Steve Burton Quits General Hospital: 'I Know the Timing's Not the Best, But…. It's Time to Go'

Steve Burton Leaving General HospitalGeneral Hospital vet Steve Burton has announced his decision to vacate the role of clean-cut rich kid-turned-mob tough Jason Quartermaine Morgan, which he first inhabited back in 1991.

“[GH has] been nothing but a huge positive in my life and for my family. I have no complaints, no negative feelings at all. But it’s time to go,” the Daytime Emmy-winning actor tells TV Guide Magazine. “I’m going to take some time off and do nothing but relax, just enjoy life a little bit with my wife and kids.”

RELATED | B&B Boss Reveals His Ridge Recast Plan

Geographically, Burton and his fam are relocating to a home they just bought in Tennessee, outside of Nashville. Professionally, he won’t shut the door to putting in a GH encore at some point, but right now he is anxious to explore other opportunities as an actor and as a director. (Already, he, jack-of-all-trades/onetime GH guest James Franco and former GH boss Jill Farren Phelps are developing a novella project that Burton and Franco would star in.)

RELATED | Christel Khalil Cut from Y&R? Plus Susan Flannery’s B&B Exit Timetable

Burton admits the timing of his GH exit is “not the best in terms of [Jason's] story.” As such, he says he is willing to stay beyond his expected final tape date of Sept. 25, so a proper departure can be crafted. That would have Jason airing into late October, maybe November, he says.

RELATED | Days of Our Lives Exclusive: Deidre Hall Celebrates Her 4,000th Episode!

GH fans, how would you write Jason off of the canvas? Giving Dancing star Kelly Monaco’s need/want for a lightened schedule, might they send JaSam off into the sunset? Or could A.J. return from the dead to get his half-bro into another car wreck that restores his memory and reindeer sweaters?

Comments (327)

• omg!! Jaw just dropped :( i guess this mean the end of Jasam :(

Comment by athena606 – August 28, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They gotta replace Jason! I know that (Steve) isn’t a very easy person to replace, but without him on the show…being sonny’s inforcer..of course being half of JASAM!!!! The show will not be the same :( he’s a very important character to the show and story line…I don’t think I will watch the show anymore :-/ everyone that I was a big fan of (besides Luke) won’t be on the air!!! Sucks!!! I’ve watched gh faithfully for the past 18 years :(

Comment by sherry – September 5, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They just have to replace him, then if he decides to come back, he could. It would have to be someone who looks sooo much like him, though. We don’t want Sam w/ anyone else, and the couple needs to survive. Wouldn’t be the same. He’s perfect in this role, makes me sick.

Comment by daisydo – September 9, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know they have to recast him I love him and sam together too they’re my favorite couple on general hospital it was sonny and carly but i guess their not going to put them back together

Comment by Baby girl – September 12, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The show is definitely not going to be the same but there has to be a Jason and Sam!! I mean sams baby is also Jason’s baby, so Jason has to be there for the baby!! There is no replacing this Jason but find someone else to play the part!!

Comment by Melanie – October 3, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Show with out Jason will never be the same! if its Sonny and Jason or his wife and new son. I know at one point we all have to move on, but yes bad timing .. But I do understand wife and children do come first so I respect that. Maybe Sam will get her hubby back who ever takes over playing Jason. .. Jason is diamond in the rough, so good luck finding a replacement.

Comment by Yvette Malley – January 14, 2013 12:26 PM PDT
        • I agree, have a replacement for the ‘Jason’ character, but it must be a perfect fit so viewers will readily latch onto Steve’s replacement! Make it quick so it flows well with Steve’s departure!

I will miss Steve’s performances but will not stop watching..I have too many years invested in
          General Hospital!

BUT, Good luck to you Steve, wish you and your family the best!

An avid fan!!

Comment by M – October 7, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, I agree “the powers that be” need to replace Steve Burton’s character, Jason. The new actor will surive in the role, this void cannot be left in the show. Laura Wright had big shoes to fill as Carley & survived, Steve’s replacement will also be accepected by viewers. Lets remember this is show, not “real life”, characters played by real people, who have actual lives. In any event the role does need to be re-cast, & we the viewers need to embrace the new actor, whoever that might be. Best of luck to Steve, & the cast of General Hospital.

Comment by Yvonne – October 25, 2012 09:20 AM PDT
          • Seriously replace Jason?? after all the years he’s been playing Jason, it wouldnt work, I know for me it wouldnt. they ll keep us on our toes with someother drama. I have been watching for 40 years and always will. just as I hated it everytime they replaced carly, and the short replacement of maxi, i wanted to shut it off everytime the girl spoke it was like maxi on speed lol she did an ok job portraying her but again she has been on so long there can only be one maxi, why was she gone? was she sick? anyone know? there is and always will be only one “Jason”. i saw him in the mini series “Taken” and i was stuck to the tv for 2 days it was awesome.
            good luck jason (steve)!! go relax!! your fans will always be here!!
            what sucked for me is i had to miss 10/29-10/31 because of the umfortunate storm sandy my player records on nj which was all news thats why i am trying to watch it, my first reaction when he was shot was, no jason can’t die. hes jason..lol
            susie
            pompano beach fl

Comment by SIUSAN MCGRAW – October 31, 2012 11:43 PM PDT
          • Replace Monica, Tracy, Alexis’ daughters except Sam, Duke Lavery, Connie/Kate, Trey, Olivia, Heather
            but bring back Steve Burton.

Comment by ann – November 4, 2012 09:41 AM PDT
        • How can they ever replace Steve Burton. He is Jason. I hope they dont write him off as he is one of the only reasons I still watch GH after 20 years. Him and Sam finally getting back together and then this!!!!! I hope they find someone who looks alot like him so they can keep the story of the family he always wanted with Sam can continue. Who knows maybe Steve will come back some day.

Comment by Michelle Smith – October 31, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This cannot be true I just don’t believe it how can he leave he is the best I too do not think I can watch. Such a sad thing if it is really the truth. He should reconsider. A devoted fan from Rye.

Comment by LInda – September 9, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If he needs to leave to pursue other avenues then that is great. They should recast his part. How about Cameron Mathison. He would be great in that part

Comment by Beverly – October 31, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree totally Jason is not replaceable!!!! They need to offer Steve more money or something because it will not be the same without the real Jason!! GH may be following All my children and One Life to Live right on off the air!! I will not be able to continue to watch!! I have watched this soap all my life!!!

Comment by danny – November 6, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree totally that Jason can never be replaced i too have been watching since 1979 faithfully but Jason Steve Burton needs to do his other things he wants as fans and look at it real he has a family. Look when the Luke and Laura storyline we watched forever,the Ice Princess brought all the people your seeing now Robin,Anna,Robert Scorpio,Luke,maybe Laura????Cesar Fiason,Duke Lavery,could be a power house of many and faison why did he shoot Jason (Steve) any connections to susan moore???? as i said i have been watching along time Steve said in his interview he would stay until November finish the story line could be the fantastic ending of all these new characters along with Jason and Sonny.Think outside the box over 40 plus yrs GH fan and a awesome potrayer of that world jason)Steve played.Good Luck it will be a heart stopper.Scott.

Comment by Scott KurzKallmeyer – November 18, 2012 09:59 AM PDT
      • No one can replace jason. He is the perfect person for the job. I just hope they exit him finding out all the truths and jasam in happiness forever!

Comment by melanie – September 10, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No one can replace Jason!

Comment by dana – October 26, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Your Right No One can replace Jason Morgan Steve Burton only
            One who can play that part.They better not replace him because there
            Lot of fans that want go for that at all.

