Scoop: Vampire Diaries Casts Borgias' David Alpay as a Professor With Witchy Ties

David AlpayThe professor is in.

David Alpay (The Borgias) has landed a recurring role on Season 4 of The CW’s The Vampire Diaries, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Boss Julie Plec Previews Season 4′s Love Triangles: ‘It’s Not the End of Delena’

The actor will debut in Episode 4 as Professor Shane, a charismatic and attractive teach who has ties to one of Mystic Falls important families — turns out the occult believer shares a history with Bonnie and her brood.

The Vampire Diaries returns on Thursday, Oct. 11 at 8/7c.

1. Marcie says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo! Not interested in witches!

• ishivi says:

Says you! I want more of the witches mythology and the witches in general to be showcased in the show and not just the vampires and werewolves. The witches, in my opinion, are the best part in the show – especially since they are ultimately the saviors at the end of the day AND the one to get the vampire race started in the first place! I say bring it on, and if it gives Bonnie an actual storyline and something to FINALLY develop her character, then YES PLEASE!

• Ian says:

Oh dear God yes, ishivi. Something like this is what I’ve been waiting for. Between this guy now, and the Original Original witch plot and the magical consequence stuff from trying to revert Elena’s vampirism, Bonnie might actually get a full plate this season. I love her, and the witchcraft side of the show. She needs the development and growth, and finally some spotlight. Kat Graham is amazing. VD’s got me for another season.

• Manie says:

I totally agree. We’ve had everyone whole background story of family story (even Matt) but nothing about Bonnie and I’m sorry, but Ayanna must have done something after Esther died or something… We need more than using magic as a plot device and Bonnie was pretty much the only “good” character doing something more than being in a love triangle in S3, which made the story go forward. I can’t and will not be able to watch another season filled at 90% of love triangle and the same “Let’s kill Klaus and fail” plot.

• Josh says:

Agree 100% Manie. I want more Witches. In fact I want the man baddie to be a witch. This “vampire hunter” is not exciting in the least because he won’t actually kill any vampires….Witches are a threat and are powerful. Let them be bad guys. And give poor Bonnie something to do.

Either way, I’m most not likely watching this show anymore. Loved the first two seasons but the show feel apart in season 3 and continues to be on that downward trend. Maybe I’ll catch up online after a few episodes go on air so I can make my final decision.

• peyton says:

As long as Damon is in it bring on the Witches.

2. willy says:

I hope they make him gay.Cuz the show need a gay character , the producer said they will add one but we still waiting .

• CHiddy says:

Why? Not every series has a muslim guy, not every series should have a gay guy… Plus, TVD doesn’t need that plotline, because it would make the show soapier than it is. I believe they are pairing the dude with Bonnie. Not a hater.

• Vicki M. says:

Really?????… are you serious.. you know i am FAR from anti gay… i belive in what ever makes you happy and whole you should do… but why do you feel the need to have to advertise!!!!… its stupid..there doesn not NEED to be a gay person in this movie!.. if you want to be that way about it ok.. lets put a person of every single race, color, religion sexual preferance, age and body type on here just so we can cater to everyone!.. Aparently people are uncomfortable with who they are and feel they need to make it alright in every ones eyes.. you are who you are and thats ok.. end of story get over it and just WATCH THE DAMN SHOW!!!!… jeeze…..

• peyton says:

NOT my Damon!!

3. Damonandelenaforever says:

I used to watch charmed so I am happy they will be doing more with Bonnie. I like how they do vamps werewolves and witches that’s why I also watch true blood. But I can’t wait to see Elena as a vamp and hope they follow the book alittle it will be a great great season!!!

4. BubbleGirl says:

Of all the parts of the show that’s not working for me… it’s Bonnie. It hasn’t fit since the beginning and it still feels off even now.

• I agree with you, but I do think that they need a male witch on the show. The last time they had male witches were with Jonas and Luka and look how well that turned out. But I don’t want witches to be the cause of every solution, so I’m torn. I also do not like Bonnie all that much, but she’s better than The Triangle Of Doom, Klaus and even human Elena herself. In my opinion.

5. Dean says:

I LOVE THE WITCHES BEING MORE IN THE STORYLINES YES MORE WITCHES!!!!

6. raynald doe says:

THE SHOW IS TURNING INTO THE WITCHES DIARIES

7. Dizzle says:

I’m happy for more witch storylines if they make them fallible…. I’m not in love with the handy plot device magic is in danger of becoming. There needs to be more consequences and spells need to be more taxing to perform. But that’s just my opinion :)

8. Reward says:

Finally something new. STOP with Delena and Stelena. I wanna see more blood and more action. Season 3 was too “love love” and it sucked.

9. Lily says:

Thank God, a familiar face. Loved him on The Tudor’s.

10. sudarshan says: