White Collar Hot Shots: Alex Returns for a Heist -- Will She Steal Neal's Heart Too?

Neal’s fence pal Alex (guest star Gloria Votsis) returns to USA Network’s White Collar on Sept. 4, and we’ve got a sneak peek of the reunion, which finds the law breakers pinching some priceless artifacts.

RELATED | White Collar Taps CSI: Miami’s Emily Procter as Peter and Neal’s New Boss

While Peter may not be happy with their scheme — or perhaps they’re helping him with a case? — Neal is pleasantly nostalgic when he sees his old friend.

“There’s a great line where Alex says, ‘Could we have ever just been two people who like each other?'” star Matt Bomer previously told TVLine. “And then they start talking about a mistrust that happened and the whole trust game that is the pervasive theme all throughout White Collar. She says, ‘This is Neal and Alex. A romanticized, idyllic version – this whole, Are you going to turn on me? Are you going to stay? Are you going to go? That’s Neal and Alex.’ That is their relationship.”

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts. There is something Green Arrow-ish about Bomer in the background of the second photo, yes?

1. Aria says:

Yes! Finally, Alex is back! Hopefully. For more than just one episode.

• Mal says:

Looked like a different actress to me, different speech pattern, style, class and all. Am I the only one who sees this change?

2. laura says:

YAY!!!! Alex is back!

3. Hannah says:

LOL no. Neal’s heart belongs to Sara. Misleading promotional material is the worst. Alex can leave.

• Dee says:

Sorry but no. While Hilarie Burton is a lovely actress, her and Neal share zero chemistry.

• Hannah says:

In your opinion maybe, but in my opinion, Neal has more chemistry with Satchmo than he’s ever had with Alex’s useless character.

• Dee says:

Of course it’s my opinion and that of many others. :-)
          I wouldn’t say Alex’s character was useless though. She shares history with Neal and Neal is at his best when he is allowed to skirt the line between “good” Neal and “naughty” Neal.
          Did I mention “that” kiss at the end of “Under the Radar” 2×16….woahhhhhhhh!!!

• Hannah says:

That Neal and Sara have chemistry and amazing relationship is also the opinion of many others. I personally prefer a good Neal, as do many other people. The mistrust is a part of the show I’ve never liked. And I could go on and on about the make out session in 2×15 Power Play and the genuine understanding and non sexual based scenes Neal and Sara have had, but alas. We’ll agree to disagree. :)

• Dee says:

Ooopsss…don’t know why it won’t let me reply to your last post but my reply is below. :-)

4. Dee says:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
    Please let her become a season regular!!!!
    Whether they are together or not, Neal and Alex share white hot chemistry together! Can’t wait!!

5. meah says:

So Stoked she’s baaack..gloria we have missed u so much..am sure its gonna be a fun/great episode..#teamalex

6. A says:

Love Alex and Neal. This is the Neal I love! Naughty criminal mastemind! Not the neutered domesticated version I’ve been seeing lately!

• Dee says:

Totally agree! And does anyone else think that for all Neal has done the other characters are treating him like it’s the first season? What’s with the writers getting certain characters to treat Neal badly. I thought they had moved past all that and there were multiple friendships growing. Writers need to do better!!

• irena says:

I sometimes feel like the made him into a weak pushover, with no goals of his own that don’t include being Peter’s lapdog.
        And hurray for Alex being back. As most people I can’t stand Burton

7. meah says:

The same way some people feel there is chemistry between neal/sara,dats the same way I think there is chemistry btwn neal/alex.chemistry is subjective..so u saying they don’t have chemistry is bullsh*t.say u don’t feel it,don’t say its not there,cos it is.

8. Dee says:

Agree to disagree. :-)
    I just don’t think you’ll have a show if Neal is always good. I don’t want him back to being a criminal either but the will he or won’t he helps to make the show exciting and move on.
    In any scenario Neal’s best relationship will always be with Peter but the writers are killing that for me this season. Ahh!

9. July says:

She is so beautiful! I love her!She needs become regular

10. Rachel says:

Love Neil/Alex. Hate Neil/Sara. Opinion stated.

11. Samantha says:

Alex is so much fun! I am glad she is back and I hope they bring her again next season. Neal and Alex have had great moments in the past.

12. Mary says:

Yes finally! Waited so long to see her again with Neal.

13. CJ says:

Ahhhhh… love Alex. She and Neal have admitted they’re not long-term mates for each other, but they do spark when they’re together

14. Julie says:

YAY! Happy she’s returning.

Wish she’d come back as a series regular. Have her be the Catwoman to his Batman!

15. Ella says:

Eh, don’t hate Alex but definitely don’t love her as much as I love Sara. Neal/Sara have amazing chemistry and are awesome, fullstop. Nothing else since has compared.

16. Shaun says:

Maybe he should revisit Laura Vandervoorts character XD

• Dee says:

Not a bad idea. Probably the nearest best to Alex for chemistry with Neal. But Alex (the awesome Gloria Votsis) is still my favourite. :-)

17. Mike says:

Unfortunately that looks like the FBI municipal utilities van in one of those pictures.

18. Lucy says:

So excited to see Alex/Gloria back, but disappointed she’s only in 1 episode this season. Would like to see a lot more of her on the show – 3 or 4 episodes a season AT LEAST would be much better.

19. Keenan says:

The longer HaliBurton stays away the better.

20. KC says:

UGH, not Alex. Though the title for the episode seems appropriate, Neal and Alex are Ancient History, only wish she’d stay buried and gone.

21. MJ says:

I remember the first scene where Neal and Sara made out in a library or somewhere with a lot of books and it was smoking hot. Plenty of chemistry. I think a character like Alex’s would not stay around long anyway. She is always going to be on the next score so it makes sense to me that you would not see her often. If her character was around all the time as a series regular then I think that would be changing the character of Alex to someone she is not.

• db says:

I agree totally with MJ. I happen to love Neal and Sare together. She brings out the best in him. The library scene was smoking hot as well as many others from season 3. I love the banter between them.

• Patty says:

I agree! I really liked that Sara seemed like a nice girl who really liked Neal. She didn’t take his crap, and I really loved it when she said that she coudn’t live from money that she didn´t earn. It was what Neal needed. I think that Alex is more fun than Sara, but she shoudn´t stay long, it would keep it fresh.

22. MGL says:

Love her and love them together. Please no more Sara! Bring back Alex and her criminal escapades. She is so much more fun. And they do have chemistry!

23. HOPE says:

In my opinion Alex and Neal have the BEST chemistry of all the women he has been paired up with. I would love to see Gloria be in a few episodes per season. I enjoy the fun that the character of Alex brings. She and Neal have much more that can be told from their past, as was eluded to in Season 1. She is someone who can outsmart him at times as we saw from Out of the Box..The character who has run it’s course is Sara Ellis..always needing a way to force her into the story and the chemistry was just not there with HB and MB. I wouldn’t mind seeing Sophie back either. You could develop a lot more into that story too.
    SO GLAD TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE EPISODE THIS SEASON WITH ALEX/GLORIA.. Jeff, PLEASE bring her back for more episodes next season!!!!

• Zoe says:

I don’t even really care that much about the romantic chemistry between Neal and Alex (though Gloria Votsis does the best with Matt Bomer of any female guest stars), I just like the Alex character and the edge she brings to Neal, who everyone else seems to be trying to neuter.

• Dee says:

Great post! Let’s hope Jeff’s reading this!

24. Zoe says:

At last!! Alex is back!! Why did it take this long?!

25. Jeanette says:

Love Alex, why has it taken so long to have her back? Can’t wait to see the episode she is in. To be honest, I think it is time to say good bye to Sara. I am not sure why the audience should be interested in her missing sister. They have shoved her into the story from S2, enough already!! Hope Alex will be in many more episodes!!

26. Shannon says:

Ugh. I have hated Alex’s character long before Sara came along. Alex is just so….pathetic. Needy. Sara’s awesome. And Neil is always a bit unsettled around Sara, which I like. He can have Alex whenever he wants. He doesn’t want her. I think Sara is always in his head.

27. Wendy says:

Neal will never be all good or all bad. Alex brings out that playful, crafty con we all fell in love with. I do agree that the lovely Sarah has run her course, but having Alex for more than a few shows a season will lose her edge also. I enjoy the mystery of not knowing everything about every character… too hint then the imagination.

• HOPE says:

If we could just have at least a few shows with Alex. This season Sara is in 4 and Alex in 1. Why couldn’t Alex be in 3 or 4 at least? I do love the playful, crafty con too. Alex does bring that side of him out.. the Sara fans want him to be a good boy, marry Sara and live happily ever after,but that isn’t what this show started out as. I dislike the domesticating of Neal Caffery immensly.

28. Mary says:

I hope Alex is able to be in more than one episode this season.

29. skiwitch says:

Agree with several above. Love Alex. She brings out the mischief and fun in Neal and Neal would get boring without some mischief now and then. Glad to see her back.

30. cas ryan says:

omg ims o glad im not the only one who cant stand sara i find her really boring and irritating alex is much cooler and i think her and neal have better chemistry then neal and sara seriously jeff just get rid of her and make alex a regular

31. Michele says:

I like both Alex and Sara (even if I prefer Neal/Sara). Why must people be rude? -_-

32. Bob Jones says:

I like both Hilarie Burton (Yeah OTH) and Gloria Votsis; and the scene with Neal and Sara in the Library was ‘hot’.

However, Sara betrayed Neal when she discovered the location of the Nazi German Treasure (which neither Alexandra Diaddro (Kate) or Alex would have done) and I cannot get past that.

The show is on USA so they are always doing the 1 step forward and 3 steps back. Alex is better for Neal than Sara, but that would mean Neal would have to stay bad and screw Peter – on Showtime/HBO/AMC, this would happen; on USA/TNT – no dice.

33. Lexie says:

Love to have Alex back! She always bring fun to the show. Alex is such strong, smart, witty female character and does have a LOT of chemistry with Neal. Every time she’s around the show gets more interesting to watch. I do hope we can see more of her in a future, definitely she was missed in season 3

34. JBC says:

I Really Loved having ALEX back on White Collar. I really hope we can see her back in S5 and up to mischief with Neal and Mozzie. They must have some criminal friends, that may need unofficial “FBI” help. We need Alex back into the mix. Thank you Jeff Eastin! Hope you are aware of all these comments.