Covert Affairs Hot Shots: Annie and Auggie Slow Dance in 'Emotional' Episode, and Simon's Back!

Annie Walker has certainly been mixing business with pleasure this season on Covert Affairs (USA Network, 10/9c), and she’s not about to stop any time soon. To prove it, we’ve got a sneak peek at the spy juggling her undercover romance with Simon (returning guest star Richard Coyle) and a rather romantic looking slow dance with pal Auggie.

RELATED | Exclusive: 24 Vet Jeffrey Nordling Endures Some Necessary Roughness

In the first photos from the Aug. 28 episode, titled “Loving the Alien,” Annie meets up with her faux beau in Cuba to get intel. Unfortunately, she has no backup in the foreign land. Things go even further south the following week when Arthur decides to bring Simon in after learning Jai was investigating him.

But the possible baddie isn’t the only guy on the spy gal’s plate. Come Sept. 11, Annie and Auggie will head out into the field together — and the dance floor! Chris Gorham tells TVLine the hour is “very heavy for me and maybe the most emotional episode of the year” for poor Auggie, who’s been having a rough time as of late.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts. Which guy should Annie stick with?

Comments (54)

• Cute. Check out pic #10 – they’re recreating that shot from the opening title sequence – the fancy red dress, the key card (though probably not the turn-and-smirk-to-the-camera).

Comment by wordsmith – August 20, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eyal. I still think Piper has more chemistry with Oded Fehr than she does with any of hte other men they’ve paired her up with.

Comment by Libby – August 20, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you.

Comment by Michelle – August 20, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally Agree. I really hope this simon/richard coyle story wraps up soon as imo theres no chemistery what so ever between annie and simon i find there scenes together very boring and fast forwarding through them. But i have a feeling this simon storyline is going to be season lonh :(

Comment by steve – August 20, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed on all points. ;-)

Comment by SAM – August 21, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love the storyline with Annie and Simon and sad to see the ending of it this week!

Comment by hjg – September 7, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree with you 😢

Comment by Marcia – September 7, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Annie and Simon has a lot of chemistry. Simons
          Just started opening up. I think. He didn’t expect to develop feelings for Annie. Certainly has potential in the future for Simon to return. Perhaps as a twin brother of Simon. I loved. His charms.

Comment by newfan – September 12, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her chemistry with Eyal is pretty much off the charts, but a real relationship is pretty much never going to happen for them – they’re each too devoted to their respective countries for things to get serious. Friends with benefits? Totally. Romance? Sadly, no.

Comment by wordsmith – August 20, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree with you more! Love them together. Last weeks episode was my fav so far this season.

Comment by Eliza – August 20, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN to that. And Obed Fehr May be the foxiest man that’s been on the show as well! >.<

Comment by jari – August 21, 2012 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me three!

Comment by SAM – August 21, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Let me clarify my statement: I think that Piper Perabo has the most chemistry with Oded Fehr but she still has lots of chemistry with Chris Gorham. I don’t think that she has any chemistry with Richard Coyle.

Comment by SAM – August 21, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No lies detected!

Comment by Juli – August 21, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’a 3:45 est and I can’t sleep, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to respond to your comment about Oded Fehr. As much as I’d love to see Annie and Auggie paired, there is a smoldering heat between the talented Mr. Fehr and Ms. Perabo that I’d love to see explored in greater depth. He’s not the handsomest man who has ever been on CA, but, for my money, he’s the sexiest!

Comment by Elyse – August 22, 2012 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I third that

Comment by Kelly – August 22, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not augie!!!!!

Comment by jan – August 20, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • piper perabo looks so great in red! loving the red skirt & the dress, super cute!!

Comment by Maggie – August 20, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon bores me just like Ben Mercer did.

Comment by karen – August 20, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No I think Ben Mercer was a little bit more interesting. I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one who finds Simon SO boring!

Comment by Elizabeth – August 20, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m another fan who loves Eyal and Annie together. Their chemistry is way stronger than hers with any other star or guest. I hope the producers and writers realize what a gold mine he is and sign him up for many more episodes.

Comment by Dina C. – August 20, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My TV just sizzles whenever the two of them are together!

Comment by GeoDiva – August 20, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I’ve never found Richard Coyle sexy before, but I do here, and it’s because of the chemistry.

Comment by Amy – August 30, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry but im for annie and auggie. thing is I can’t wait awhile for them to be together. want them to be the end game. :P

Comment by Rachel – August 20, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree in that they’re the couple I’m rooting for. However, I have to say that I’m enjoying where they are now – it’s just impossibly adorable and heartbreaking with Annie giving him the sad puppy eyes all the time and he’s completely clueless.

Comment by wordsmith – August 20, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am also for Annie and Auggie.

Comment by Muriel Holtquist – September 17, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon. I think Annie and Simon have great chemistry together and hope Richard Coyle can continue to be on the show for the rest of the season. I like their storyline and like the character. I think that Annie and Auggie should only have a platonic relationship. I have no interest in them becoming romantic.

Comment by Marge – August 20, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, that I have no interest in Annie and Auggie becoming romantic. I see them only as the best of friends.

Comment by Eliza – August 20, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I like Annie and Simon. There is no chemistry with Auggie. it’s forced.

Comment by MGL – September 9, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Annie and Simon together.I hope Simon does not get killed but just dissapear.Auggie and Annie would be nauseating together.Eyal should only be a fellow operative but no romantic relationship with Annie.Eyal seems guarded but Simon is mysteriously sexy.

