Degrassi Vet Stacey Farber Joins CW's Cult

Get More: Casting News

Stacey FarberThe CW’s Cult is getting a new member.

Degrassi: The Next Generation alumna Stacey Farber has landed a recurring role on the upcoming midseason drama, TVLine has confirmed.

The meta series centers around Jeff (The Vampire Diaries‘ Matt Davis), a journalist blogger who teams with a young production assistant (Melrose Place‘s Jessica Lucas) working on a popular TV show called Cult. After his brother goes missing, the two start investigating the show’s rabid fans, who may be re-creating the crimes from the program. Farber will play tech-saavy E.J., who works with Jeff and helps him in the search for his sibling.

The actress tweeted the news of her casting on Sunday evening. “Thrilled to announce that I’ll be back on TV starting January,” she wrote. “Thank you for cheering me on.”

In addition to Degrassi, Farber also starred in the Canadian sitcom 18 to Life, which had a short run on The CW in 2010.

Comments (15)

• I loved her on Degrassi..good actress!

Comment by Erica Woodridge – August 28, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE Stacey Farber. Good for her. (Plus kudos for the 18 to Life mention. Fun, quirky little show that didn’t get much love.)

Comment by Dirk – August 28, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never seen degrassi so i am not familiar with her but this show has matt davis so it has me as a viewer.

Comment by murley – August 28, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Davis and a mystery, I’m so there!

Comment by J – August 28, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol it sucks that the only way to see degrassi kids on other things means watching the cw, but I’m still glad she’s getting work.

Comment by jay – August 28, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really thought she was gonna hit it big in America but she never did. im glad to see she got a show in the US though i like her

Comment by ggny – August 28, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t have a clue who she is nor do I care. Waiting to see Cult for Alona Tal and Matt Davis

Comment by Velvet – August 28, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love You Ellie!

Comment by a – August 28, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So that’s five Degrassi alums. I was hopeful for this series but everything I’ve heard about it just makes it sound like its horrible. The critics have mostly said its one of the worst pilots they’ve seen.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – August 28, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ellie Nash was the coolest girl to ever attend Degrassi.

Comment by JC – August 28, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish more degrassi stars would pop up on tv more often. She is one of the most deserving though. I would’ve thought Adamo Ruggiero would be more successful. Thank you Vlada for realizing degrassi exists and posting about it.

Comment by Matt – August 28, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are plenty of Degrassi actors out there.Nina Dobrev,Girl on LA Complex,Drake

Comment by Shaun – August 28, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for CULT on the CW..I wish it premiered in the fall though.

Comment by Jared – August 29, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The critics have mostly panned the Cult pilot, with 2 of them even declaring it the worst new 2012/2013 show in SpoilerTV’s poll. I’m really looking forward to this show, because it sounds like a fascinating, creepy mystery thriller with an interesting meta aspect on some fans’ obsession with TV (plus a good cast), so I was bummed about the reviews. I hope it improves dramatically after the pilot, as some shows DO take a while to find their footing (although it’s rare for a show described as one of the season’s worst to turn out good).

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – August 30, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ellie, Ellie, Ellie! <3 ya!

Comment by robert leabo – December 10, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post