Fall TV Preview

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Episodes' Mircea Monroe Back for Season 2 — Is 'Zade' in Trouble?

Hart of Dixie Mircea MonroeWade’s ex-wife isn’t leaving Bluebell anytime soon.

Mircea Monroe is set to reprise her role as Tancy for multiple episodes of Hart of Dixie‘s second season, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The bubbly blonde last appeared near the end of the CW charmer’s freshman run, where she admitted to her former hubby (played by Wilson Bethel) that she still has feelings for him. Her presence in the coming year could spell trouble for the just-hooked up Wade and Zoe — but then again, it remains to be seen which Southern stud the pint-sized doc will choose: the hot bartender or golden boy George (Scott Porter).

RELATED | Fall Preview Headquarters — Video, Photos, Schedules & More!

Monroe — whose recent TV credits include White Collar and Men at Work — currently co-stars in Showtime’s Episodes.

Hart of Dixie‘s second season bows Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8/7c.

Comments (34)

• I know i am a minority here, but I want Geoge/Zoe all the way!

Comment by omabin – August 25, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the writers want George/Zoe too. I find them to be dull together. But everyone has an opinion!

Comment by dane – August 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! The writers seem to prefer the Zoe/Gorge pairing, but I think they really are dull. Especially compared to Zoe/Wade, who are anything but.

Comment by Jane – August 25, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think sexual chemistry is something that can easily be found. Connecting on an emotional level, like Zoe and George do, is something else. That is why I am more drawn to Zoe/George, even if I don’t hate Zoe/Wade and I can certainly understand the appeal

Comment by omabin – August 25, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the writers initially planned for George/Zoe as endgame but even they must realize how smoking hot Wade/Zoe are together. I like George/Zoe and I think they’ll explore them this season but I’m hoping that Wade/Zoe end up together.

Comment by dude – August 25, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Zoe/George. Wade is too much the stereotypical bad boy. They have no real connection on any meaningful level. They just pick on each other like little kids.

Comment by Karen – August 25, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe/Wade!!!!!

Comment by KK – August 25, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am team Wade/Zoe but they cant seem to catch a break.. The writers definitely seem to want Zoe and George together… SMH

Comment by apple – August 25, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would like to see her and Zoe have to fight for Wade.

Comment by Sarah – August 25, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Tancy. But TEAM ZADE!!

Comment by qeee – August 25, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get why the writers of the show seem to love Z/G and want everyone to love them when most of the audience wants Z/W. Well, I guess as l

Comment by Jen – August 25, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get why the writers of the show seem to love Z/G and want everyone to love them.I find them very dull together and personally they don’t make me want to tune in. I always thought most of the audience wants Z/W, so why not go with that? I guess I watch a different show than the writers. Well I hope that at least my boy Wade gets a bit happiness this season.

Comment by Jen – August 25, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are really, the fans interferences are why shows are going down. Writers seem too chicken to continue to go with their vision Instead go with what fans want. Yes I agree Z/W has better chemistry and a better hook, if they get together then the show is over. The writers meant for the show to evolve around Z/W/G triangle. If they dont try to balance Z/W with Z/G then they are not going with their vision. I dont like either pairing by the way, but I think it was stupid for writers to think Z/G ever had a chance to begin with, and to continue acting they stlll do and have a better chance than Z/w is a joke,. I hate them for their weak casting, no offense to the guy who play George but he is one of the reason this triangle is laughable and stupid, we all know Wade is way ahead of George, G isnt really likeable enough too.

This is a show gone wrong, they made a big mistake now they cant go back. They need to find a strong enough love interest for Zoe that can go head to head with wade, Otherwise this is all one big laughable joke on the writers and will be a breeze for Z/W shippers, on their way to endgame.

Comment by zai – August 25, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I disagree completely. They did a great job casting all around. I for one like both George and Wade and find that Zoe is good with either one. Though I am a Zoe/Wade shipper at the present time, I have bounced around who I want Zoe with.

