, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simply this…Finn and Finchel

Comment by Dee Wild – August 30, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When you have actors with the caliber of Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Naya Rivera who consistently deliver excellent performances regardless of who they are acting partner is, but more so when they get to act together, why would you not take advantage of that talent? Ryan said part of their problem last year was that they had too many people in the choir room and they needed to pare down the cast. Not only have they not done that, they have a split the narrative. My concern is that they may not be able to do justice to either narrative or characters as a result. I will watch and see. As far as Finn and Rachel, I root for them to be together just as they writer’s intended, but also recognize that they need to mature. I will wait and see, but will always root for scenes between the fab 4.

Comment by Cory Monteith Fan – August 30, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you! I’ve stated here that opinions vary. That is what they are-Opinions. Our own ideas about the show, its course, its cast, its characters, its mission, its intent. NONE of us knows what the writers-Ryan, Ian, Brad have in store for this season. We are all making assumptions from certain spoilers. Every season before the writers have spoken of spoilers and their intent on how that season would go. Well, it sometimes went a different course. I think we ALL have the right to express our opinions and concerns but to discredit certain ones because we have a difference of opinion is like censorship. I just gives me heartburn to think that someone would discredit my commment because they disagree to the point of name calling is poor sportsmanship. This is like a game of football. As the game is played, each team has certain calls, some work and some don’t. Some players get more playing time but they produce the most yardage and points for their team. So, the coach keeps going to them and they still produce points. So why do they continue to go to that player? They are play makers. Now the other team may get disgruntled because team 1′s offense stays on the field more. Well, team2 shouldn’t complain for losing to team 1 because they cannot keep up with team 1s talent, drive, ability, excellent play calls. I’m also a Finchel fan, love everything about them. But I m excited for their character growths as individuals for season 4. For I want my favorite couple to be adults when they reunite. That way they enjoy life and appreciate it for they acknowledge their ownselves and one another to be complete whole in tuned to life and its riches. They will have shucked their insecurites and not be dependent on one another for guidance and fulfillment. They will have reach and met all the obstacles they have faced and be better people for it. I think it is going to be a really great season. And I think they will become really sound and mature adults before they search each other out like a beacon in the night. It will be fun to watch. I’m going to be positive and give the show a chance. And so I will give any fellow poster their voice and respect it.

Comment by sm – August 30, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly wish Glee would just give it’s current actors more of a chance to show their strenghts. I really don’t much care for Rachel having any new love interests when she could continue to grow as a single strong willed woman learning the ropes at NYADA while sometimes revisiting her story with Finn. I thing they shoudl give the actors they already have which deliver strong wonderful performances their chance in the spotlight we don’t need any more extras taking up screentime.

Comment by mt – August 30, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But she is they are showing her in school too. And for now Brody is a friend showing her the ropes. I want her to be a strong woman too but even strong women date. I don’t see why we think Brody will be her soul mate.

Comment by dwq – August 30, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have given some of them 3 years and some still aren’t very strong actors. It isn’t by chance that their stronger actors will be feature more still.

Comment by LM – August 30, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love these promos!! I can’t wait for Season 4

Comment by j – August 30, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Rachel and Brody have a fling she deserve some fun and to see what else is out there.

Comment by al – August 30, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of this really annoys me because I thought the NY crew was going to consist of Rachel, Finn, Kurt, and Santana and now we have a new character that I couldn’t care about if you paid me because all he will be is a passing fling if anything happens between him and Rachel. Also, I root for Finn and Rachel too but have also never minded them dating other people over the last 3 seasons,but really after that train scene either of them moving on makes zero sense and cheapens that scene. I will start watching when the NY crew is fully assembled and the new shirtless guy takes a hike.

Comment by Holly – August 31, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a Finn or Rachel fan, But introducing a character by making a guy walk around shirtless or naked is the most unsubtle way of endearing a (cross-section of a) fanbase to a character. It’s cheap, pretty much. And they’ve already intro’d Finn and Sam that way.

Comment by msLopezDLG – August 31, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t
    mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before
    writing. I have had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out.
    I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any recommendations or tips? Kudos!

Comment by internet billion dollars – October 28, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post