Comment by Sandi – October 28, 2012 03:01 PM PDT
          • Omg I cannot believe this smh so disappointed Jason ‘s character is a huge asset to GH I have been watching GH since I was 12 one day sick at home n have taped the shows ever since( now in my 30′s) I Fell in love with his character the show revolves around his n sonny’s character n nobody can take his place I say leave the story line where it is don’t replace him because you cant n leave it so in the future the can write him back in trying to replace him will be suicide for the show the chemistry him n sonny had can’t anyone be replaced trying would be an epic failure

Comment by jay – October 31, 2012 03:11 PM PDT
      • I so agree with you. No need to watch if there is no Jason.

Comment by NO WAY – September 14, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no one can replace steve but they have to cast some one for the part. jason is the reson i kept watching GH after my grandma passed in 2006. his part is to important as sonny’s enforcer. if it about money give him whatever he wants if not good luck steve you will be missed. take time with your family.

Comment by jasonfan – December 3, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree there is no need to watch anymore. I started watching one day when there was a mob shoot out and I fell in love with Jason. It’s disheartening to see a character that plays his roll so well have to leave. We are going from GH to OLTL. Please don’t get me wrong i like Todd and Mcbain but the story lines are gearing away from what made GH must see to what took off OLTL. Without a Jason character it wouldn’t be much to draw people to watch. Sorry Shawn, you have the instincts but not the though guy and sensitivity of Jason. And bringing back tedd king with no Jason is not worth the watch, because now the storyline is about him and Todd…Go Figure! Good luck GH I think you are about to lose your viewers. We will miss you Steve! Hope you come back soon.

Comment by All Day – January 8, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree

Comment by Jami – September 19, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It so sad to hear dat my favourit couples will no longer exsist I love sam an jason being together. Ill miss him alot. I don’t think I will be able to continue watchin gh without jason it will be sad. I think they should put someone to replace him but still there will neva be a other steve burton. His. Role really suits him. I will miss u steve. Good luck I hope someday u come back.

Comment by sexyk – October 20, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agree; at least I will have an extra hour a day now. Best of luck to SB I will watch him in whatever he moves on to do…

Comment by jany – October 22, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I second that just can’t watch anymore all the good people are leaving….Just too much.

Comment by vinnie s – October 24, 2012 11:46 AM PDT
        • Jason (Ateve Burton) is the hottest thing on daytime TV….I can’t beleive he’s going! GH and Sam will not be the same! I don’t know if I can watch without him! Had a hard time with the new Christina, Michael and Maxi.
          I think Jason leaving is why they brought the good Detecrive over to be with Sam. Not the same as Jason. Going to be difficult to watch without him!

Comment by DSisson – November 21, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t think they will because want to see he’s son one of these day
            so he has to stay out of trouble so Natalia don’t find out. He son
            Is important to him like Sam baby is to her.

Comment by Sandi – November 21, 2012 10:08 PM PDT
      • agree. but he better be a clone. almost or it won’t work however long they will want the audience to be patient.

Comment by chirsl – October 8, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree, after today, I will no longer watch this show, Heather jumping off the roof with Sam and Jason’s baby, enough is enough!

All the OLTL characters was a ‘big mistake’! That show went off the air for a reason……I cannot stomachTodd, either him or his character is so ‘canned’……that is not acting!

Comment by Lorrie – October 12, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Excuse me? One life to live casts are good actors and Todd is great character. Relax lady

Comment by Marie – October 18, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Nope!!!!!!!! wrong they all suxk especially STar…oh the faces she make…cone on that OLTL cast are all awful….

Comment by Annie – October 19, 2012 02:38 PM PDT
          • I LOVE ALL THE OLTL CHARACTERS!!! GH IS GONNA NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET NOW THAT THEY HAVE SCREWED UP AND LET JASON GO!!! IT IS ON THE WAY TO GOING OFF THE AIR ALSO JASON MAKES GH!!!! SERIOUSLY HOW DO THEY EXPECT TO RECOVER FROM JASON LEAVING….NEVER!!!

Comment by danny – November 6, 2012 07:02 AM PDT
          • I don’t Love any of the OLTL actor’s or actress I just love the General Hospital cast
            Instead of bring other show cast to the show bring back the once who were on the show before like Genie Francis or Jackie Zemon.

Comment by Sandi – November 6, 2012 07:19 AM PDT
          • You may would if you had followed OLTL I watched it along with GH you kind of have to know their background…They are good just give them time :) Star was on OLTL when she was a little bitty girl she is precious…They will grow on you… GH has bigger fish to fry so to speak they need to get Jason back some how some way!!

Comment by danny – November 6, 2012 07:33 AM PDT
          • You like them that great for you but I don’t I’ve been watching this soap fir long
            Time see them come & go try and get Steve Burton back & Genie Francis also
            The other cast member who were on bring back Dr Robin Scorpio Drake too.

Comment by Sandi – November 6, 2012 07:26 AM PDT
          • Yes I do!! Robin will be back I believe I have heard talk of it already! And I have watched all the ABC soaps all my life also difference in opinion is what makes the world go around…but I think just about everyone is on the same page with Jason leaving!

Comment by danny – November 6, 2012 07:38 AM PDT
          • He’ll Be Back after Staying Home with the Family For A while he’ll want to work agian
            I Hope and Pray He Will Come Back to he’s other Family General Hospital

Comment by Sandi – November 6, 2012 10:09 AM PDT
          • I hope so to! It is certainly not the same!! :(

Comment by danny – November 6, 2012 11:03 AM PDT
          • I would have to agree with you. The OLTL characters are wonderful. I’ve watched them almost from the start. They are a GREAT addition. I hope people give them a chance. It’s just tooo bad that you only get a few characters.

Comment by Sandy Van Beveren – November 13, 2012 09:56 AM PDT
        • You are sooooo right!

Comment by jany – October 22, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m with you on that they need to get rid of Todd and all the OLTL
          People I can’t believe no has tried to kill Todd yet.John McBain
          Is ok but the other are not.They need also get the crazy off the
          Show and bring back Robin.I love Jason&Elizabeth better.

Comment by Sandi – October 28, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I have been watching General Hospital for about 36 years now I seen all the star
            Come and go but the way they got rid of Jason was not the best way.Every time
            Someone dies they fall in the water. How is Anna gonna feel when she find out
            The Duke killed Jason & holding her Daughter hostage that not gonna go well.
            They alway say if you find a body they are gonna for sure but if they don’t they
            Will come back I think in time Steve Burton as Jason Morgan will come back
            To General Hospital.

Comment by Sandi – October 28, 2012 03:16 PM PDT
          • About time some sense! Jason & Elizabeth that’s the only reason I would want Steve back. I stopped watching when they put him with Sam again. Jason & Elizabeth can’t get over each other.

Comment by Hero – July 18, 2013 12:14 AM PDT
        • I think that one of the smartest things GH EVER DID was to cast some of the OLTL characters into this Show. It made the show 10-times more interesting. It is awesome watching Todd go toe-to-toe with people like Sonny and simply not give a F**k because he is too out there to be intimidated by anyone. Sonny doesn’t have a clue what to do with someone like Todd. AND, the build up towards a Todd/Carly matchup is intriguing. HOWEVER, I hope GH does not make the mistake that OLTL did and make Todd unredeemable. Let him be Todd but do some good things and have some happiness. Stop jumping him from one awful mess to another. Let him show a little more heart, please. I think that Starr and Michael are a perfect match too. It is just awesome to watch. Awesome. And, John McBain…Come on! They brought the three players I could not do without. SMART, SMART, SMARTEST MOVE GH. Excellent!!!!

