Did True Blood Break Your Hoyt? No Bad Luck for Walt? Who's TV's Top Misogynist? And More Qs

Jim Parrack True BloodWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including True Blood, Breaking Bad, the Today show, Rookie Blue, Falling Skies, Burn Notice and more!

1 | Was there any doubt that Common Law‘s Wes and Travis would work through their issues, over one last bit of thug-busting bravado? On that same note: Great shoot-out montage!

2 | True Blood permanently pulling the plug on Jessica and Hoyt (not to mention Hoyt and Jason!), is both heartbreaking and a little confusing, right? Of all the actors to write off, they chose the fantastic Jim Parrack? That said, Hoyt’s goodbye glamouring was beautifully executed.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Private Practice, Gossip Girl, Vamp Diaries, HIMYM and More

3 | How was Breaking Bad‘s bug-planting Walt able to count on Hank both drawing the blinds in his office and slipping out for a few minutes? And how was Jesse able to measure out the exact place along the train tracks to siphon the methylamine when Lydia didn’t obtain the manifest until much later?

4 | Given Douglas’ disdain for his father’s infidelity on Political Animals, wasn’t it a bit out of character for him to cheat on his fiancée, and with the reporter who spent most of her career eviscerating his mom for standing by her man? (Then again, since it got us another shirtless scene with James Wolk, why again are we nitpicking?) Meanwhile, has Dylan Baker’s smarmy veep somehow surpassed Brett Cullen’s White Collar “cave” manager as this summer’s most thankless role?

RELATED | Exclusive Political Animals Finale Sneak Peek: Can TJ Be Saved from Old Demons?

Tom Arnold Roseanne5 | Wasn’t the reunion between Tom Arnold and Roseanne on Comedy Central’s Roast surprisingly touching? And can we agree that a CC roast isn’t really a roast without the Queen of Mean, Lisa Lampanelli?

| After watching Sunday’s Drop Dead Diva – not to mention the new Dexter trailer -- we ask again: Why doesn’t Enver Gjokaj have his own show? For the short term, can he play wannabe veep Paul Ryan for SNL?

| Is “awesome” the new “thank you” in response to, “I love you”? Parks and Rec got the ball rolling last year with Andy’s “Awesomesauce,” then we had Awkward, and now Animal Practice. Speaking of Awkward, are you as conflicted as we are about Jenna kissing Matty? We love them, but man, she really didn’t wait long after Jake dumped her to smooch her ex.

RELATED | Ratings: Animal Practice Monkeys Around With 12.8 Million

Falling Skies8 | Are you loving Falling Skies‘ surprisingly subtle but sweet Tom/Anne romance as much as we are?

9 | How fun — and almost startling — was it to see Major Crimes‘ Provenza crack the whip at the crime scene and, best of all, give Raydor some serious lip? But really, would Brenda have left behind such a trove of sweets? We think not.

10 | Speaking of Brenda, what happened to her assurance, in The Closer‘s series finale, that the Major Crimes team would follow through on the hunt for Rusty’s mother? Because come spin-off time, not one of them seemed in the loop.

11 | Is it possible that Jerry Jacks is not back on General Hospital to wreak havoc on the Port Charles denizens, but rather to force them to find a cure for his seemingly untreatable illness? Maybe he’s just a big ol’ demented softie at heart.

12 | Has there been a more disgusting display of misogyny on TV this summer than Bachelor Pad denizen Chris’ attempt to “juggle” three women? And who’d have thought Blakely would turn out to be the underdog worth rooting for?

13 | Wren pursing Hanna on Pretty Little Liars feels weird, yes?

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: 25 Fresh Faces That Are on Our Radar — and Should Be on Yours

14 | As much as we love Neal Caffrey’s elusive ways, didn’t White Collar let him dodge just a few too many bullets this week? He stole a piece of art from under the FBI’s nose.

LA Complex Jewel Staite15 | Was there a more disturbing image on TV than The L.A. Complex‘s Raquel being asked to “squat and cough” by a police officer, while naked, after being arrested for a DUI?

16 | Wouldn’t it have been nice if The Ballet Boys had done just a little homework before joining the So You Think You Can Dance judges’ table? At a bare minimum, learn the contestants’ names.

17 | Didn’t Team 5′s black-and-white-with-a-dash-of-color collection on Project Runway look like a bunch of dressed-up waiters, not professional office workers?

18 | So, the telenovela queen on Burn Notice this week (in, admittedly, her first English-speaking role) — was that a so-so actress playing a bad actress, a good actress playing a so-so actress…?

