First Video: American Horror Story: Asylum

It appears American Horror Story: Asylum will be habit forming.

FX has released the first religious-tinged teaser for the thriller’s second season (bowing in October), and it’s as simple as it is spooky.The 19-second video shows a nun (perhaps Jessica Lange’s asylum boss?) carrying two buckets of body parts through a field as church bells clang off in the distance. Right before the screen fades to black, the canoness empties the fleshy contents from one of the pails before pressing onward.

PHOTO | American Horror Story: Asylum — First Look at Adam Levine!

What does it all mean?! Interpret away in the comments!

1. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

I am very excited for this. I love the short little promos they did for AHS last year and these look just as good. I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume she’s feeding someone or something.

2. jaemie says:

AHHH!!! They have to be feeding parts to someone

3. Jrs says:

Cannot wait!!! Though disappointed in some of the douchy casting (Mark Santos – ugh). But seeing Jessica Lange back trumps all.

4. Sam says:

I’m actually down for this, even though I thought the first season was mildly entertaining garbage. But hear me, Ryan Murphy: Don’t kill most of the main cast again. That is the coward’s way out of ending a story.

5. Reward says:

Oh God! It’s so good! Can’t wait.

6. Aim says:

OMG i’m soooo excited for season 2!! Come on September be over with already!

7. nitemar says:

She is a feeder for someone, or ugh, something..wonderful!

8. MrScreenAddict says:

Idk, I agree with all the previous commenters that it seems like the nun is feeding something, however I definitely remember reading reports that there would actually not be anything supernatural in this season — so at the very least she’d be feeding a cannibal and not a monster.

9. I’m thinking a fetus… just because this show turned out to be WAY sicker than I thought when I watched S1. Mere random body parts and organs is good for any other horror-themed series (unless it’s her own body parts in there, like her own eyes), but AHS really goes the extra mile for horror fans. It’s sick and depraved and I f-cking LOVE IT!

10. siren says:

I watched the first season because it promised me naked Dylan McDermott.