Comment by SiaSia – October 30, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY!!!

Comment by danny – November 6, 2012 08:26 AM PDT
          • John McBain Yes because he has been on before the rest no way special Todd & Starr
            Bring Back the other GH Cast Members not people from other Soap Opera Like OLTL

Comment by Sandi – November 6, 2012 10:06 AM PDT
          • Love, love, love Todd, great addition to G.H.

Comment by Sally – November 7, 2012 04:09 PM PDT
          • Get Rid of Todd Manning He is Not Good for the Show He Can’t Act bring back some of
            the other actor & actress that were on GH before.

Comment by Sandi – November 8, 2012 01:33 PM PDT
          • i think it was perfect bringother cast members from another soap in Todd an Carly are sooo cute bring jason backs Sam cant do it by herself i no its a story but jason an sam made me believe n love they have to raise there baby toghter theyve waited so long just to have it taken away come on

Comment by wanda – January 7, 2013 11:47 AM PDT
        • I have been watching this show since I was born (42 yrs. ago) literally. It has really been bad since they switched writers long ago. It has gotten just as corny as the rest of the soaps. It used to be so good years ago! I still watch but am constantly disappointed with this writer!

Comment by PQ – October 30, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I couldn’t agree with you more! The writing is really bad now, and I have been watching for 45 years. The reason General Hospital was one of the few remaining soaps left was because of the writing. If you missed a day, you missed a lot. Now, it’s just like all the others, and only time will have it off the air as well. All the best to Mr. Burton and his family,

Comment by Disappointed in Canada – November 21, 2012 04:30 AM PDT
        • I agree with you on the OLTL characters….although Todd is kinda funny, you have to admit…..but Starr is sickening & a ridiculous actress.

Comment by PQ – October 30, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I LOVE TODD!!!, YOU MUST BE YOUNG AND NEVER SAW HIM AS A TEENAGER
          YOU NEED TO STOP WATCHING SERIOUSLY., I AM A DEDICATED FAN OF OLTL AND GH. ONE LIVE TO LI\VE WAS A GREAT SOAP!! ALL SOAPS CAN E REPETITIVE BUT SERIOUSLY STOP WATCING BECAUSE JASON (STEVE) WANTS TO RELAX WITH HOS FAMILY AND FURTHER HIS CAREER, C’MON

Comment by SIUSAN MCGRAW – October 31, 2012 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I LOVE Todd! He was the reason I watched OLTL! If you aren’t familiar with these new people, give them a chance, they are great. ABC was stupid for cancelling OLTL. I hate to hear Steve Morgan is leaving as Jason. No one can be Jason like he can! Alas, he deserves his own life. We can get used to someone else or her hooking up with John. The present Carly is the best Carly that GH has had. GH, whatever you do, PLEASE, do NOT bring back that whiney Brenda! Laws, it gets on my last nerve when she pulls her too long sleeves down over her hands and whines about whatever her complaint of the day is. Yikes!

Comment by nanajudie – November 2, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • First, I would like to say I’m a long time fan of All the ABC soaps who has cried over the departure of many beloved characters over the year- Jason being the most recent but far from the first. The timing of his departure is unfortunate and I truly hate to see Steve go especially without the character knowing Danny is his biological child; but if the producers choose to recast or not, the show will go on. As to the dissension over the addition of the actors and actresses from OLTL, it breaks my heart to hear they are not readily accepted by all fans since we all know new blood offers new story possibilities and honestly I find their presence comforting because I grieved over their shows cancelation and would welcome more of their cast mates and would be thrilled if a few from AMC joined them. All soaps and their fans are family and as such we should support our remaining shows before the entire genre becomes extinct.

Comment by ABC Soap Fan – November 10, 2012 01:25 PM PDT
      • I totally agree!!! The show will not be the same! With Sam finally getting her baby and reuniting with Jason,only to have him killed by Duke???? Poor Sam will have to go through yet another tragedy. I will really miss him n the show!

Comment by Stacy – October 19, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate the idea of Steve Burton leaving. I love the character of Jason. I would rather have the character leave Port Charles with Sam and the baby and think of them being happy somewhere else, than to have the character killed off. I feel this actor is irreplaceable, however, and I really hope they don’t recast. I think that would be a colossal mistake! I don’t think I could take another actor playing the part. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I might actually stop watching. I have been watching since I was 10 years old, so that’s saying something! I honestly hope they just leave the way open for him to return in the future.

Comment by Connie E Williams – October 20, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree Connie, I would much rather they have Jason and Sam leave together with baby Daniel to start a new life away from Port Charles and the mob. I am against recasting the part of Jason, NOBODY can play Jason, like Steve Burton, and to replace him would be a disgrace not only to the actor, and the cast, but also to we, the loyal fans. Some of us, like you and I, who have been watching for too many years to count. I also feel that Jason and Sam NEED to find out that Jason is really the biological father of Daniel before he leaves, we don’t need to have this linger for years and years. I also said I wouldn’t watch the show without Steve Burton, yes, he is so much of the reason I tune in. I agree, he is such a integral part of GH, and a phenomenal actor however, I don’t think that Steve would want us to stop watching because he is gone, GH is his family too and if we all stopped watching it would go away. I read a comment he posted on Twitter to a fan that asked him if GH asked him to come back would he consider it, and he said absolutely. So, if everybody stopped watching the show, there would be no GH for Steve, AKA Jason Morgan to come back to. I was however shocked w/Friday’s 10/19/12 epipsode. Duke Lavery, at least that who this joker is saying he is, shot our Jason in the back! OMG, I about lunged at the TV, and of course it ended with Jason and Bernie both laying there, Jason in a pool of blood, but as usual cliff hanger Friday left us hanging till Monday for us to see what happens. As you all know Monday is Steve’s last air date. I don’t think they are killing Jason off, since they are leaving the door open for a return, but having him get shot is leaving me anxious for the show on Monday. Stay tuned……It’s gonna be a real nail biter!

Comment by Roseamrie Babcock – October 20, 2012 06:08 AM PDT
          • I agree, they should have left together..then someday come back. I’ve been watching this show since 1970′s. I am in mourning of Steve Burton; GH is going to have to work hard to make it survive without him!

Comment by Susan Schnitzer – October 24, 2012 02:34 PM PDT
        • I have to agree. Bad timing for the story line. If Jason could find Robin somehow and they both come back that would be great. At least that way Robin can get rid of Britt! Jason/Steve will be missed but if he can’t be there they really need to replace him. Sam and John can’t work and it is sad that Jason had to go just when they find out it is his baby! I may no longer watch the show.
          DKS

Comment by DKS – October 26, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree Steve needs to be replaced but they are hard shoes to fit. Was watching an old rerun of OLTL…the actor that played Brody Lovitt may be able to play the part? I don’t think he is as good as Steve but might work? I just wish they would bring someone in soon…don’t want to see Sam end up with McBain and then have Jason return! Too Much drama then!

Comment by Julie Brinkmann – October 26, 2012 10:54 PM PDT
      • YES I AGREE WITHOUT JASON I WILL NOT BE WATCHING GH AFTER 18 YRS…BY STEVE BURTON BOD BLESS

Comment by SUSAN AVILA – October 19, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was so emotional today as JASAM was back together… It made me so happy, and then oh no.. I am so disappointed now, what a bummer. I have been watching the show since I was little and Luke and Laura were the HOT couple. Today I think Sam and Jason are that couple (for me, anyway). I got really hooked when Steve Burton and Sean Kanan played brothers, boy they were cute and Antonio Sabato Jr was a dream …. oh I digress… anyway … I look forward to seeing Jason every day, I will miss him terribly.

