ABC Family Orders More Bunheads, Renews Switched at Birth and 2 Others, Cancels Jane

Get More: News, Renewals

Somewhere, Amy Sherman-Palladino is doing a happy dance.

ABC Family has ordered additional episodes of the Gilmore Girls creator’s ballerina tale Bunheads. Additionally, the cabler has renewed Melissa & Joey, Switched at Birth and Baby Daddy, while Jane By Design has been given the ax.

VIDEO | Watch Bunheads‘ Big Finale Dance Number Now!

The Bunheads extension (which is rumored to be around eight episodes) ensures that Monday’s episode will be a summer and not a series finale. The Sutton Foster-Kelly Bishop dramedy is expected to resume production in October and return on air in early ’13.

Melissa & Joey will be heading into its third season, while Switched at Birth and Baby Daddy will both be entering Season 2. (The second half of SaB‘s rookie season bows Sept. 3; Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey wrap Season 1 and Season 2, respectively, on Aug. 29.)

Finally, the decision to pull the plug on the struggling Jane By Design comes just weeks after the show ended its first season with 1.2 million viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, representing half of its Pretty Little Liars lead-in.

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Hit the comments!

Comments (253)

• Whoo Hoo!! Love Bunheads and Switched at Birth!

Comment by Laura – August 17, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Switched at Birth and like Bunheads. It will be pushed into my love category if a great romantic storyline can be weaved in…like rory/Jess or Lorelai/Luke.

Comment by Melosm – August 17, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you… bring on the love!!

Comment by Laura – August 17, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree about the love storyline. I do like Boo and the Astaire kid. But I don’t know about Michelle. They need a good love storyline for her. Wish they had not killed off Hubble. I liked them together.

Comment by Sandris – August 17, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I was okay with killing off Hubble when I thought they were going to spend a little more time exploring the effects of his death on Michelle and Fanny, but I think the writers dropped that element too quickly for it to be worth the lack of romance. As a result, Michelle’s storylines feel inconsequential, even in this low-stakes setting. This show needs a stronger relationship, even if it’s Michelle and Fanny; something for us to really care about, like Lorelai and Rory, Luke and Lorelai, Lorelai and her parents, Rory and Dean/Jess…

Comment by bondfool – August 18, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I totally agree with you and I thought I was the only one who felt this way. It just doesn’t seem realistic that the reactions to Hub’s death were basically glossed over.

Comment by Kim – August 21, 2012 04:11 AM PDT
          • I agree. I loved Gilmore Girls (and still do) and I am loving Bunheads, but I loved what Hubble brought to Michelle. As far as Lorelai and Luke—-more. These shows take the sting of reality away and you can just drift off into another world.

Comment by Pamelia Curry – September 23, 2012 11:46 PM PDT
      • I have enjoyed Bunheads. But no comparison to Luke & Loralie. Would love another season, can they get Scott Patterson??!!

Comment by Darleen – August 23, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very Glad to see “BUNHEADS” coming back..

Comment by Mike – September 30, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So sad to see that Jane by Design is cancelled. I really enjoyed watching that show. Please bring it back!

Comment by carol sharma – November 12, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think this is backwards! LOVED Gilmore Girls, but Gilmore Girls had something Bunheads is totally missing. Bunheads is too harsh and focuses on the kids too much whereas Gilmore Girls handled both age groups much better. Additionally, am very sad to hear that Jane by Design has been cancelled. What were they thinking?

Comment by Wiley – January 19, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        •  Additionally, am very sad to hear that Jane by Design has been cancelled. What were they thinking?

Ah!!!! Hallo?!??!? Didn’t you know about the Illuminati controlling major TV shows out there,……You will never see a good TV show (Jane by design, Wedding band, Dollhouse, Chuck, and so on) lasting longer, but most of the time you’ll see repetitive and unoriginal TV shows that reflect social conditioning, because that’s the Illuminati propaganda.

Comment by PorciCity – February 5, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Jane by design! It was my favorite! I just wish there was more to it! To know what happens next!

Comment by Sarah – July 2, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well , i guess those are bad news for jane by design,right ?

Comment by mc joãozinho (@joaotc) – August 17, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? I’m scared.

Comment by Jill – August 17, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NO. JANE BY DESIGN.

Comment by Mad as hell – August 17, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I do not agree that they ax Jane by Design, I totally enjoyed the show and I am disappointed it was cancelled. Please bring it back.

