White Collar Taps CSI: Miami's Emily Procter as Peter and Neal's New Boss

Get More: Casting News

Emily ProcterWhite Collar‘s Peter and Neal, meet your new taskmistress.

CSI: Miami alumna Emily Procter is joining the USA Network hit as the New York White Collar Division’s new head, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | Pablo Schreiber Is Collar‘d

The actress will appear in two Season 4 episodes as Assistant Special Agent in Charge Amanda Callaway, who is described as ambitious and pragmatic. Far from a pushover, she’s brought in to keep partners-in-crime-solving Peter and Neal in line.

Procter starred on CSI: Miami for 10 years before CBS pulled the plug on the procedural this past May. She is also known for playing Deputy White House Counsel Ainsley Hayes on The West Wing.

Comments (47)

• Not excited about this. Never cared much for her.

Comment by NoOceanInKansas – August 14, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally Agree!

Comment by MGL – August 15, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA and in what universe would she get promoted to this position? Not in the FBI as I know it.

Comment by Templar – August 15, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this woman Emily Procter. She is not stuck up . She is a very classy Southern Woman who caresabout her fans and is very devoted to helping others. Don’t judge until you truly know her. Its funny how so many people can say negative things about people they don’t know. But yet you all are losers!!! Stop Hating and start be ing productive. LOSERS ARE ALWAYS TALKING NEGATIVE!!

Comment by Erika Carolyn Young – January 19, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thats all true. People shouldnt judge people when they dont know them! at least not in a serious way, i would understand if they were saying things about her on Comedy Central, but most of the people on here judging, i think are just jealous or dont like something about themselves

Comment by SomniPapi – March 7, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares about what you Hater/losers think. You all hate yourselves. Emily Procter is the BEST!! BEAUTIFUL! A DAMN Good Actress. And she has her own Interior Desing Busines and a Gorgeous Model. So you all can kiss her and my Ass! Grow up and love yourselves!!

Comment by Erika Carolyn Young – January 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Jean Gould – March 8, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think she is a good actress in anything I’ve seen her in. I think she hurt CSI M. She must be a VIP in Hollywood ‘s relative or friend. I think I will stop watching White Collar if she is on it.

Comment by Jean Gould – March 8, 2013 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always had a problem with her on CSI Miami. Did not care for her character as Miss Goody Two Shoes. Her voice drove me up the wall. Sorry. Always hoped they would have knocked her off!

Comment by Kris – August 14, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SHE’S what bothered you about CSI: Miami?!

Comment by Anne – August 14, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s southern you got a problem with it!!

Comment by Robin Sasser – September 18, 2012 03:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Problem ? Ner. Or is that no. I can’t tell.

Comment by grimly – September 30, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she is only in 2 episodes. Did not like her on CSI Miami. Her voice is annoying and her acting is worse than David Carouso;s.

Comment by Pam – August 14, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! She must really suck!

Comment by Templar – August 15, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see you up there doing any better quit bashing Emily she has a heart of gold, that is more than I can say for you! WE are both from NC and you don’t bash Southern Women!!

Comment by Robin Sasser – September 18, 2012 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a surprise, your a female. Jealous much? I would looovvveee to see what you look like in real life, what you sound like in real life, how you ACT like in real life, and generally what you do in real life, to see if your just jealous or mean what you say.

Comment by SomniPapi – March 7, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe that Emily Procter is more than one female person. She is a CSI: Miami alumna not alumnae. See: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Alumnae?s=t

Comment by JC – August 14, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we just forget her time on CSI now and go back to calling her “The West Wing’s Emily Procter”?

Comment by wordsmith – August 14, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes let’s forget the last ten years then I can go back to being 20 again.

Comment by grimly – September 30, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I am not alone in thinking her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I’m sure she will be fine on the show but it’s not like they need to add yet another character. I would like to see Jeff Bridge’s character back honestly.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – August 14, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that was BEAU Bridges…

Comment by Juniper – October 7, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited to see her back on the small screen! Loved her in CSI Miami and can’t wait to see her dealing with Neal and Peter. Hope she stays on for the long haul here,

Comment by chris – August 14, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES Anne, she is what bothered me about CSI Miami!!

Comment by Kris – August 14, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m very concerned about your sanity.

Comment by Anne – August 14, 2012 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Quite right Anne. Besides, it was knife juggling clown that lives in horatio’s pockets that was the most annoying.

Comment by grimly – September 30, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Hughes?

Comment by Emily – August 14, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch White Collar, but I’m happy Emily’s already got another job. Calleigh was always my faborite CSI:Miami character and she made me endure ten years of Caruso! Hopefully, she’ll be in a new show soon :)

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 14, 2012 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s gonna happen to Hughes??

