Covert Affairs Hot Shots: Annie and Auggie Slow Dance in 'Emotional' Episode, and Simon's Back!

Annie Walker has certainly been mixing business with pleasure this season on Covert Affairs (USA Network, 10/9c), and she’s not about to stop any time soon. To prove it, we’ve got a sneak peek at the spy juggling her undercover romance with Simon (returning guest star Richard Coyle) and a rather romantic looking slow dance with pal Auggie.

RELATED | Exclusive: 24 Vet Jeffrey Nordling Endures Some Necessary Roughness

In the first photos from the Aug. 28 episode, titled “Loving the Alien,” Annie meets up with her faux beau in Cuba to get intel. Unfortunately, she has no backup in the foreign land. Things go even further south the following week when Arthur decides to bring Simon in after learning Jai was investigating him.

But the possible baddie isn’t the only guy on the spy gal’s plate. Come Sept. 11, Annie and Auggie will head out into the field together — and the dance floor! Chris Gorham tells TVLine the hour is “very heavy for me and maybe the most emotional episode of the year” for poor Auggie, who’s been having a rough time as of late.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts. Which guy should Annie stick with?

1. wordsmith says:

Cute. Check out pic #10 – they’re recreating that shot from the opening title sequence – the fancy red dress, the key card (though probably not the turn-and-smirk-to-the-camera).

2. Libby says:

Eyal. I still think Piper has more chemistry with Oded Fehr than she does with any of hte other men they’ve paired her up with.

3. jan says:

not augie!!!!!

4. Maggie says:

piper perabo looks so great in red! loving the red skirt & the dress, super cute!!

5. karen says:

Simon bores me just like Ben Mercer did.

• Elizabeth says:

No I think Ben Mercer was a little bit more interesting. I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one who finds Simon SO boring!

6. Dina C. says:

I’m another fan who loves Eyal and Annie together. Their chemistry is way stronger than hers with any other star or guest. I hope the producers and writers realize what a gold mine he is and sign him up for many more episodes.

7. Rachel says:

sorry but im for annie and auggie. thing is I can’t wait awhile for them to be together. want them to be the end game. :P

8. Marge says:

Simon. I think Annie and Simon have great chemistry together and hope Richard Coyle can continue to be on the show for the rest of the season. I like their storyline and like the character. I think that Annie and Auggie should only have a platonic relationship. I have no interest in them becoming romantic.

• Eliza says:

Agree, that I have no interest in Annie and Auggie becoming romantic. I see them only as the best of friends.

• helen says:

I love Annie and Simon together.I hope Simon does not get killed but just dissapear.Auggie and Annie would be nauseating together.Eyal should only be a fellow operative but no romantic relationship with Annie.Eyal seems guarded but Simon is mysteriously sexy.

9. Gwynne says:

I have to join the Annie with Auggie set here. He has shown he cares for her in so many ways before – always there for her ready to take risks and back up whatever she does. I like what’s happening this season, but will be truly upset if Auggie and Annie don’t come together at the end.

• Elle says:

Eyal risked his life for Annie loads of times and I think they have great chemistry. I loved the character of Simon, I just think that it’s unfair to compare as he had much less screen time than the other suitors. I think Richard Coyle played Simon in an understated way and I wish they’d done some episodes where she ran away with him so he could experience being loved and then Lena came in. Oh well ! I know it ‘should’ be Auggie & Annie but I think Chris Gorham plays his character in a really condescending way and it bugs me. They should just be friends. Oded Fehr should just grab Annie and whisk her away…!

10. Caro says:

I loved Annie with Ben and always hoped he would come back but Auggie has been slowly stealing Annie’s heart and now I’d really like to see them together. I’m not thrilled with the Simon pairing…there just isn’t enough chemistry there.