Comment by helen – August 26, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to join the Annie with Auggie set here. He has shown he cares for her in so many ways before – always there for her ready to take risks and back up whatever she does. I like what’s happening this season, but will be truly upset if Auggie and Annie don’t come together at the end.

Comment by Gwynne – August 20, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eyal risked his life for Annie loads of times and I think they have great chemistry. I loved the character of Simon, I just think that it’s unfair to compare as he had much less screen time than the other suitors. I think Richard Coyle played Simon in an understated way and I wish they’d done some episodes where she ran away with him so he could experience being loved and then Lena came in. Oh well ! I know it ‘should’ be Auggie & Annie but I think Chris Gorham plays his character in a really condescending way and it bugs me. They should just be friends. Oded Fehr should just grab Annie and whisk her away…!

Comment by Elle – March 12, 2014 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Annie with Ben and always hoped he would come back but Auggie has been slowly stealing Annie’s heart and now I’d really like to see them together. I’m not thrilled with the Simon pairing…there just isn’t enough chemistry there.

Comment by Caro – August 20, 2012 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I propose a drinking game (you can start with these stills), every time you see a scene with Annie with her mouth open but not trying to say anything take a drink…of course please don’t take this challenge for real, because after an entire episode you will die of alcohol poisoning

Yes, I watch the show……please I’m a girl and have you seen Auggie???? But seriously I just can’t stand ‘the Piper’s vapid, slack jaw look’,…though we know why the actress favors that look, it’s been a standard for decades for a reason, but Perabo just goes overboard with it.

Comment by moobear – August 20, 2012 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • simon! they have a crazy chemistry, and exciting cat and mouse dynamics. the stiryline between annie and simon has brought some edge to the show. the scenes are electric when they are between these two, it’s such a puzzle for me how some others here don’t see it

Comment by Katy – August 21, 2012 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREE.Hope simon does not get kill. Just disappear and come back next season

Comment by Marcia – September 1, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Katy 100%. The show is awesome since Simon was added!

Comment by Cathy – September 3, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie and Auggie, I mean that was confirmed in the first few episodes of the show if the first. There is no other.

Comment by Hojana – August 21, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember watching Coyle on Coupling (the British version) and thinking he was such a doof. But he’s crazy hot on this show and the chemistry with Perabo’s Annie is really great. I’m all for those two, he adds something extra to the show. I love Auggie, but I think it would ruin the show if Annie and Auggie got together

Comment by Anne – August 21, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to stop watching because I LOATHE Annie/Auggie. They are the epitome of a forced pairing.

Comment by Juli – August 21, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zzzzzzzzzz so she is paired with this older looking and not so hot looking guy, what is his name, Simon?. we all know hey are just going to go for Annie and Auggie in the end anyway, so they are just using these less threatening detractors to get the clock moving and avoid “moonlighting effect” until the final seasons and get A &A together. .

Comment by Zai – August 21, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where would the show go once Annie is paired with Auggie? The writers would paint themselves in a corner as Zai stated the “Moonlighting” effect that ruined that show once Cybil did the deed. To remain valid and provide stories to remain on the air the show must have a few “what ifs”. I love Simon so much because he is a gray character. Is he playing Annie or falling in love despite his common sense? Can they have a relationship similiar to Julia Roberts and Clive Owen in their spys-in-love movie? We love E because he is a good spy but Simon is all shades of mystery which this show needs to remain interesting and to stay valid on USA’s schedule. Otherwise it becomes a love story between two agents…Annie and Auggie.

Comment by nene – August 21, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nene you hit it right on the nail!

Comment by Cathy – September 3, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my opinion Annie combines more with Eyal, they should stay together.

Comment by Emanuela – August 24, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it VERY difficult to shake his character from Coupling.

Comment by John – August 28, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My love for CA had waned CONSIDERABLY before Simon came on board. He is SMOKING INSANE HOT and although I used to yearn for the A/A pairing, I now couldn’t care less. The casting of RC is brilliant and he has absolutely nailed the character in every frame. (Freeze his look of surprise when Annie walks to the passenger door at the end of ep 304…’nuff said.). It’s easy to tell that he’s honed his craft with timing, mannerisms and gestures mastered. USA would be foolish to let him go. :)

Comment by Melissa – September 1, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shattered absoluty shattered . Off to find a movie starring Robert/simon. Not sure if I will be back

Comment by moderngoddess – October 10, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. Richard Coyle is a fantastic actor. I cannot understand why some people on here think he and PP don’t have chemstry – I think they have it in spades! I love his character, a real combination of intelligence, edge and sexiness. Auggie is sweet but … meh. CA needs Annie to have a dangerous liasion in order for it to be interesting.

Comment by Minky – October 14, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was never a big fan of Covert Affairs until this season and it’s due to adding the new character, Simon. He and Annie have dynamic chemistry which comes right out of the screen! I would like to see those two stay together. I never liked the idea of Auggie and Annie together, boring. I thought Eyal was a good match but nothing like she and Simon. I will definitely purchase Season 3 when it becomes availalbe. Don’t lose that character!

Comment by Cathy – September 3, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Simon! Don’t kill him off !!!!

Comment by Alex – September 4, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actally like auggie and Annie better I’m not saying I don’t like Simon I just think that Annie never has been really close with her beaus and never spends a long amount of time with them unlike with auggie

Comment by anynomous – September 11, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Simon Black in THE future. Richard Coyle is a Amazing actor, I love Him!

Comment by Renata – October 7, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post