Comment by A – August 14, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh, cool but what about Hughes?!

Comment by Ella – August 14, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her on West Wing. The episode introducing her character is one of my favorites and all of the episodes she was in lead me to believe there was bigger plans for the character had she not left for CSI: Miami. Plus she came back to do a crowd shot with no lines for Leo’s funeral.

Comment by Amy – August 15, 2012 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no problem with her on CSI-Miami, but with Horatio…the good thing was he only had two lines and 15 seconds on every episode. I will watch White Collar now. When does it start? :)

Comment by nitemar – August 15, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go, Emily! I enjoyed her work on CSI: Miami and liked her portrayal as a gun specialist and other things…

Yeah, I wonder what’s going to happen to Hughes…

Comment by Zachary J. Morrison – August 15, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang! White Collar is one of my favorite showe. The last thing I want to see is Procter. I stopped watching CSI Miami because of her. :-( Oh well. Movin’ on to find something else to watch.

Comment by Jessica – August 15, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emily Procter is the only Damn Reason I am going to watch “White Collar” as for her accent. Her accent is Beautiful like she is. All you broke down losers. Can go to hell. While you all HATERS are talking negative about Beautiful Emily Procter. She has more to offer and she is living a dream life. You Haters wish you had. Emily Procter is more than just an Actress. She is an Entreprenuer/Model and above all. A Beautiful Mother. Perhaps she can come help design some of you haters homes, apts. Because haters usually live like Trash!! So therefore. The issue is not Emily Procter. The Issue is that You Haters, Hate yourselves. Get a real life. Stop wishing to be and stop being jealous! Plus Emily Procter is the main reason along with David Caruso. The show lasted 10 years. You Haters couldn’t get a show at all.LOL

Comment by Erika Carolyn Young – January 22, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, if you hated her on the crapheap that was CSI: Miami, go check out her West Wing episodes she was in. That could change your mind. :)

Comment by Miles – August 15, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked her on WW, and I watched an episode of csi and she was very annoying…I think she was around the horrible actor who played Horatio too long….

Comment by sarah – August 17, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED her on The West Wing, and will forever hate CSI: Miami for stealing her away, not to mention the fact that it was a horrible show. Hopefully White Collar does Emily justice like TWW did; I think she’s really charming.

Comment by jill – September 4, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • emily was shooting a gun in practice range or just shining a torch at things.
    not really true csi.
    she and the other women always looked like they stepped out of dynasty or dallas.
    in the earlier episodes she was naturally pretty.

Comment by rusty – October 19, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haters haters HATERS… STFU! yall r so redic..IM a southern belle, yall must talk like idiots if u got ur panties in a bunch over someones southern accent.

& for the person tht said they loved WC but will find “something else”now… SHES IN *2* EPISODES… GROW UP!

Comment by amanda – January 22, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you are a”southern belle”. BFD and ring-a-ding-ding. Back to your doublewide

Comment by samIam – March 1, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for these episodes! I’m dissapointed to hear so many people are unhappy about this :( I think Emily is an amazing actress and woman. Can’t wait (:

Comment by Erin – January 23, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What bothered me about CSI MIami was David Caruso, who said every line in that bitten-off, choppy way and had about 2 expressions, Grim & Not-So-Grim…He always sounded like he thought he was Jack Lord (original “Hawaii Five-O”), but without the pretty eyes or the sexiness…
    What is it about the women who come on “White Collar”?? Every new actress that comes on (Kate, Alex. Sara) gets the nasty, bitchy old cat treatment…You all sound like a bunch of trailer trash with fat asses, bad breath & funky armpits…You need to go drink your saucers of milk now & sheath your claws…Do you all think that Matt & Tim will take one look at you and expire from love?? I got news for ya, nobody wants a mean-spirited, jealous, shrew-y old bag!!!

Comment by Janet Marie Cooper – January 30, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barf! She is as annoying, if not more so, than she was in CSI-Miami and West Wing. Mozzi and Neal’s hot babe girfriends are about the only thing worth watching on the show

Comment by samIam – March 1, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Horrible acting. I haven’t seen this actress in anything else, but my I immediate reaction is that I can’t follow this show with her awful acting. I can’t even finish watching one of my favorite shows because she is so distracting. Please write her out and choose someone else.

Comment by Sarah – March 8, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t agree with this choice. Stopped watching CSI MIAMI because of her character.. wonder if this will happen here and she will ruin this show also?

Comment by kathy – March 9, 2013 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jealousy radiates from you kathy

Comment by somniPapi – March 9, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post