19 | Which Rookie Blue moment made you tear up the most: Oliver saving a seat for Jerry? Traci and Gail’s heart-to-heart in the hospital? Traci tearfully reading Jerry’s wedding toast? Sam breaking up with Andy? Or E) All of the above?

20 | Can’t you just hear it now, Game of Thrones‘ Mance Rayder saying, “Can ya gimme a boost up this Wall, Sugar”?

21 | Al Roker’s on-air dig at Matt Lauer for throwing ex-Today host Ann Curry under the bus: tacky much?

GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. ciffer says:

whatever, I’d rather Hoyt leave now than have him stick around only to get chased by an Ifrit next season

• AT says:

I thought that was such a well-written and acted scene! I like Hoyt but after the crazy path they took him down this season (fang-banger to hate-groupie), I’m not sure what good story line he could have left. And while it was well-done, I wish instead of erasing Jason, he just erased his relationship with Jessica (he wouldn’t hate Jason if he didn’t know he had been with Jessica first, right?).

Also, I am soooo loving the Sookie-Jason scenes this season! Their scenes and the fairy mystery they are chasing is very reminiscent of the first season, which I love!

• Mary says:

Erasing Jason from his memory was what broke my heart! I can understand erasing Jessica, but erasing all memory of his friendship and basically turning Jason into a stranger was just too much. The acting in that scene and the one where Jason stops Hoyt on the road was amazing.

• lorna says:

Well said. That wasa great way to wrap Hoyt’s arc up. Glad they did not kill him off. It broke my heart with a distraught Jason. Used to love Jessica, I’m hit and miss with her now, would rather her have left. Good episode, and even Tara was not annoying!

2. Deena says:

Oh come on, Al Roker’s dig on Matt was the best thing on that show in a long time. Good for Al for showing viewers not everyone agrees with what is going on there.

3. Sara says:

19 | Which Rookie Blue moment made you tear up the most: Oliver saving a seat for Jerry? Traci and Gail’s heart-to-heart in the hospital? Traci tearfully reading Jerry’s wedding toast? Sam breaking up with Andy? Or E) All of the above?

All of the above. The absolute WORST part for my mom and me though was the wedding toast, and then Sam breaking up with Andy. I was legitimately bawling my eyes out at that point. I STILL can’t believe Jerry died. And now I have to mourn Sam and Andy breaking up too??? What the BALLS. If it keeps going on this way I’m not sure how much more I can watch! I don’t wanna be a crying mess every week :( DAMN YOU ROOKIE BLUE DAMN YOU.

• Maggie says:

oh my gosh agreed. all of the above & I was totally wrecked by the end. the episode was incredibly well acted from top to bottom. loved the moment between oliver & traci after he mentioned Jerry’s peanuts & traci said “jerry’s allergic to peanuts, what are you trying to kill him?” i loved gail touching traci’s arm & taking over reading the speech when she could tell traci was falling apart. and jerry’s words, oh my gosh, “you’ve taken this simple man & made him a king”, wow.

• reaperfan2012 says:

lol! What the balls indeed.

4. Erin says:

I adore Wren on PLL and am not bothered by the idea of him and Hannah. I think he would be a definite step up from Caleb, and any plotline that gets him more screen time is fine by me.

• Russ says:

I like Wren but I’m not feeling the chemistry of Wrennah. But I’m not opposed to exploring it.

• Curly Girly says:

What is with all of the older men on PLL falling in love with TEENAGERS??? First Ezra and Aria, and now Wren and Hannah?? YUCK!!

5. dude says:

13: It’s weird in the sense that he’s a 20-something doctor who’s onto his second underage minor in the span of a year. That said, I think they are really cute and a huge step-up from Caleb.

15: Very, very disturbing.

19: ALL OF THE ABOVE! Andy/Sam admittedly wasn’t that touching but the rest of it was so heartbreaking. Traci/Gail really knocked it out of the park in this episode. They were so heartbreaking.

6. dude says:

I’ve got another question: How could Aylin NOT win The Glee Project? Not over it.

7. I find Wren going after Hanna way less creepy than Wren going after his ex-fiance’s little already-in-a-relationship sister. And turn about’s fair play; Toby and Jason were Emily and Aria’s boys first, and now they’re Spencer’s (in very different ways, of course), and the other week she was flirting with Caleb; in the great Pretty Little Liars tradition of passing around your excess men, she’s a little remiss in her reciprocation. Alex took off, Ian’s dead, and while she’s shown Toby around she isn’t ready to let go of him yet, so that leaves Wren. And with Aria having family related Ezra problems this go-round instead of third wheel problems, and with Emily liking girls (although that’s apparently flexible lately), Hanna’s the available option.