11. moobear says:

I propose a drinking game (you can start with these stills), every time you see a scene with Annie with her mouth open but not trying to say anything take a drink…of course please don’t take this challenge for real, because after an entire episode you will die of alcohol poisoning

Yes, I watch the show……please I’m a girl and have you seen Auggie???? But seriously I just can’t stand ‘the Piper’s vapid, slack jaw look’,…though we know why the actress favors that look, it’s been a standard for decades for a reason, but Perabo just goes overboard with it.

12. Katy says:

simon! they have a crazy chemistry, and exciting cat and mouse dynamics. the stiryline between annie and simon has brought some edge to the show. the scenes are electric when they are between these two, it’s such a puzzle for me how some others here don’t see it

13. Hojana says:

Annie and Auggie, I mean that was confirmed in the first few episodes of the show if the first. There is no other.

14. Anne says:

I remember watching Coyle on Coupling (the British version) and thinking he was such a doof. But he’s crazy hot on this show and the chemistry with Perabo’s Annie is really great. I’m all for those two, he adds something extra to the show. I love Auggie, but I think it would ruin the show if Annie and Auggie got together

15. Juli says:

I had to stop watching because I LOATHE Annie/Auggie. They are the epitome of a forced pairing.

16. Zai says:

Zzzzzzzzzz so she is paired with this older looking and not so hot looking guy, what is his name, Simon?. we all know hey are just going to go for Annie and Auggie in the end anyway, so they are just using these less threatening detractors to get the clock moving and avoid “moonlighting effect” until the final seasons and get A &A together. .

17. nene says:

Where would the show go once Annie is paired with Auggie? The writers would paint themselves in a corner as Zai stated the “Moonlighting” effect that ruined that show once Cybil did the deed. To remain valid and provide stories to remain on the air the show must have a few “what ifs”. I love Simon so much because he is a gray character. Is he playing Annie or falling in love despite his common sense? Can they have a relationship similiar to Julia Roberts and Clive Owen in their spys-in-love movie? We love E because he is a good spy but Simon is all shades of mystery which this show needs to remain interesting and to stay valid on USA’s schedule. Otherwise it becomes a love story between two agents…Annie and Auggie.

18. Emanuela says:

In my opinion Annie combines more with Eyal, they should stay together.

19. John says:

I find it VERY difficult to shake his character from Coupling.

20. Melissa says:

My love for CA had waned CONSIDERABLY before Simon came on board. He is SMOKING INSANE HOT and although I used to yearn for the A/A pairing, I now couldn’t care less. The casting of RC is brilliant and he has absolutely nailed the character in every frame. (Freeze his look of surprise when Annie walks to the passenger door at the end of ep 304…’nuff said.). It’s easy to tell that he’s honed his craft with timing, mannerisms and gestures mastered. USA would be foolish to let him go. :)

• moderngoddess says:

Shattered absoluty shattered . Off to find a movie starring Robert/simon. Not sure if I will be back

• Minky says:

Completely agree. Richard Coyle is a fantastic actor. I cannot understand why some people on here think he and PP don’t have chemstry – I think they have it in spades! I love his character, a real combination of intelligence, edge and sexiness. Auggie is sweet but … meh. CA needs Annie to have a dangerous liasion in order for it to be interesting.

21. Cathy says:

I was never a big fan of Covert Affairs until this season and it’s due to adding the new character, Simon. He and Annie have dynamic chemistry which comes right out of the screen! I would like to see those two stay together. I never liked the idea of Auggie and Annie together, boring. I thought Eyal was a good match but nothing like she and Simon. I will definitely purchase Season 3 when it becomes availalbe. Don’t lose that character!

22. Alex says:

I love Simon! Don’t kill him off !!!!

23. anynomous says:

I actally like auggie and Annie better I’m not saying I don’t like Simon I just think that Annie never has been really close with her beaus and never spends a long amount of time with them unlike with auggie

24. Renata says:

I hope Simon Black in THE future. Richard Coyle is a Amazing actor, I love Him!