First Video: American Horror Story: Asylum

Get More: First Look, Video

It appears American Horror Story: Asylum will be habit forming.

FX has released the first religious-tinged teaser for the thriller’s second season (bowing in October), and it’s as simple as it is spooky.The 19-second video shows a nun (perhaps Jessica Lange’s asylum boss?) carrying two buckets of body parts through a field as church bells clang off in the distance. Right before the screen fades to black, the canoness empties the fleshy contents from one of the pails before pressing onward.

PHOTO | American Horror Story: Asylum — First Look at Adam Levine!

What does it all mean?! Interpret away in the comments!

Comments (17)

• I am very excited for this. I love the short little promos they did for AHS last year and these look just as good. I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume she’s feeding someone or something.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – August 17, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Out on a limb” BAHAHAHAHAHA.

Comment by Ashley – August 17, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHH!!! They have to be feeding parts to someone

Comment by jaemie – August 17, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait!!! Though disappointed in some of the douchy casting (Mark Santos – ugh). But seeing Jessica Lange back trumps all.

Comment by Jrs – August 17, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually down for this, even though I thought the first season was mildly entertaining garbage. But hear me, Ryan Murphy: Don’t kill most of the main cast again. That is the coward’s way out of ending a story.

Comment by Sam – August 17, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually thought killing the cast was pretty brave thing to do. And in the context to how the story finished -it led to a “happy” ending despite those deaths.

Comment by Larry – August 17, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like that he got rid of the main cast because it meant that Connie Britton can do something else, and that made me happy.

Comment by Noel – August 17, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God! It’s so good! Can’t wait.

Comment by Reward – August 17, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG i’m soooo excited for season 2!! Come on September be over with already!

Comment by Aim – August 17, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is a feeder for someone, or ugh, something..wonderful!

Comment by nitemar – August 17, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the idea that she is spreading out ‘people part slop’ for some piggy monster that is hungry. the asylum providing the food source… eep!

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – August 17, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idk, I agree with all the previous commenters that it seems like the nun is feeding something, however I definitely remember reading reports that there would actually not be anything supernatural in this season — so at the very least she’d be feeding a cannibal and not a monster.

Comment by MrScreenAddict – August 17, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking a fetus… just because this show turned out to be WAY sicker than I thought when I watched S1. Mere random body parts and organs is good for any other horror-themed series (unless it’s her own body parts in there, like her own eyes), but AHS really goes the extra mile for horror fans. It’s sick and depraved and I f-cking LOVE IT!

Comment by Mrs. Horror Boom – August 17, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the first season because it promised me naked Dylan McDermott.

Comment by siren – August 18, 2012 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post