Comment by Ally – August 25, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the rating fell the second half of the season when the show focused on George and Zoey as a couple – it’s the show’s WEAKEST link. I think Porter is struggling w the role and because of it the writers altered Wade/Zoey character -Zoey/Wade both acted too childish and Zoey was totally annoying. I think Bethel is a great actor … he/ Bilson have great chemistry. The triangle is JOKE. I think the writers need to be more creative when it comes to Wade/Zoey because honestly they make the show.

Comment by FAITH – September 23, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe/George all the way

Comment by Brandy – August 25, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM ZADE ALL THE WAY!!!

Comment by Kris – August 25, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe and George for this girl! I actually really like Tancy and Wade, even though I think Wade and Lemon would fun. :)

Comment by Michelle – August 25, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow i watch both shows but didn’t realize until now that they were the same person

Comment by Morning – August 25, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Wade/Zoe all the way!!!

Comment by Fiona – August 25, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love George..but Zoe and Wade have way more sexual chemistry..opposites do attract in this case..cant wait for season 2.

Comment by Jared – August 25, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the writers aren’t sure who they want Zoe with but I do think they are following a common TV plot device. Zoe will first have a relationship with one man and then with the other then have a relationship with neither–it’ll be the “let’s just be friends” scenario in which Zoe dates a string of other men, perhaps occasionally seguewaying back to one of the leading two men before ending up with one in the final episode.

Comment by Ally – August 25, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, and I rather like Tancy. I think she and Lavon could really hit it off. I’d love to see Lemon sour and bitter and alone for a while.

Comment by Ally – August 25, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, I like that scenario. Tancy was a really fun sweet character. But I would rather watch Zoe/Wade chemistry. This way I get both!

Comment by Betty – August 25, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She gets naked in Magic Mike. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Comment by dude – August 25, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with some other commentors about Zoe/George being a much more realistic couple. Just because Zoe/Wade is hotter on screen, doesn’t mean they have any longevity as a couple.
    And I liked Wade’s wife so I’m glad she’s coming back for a bit.

Comment by mia – August 25, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t like Tancy at first but I did when she came back. Though I like Zoe with Wade so I hope they aren’t going for a G/Z/W/T storyline. And I have to say I saw some potential with her and Levon but he seems to be destined for his own triangle.

Interesting spelling of the actress’s first name. It’s pronounced “Mercy” right?

Comment by Jazz – August 25, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zoe and Wade are much more interesting. This show is so much fun!

Comment by Danielle H – August 26, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Zoe and Wade, but ultimately it’ll be Zoe/George; this has been telegraphed by the writers since the pilot(though I think everyone, TPTB included, has been caught off guard by the red hot sex-on-two-legs that is Wilson Bethel). It’s disappointing as I find George to be one of the most boring characters on network television.

Comment by ChrisGa – August 26, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emotional connection without sexual chemistry is called friendship. Sexual chemistry cannot be manufactured, it is organic and biological, so I would say it’s pretty darn hard to find. I think for all their arguing and flirting, Z/W have actually gotten to know each other better, flaws and all, than G/Z and still seem to like each other a whole lot at the end of the day. No matter what they might say, I think their connection goes well beyond sexual attraction and I would guess that realizing that will be their journey this season.

Maybe I’m being overly positive, but I’m actually 99.9% sure that Z/W are end game. Tansy is just going to be an obstacle to make the stakes higher and create drama until the end of the season.

Comment by Molly – August 26, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • love your comments on the show, especially the one about emotional connection=friendship and the w/Z Connection and how they are really getting to know each other without realizing it. Love them together.

Comment by Dee – December 4, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At first I liked G/Z..but as the season went on..I liked W/Z more and more…I like the whol Lemon/Lavon story…

Comment by MJO – August 26, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • George is very flirty, but he used Zoey at the time to get back at Lemon. I think Wade is more open and honest. They both are good looking , but I would hate for Wade to be hurt again so soon. .

Comment by Margie Stephens Attaway – November 2, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wade and Zoe all the way!!!!

Comment by zoe – December 29, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post