Good Wife Exclusive: GCB's Miriam Shor Joins Cast as a Dogged Reporter (Sound Familiar?)

Miriam Shor The Good WifeIs The Good Wife trading one Good Christian Bitch Belle for another?

Miriam Shor, who played business mogul Cricket Caruth-Reilly on ABC’s short-lived soap GCB, is joining the CBS drama in the recurring role of a reporter, TVLine has learned exclusively.

This comes just days after Shor’s former GCB co-star Kristin Chenoweth announced that she was cutting short her own arc as reporter covering the a Florrick campaign due to an injury she sustained on the set last month.

POLL | Does Julianna Margulies Deserve to Best Actress Emmy This Year?

Although a source says Shor isn’t replacing Chenoweth and it was always the intention to bring in more than one news hound, it stands to reason her character — whose background is national news and feels like she is slumming it in the local market — will to some degree fill that now-vacant political journalist void.

Shor’s other credits include Damages, Swingtown and Mildred Pierce.

The Good Wife‘s fourth season premieres on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 9/8c.

1. Pete says:

Great news. She was the clear stand-out of GCB, even outshining TheCheno.

2. Ally says:

I much prefer her to Kristin Chenowyth. I miss GCB–the characters were awesome and it never really got a chance what with being rolled out rather late in the midseason.

3. AW says:

As sad as I am that KChen is out, I’m glad they’re recasting and not just scrapping the storyline – last time casting interfered and caused them to abort a story (Kelli Giddish) it didn’t really work out so well. They should stick the story they planned.

4. caitie says:

This is nice. Janet was my favorite part of Swingtown.

5. Joan says:

I haven’t seen anything she was in, so I can’t say I disaprove. Just wish Kristin will feel better and come back later in the season.

6. itsme says:

Now we NEED scenes with Shore and Baranski. Pleaaaase TGW peeps, put them together. That would be so much badassery in one room.

7. SJ says:

Best. News. Ever! Don’t get me wrong, I love Kristin Chenoweth and boy, do I hope we get to see a mini-GCB reunion later on in the season if KC is feeling better, but Miriam Shor was such an unexpected delight on the already very delightful GCB that I’m just so glad to see her again on my TV screen relatively soon after GCB’s cancellation.

8. Tabitha says:

This is good news. I’ve been following Miriam Shor’s career since I saw her in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” She’s sure to add to the show.
    Speedy recovery to KChen, though. She’s always fabulous, too.

9. shuayb says:

Oh yes! Best news since Cheno backed out of TGW. I hope she uses that accent! Gonna be amazing!

10. Jared says:

GCB was a great little show that never really got a chance. Although I love Kristin..im happy to see Miriam back on TV in one of my favorite shows.

11. Jake says:

This is gonna be tough with revenge moving to Sunday’s at 9 . I wish CBS would move the good wife back to Tuesday’s

12. A says:

While this won’t make up for the loss of Cricket from my TV screen, it more than helps fill the void. Sad KChen isn’t coming back, but I can’t wait to see Miriam Shor.

13. Lorie says:

Woo! Loved her on GBC, so I’m sure I’ll love her on TGW.

14. tvdiva says:

Shor and her on screen husband were the tro stand outs of GCB. They had the most complex and interesting marriage/relationship on the show. I really think ABC should have let GCB run at least another five or six episodes to finish out all the storylines.

15. *Muse* says:

oh she was in hedwig and the angry inch, she was great in it. Can’t wait to see her in tgw

16. scifisiren says:

Awesome. She really grabbed my attention on GCB. Glad she’s right back in primetime.

17. Tvaddict says:

Now just tell me Mark Deklin plays her closeted husband…

18. sean says:

She is great, I love the show & think Shor will be a great guest!