Comment by Lori – October 19, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hear you Lori, I too was a big Luke and Laura fan back in the day. I stayed home sick from school to watch them get married. LOL! You are the first person I’ve read that I said what I’ve been thinking about Sam & Jason, they too so remind me of the love Luke and Laura shared, they are that HOT couple today. I got really hooked with Steve Burton and Sean Kanan too, Sean was a great AJ and he and Steve looked like brothers. Perfect casting! I also liked the story line of Jagger played greatly by Atonio Sabato Jr. Your last line hit me though, “I look forward to seeing Jason every day, I will miss him terribly.” I watch the show because GH I’ve always watched, but I seemed to get hooked more and more each day when Steve Burton signed on, so yeah, he is my reason for watching the show. I have a hard day at work, working collections/authorizations in a hospital, (I HATE asking people for money), I come home and I turn on Soapnet and he’s there on my TV and my day melts away and it’s all good. My hubby even knows not to disturb me when GH is on. :) But, Steve’s been with this show for 21 yrs, that’s a long time, and he loves GH, but he wants to spend time with his wife and kids and what better place than Nashville, Tennessee. He just said he needs some time off. Now, if any of you on this post have been watching GH for as long as Lori and I have, than think back to a time when Steve left the show before, he came back then, and I’m sure he would come back again, because he said, GH is home to him and they’ve been good to not only him, but his family too. He was asked by a fan if GH asked him to come back would he consider it, and his answer was absolutely. Fret not people, he just wants time with his family, and time is precious, he deserves that time with them. :)

Comment by Roseamrie Babcock – October 20, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I have watched GH since Scott and Laura were together. My favorite characters… Hard to choose Luke or Jason or Sonny and remember crazy Lucy lol? My my what is GH up to? I can’t imagine the show without Jason at all but I kinda hope Mcbain will come to SAMs rescue. He’s the only OLTL character that sorta fits in on GH. I’m so over Starr and her singing and acting and her whacko father. Come on GH do something clever if you’re gonna take away Jason give us something good so we won’t be pissed forever!

Comment by Karla Harris – October 24, 2012 08:08 PM PDT
        • I hear that Sean Kanan is coming back to GH, I just pray it is not he, who will be replacing Jason, he’ll never, ever be able to do it. He sucked as AJ, please don’t make him Jason.

Comment by SharonJ – October 23, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He is not he playing AJ Quartermaine did you see the soap today
            They said he was him and Monica know he was alive all this time
            Too.She helped fake his death all these years because he was in
            Prison on the run.

Comment by Sandi – October 31, 2012 10:46 PM PDT
      • I watched gh for 20 years but when Jason goes so do I

Comment by garry – October 21, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree they lost me as a viewer they should cancel the whole show! Why did Abc keep Gh instead of the revolution if Jason (Steve B.) was leaving that’s dumb well time to start watching the talk instead!

Comment by peaches – October 23, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I think I will start watching Days of our Lives instead.

Comment by DKS – October 26, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bring Jason back !
        Jason & Sam for ever !!!!!!!!

Comment by Carol Garrett – October 23, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with u 100%. I just decided to look Jason up since the shooting on the dock and was shocked, sad, and mad!!! We were hit with 2 of our ABC soaps taken off the air and that alone was a huge disappointment. What’s Next? I wish ABC would open thier eyes and see that thier is no need for running reruns of “Who wants to be a Millionaire and Jeopardy” twice a day. Why not put One Life to Live back on the air??? ABC took away great soaps and have not been successful from the beginning, and then they kept throwing more shows out there that one by one failed miserably! I don’t get it… Why mess with a good thing… If its not broken, why fix it? I would love to “just for one day” run the show line-up!!! Okay, I am done venting at the moment… I feel like writing ABC a “certified return receipt” letter and have 1000′s of signitures to back my letter up about how badly the show line-up is and where improvements are totally necessary!!! Again, I really related to what you wrote! Great Job!!!
        Sincerely,

Richelle Y Ebert

PS: I tried to see if my uncle could do something about it but he said he would do just about anything for me but he deals with Motion Pictures only. I guess it has something to do with his contract and he would be crossings the line. Well, I tried but I’m not done by far!!!

Comment by Richelle – October 24, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I KNOW RIGHT!!!! I CAN’T WATCH IT WITHOUT MY DOUBLE EYE CANDY

Comment by mrsckr – October 24, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can believe this. Jason is the reason I watch this show . He is a mob person and a gentle man . He protects all women and children. He keeps sonny on the start and narrow. I don’t know if I will watch this show without Jason. (Who ever plays him but Jason needs to be back)

Comment by Jennifer – October 25, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No Jason no more me.

Comment by JGBeason – October 25, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree….without Jason on the show another soap bites the dust. Jason and all the storylines surrounding him is what kept me watching General Hospital. Without Jason…no GH :(

Comment by Anna Nucolm – October 29, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They absolutely HAVE TO find a Jason replacement. I agree. I agree. I agree. If they are smart they will find another ultra-hottie to replace him. If they could so successfully have replaced Todd Manning on OLTL for years – until the original Todd decided to come back — then, as impossible as it may seem, they can certainly replace Jason. They cannot let Jason just die or be lost out there somewhere. We need him in the storyline. Replace him. We will accept him as long as GH does some very attentive casting. He has to have the same edge as Jason has… and be just as GORGEOUS!!! :-)

Comment by SiaSia – October 30, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I argee with this ,I would n’t watch without Jason

Comment by sharon – October 30, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that his half brother A. j should take Jason’s identity now that he is no longer playing dead. It will be the only way to keep A. j out of prison and still keep the story line of Sam and Jason going in a way

Comment by Eva Patel – October 30, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I WILL NOT WATCH THE SHOW IF HE DON’T COME BACK HE JUST GOT BACK WITH SAM THE BABY IS HES I WAITED FOR YEARS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AND THEN HES GONE.I HATE IT.

Comment by SHEILA – October 31, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I have to agree, i have watched general hospital for 38 years. And it is not the same with JASON, I named my son after the character. After watching for this long I may give up on watching soaps all together!!!! BRING JASON BACK!!!!!! The real Jason!!!

Comment by DJ – January 25, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • steve’s gone ….i;m gone sorry…. GH

Comment by paula – November 7, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No That’s a really bad Idea I Hope they don’t do it

Comment by Sandi – November 7, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agree- replace jason and you’ll keep the fans and just maybe the show running as the longest running daytime soap otherwise i am afraid gh will suffer greatly and will come to an end.

Comment by nancy – November 14, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! Show will not be the same without him and I don’t know that I will continue to watch it if he’s not on anymore and its sad cause I jabber watched this soap for many many years. It will be very hard to replace him cause he was perfect, but they needed to try. I will continue to watch for a little while to see what they about replacing him, but not too long. I know there are several people that feel the same way.

Comment by tammy – November 15, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • can’t believe gh let jason go but the vampire stuff is even more ridiculous! Maybe time to quit watching it.

Comment by Disappointed – January 31, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hate to see Steve leave the show. Whoever they get to replace him will not be the same. I love Jason. Maybe I’ll get to see him in Nashville. I live close by. :) Good luck Steve…. :)

Comment by Vwalk – September 21, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jason and Carly are my faves. If Jason goes I cant see myself watching it. When they changed Carly from VR Troopers Kaitlyn I almost stopped watching when they had random actors who couldnt do the character justice. I was so glad when they found an actress to embody the role of Carly. Im really going to miss Steve but will continue to follow his career. I bet he is Super Cool would love to roll up a doobie and chief it out with him.

