White Collar Hot Shots: Alex Returns for a Heist — Will She Steal Neal's Heart Too?

Neal’s fence pal Alex (guest star Gloria Votsis) returns to USA Network’s White Collar on Sept. 4, and we’ve got a sneak peek of the reunion, which finds the law breakers pinching some priceless artifacts.

RELATED | White Collar Taps CSI: Miami’s Emily Procter as Peter and Neal’s New Boss

While Peter may not be happy with their scheme — or perhaps they’re helping him with a case? — Neal is pleasantly nostalgic when he sees his old friend.

“There’s a great line where Alex says, ‘Could we have ever just been two people who like each other?’” star Matt Bomer previously told TVLine. “And then they start talking about a mistrust that happened and the whole trust game that is the pervasive theme all throughout White Collar. She says, ‘This is Neal and Alex. A romanticized, idyllic version – this whole, Are you going to turn on me? Are you going to stay? Are you going to go? That’s Neal and Alex.’ That is their relationship.”

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts. There is something Green Arrow-ish about Bomer in the background of the second photo, yes?

Comments (56)

• Yes! Finally, Alex is back! Hopefully. For more than just one episode.

Comment by Aria – August 28, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looked like a different actress to me, different speech pattern, style, class and all. Am I the only one who sees this change?

Comment by Mal – September 5, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!! Alex is back!

Comment by laura – August 28, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL no. Neal’s heart belongs to Sara. Misleading promotional material is the worst. Alex can leave.

Comment by Hannah – August 28, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry but no. While Hilarie Burton is a lovely actress, her and Neal share zero chemistry.

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In your opinion maybe, but in my opinion, Neal has more chemistry with Satchmo than he’s ever had with Alex’s useless character.

Comment by Hannah – August 28, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Of course it’s my opinion and that of many others. :-)
          I wouldn’t say Alex’s character was useless though. She shares history with Neal and Neal is at his best when he is allowed to skirt the line between “good” Neal and “naughty” Neal.
          Did I mention “that” kiss at the end of “Under the Radar” 2×16….woahhhhhhhh!!!

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That Neal and Sara have chemistry and amazing relationship is also the opinion of many others. I personally prefer a good Neal, as do many other people. The mistrust is a part of the show I’ve never liked. And I could go on and on about the make out session in 2×15 Power Play and the genuine understanding and non sexual based scenes Neal and Sara have had, but alas. We’ll agree to disagree. :)

Comment by Hannah – August 28, 2012 05:49 PM PDT
          • Ooopsss…don’t know why it won’t let me reply to your last post but my reply is below. :-)

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 05:54 PM PDT
  • Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
    Please let her become a season regular!!!!
    Whether they are together or not, Neal and Alex share white hot chemistry together! Can’t wait!!

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA! Can’t stand Sara, love Alex. I took a small poll here [17 people] and got 11 for Alex, 2 for Sara and 4 don’t care or don’t watch.

Comment by Templar – August 29, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Alex too. Her character has always been more interesting to me than Sara. Glad she’s back for an ep!

Comment by freeagent – August 29, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hope Jeff Eastin reads TV Line! :-)

Comment by Dee – August 29, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tally me up for Alex an neal

Comment by Liz – May 8, 2013 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Stoked she’s baaack..gloria we have missed u so much..am sure its gonna be a fun/great episode..#teamalex

Comment by meah – August 28, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Alex and Neal. This is the Neal I love! Naughty criminal mastemind! Not the neutered domesticated version I’ve been seeing lately!

Comment by A – August 28, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! And does anyone else think that for all Neal has done the other characters are treating him like it’s the first season? What’s with the writers getting certain characters to treat Neal badly. I thought they had moved past all that and there were multiple friendships growing. Writers need to do better!!

