Psych Exclusive: Look Who's Crushing on Gus!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Garcelle Beauvais PsychPsych is handing Gus the ultimate Sophie’s Choice in Season 7: Parminder Nagra or Garcelle Beauvais.

The long-running USA comedy hit has tapped Beauvais (Franklin & Bash, NYPD Blue) to play a crush interest for Dule Hill’s eternal bachelor, TVLine has learned exclusively.

There’s just one problem: He’s (finally) got a steady girlfriend, played by ER alum Nagra.

VIDEO | Psych Musical Episode Deets!

Beauvais’s character, Miranda, is a confident radio station owner who aggressively flirts with Gus even though she knows he’s spoken for. (We’re going to give the edge to Nagra since she’s on board for multiple episodes, whereas Beauvais is only a one-off guest star.)

In the episode, which is slated to air midway through the show’s upcoming seventh season, Shawn (James Roday) and Gus’ favorite radio DJ is murdered and they go undercover as on-air personalities to find his killer.

Comments (23)

• Good for Gus. He deserves some attention. :)

Comment by Carrie – August 23, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Psych, but it’s secure. What about Franklin & Bash? Since the Finale been dying to know if it will see season 3 next summer.

Comment by TheDude – August 23, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Gus and Shawn as radio personalities. This should be fun.

Comment by Candice – August 23, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love Garcelle!

Comment by Jane – August 23, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know that’s right.

Comment by Kate – August 23, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It won’t be funny to me unless they both end up being raving psychos. That is my favorite running joke on the show is that Gus is always attracted to truly crazy chicks. If he dates someone who’s normal, it just won’t be as funny.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 23, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s the killer..women interested in Gus are always murderers haha

Comment by Josh – August 24, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super appropriate to call compare it to Sophie’s Choice…

Comment by Jules – August 24, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would only be a “Sophie’s Choice” if Gus had to decide which of them is going to die.

Comment by Dave – August 24, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time Gus gets some play with the women. This should be good.

Comment by Justin – August 24, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time Gus got a boo. But what about Papa Henry? I kinda want him to get back together with Sean’s mom.

Comment by Alecia Murphy (@AleciaMurphy) – August 24, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait.. and when is season seven starting

Comment by J0RDAN – August 24, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Psych. Can’t wait to see Season7!!!

Comment by Autumn Serpas – August 24, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been a fan of Dule Hill since he played Charlie on West Wing. And like West Wing, the ensemble cast in Psyche is what makes the show so great. Every single actor contributes to make it one of the best shows on TV. Even the guest stars are just right. Whoever did the casting for Psyche deserves an Emmy! Can’t wait for new season to start. I have watched all the old ones so many times I know the dialogue by heart!!!

Comment by Joan Canavan – August 25, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with everything you said. I couldn’t have said it better. The cast does make the show. I think it is the best show on TV, and I watch the old ones alot cause there is nothing else good to watch.

Comment by Judy Perrine – August 26, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Gus from day one, Shawn is a cold stone fox,,,,,Luv show!!!

Comment by Valerie Schillero – August 26, 2012 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn and Juliette have the worst intimate relationship on TV. It’s not even close to believable. Come on, they are rarely affectionate in any way. WTF?

Comment by Velvet – August 27, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because the powers-that-be don’t want to ruin the dynamic, perchance? Think about it.

Comment by John Lodge – August 27, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kind of harsh considering Roday and Lawson are a couple in real life…

Comment by Wormie – August 27, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Corbin Bernsen. I think he is my fave character on the show.

Comment by Velvet – August 27, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when henry got shot by his long friend it threw me for a loop, didn’t see that one coming. now I have to watch to find out what happens and gus better get more crazy girls, it makes it more dramatic.
    rose