See? It’s only logical.

8. Drewer says:

Rookie Blue was sad this week, but not as heart-breaking as last week, and I was just a little distracted this week, with trying to figure out what the name of Frank and Noelle’s baby’s name was-they never said it. So this week wasn’t as sad as Tracie last week remarking that Jerry would want a kid as Tracie held the baby, right after everyone else had learned of his death.
    AND YES WREN is sort of a creep, He’s old enough to be a resident and Hanna’s in highschool, he’s got to be older than Ezra, and while it is easy to see why he might fall for a mature, intelligent Spencer (not to mention older looking Troin Belsario), especially givin how normal and adult she looks next to Mellissa, it feels very predatory when he hits on Hanna.

9. Alicia says:

From your lips to Lorne Michaels’ ears. Love me some Enver Gjokaj.

10. Rachel says:

12. Chris from Bachelor Pad is absolutely disgusting. I find myself having to mute the tv every time he comes on the screen.
    13. I actually find Wren and Hanna to be kind of cute. He’s hot, she’s hot so just let it happen. He seems like a great guy and certainly a step up from Hanna’s toxic relationship with Caleb. I just think it’s funny that the people who are bashing the idea of them together are the ones that are crazy for Ezra/Aria. It’s about the same age difference and he used to be her teacher. I find them to be way more creepy than Hanna and Wren.

• Lani says:

Agree with you about #13 completely! From the beginning I’ve never liked Ezra/Aria, i wish they would revisit her and Jason. Wren and Hanna are pretty cute!

• lorna says:

Aria looks 12 to me, can never take her serious. She did have chemistry with hot Jason,t hough. I like Hannah with Wren and Caleb. Why do people diss on Caleb, he is a good guy.

11. Kim R says:

9. Major Crimes was excellent. Basically The Closer without Brenda. AND Brenda did have some “major” things going on to remember her candy drawer. :)
    14. I thought the same thing. It kind of bugged me.
    19. “E”. And I must say Oliver kills me. I love that guy. :)

12. Magically Suspicious says:

2. The Hoyt/Jessica/Jason scene was heartbreaking.

21. Al Roker is an ass.

13. jane says:

I can’t explain why, but I actually love Hanna and Wren. I never really cared about any of the romances on this show until those two started interacting. In real life it would definitely be skeevy for Wren to be into Hanna, but whatever. It seems that with age differences, anything on this show goes haha. Hanna and Caleb are fine but I’m getting tired of the same three couples (spoby, ezria, and haleb) all the time, so I’m ready for something new. And Wren is adorable. :)

14. Renee says:

2. Hoyt…sob.
    6. Love Enver Gjokaj.

15. Lana says:

The Hoyt/Jessica/Jason scene and the Hoyt/Jason scene were the best scenes of the whole season. So sad!

16. Ace says:

I have got to start watching Rookie Blue *BEFORE* I read the TVQs. Sam dumps Andy? What the heck!?! Surely this is only temporary… right?

And yes, absolutely, MORE ENVER!!! I love that guy. (-:

17. maggie says:

9. Fritz was the one packing up Brenda’s office, so he may have left the candy there.
    Brenda kept Provenza on staff because he knows what he’s doing, when he bothers to do it.

10, Sharon was new to the squad and didn’t know about Brenda’s promise. That doesn’t mean the other members of the squad didn’t know or weren’t looking.

14. If Neal hadn’t called Peter, he would have been in major trouble. But the fact that Peter knew why Neal did what he did (he was blackmailed) was in Neal’s favor.

18. stella says:

All of rookie blue was heartbreaking. Mostly the speech he wrote and Traci read, and Gail and Traci in the hospital. I was a mess watching it, used like 10 tissues. So sad!

19. Becky says:

15: Is that normal? Do officers ask inmates to squat and cough naked? I can’t wait for the next episode! It’s going to be interesting to see Raquel in the Celebrity Rehab show.

20. LG says:

Dumping Ann the way they did was Tacky! Rocker getting in his passive aggressive dig was refreshing! Nice work, Al! Making a decision because you think it is good business is understandable….humiliating a woman on a national scale is atrocious! Work hard but be nice!