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sometimes feel like the made him into a weak pushover, with no goals of his own that don’t include being Peter’s lapdog.
        And hurray for Alex being back. As most people I can’t stand Burton

Comment by irena – September 4, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The same way some people feel there is chemistry between neal/sara,dats the same way I think there is chemistry btwn neal/alex.chemistry is subjective..so u saying they don’t have chemistry is bullsh*t.say u don’t feel it,don’t say its not there,cos it is.

Comment by meah – August 28, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree to disagree. :-)
    I just don’t think you’ll have a show if Neal is always good. I don’t want him back to being a criminal either but the will he or won’t he helps to make the show exciting and move on.
    In any scenario Neal’s best relationship will always be with Peter but the writers are killing that for me this season. Ahh!

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is so beautiful! I love her!She needs become regular

Comment by July – August 28, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Neil/Alex. Hate Neil/Sara. Opinion stated.

Comment by Rachel – August 28, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex is so much fun! I am glad she is back and I hope they bring her again next season. Neal and Alex have had great moments in the past.

Comment by Samantha – August 28, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes finally! Waited so long to see her again with Neal.

Comment by Mary – August 28, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhhhh… love Alex. She and Neal have admitted they’re not long-term mates for each other, but they do spark when they’re together

Comment by CJ – August 28, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Happy she’s returning.

Wish she’d come back as a series regular. Have her be the Catwoman to his Batman!

Comment by Julie – August 28, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh, don’t hate Alex but definitely don’t love her as much as I love Sara. Neal/Sara have amazing chemistry and are awesome, fullstop. Nothing else since has compared.

Comment by Ella – August 28, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I personally disagree, Ella. I find that Alex/Neal is great and Sara/Neal have no chemistry. I just don’t see anything there with those two, besides forced romance. At least Alex and Neal have a long history. I love Alex way more than Sara.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – August 28, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA. For me, Sara is as cold as Sigourney Weaver in Working Girl [Boy, I'm old]. Alex is so much more real.

Comment by Templar – August 29, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • totally agre

Comment by towanda – November 11, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe he should revisit Laura Vandervoorts character XD

Comment by Shaun – August 28, 2012 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a bad idea. Probably the nearest best to Alex for chemistry with Neal. But Alex (the awesome Gloria Votsis) is still my favourite. :-)

Comment by Dee – August 28, 2012 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately that looks like the FBI municipal utilities van in one of those pictures.

Comment by Mike – August 29, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited to see Alex/Gloria back, but disappointed she’s only in 1 episode this season. Would like to see a lot more of her on the show – 3 or 4 episodes a season AT LEAST would be much better.

Comment by Lucy – August 29, 2012 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The longer HaliBurton stays away the better.

Comment by Keenan – August 29, 2012 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH, not Alex. Though the title for the episode seems appropriate, Neal and Alex are Ancient History, only wish she’d stay buried and gone.

Comment by KC – August 29, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember the first scene where Neal and Sara made out in a library or somewhere with a lot of books and it was smoking hot. Plenty of chemistry. I think a character like Alex’s would not stay around long anyway. She is always going to be on the next score so it makes sense to me that you would not see her often. If her character was around all the time as a series regular then I think that would be changing the character of Alex to someone she is not.

Comment by MJ – August 29, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree totally with MJ. I happen to love Neal and Sare together. She brings out the best in him. The library scene was smoking hot as well as many others from season 3. I love the banter between them.

Comment by db – August 29, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I really liked that Sara seemed like a nice girl who really liked Neal. She didn’t take his crap, and I really loved it when she said that she coudn’t live from money that she didn´t earn. It was what Neal needed. I think that Alex is more fun than Sara, but she shoudn´t stay long, it would keep it fresh.

Comment by Patty – August 29, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her and love them together. Please no more Sara! Bring back Alex and her criminal escapades. She is so much more fun. And they do have chemistry!