Comment by GH1998 – September 26, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The operative word being almost :) I feel the same, but We know were still going to watch.

Comment by kimberly – October 18, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loved gh forever now that the new
      writers took over they made gh into a joke of
      a show. The reason i watched it was because it was so different then
      the rest of the soaps. Can’t stand the new writing
      Stopped watching altogether.

Comment by Terri – October 9, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg I am so sad I have been watching for years and I love Jason. He and Sam are just about ready to get what we all have been waiting for and now he is leaving. I am happy he wants to spend time with his family but he will truly be missed!!!

Comment by Donna – October 10, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the Jason and Sam story, and I’m really disappointed because I, like everyone else, has been waiting so long for them to get back together. We need another Jason, yes, it will be weird at first, but look how many Carleys we have had and it’s always worked out. I think as long as the guy is blond with blue eyes and gorgeous, it can work out. Or there is the other option. Jason finds out that he is the father and has to leave Port Charles to keep the baby safe. You know, the same thing that happened when he gave up Jake. But I really don’t want that to happen. Yup, we need another Jason!!

Comment by Anna Mara – October 11, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would they just do the fans like this I have been watching since I was 9 I think Jason is a irreplacable…but not recasting is stupid u cant just leave Sam hanging n pls as much as I like Mc.Bain from OLTL he need to go back or choose some one else..Jasam is the best couple sine Carly n Sonny pls recast….

Comment by Melisa – October 16, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve learned English as second language by watching GH since March ’00 and Steve in the role of Jason; GH without him is not “it” for me so as soon as his “death” or whatever writters/producers have in mind takes place I’ll stop watching GH.

Comment by Raki – October 18, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And yeah, all the best to Steve in his future career and just a tad bit of a wishful thinking…I’d love to meet him in person because he’s so cool and I wonder would he want to make my wish come true because I’m handicapped guy with limited means for life – money…He’s really great actor and I honestly wish that he would reconsider and stay on GH and eventually take over Sonny’s business and to find out that Danny is in fact his son and not that psycho Franco’s and to watch him and Sam(love that girl, she’s soo pretty :) ) live out that fantasy of Sam’s…Cmmon people, let’s start a petition!

Comment by Raki – October 18, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am so broken hearted. GH may not survive this. Why can’t he do what Luke does? GH should move to Tennessee! I really don’t think I can watch it with out him. He is one of the only reasons I still watch. So many empty spaces will be left and I don’t think anyone can play that part like him. I am so upset it’s not even funny.

Comment by Donna – October 19, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree im very happy for Steve burying an his family, but after his leaving wont be watching gh anymore the main reason for watching for so many years.was jason an Sam an Carly an Sonny

Comment by jamie – October 19, 2012 02:44 PM PDT
        • I agree we need to start a petition to recast Jason. If that doesn’t work the I done with GH.

Comment by Y Davis – October 19, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jason the soap will not be the same without you. What will Sam and Carly do now? Watching you all these years as you grew up on the show. I hope that you and your real family have a wonderful life and remember we will all be waiting and hoping that one day you might return.

Comment by Glenda – October 19, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He will never be anyone other than Jason and people will not be able to see him differently. Just like many actors before him, he will find out the hard way. I think he would be more wise to “disappear” or go MIA instead of just getting killed.

Comment by JDubb – October 21, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This just pisst me off he’s my main focus of watching. It’s not gonna be the same anymore. Dont think i’ll be watching.

Comment by Amika – October 22, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aint this a blinnimum hes the best character pay him more money and keep his character on g.h.

Comment by Staciah hamilton – October 22, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they
      NEED TO PAY HOW EVER MUCH IT COSTS TO GET HIM BACK STEVE BURTON MAKES THE SHOW

Comment by MINDY – October 23, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lately with all these awful characters from other past shows the series stinks especially duke . Finally got msxie back , now if we lose Jason don’t want tyo watch . The end of soap operas

Comment by Pat – October 23, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ikr :(

Comment by BigD – October 29, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GH WON’T BE THE SAME W/O STEVE BURTON.

Comment by DORIS – October 30, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i have been watching gh about 40 yrs. all i can say is best of love laughter and happiness to you and yours. hope to see you again sometime on gh

Comment by linda – November 2, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i cried ive been watching this show sense i was 16 and im 38 now im so angry and i know people move on but the show will not be the same and was also sad to hear that Edward passed in real life he will be missed dearly

Comment by april – November 4, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am really not that interested in watching GH anymore without Jason, they finally were getting together and had an opportunity to finally be happy. Tired of all non happy endings. Not thrilled with the Jason look a like – AJ.

Comment by lynn murphy – November 12, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t believe that Jason is Dead, thats the only reason I have been watching G.H. Please bring Steve Burton Back

Comment by Julie Griego – January 9, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please bring Jason Back! So Sad

Comment by Julie Griego – January 9, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am 27 and have been watching the show my whole life, due to my mom and her love for soaps, Jason is my favorite character and it has always been Steve Burton that I can remember so if they try to recast him that would be a horrible mistake for all us die hard GH fans!!!! BRING JASON BACK :)

Comment by Heather – March 19, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you Steve Burton is the Best and it want be the same I’ve been watching about 40
        years now They should bring Jason Morgan Back to GH & Putting someone in he’s place
        would be the biggest mistake that GH would make.

Comment by Sandi – March 19, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While a bummer, I hope this frees up to the budget to allow for other big returns (welcome back, Duke Lavery). My dream is that Robin finds herself in a room with Emily, Alan, and Georgie.

Comment by AlyssaGs – August 28, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my god, that would be amazing if Robin woke up in a room like that!

Comment by Sara – August 28, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Jake!

Comment by Shannon – August 28, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No,they need a new enforcer.

Comment by Shaun – August 28, 2012 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GREAT THOUGHT AND NOW JAXON

Comment by MINDY – October 23, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to be all fangirl, Matt, but né means the name you were born with. When Jason was born his name was Jason Moore. The Quartermaine name was added after his mother was murdered and he moved in with his biological father, Alan Quartermaine.

Comment by MoxieSue – August 28, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okie dokes.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 28, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to be fangirl#2 Moxie, but he was Moore for 5 minutes. The majority of his life, he’s been Quartermaine. Susan was quickly killed off the show and most see Monica as his mom. So I think his name is fine.

I hate Jason but love Steve. He’s done a great job with what he’s been given but the character is redundant. He hasn’t shown much growth since he became RoboJase. He never really reconnected with his family, and he’s been running around in circles with his love life (Liz-Sam-Liz-Sam). I feel like he’s regressed somehow. Right now with McBain in the mix, I can see why he’d want to step away.

Comment by Lena120 – August 28, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jason is The Man- no one can ever replace him, best to leave the door open so he can return. Meanwhile Sam should find out her baby is Jason’s! Jason can take a year or two off- you can deny him from being with his family but GH will need him back and so will we… His extended family. I love Jason. Kinda funny because I’ve never been star struck but I think of his character all the time. He embodies the true nature of a good guy that does bad things for work. He and Sam – he and Elizabeth – he am any works… Even with Carly. It will take a lot to keep me interested in GH while he’s gone. By the way all they had to do was have him leave on a search for Robin at Anna’s insistence. Oh we’ll maybe the writers should add me to their team. Best wishes Jason (Steve), you will be missed greatly!!!!!