Comment by Nicole Jordan – September 3, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with you! I really liked Jane by Design so much more that Baby Daddy!? Ugh, I’m really happy to see Taij working but I’m so not a fan of baby daddy

Comment by oleeay – September 10, 2012 12:00 PM PDT
          • I agree Jane by Esign was awesome they totally should not have cancelled. And I don’t get why they are keeping Bunheads it is not that good and def not better than JBD

Comment by Katie – September 13, 2012 04:46 PM PDT
          • I’m super sad that they are cancelling Jane by design too!!! i was really looking forward to the new season! :( they should bring it back. I’m glad that Bun heads is coming back though, but they should definately have kept JBD as well.

Comment by Veronica – December 8, 2012 10:34 PM PDT
    • Since Switched at Birth started, been searching for Jane by Design. What were the executives thinking? Jane by Design was terrific, and they bring back BUNHEADS? Please, stick me with a fork, I’m done with trying to understand this network.

Comment by Wiley – January 19, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah! More Bunheads!

Comment by Mindy – August 17, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Officially over the moon about Bunheads, Does this mean a second season or just more episodes to come in this one? I mean, the finale is next week…

Comment by Houman Sadri – August 17, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering that myself. Perhaps the finale will become the mid-season finale.

Comment by ClearlyDemented – August 17, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This means that this monday is the season break not the season finale. ABC picked up 8 more episodes to finish out the season (affectionately known as “picking up the back end of the season”) which I’m guessing will probably air somewhere around January. The next eight episodes will still be season one. A season two renewal would be a different thing. So let’s keep our fingers crossed that the ratings are solid and that Amy Sherman Palladino can clean up the show a little bit so that it gets a little more buzz.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 17, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • got to say I was very happy to see a new bunheads being aired. I really good show. so glad it isn’t cancelled.

Comment by Robin – January 16, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it means that season 1 will resume during the winter or sometime later in the year with additional episodes. I guess it’s even better than a season 2 renewal, cause it means they want it back on screen sooner than next summer.

Comment by TM – August 17, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Bunheads, Switched At Birth, Melissa & Joey, and Baby’s Daddy! So this is all fantastic news. Curious about Jane By Design though. I wouldn’t mind that being renewed!

Comment by Anony – August 17, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news about Switched At Birth and Melissa & Joey. Any news as to when Switched At Birth will start airing season 2?

Comment by Vannesa – August 17, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Switched at Birth returns with new episodes on September 3. The new eps are still considered part of season 1 though. I would guess season 2 would start either in January or sometime next spring.

Comment by guest – August 17, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great for Melissa & Joey :)

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – August 17, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE BUNHEADS!

Comment by jamie – August 17, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Jane By Design? I need more episodes!

Comment by Luciano – August 17, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about the Bunheads renewal – good to know next week’s episode won’t be the series finale.

Comment by BH – August 17, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • guessing this isnt good for Jane By Design since it would probably be between its and Bunheads

Comment by ggny – August 17, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! We needed more Bunheads!!!!!

Comment by Kirsten – August 17, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth is back September 3rd ;-)

Comment by Emily – August 17, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Baby Daddy!!! Great news!!!

Comment by Eric – August 17, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renewed or not, next Monday episode will be the last one for me. I love Gilmore girls but Bunheads is just bad.

Comment by Jana – August 17, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you are going to watch one more episode of a show you don’t like? You sound super smart.

Comment by Jay – August 17, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK you Jana!

Comment by Wiley – January 19, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news since I watch all of those.

Comment by Linda – August 17, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo! I love these 4 shows, so I’m thrilled!

Comment by Lorie – August 17, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • some sites are reporting that JBD has official been canceled

Comment by ggny – August 17, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you have any link(s)? “Some sites” is hard to Google lol

Comment by Danyelle – August 17, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nick Roux posted on his twitter acc (@TheRealNickRoux ):

“Want my #rouxers to hear this from me first. #JaneByDesign will NOT be coming back for a 2nd season”.

Officially depressed!

Comment by Rah – August 17, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I literally shouted, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” when I read JBD was cancelled. I just started watching it last week and it is SO good! UGH! ABC FAMILY!

Comment by Ari – August 18, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Jane by

Comment by Ginaa – August 18, 2012 09:06 PM PDT
          • Jane by Design was garbage. They made the right decision.

Comment by Ginaa – August 18, 2012 09:07 PM PDT
          • Soooo sad. I wouldn’t find out what happens to Billly and Jane-Jane & Eli-Jane & Jeremy-Jeremy and India-India & Eli-Rita & Ben- Billy and gf-and what happens after Gray finds out Jane designing in her high school drama club? It’s very upsetting, frustrating. ABC PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! It’s a mistake JBD have a lot of fans!