Comment by MGL – August 29, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my opinion Alex and Neal have the BEST chemistry of all the women he has been paired up with. I would love to see Gloria be in a few episodes per season. I enjoy the fun that the character of Alex brings. She and Neal have much more that can be told from their past, as was eluded to in Season 1. She is someone who can outsmart him at times as we saw from Out of the Box..The character who has run it’s course is Sara Ellis..always needing a way to force her into the story and the chemistry was just not there with HB and MB. I wouldn’t mind seeing Sophie back either. You could develop a lot more into that story too.
    SO GLAD TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE EPISODE THIS SEASON WITH ALEX/GLORIA.. Jeff, PLEASE bring her back for more episodes next season!!!!

Comment by HOPE – August 29, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t even really care that much about the romantic chemistry between Neal and Alex (though Gloria Votsis does the best with Matt Bomer of any female guest stars), I just like the Alex character and the edge she brings to Neal, who everyone else seems to be trying to neuter.

Comment by Zoe – August 29, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great post! Let’s hope Jeff’s reading this!

Comment by Dee – August 30, 2012 02:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At last!! Alex is back!! Why did it take this long?!

Comment by Zoe – August 29, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Alex, why has it taken so long to have her back? Can’t wait to see the episode she is in. To be honest, I think it is time to say good bye to Sara. I am not sure why the audience should be interested in her missing sister. They have shoved her into the story from S2, enough already!! Hope Alex will be in many more episodes!!

Comment by Jeanette – August 29, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I have hated Alex’s character long before Sara came along. Alex is just so….pathetic. Needy. Sara’s awesome. And Neil is always a bit unsettled around Sara, which I like. He can have Alex whenever he wants. He doesn’t want her. I think Sara is always in his head.

Comment by Shannon – August 29, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal will never be all good or all bad. Alex brings out that playful, crafty con we all fell in love with. I do agree that the lovely Sarah has run her course, but having Alex for more than a few shows a season will lose her edge also. I enjoy the mystery of not knowing everything about every character… too hint then the imagination.

Comment by Wendy – August 29, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If we could just have at least a few shows with Alex. This season Sara is in 4 and Alex in 1. Why couldn’t Alex be in 3 or 4 at least? I do love the playful, crafty con too. Alex does bring that side of him out.. the Sara fans want him to be a good boy, marry Sara and live happily ever after,but that isn’t what this show started out as. I dislike the domesticating of Neal Caffery immensly.

Comment by HOPE – August 30, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Alex is able to be in more than one episode this season.

Comment by Mary – August 30, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with several above. Love Alex. She brings out the mischief and fun in Neal and Neal would get boring without some mischief now and then. Glad to see her back.

Comment by skiwitch – August 30, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg ims o glad im not the only one who cant stand sara i find her really boring and irritating alex is much cooler and i think her and neal have better chemistry then neal and sara seriously jeff just get rid of her and make alex a regular

Comment by cas ryan – August 30, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like both Alex and Sara (even if I prefer Neal/Sara). Why must people be rude? -_-

Comment by Michele – August 30, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like both Hilarie Burton (Yeah OTH) and Gloria Votsis; and the scene with Neal and Sara in the Library was ‘hot’.

However, Sara betrayed Neal when she discovered the location of the Nazi German Treasure (which neither Alexandra Diaddro (Kate) or Alex would have done) and I cannot get past that.

The show is on USA so they are always doing the 1 step forward and 3 steps back. Alex is better for Neal than Sara, but that would mean Neal would have to stay bad and screw Peter – on Showtime/HBO/AMC, this would happen; on USA/TNT – no dice.

Comment by Bob Jones – August 31, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love to have Alex back! She always bring fun to the show. Alex is such strong, smart, witty female character and does have a LOT of chemistry with Neal. Every time she’s around the show gets more interesting to watch. I do hope we can see more of her in a future, definitely she was missed in season 3

Comment by Lexie – September 1, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Really Loved having ALEX back on White Collar. I really hope we can see her back in S5 and up to mischief with Neal and Mozzie. They must have some criminal friends, that may need unofficial “FBI” help. We need Alex back into the mix. Thank you Jeff Eastin! Hope you are aware of all these comments.

Comment by JBC – February 23, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post