Exclusive

Exclusive Pilot Scoop: Emmy Winner Tony Shalhoub Joins CBS' Rob Greenberg Comedy

Tony ShalhoubThree-time Emmy winner Tony Shalhoub has his eye on his next TV venture.

The former Monk star has joined the cast of CBS’ now-untitled comedy pilot (formerly Ex-Men) from How I Met Your Mother executive producer Rob Greenberg, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The half-hour project centers on a charming young man (played by Paranormal Activity 3‘s Chris Smith) who, after being left at the altar by his fiancée, moves into a short-term housing complex and makes unlikely friends with a group of divorced men.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: True Blood‘s Joe Manganiello Back as Brad

Shalhoub — who earned his Emmys as well as a Golden Globe during Monk‘s lengthy run on USA Network — will play Frank, a four-time divorcé who still fancies himself a ladies man and dwells in the complex’s bachelor pad.

As previously reported, Kal Penn (House) also stars as a once-married neighbor who was caught having an affair.

1. Dan says:

Whatever happened to Friday Night Dinner? NBC realise they could never make it as good as the UK version?

• Amanda says:

I would like to know this too. I was actually looking forward to it when I heard it would star Allison Janney. I guess it never got off the ground? I love the British version, I just wish there were more episodes!

2. Chuck Finley (AJ) says:

Monk was never interesting to me. Don’t care for this guy at all. He was really good on the few episodes of the show I watched but he just strikes me as extremely odd. Doubt I would watch any show with him on it but who knows. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

3. I love both Monk and House (therefore, Kal Penn) so I will definately check this out but but I’m not sure if I will be able to see either of those actors in roles different than the ones I loved them in. Even when I watch reruns of Wings, I see Tony Shaloub as Monk, despite the fact that he was on Wings first.

4. timothy says:

i can’t wait for this. kal penn and shalhoub = genius!

5. davidsask says:

Lawsuit or failed pilot as this great show already exists the exes on tvland!!!

6. Carl says:

This sounds a lot like The Exes from Tvland

7. Flowbee Rida says:

Not exactly a new concept….The Exes wasn’t either, for that matter… If the cast clicks it could work, I suppose.

8. Velvet says:

I loved Monk and I will give it a go.

9. Kat says:

I loved Monk and Tony will forever be Adrian Monk to me. Not sure I’ll tune into his new series. I still miss Adrian and his gang!!!

10. KevinY says:

Tony Shalhoub is awesome, I sure hope this gets picked up! And “The Exes” on TVLand is totally unoriginal but it’s still funny!

11. frances wimberly says:

watch reruns of Monk and Frasier and Psych as for me there is nothing much else on tv, Love Castle. Nice to see something besides the degeneration of society. I wish “Natalie, Randy and Capt. Stottlemeyer” and the rest of the bunch were on a series again, all playing the good guys. Criminal Minds at least teaches something about the human psyche.

12. videospiele says:

wonderful submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the
    opposite specialists of this sector do not notice this.
    You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!

13. videospiele says:

Ahaa, its pleasant discussion on the topic of this article here at this weblog,
    I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

14. Matthias says:

As Information Week reported in the education of the easiest
    way of paint and materials. Keep a notepad, a deck that you have flat and all your life
    more beautiful and unique and what they are not generally estimate
    accurately. What we are not pouring in time she had unlicensed contractors gone missing.