Comment by Cez Lazaro – October 4, 2012 02:41 PM PDT
        • Officially depressed to say the least! I love this show! I think they need to re-evaluate and listen to the fan base! So many new fans who just barely caught on due to netflix. Please bring it back! Sign the petitions peeps theres a bunch out there and the creator of the show tweeted back she really appreciated the support
          !

Comment by Meadow Monioz – August 30, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah bunheads, boo jane by design is gone. watched faithfully every week. Never watch baby daddy and liars, switched at birth is a little boring.

Comment by jules – September 13, 2012 02:04 PM PDT
        • I’m very disappointed that I will not find out what happens to Billy and Jane and Jame and Eli. It’s just very upsetting. I came to love the show. I think it was a mistake to not give them more seasons on tv. We need to see JBD back. Please bing it back.

Comment by Cez Lazaro – October 4, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Baby Daddy!!! \o/

Comment by AnaB – August 17, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Jane By Design leaves. #notthatgoodofashow YESS BABY DADDDYS STAYING!!!! :D

Comment by Bariul – August 17, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t watch Bunheads..but happy to hear the rest of the shows have been renewed. According to ABCF press release..the comedy’s and Dramas new seasons will be airing Spring 2013.

Comment by Jared – August 17, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for more Melissa & Joey! It’s the perfect summer show–cheesy comedy goodness starring two people I adored back in my tween days!

Comment by Brittany – August 17, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think MJH and Joey Lawrence are great together. It’s a funny, cute little show for sure. Happy it will be back.

Comment by Eliza – August 17, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bunheads is only okay, it’s nothing compared to Gilmore Girls. LOVE Switched at Birth, but also curious about Jane by Design. It’s a pretty cute show. My favorites remain Pretty Little Liars and Lying Game though. Unfortunately, ABC Family always cancels awesome shows too soon (Wildfire, Beautiful People, 10 Things I Hate About You, Make It Or Break It, Falcon Beach…and Greek, though I guess that show had run long enough).

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – August 17, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah it was just updated with news of Jane By Design’s cancellation. Oh well, guess we’ll never see the result of her co-workers finding out she’s in high school.

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – August 17, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eh, wasn’t really that curious. Kinda glad it’s gone :x

Comment by Ginaa – August 18, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget when they axed Kyle XY out of nowhere.

Comment by Babybop – August 17, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved Kyle XY!

Comment by Eliza – August 17, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I think I only watch Bunheads because I loved Gilmore Girls so much, but the show really isn’t that great. I think it’s because while Sutton Foster is great, she’s no Lauren Graham who was perfect as Lorelai. Foster is just too awkward and it makes the show disjointed to me. I say this, though, as a 31 year old watching the show, so maybe I’m just too old for it.

Comment by Beth – August 17, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve tried to look at her through Hubbel’s eyes, but all I see is Olive Oyl.

Comment by Templar – August 17, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL! Isn’t it funny that we all love the one character on the show that can never come back? God, I miss Hubble… Alan Ruck, yer my hero… Don’t die, Mercutio!!! Don’t die!!!

Comment by Sasha – August 18, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m 35, but I also work in a dance studio and LOVE all things dance. There need to be more shows like Bunheads so girls can see that there are sports outside volleyball, basketball and cheerleading that they are offered at school.

Comment by Anna – August 21, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so happy about this! i love switched at birth.

Comment by kay – August 17, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth YEAAAA DOING MY HAPPY DANCE! LOL

Comment by Marlyn M. Ruiz-Castro – August 17, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE SWITCHED AT BIRTH

Comment by SHER – January 5, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My 15-yr old daughter is now in mourning about Jane By Design. What is sad is the Bunheads is completely unwatchable and it stays.

Comment by GeoDiva – August 17, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.

Comment by Depressed – August 17, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bunheads is not unwatchable…

Comment by Emily – August 17, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I gave Bunheads a try. After the fourth episode I just couldn’t take it any more and I love ASP, Kelly Bishop and Sutton Foster.

Comment by GeoDiva – August 17, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those damn hormones, haha. She’ll get over it.

Comment by Ginaa – August 18, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #SaveJaneByDesign! :(

Comment by Renato Andrade – August 17, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know!!! we need more of it!!!

Comment by SAVEJANEANDBILLY – August 17, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO happy Bunheads is safe. Glad that Baby Daddy and Melissa and Joey are renewed too, they make a good summer pair.

Comment by Babybop – August 17, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Melissa & Joey and Babby Daddy are renewed. ^^

Comment by Tanya – August 17, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Switched entering the 3rd part of season 1 not the 2nd. They have already done 2 runs of episodes.

Comment by JC (@hotpink25) – August 17, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that was what I was gonna say. It aired its first ten episode, took a few months hiatus, aired 12 episodes and now has taken a few more months until the last batch.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – August 17, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know how they renewed Bunheads and cancelled Jane By Design! JBD was a very cute, heartwarming show. I just could not get into Bunheads after the first few episodes. I am so bummed about JBD – now we will never know if Jane and Billy would ever be more than friends. Boo! :(

Comment by Tabs – August 17, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The network probably knew they couldn’t pull it off in a way that would make everyone happy

Comment by Ginaa – August 18, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled about Switched At Birth. Wonderful show. how many episodes for Season 2? (like M&J, Season 1 was set for 30 episodes)

Comment by NCmacASL – August 17, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bit surprised they renewed Bunheads even though if I’m not mistaken it’s doing worse than JBD (which I’ve never seen, but have heard lots of good things about, so definitely wanted to give it a shot). Glad it’s returning though. It’s not Gilmore Girls, but it’s the next best thing and sort of feels like having them back in spirit. You get what you’re given.

Comment by Mitholas – August 17, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bunheads was probably picked up because it had better ratings with a crappy lead-in. Secret Life had a little over 1 mil. viewers and Bunheads is adding to those totals where as Jane lost half of the lead-in from Pretty Little Liars. Also Bunheads had the 4th highest ratings on the network behind Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game and Switched at Birth.

Comment by Kyle – August 17, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hah! Please don’t state nonsense like it’s fact.
        In the demos, which is all ABC Family cares about, Melissa & Joey, Baby Daddy, and Secret Life all did better than Bunheads, while The Lying Game did much worse.

Comment by nick1372 – August 17, 2012 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no it did not The Lying Game did alot better than bunheads and Jane by design.It drew a .7 and 1.76 viewers and neither did bunheads or jane by design drew that so please state your facts right.Also the TLG stayed in the .5-.7 demo and with more viewers.You have no clue what you are talking about nick,It also ended with a .6 demo so ya:)

Comment by Ronald – August 18, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • ABC Family show averages via TvSeriesFinale dot com:

PLL: 1.0
            SAB: 0.9
            Secret Life: 0.7
            Baby Daddy: 0.6
            M&J: 0.6
            The Lying Game: 0.5
            Bunheads: 0.5
            Jane By Design: 0.5
            Beverly Hills Nannies: 0.4

Factor in that Bunheads had the Olympics as competition and a worse lead-in (Secret Life as opposed to PLL), it did better than TLG & JBD. Maybe I was exaggerating when I said “much worse”, but the facts don’t lie.

Comment by nick1372 – August 18, 2012 04:54 PM PDT
  • Really sad about JBD. It was such a cute show and had just an interesting storyline. Sad cause we did not get any real closure. I only really watch Bunheads because I like seeing Gilmore Girls 2.0 but I would have chosen Jane over Bunheads easily.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 17, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree completely. Jane by Design was such a sweet show with wonderful relationships between the characters. Although I could have done without Terry Hatcher – those shows just didn’t fit.

Comment by Chris – August 20, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Bunheads so much I couldn’t wait for friends to leave and cuddle into bed to watch. Always disappointed when reruns played rather than a new show but always watched again and again. Pleeeease come on with the new season. And I am 60. Just love this show and couldn’t care less about the others. So Gilmore Girls but very much it’s own show and characters – they’re all wonderful personalities. But surely a little love story for Michelle would be very interesting. Umm maybe the rich guy up the crazy long ‘private’ roadway! And Fanny surely deserves love. So glad ABC Family is bringing it back. Just hurry up already!

Comment by Corinne – October 6, 2012 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally bummed about Jane by Design. I didn’t think it sounded like a good show but caught it on Hulu. Watched all the shows and was totally sucked in. Sorry that it didn’t catch on.

Comment by Laura – August 17, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth and Bunheads are two of the most addictive shows on tv right now. I’m so pleased with this news.
    Also, Jane by Design is premiering here in Canada in a few weeks now I know not to check it out

Comment by itsme – August 17, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about THE LYING GAME!!?!? Love that show and haven’t heard a peep about it all summer?

