Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Preview: 25 Fresh Faces That Are on Our Radar — and Should Be on Yours

Yes, the coming Fall TV season is teeming with returning favorites such as Matthew Perry, Vanessa Williams, Sophia Bush, Andre Braugher and Connie Britton. But for every familiar face, there is a new one waiting to hopefully make its own, lasting impression on viewers.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s On When and Versus What

Here, TVLine rounds up 25 fresh faces — from “Just Off the Bus from Iowa” to “Oh Yeah, That Guy” — that will be hitting your screens in the weeks ahead.

Comments (31)

• cool to supernatural. zzzz to once upon a time’s new faces.

Comment by Kelly – August 15, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, the best thing about the Animal Practice pilot was Betsy Sodaro. She’s not hot by any stretch of any imagination, but she was funny and new. The monkey’s so 2000 and late.

Comment by KS – August 15, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finally someone else who liked her, though I do have to say I like the monkey

Comment by Nick – August 15, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Betsy Sodaro is hilarious. Great performer and improviser. She’s gonna be Animal Practice’s breakout.

Comment by Brian – August 16, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who doesn’t like monkeys?!

Comment by Krystal – August 28, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RAKHARO! And STOKE!

Comment by Petra – August 15, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited about TWD this year. Michonne looks fierce.

Comment by Marie – August 15, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only ones I expect to actually see are Arrow, Revenge, and The Walking Dead. Super excited about Michonne (what a creepily awesome character).

Comment by Sareeta – August 15, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already knew a lot of these people. Apparently I just watch a lot of television.

Comment by sara – August 15, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like the look of Sam’s new love interest on Supernatural, as well as Jay Ryan in Beauty and the Beast. As a Kiwi I’ve liked his work in New Zealand and Australian shows for a few years now. I’m also looking forward to the two new Vampire Diaries additions.

Comment by Fran – August 15, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My niece is going to go batcrap crazy over Dean Geyer and Colin O’Donoghue.

Comment by Templar – August 15, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like another British invasion….I like it!!

Comment by sarah – August 15, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not saying there is anything wrong with it producers should cast who they think is best no matter where they’re from but it must drive American actors (which LA and NY are full of, trust me) to see so many roles go to UK, Euro, and Aussie actors. In fact I know it does.

Comment by Alex – August 15, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The American actors just need to step it up.

Comment by dude – August 15, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was actually a study done about 10 years ago about why there’s so many Brits, Aussies and Canucks who have found success in Hollywood. The major finding was that more time is spent in school on creative expression (ie.creative writing, drama, art, music, etc.) and that because of their home television/film industry, its easier to get the experience at home before going to Hollywood. Also, the average American actor (as per the study) had more trouble with empathy/patience than Brit and Aussie actors–it made it more difficult when it came to character study. The study looked at the psychology in general of actors. It was a very interesting read.

Comment by Ally – August 15, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d like to have a look at this study, it piked my interest… Know the names of the researchers or where I can find it?

Comment by Claire – August 16, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alex, have you heard about punctuation? It’s all the rage.

Comment by Templar – August 16, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep bringing on those Aussie boys. They just keep getting hotter and hotter. I think there is something in the water down there :)

Comment by Deena – August 16, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every time i see Melissa Benoist in that Tampax commercial I think “that girl is going to be on Glee.” I actually think she seems to be a pretty good actress so I’m looking forward to her. I really liked Camilla Luddington in that Will & Kate movie. She’s really cute and extremely underused on True Blood so I hope she’s given good material on Grey’s.

Comment by dude – August 15, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you REALLY like her check our her CALIFORNICATION episodes, if you catch my drift.

Comment by Alex – August 15, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After seeing the picture above of Becca Tobin, I can see why Shanna had absolutely no chance of going all the way on The Glee Project. Becca is Shanna’s twin!

Comment by Linderella – August 15, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just saying… it’s Très, not trés… :D

Comment by Manie – August 15, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has tvline posted a premiere schedule yet? I’ve searched but I keep getting the one from last year. If it has been posted I would be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction, thank you!

Comment by amanda – August 15, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Balaban looks really pretty.
    Too bad I’m not interested in lovestories in SPN at all.

Comment by Cox – August 15, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Dean Geyer guy is freaking gorgeous. It’s not fair for a man to be that pretty lol

Comment by Danny – August 15, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liane Balaban, God bless you… And keep you safe.

Comment by Bella – August 16, 2012 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THAT is Captain Hook? I always pictured him as older, swarthy, warty. This guy is really hot. Can he please hook up with Regina?

Comment by Dani – August 16, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is this Echo? I want to see more of what he does!

Comment by JRichards – August 18, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post