Comment by Nancy – October 24, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ve been expecting this since he moved to Nashville. This is really going to suck when the baby is found! Not sure how they can write him out other than “killing him off.” Jason would never just “leave town” after finding out the baby is really his. I’m not happy about this, but I respect his decision to be with his family while his kids are still young.

Comment by Amanda – August 28, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He could go to prison.

Comment by wrstlgirl – August 28, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s true. I did hear that he’s gonna be the one accused of killing Jerry maybe.

Comment by Amanda – August 28, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I get that it’s right for him and his family. But I’m pissed for the Jasam fans, myself included. Instead of having Jasam end as a family we’ve gotten this crap love quadrangle with Sam/Jason/John/Liz. The new regime totally f’ed up by splitting them up after the baby switch.

Comment by Kira – August 28, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can you be pissed? The man wants to spend time with his family! You have to respect that. Even if the new regime didn’t split them up he’d still be leaving.

Comment by Ronnie – August 28, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never said I was pissed with Steve Burton. I’ll put it in clearer terms. TPTB obviously knew this was a possibility. Instead of giving us a little family time and splitting Jasam up when SBu leaves the show, they give us McBam and Liz needing to be rescued, by Jason, again!!! I understand they want to shake things up but Jasam fans having been waiting years for this. A few months of happiness, especially when an actor might leave, doesn’t seem to much to ask. Especially when the actor in question isn’t happy with the storyline. As I’ve already said, I understand that it’s right for his family. But TPTB totally dropped the ball preceding his exit. They are the ones I’m pissed at. Hopefully they’ll allow him to extend his stay long enough to get a proper exit storyline. A 21 year veteran deserves at least that.

Comment by Kira – August 28, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry if I’m making this about something else, but I stopped watching when Lucky left because I felt the same way about that situation. I thought the changing of the guard would have changed how TPTB would handle stuff like this, but I guess not. Which is sad, because, like you say, a 21 year veteran deserves more.

Comment by Liz – August 28, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No kidding. Lucky had been on the show since being a child…..not right.

Comment by daisydo – September 9, 2012 07:26 PM PDT
        • Eh-i don’t know if you can blame TPTB for this one. I read on a different site that he’s been thinking about leaving for years – how do you write a proper send off for someone who’s been talking about leaving for that long?

Comment by big cheddar – August 28, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • he has been talking about leaving for a few years but you may note that he decided it was time when TPTB decided to split JASAM up yet again! Basically during their honeymoon. I understand you need conflict to make drama and push the story along but that was ridiculous from the get go. Poorly written and out of character for both Jason and Sam.

Comment by Andi G – September 13, 2012 05:37 PM PDT
        • Exactly. There is no way they didn’t have some idea this was coming. Jasam fans barely got to see them happy as a married couple or as expectant parents but I figured we would get at least something with the baby still being alive and now we don’t even get that? It is not just the end of Jasam I’m upset about Jason is such a important character and means so much to so many people I don’t see how in the time he has left they are going to write a story that gives justice to his relastionships on the show Sonny, Carly, Spinelli, Monica, Liz ect. I just worry that anything they do is going to feel rushed. So instead of giving us good stories involving these already established relastionships they try to push the jason/sam/john, liz/jason/sam on us which now turns out to be a moot point since 1/3 of both triangles is leaving. TPTB without a doubt dropped the ball on this one.

Comment by veronica – August 29, 2012 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • MORE than dropped the ball. There’s Carly, Sam,baby, Monica, Robin, Sonny, etc, who has a huge history with Jason. Just replace him w/ a look alike, not some NERD w/ a slick haircut, PLEASE.

Comment by daisydo – September 9, 2012 07:29 PM PDT
    • agree ,hated this love triangle of john/sam jason.elizabeth ,waiting and waiting for jasam to finally get there happiness c/their baby and family and now he’s gone…so disappointed in the way they took this through poor sam’s pregnancy and birth and continually placing elizabeth there all along c/affair ,then her getting pregnant c/jake and still continually there ,always portraying her as such a good mom and woman when really she needs to find herself and find out why she jumps from man to man but always has a way of looking whiny and pitiful but appealing to the dudes…yuck ,too bad jasam never got happiness ,Ive waited and waited ,no need to even watch after this!

Comment by Shari – September 2, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree i don’t like elizabeth either she has to have every man no matter who she hurts suprise she didn’t take patrick away from robin jason and sam need to get their happy ending with their baby before he leaves or else it’s going to such him not knowing the baby was his

Comment by Baby girl – September 12, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One mobster down, one to go. And then maybe it’ll be General HOSPITAL again, instead of General Mobsters.

Comment by meem – August 28, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Yes!

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – August 28, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^this

when will Maurice Bernard be ready to retire? I think I’ll have a party that day.

Comment by Liz – August 28, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i love jason and sonny they are hot they make the show for me they havent been on 21 years for nothing

Comment by mandy – November 3, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This right here!

Comment by Nunya – August 28, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you want to watch something with doctors as a soap watch greys anatomy and leave jason and sonny alone i like them on general hospital

Comment by Baby girl – September 12, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!

Comment by Emma Brown – September 12, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • REALLY…sound’s pretty boring to me!! Those mobsters make the show!

Comment by Donna – October 31, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they kill him off in such a way that we see the body and he is not able to come back from it.

GH will be better off with him no longer on the canvas. Next we need Maurice to go.

Comment by Jenni – August 28, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you dont like whats going on on general hospital then don’t watch it you haters leave jason and sonny alone and just stop watching idiot

Comment by Baby girl – September 12, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s Nothing wrong with Jason or Sonny. Its time you find a new show. I totally adore them.

Comment by Krystal – October 23, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s Steve Burtons decision to leave not gh’s period. Nothing ever stays the same, i am heart broken to but i am not going to stop watching because he left. As we all know if he wants to come back they’ll bring him back.

Comment by Dawn Mraz – October 24, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I total agree Steve Burton as Jason Morgan & Maurice bernard as Sonny Corinthos
        Are awesome I Love them both they play the best Mobster on the show ever.
        Mob Boss and he’s Enforcer Protect Port Charles they Rule.
        My Favorite couple’s are Jason & Elizabeth & Sonny & Emily also Luke & Laura

Comment by Sandi – October 31, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT about the baby??!! lol. I wish it was Maurice leaving instead, with Kate (whatever her real name is- her hair and character bother me). But I am very psyched for the whole Duke situation. How was I not spoiled on that one?

Comment by Kat – August 28, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree, I wish it was Sonny and Kate who were leaving. I FF through them all the time. Good for Steve for wanting to spend more time with his family. Hopefully he will find his way back to GH eventually and Jasam fans will have their happy ending.

Comment by Tenney – August 28, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously, I am sure he’ll be back. What other job could he get that requires only one facial expression, a line a week, super stiff physical presence and an early 90s haircut? Also, he said he would be back. for encores. Whatever that means. At least he isn’t going out all pissed like Ingo and then having to crawl back, lol. Or Vanessa, who went off to explore her options and came back 6 times when she realized Las Vegas wasn’t coming back and 90210 hated her…I don’t see much of a career in the novela, if that ever gets done with how ADD J.Franco is.

Comment by Kat – August 28, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love GH but this post is ridiculously funny. His hair is totally bonkers.

Comment by Nerdista (@Nerdista) – September 9, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Teeheee! I was thinking the same thing…since watching GH I have gone from liking to loathing Jason Q. so many times its hilarious..and the description of him is totally hilarious. I agree..he’ll be back sooner or later…maybe with both Jake and the new baby in tow! LOL! I have an idea crazy Heather is going to kidnap the baby, and Jason will find out and take off to find it..

Comment by Emma Brown – September 12, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Speaking of Ingo…why couldn’t he replace Steve? His coloring is right and wouldn’t it be a HOOT to see him doing an American accent AND being Sonny’s right hand man!

Comment by gg – September 13, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • there no replacing steve burton as jason but if they have i think ronan mcloy from the young and the restless would be aclose second he hot and has anice body

Comment by mandy – November 3, 2012 07:32 PM PDT
  • The best news for GH in ages.

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – August 28, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HALLELUJAH!!! Get rid of Sonny/Joe/Johnny, all those stupid mobsters and their women, the show is General HOSPITAL, not Soporanos Junior. Only watch when Q’s, luke, anna, hospital are on. And who is this Kate person???? She adds nothing.

Comment by flo – August 28, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know you can’t base a decent soap at just a Hospital right?And most of the characters aren’t interesting enough.

Comment by Shaun – August 28, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This Kate crap SUCKS!!! The original Kate was a good character and the actress fit, I feel like I need a shower every time this new one is on… She isn’t of caliber for who she is supposed to be… Kick her to the curb.

Comment by Donna – October 19, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to see him go. I hope they don’t kill him off so he can make a return trip one day like last time he took off. The writers really did screw the pooch on the JaSam storyline.

Comment by John – August 28, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a non-soap and non-GH fan, Burton is the best actor in the show. This is a severe blow for the show!

He’s got a shot at being Green Lantern (not campy like Ryan Reynolds) in the Justice League of America movie for 2014 and he’d be great in the part.

He is one of the very few soapers in the last 20 years who has a legit shot at movie and/or prime time tv success and stardom.

Good for Burton, it’s long overdue.

Comment by Hal Jordan – August 28, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Burton is the best they have, and he will be missed. People forget this is acting and he plays his part the way it is written, as stone cold. It’s a hard part to play and whoever doesn’t understand that has no concept of acting. I do hope they replace him, as hard as it might be we need Jason and Sonny on the show and I’m watching GH for 40 years. Good Luck to Steve.

Comment by Barbara – September 19, 2012 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a decade too late. But I’m still happy!! I wish Steve the best.

Jason no longer on the canvas is the best GH news since Guza left.

Comment by Karen – August 28, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this sad news for my gf. She a huge fan of liason. She hoping him and Liz get back together. Good for him to want to spend time with his family. Wish him all the best!

Comment by Adam – August 28, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Jason & Elizabeth are my favorite Super Couple on General Hospital
      Liason rule

Comment by Sandi – October 28, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well Jason has to find out about his baby now! They can’t have him leave not knowing he’s a father.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – August 28, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst news ever!!!!! OMG! I don’t think I can watch the show without him!!! How the hell can they do anything without him? I’m going back to bed, this day sucks!!

Comment by Jenn – August 28, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They managed pretty well before he became the brain damaged superhero–and the ratings were much better back then too. I bet GH will do much better without him.

Comment by Liz – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you blaming him for that?Soaps aren’t even quality tv these days.

Comment by Shaun – August 28, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to kill off Sonny so Jason doesn’t have anyone to work for. With no baby, there is nothing to stay for, and he can go off and figure out what to do with his life. At some point he’ll find out the kid is his and return, but he can be gone in the meantime. I really want this mob stuff to end, and really tired of Sonny dominating the show. Seriously, Carly’s kid has been near death twice and Bobbie is not there for support? For a hospital show, where are all the doctors and nurses?

Comment by Kim – August 28, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you have really lost your mind if you think they should kill off Sonny. There is no Jason without Sonny, they are a team, they are trying to protect Port Charles from the other mobsters. They both are loving characters that love their families. I pray that they do not write Jason off because I don’t think the show will survive without the both of them. I just hope they let him lie in a comma for awhile and he finds out that the child is actually his and he and Sam exit on a good note because of the child. And Sonny and Kate exit without Sonny being killed and the childrent take over the leagacy of Port Charles.

Comment by Cam – October 22, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All this nonsense is irrelevant.. if Jason or Sonny leave the ratings will decline and there will be NO SHOW…DUHHH….REALLY GETTING TICKED… ILL MISS YOU JASON ):

Comment by Krystal – October 23, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • General Hospital would die with out Sonny & Jason & Elizabeth also
        Luke it dropped in ratings when Genie Francis left as Laura Spencer
        And also killed off Emily sonny& Emily & Jason & Elizabeth & L&L
        Main one for the show these three couple I love There the Best of the Best

Comment by Sandi – October 28, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just started watching again since they were hinting at a Liason…finally! It has been pull and tug for 13 years and while i understand JASAM fans being upset that they don’t get a happy ending, what about us LIASON fans!! Good or bad, Jason has become GH and i don’t think i can watch it without him!!!

Comment by jesslulu – August 28, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this paves the way for John and Sam – YUCK! I was hoping Jason would keep that from happening so they could introduce Natalie for OLTL.

Comment by trista – August 28, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh WOW – end of an era. Love this character. Love Steve.

Comment by Wendy – August 28, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Sam and John(loyal fan when he was on OLTL.)……….. don’t get me wrong … I LOVE Jason! Always have and always will! He is amazing! Wish there were men like him in the real world! But I understand the want to have a life with his famly! Afterall.. isn’t that what “Jason” would do……. family 1st. So I wish Him all the best and hope he does make it it back to GH once in a while. He will be missed!

Comment by jeanette – August 28, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, that’s not what Jason would do. He couldn’t give up his work for Jake, Courtney, or course Liz. The only one who dealt with that mob crap was Sam. So Steve is the exact opposite of his character.

Comment by Lena120 – August 28, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this is the second best GH news of the week. The show has been too Jason/Sonny centric for the last ten years. A lot of characters were sacrificed for their repetitive stories. Hopefully this will put an end to the annoying triangle and get some growth for Sam (which we’re already starting to see). I wish him well, but I’m not sad to see him go.

Comment by Crittle – August 28, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish the story line timing was better. We won’t ever get to see poppa Jason. Best of luck to Steve and his family. I hope the write off does the character and actor justice. Hard to watch without him.

Comment by Amy – August 28, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Steve as Jason. I was so hoping that Jason and Liz would be back together. In my own little soapy imagination, I want Sam’s baby to NOT be Jason’s (hey, Heather changed the DNA results once, she could have done it before!) and litte Jake is still alive. Jason finds out, pledges his undying love to Liz while making mad passionate love to her, and then goes off into the sunset to find their son. :)

Comment by PickMichaelStrahan – August 28, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I 100% agree with that Jason & Elizabeth & Jake & Cameron & Lucky Son
      They would be the perfact family. I don’t understand why the had to kill
      Off Jake in the first place that was dumb idea.If he was live Liason would
      Be together.

Comment by Sandi – October 28, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I stopped watching GH a few years back because I got tired of being tempted with Liason but then it never quite happening. Really can’t imagine GH without Jason

Comment by Amanda – August 28, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My JaSam heart is broken. Please get the baby switch storyline sorted out before he goes. After almost 10 years of loving Jason and Sam, I am begging for a reunion with their baby.

Comment by Rebecca – August 28, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely understand how he feels but dang this sucks!! Jason & Carly are why I started watching the show 15 years ago and it’s not nearly as much fun without their friendship. I really hope they send Jason & Sam off with their baby and not kill him off.

Comment by Lyndsey – August 28, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say a Guza style explosion or shootout. If they go with the latter, please, please shoot Jason in the head and have him die immediately, putting us out of our misery.