Comment by mirvin365 – August 17, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Renewed for Season 2 some time ago; returns this winter: http://tvline.com/2012/04/24/abc-family-renews-lying-game-season-2/

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 17, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the lying game has been renewed if you follow any of the stars on twitter they all say that the show has been renewed and so does wikipedia!!! I AM SOO EXCITED i have read all the books although they kind of have different story lines i still love them both equally. oh and my heart literally stopped when i found out jane by design is canceled i mean do they only check the number of people who watched the show the night the episodes air because a lot of people don’t have cable and watch it on the computer the next or if they have on demand because i know a lot of people who do that

Comment by Emma – August 29, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nobody cares about that because ABC Family does not seel advertising space for the online viewing. It does not earn them money, so it is not a factor in the renewal.

Comment by nick1372 – August 29, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kinda surprised about Jane By Design. Figured ABC Family would want to keep Erica Dasher around since she is a star in the making

Comment by ggny – August 17, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy about more Bunheads but upset about Jane by Design.Pll, Bunheads, JBD,Lying Game are the only good shows on abcfamily.Baby Daddy is a copy of Raising Hope & M&J is “Who’s the Boss 2.0″ & not very funny or good, I tried to watch the first several episodes of season one..Just like Nine Lives, JBD is a good show lasting only a season.Switched & Secret Life are awful and SL should only get a very short sixth,final season ala Gossip Girl(10-11 episodes).

Comment by Brandy – August 17, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boooo on canceling Jane by design, such a cute show, my favorite on the network next to Switched at Birth. I need more Jane/Billy angst.

Comment by CR – August 17, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man. I loved Jane by Design. WTH!

Comment by Summer – August 17, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww! Well, I watched the show but I am not too saddened by this news. The show was cute and showed promise, but the episodes/storylines became way too repetitive. I felt like I was watching the same episode over and over and over again and was losing interest by the last 4-5 episodes. Unfortunately, I don’t think the writers and producers knew what to do with the show.

Comment by gm465271 – August 17, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that they wouldn’t have been able to deliver a fulfilling ending. In the end they’d have struggles but make it to the end together.

Comment by Ginaa – August 18, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes they did

Comment by shannora – September 15, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for SAB and Bunheads

Comment by ladyluck527 – August 17, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised at JBD-low ratings and Andie McDowell is starring as Judge Oloivia Lockhart on Hallmarks new series Cedar Cove

Comment by Brandy – August 17, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Initially I wasn’t sure about Bunheads, but have come to love it. Looking forward to more episodes. Pretty Little Liars is still the stand-out show on that channel.

Comment by Lily – August 17, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Nooooo, I loved Jane by design so much (and a lot more than bunheads…). Thats really sad.

Comment by JJ (@jj_flower) – August 17, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this really a renewal for Bunheads??? I hope it is, but only eight more episodes is like a tease. But, I guess better some than none

Comment by Joe Smith – August 17, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really a renewal; just the back 8, similar to the back 9 that new network shows get during the regular season. But fingers crossed that next winter we get a season 2 pick up :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 17, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Bunheads and love that many of the actors from Gilmore Girls have been given parts. Would love to see Scott Patterson.

Comment by Pam – August 17, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SOOOOO MAD!!!! JANE BY DESIGN IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Ughhhhhhh. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid abc family!

Comment by Maddie – August 17, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t tell you how disappointed I was that Jane was cancelled. You must bring it back so there is a conclusion at least. It was just cute and quirky. Common ABC Family, BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Comment by J. Petrie – July 2, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Omg Bunheads is so good! But only 8 episodes?! it deserves way more

Comment by s – August 17, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Switched at Birth got an extra 22 – why not Bunheads? Still, something is better than nothing and who knows – it might lead to a second season :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 17, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Switched at Birth did not get an extra 22 at first, only 12, and Bunheads got almost as much. Also, Switched At Birth got double Bunheads’ ratings for the first leg of its first season.

Comment by nick1372 – August 29, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh. I must be remembering wrong because I swear I read online (I think even on TVLine) about a year ago that SaB was picked up for an extra 22, making a total of 32 episodes for the first season.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 29, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Maybe it was an article saying that SAB’s extra order was increased to 22 and you read it wrong?
            Anyway, it doesn’t matter because extra episodes and extra seasons both mean more SAB and Bunheads (yay) :-)

Comment by nick1372 – August 30, 2012 10:30 AM PDT