I am so glad he is finally leaving, although I wish he left years ago–maybe then the mob wouldn’t have completely eaten up the canvas. Oh, well, maybe the cops will be able to save the day from now on. No more SuperJason or Saint Jason or whatever people call him. This is the best soap news I have heard all year! I just hope they don’t ruin it by recasting. (I may not like Jason, but I can’t see anyone other than Steve Burton playing him.)

Comment by Liz – August 28, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jason I grew up watching him! So bummed but since he is a mobster might make sense for him to go to prison as Port Charles must have the worst detectives and police force of all time.

Comment by Beth – August 28, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Send JaSam off into the sunset with their baby. With Sam making appearances every once in awhile.

Comment by Jacqi – August 28, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Alie's World and commented:
    OMG!!!

Comment by alieh86 – August 28, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I think it would have been better for GH if Sonny was leaving the show instead of Jason. And who knows they may recast Jason. But it would be better if MB left instead of SB. Oh well. Best of luck to Steve.

Comment by Renee – August 28, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, let’s be clear about a couple of things: they’re not going to recast Jason, he’ll probably show up for a couple of eppys in a year or so. They’ll find out about the baby and then something will happen where Jason has to leave for the good of Sam and the baby. The writing was on the wall a year ago and now that ME is there and the chemistry with him and KM is insanely hot, to Valenti and nucrew – it ain’t that big a loss… Besides it ain’t GH anymore, it’s a GH/OLTL hybrid now. I bet Carly and Todd hook up before the year’s out…

Comment by sladewilson – August 28, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see Carly and Todd team up! (since I can’t have Blair and Todd) I would really like to see Sam leave also, because I watched OLTL, and in that soap, Natalie and Todd had the insane chemistry, and the were so much in love and have a son together…I just can’t believe John could forget his love and his son, and dump them for some married woman..ridiculous!

Comment by Emma Brown – September 12, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that remembers the last time Steve “quit” GH? He left the show, but kept turning up for guest spots for a year or two, then came back full time in 2002. I think he will be back. In true soap fashion, they always come back! ;)

Comment by Laura – August 28, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except for the whole sold his CA house and bought one in TN. And moving the family to TN. Not that this would stop him from returning, it just makes it more unlikely since he will be across country.

Comment by Renee – August 28, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so sad! I started watching right when Jason was becoming a big heavy hitter on the show. Steve seems like a genuinely nice, down to earth guy so I hope he has some great quality time with his family in TN and hopefully he’ll have success in his career in the future.
    Right when I get Kirsten Storms back, now Steve’s leaving…ugh ugh ugh.

Comment by megs – August 28, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll be sad to see him go. I would love for him and Sam to head off into the sunset.

Comment by Lana – August 28, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC is a disgrace! I believe they forced Steve Burton out with the hope that viewers will stop watching GH thereby dropping the ratings and allowing ABC to finally cancel GH and start airing some horrible talk show! I find this appalling! I hate to see Steve go but I will keep watching GH. I will NOT be watching any other show on ABC because I refuse to support a network that cares more about cheap programming than it does quality programming. I hate ABC!

Comment by Caro – August 28, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Liason? And GH’s 50th anniversary? I wish Burton would give it one more year!

Comment by Lisa – August 28, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that is right everyone keeps talking about Jasam but they forget she is into mcbain. I believe him and Liz need to get together, they have been on and off since 1999 and they belong together, they both need to be happy and let Sam be with Mcbain.

Comment by abyrd – September 14, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww… I wish Steve Burton and his family all the best!

Comment by Keren – August 28, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the worst news…one of my fave characters ever and will leave a HUGE hole in GH…sad sad day indeed! :(

Comment by A.D. – August 28, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant get over the shock i understand the reasons why and they are very valid and possibly there is more to the story than meets the eye because it seems very odd timing wise but if they dont at least fix this whole baby mess before he goes then i shall be more pissed

Comment by Joanna – August 28, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Jason is going. He’s been the worst part of this show for the past 10 years. Free Liz and Free Sam!

Comment by Nunya – August 28, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god. Jason has been a suckfest for so long now. Good luck to Steve.

Comment by Maryam – August 28, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is devastating!! I love Steve Burton and the character Jason. He is a great actor!! I’m sad because I thought we would be getting a great reunion between him and Elizabeth and some happy times. I started watching a Liason playlist on YT and clips and he is everything you could hope for in a leading man. His Jason is sexy (his voice and the looks he gives Elizabeth), funny (his interactions with sidekick Spinelli and with Elizabeth as well other friends), his dedication (always looking out for Sonny, Carly and his friends and everyones family, lol) etc.

He will be missed profusely. I don’t know if he’ll come back like he did in the past. Maybe he doesn’t want to. Or his kids are young and he definitely wants to spend more time with them before they get older. I just hope we all can continue to support GH so that if he does ever want or can come back there is something to come back too.

Comment by Essie – August 29, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “you do know you can’t base a decent show just at a hospital right” – um yeah you can. ER lasted FOURTEEN seasons and was very popular with high ratings for a long time. GH couldn’t do it though – not with the way they have been writing it lately. They definitely need to trim the sails – too many miscellaneous characters and loose ends that need tying. It is too messy and all over the place now. All the best to Steve Burton – best to get out before it crashes like other soaps. I am sure when he said he would come back for an encore he was figuring it would get cancelled soon and he would come back for a finale or final shows.

Comment by Meredith – August 29, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please say it isn’t so! Have been waiting for years for a happy ending for liz and jason after jake died,but guess thats not gonna happen. Not happy with the way the new writer ran off the best ones. Lucky, Nicolas, Robin,now Jason! Couldn’t the just do a smaller storyline so he had more time at home or time to do other things? With the way soaps are dying off,u would think they would do whatever it would take to keep the fan favorites! Not sure I will keep watching! The only way I would is if he comes back here and there,liz has a big storyline and kirsten storms come back!!

Comment by richelle – September 1, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be so nauseated if they let liz play a big emotional part in his leaving ,sick of her ,I hope it’s all about sam ,jason and there baby and keep her emo self out of his exit ,she doesn’t choose good relationships and hurts all the right ones…nauseated c/her character!

Comment by Shari – September 2, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no no no no nooooo jason shouldnt leave he is perfect for the show him and sam need to be together i grew up watching this show with him on it. gh will loose a lot of fans with out him all i can say is that i am a huge fan of “jason morgan” steve burton on gh.hopefully he can be in action packed movies and visit gh. steve ur a hell of an actor and i admior ur work!!!!!!

Comment by brittany terry – September 6, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so depressed. I have been dying to see Jason and Sam reunited with their baby and I have been watching the show for the last 24 years. I can’t believe Steve is leaving the show. It won’t be the same. How can they do this to us? I feel so jilted. This is terrible. I need to go to bed. This is awful. I watch the show for Jason and Sam, they are my favorite, I love them. I am so sad. What a sad day.

Comment by kate – September 6, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my mom is a big fan of gh i remember when i wad in the first grade when i came home from school she watched all soaps i would lay down in front of the tv eat my snack go to sleep because all soaps was nothing but sex then in the 90 they got better of doing more than sex so sad to say i started watching it with mom one life to live and gh sonny and jason and luke made the show i liked one life to live but now there taking all the good shows off and putting trash on talk shows on all channels like the dont have room for talk or food shows on other channels so why have tv at all i vote take the tv’s and throw them in the sewer or toilet thats where tv is going anyway nothing on for men like fishing or local cop shows all there is garbage on so take your vote with me and i vote take the tv’s and throw them in the sewer or toilet thanks for listing to me enjoy what you cant

Comment by SWQDXJVU – September 7, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post