Mindy Project Scoop: Meet Mindy's New Boyfriend

Tommy Dewey The Mindy Project Mindy Kaling has cast her first beau on The Mindy Project and, no surprise, he’s easy on the eyes.

Step Up Revolution actor Tommy Dewey, whose TV credits include stints on ABC Family’s short-lived Roommates and The WB’s blink-and-you-missed-it soap The Mountain, is joining Kaling’s new Fox comedy as a love interest for her OB/GYN character.

VIDEO | Fall Preview: Watch Full Trailers For The Mindy Project, The Following and 3 Other Fox Shows

His character, Josh Daniels, is a successful lawyer who isn’t afraid to go after things he likes when he sees them — in this case, Mindy.

The Mindy Project will premiere Sept. 25 at 9:30/8:30c on Fox, leading out of New Girl.

1. Sam says:

I’m hoping this ends up being like Girls or 30 Rock, where the lead actor/writer oozes self-awareness and m

2. Sam says:

I’m hoping this ends up being like Girls or 30 Rock, where the lead actor/writer oozes self-awareness and even mocks themselves to some extent. That type of comedy is all too rare.

3. xwiseguyx says:

I”m just hoping the next episode is better than the overrated pilot…

4. Snork Juice says:

I think I am one of only five people who watched every episode of Roommates, so this is welcome news.

5. Dean says:

Lol u r not alone snork juice I have also watched ever EP of Roommates and it was awesome!! Lol

6. Lee says:

Why do all the women of colour have to be paired with white men, Is that the default now. Why not some hot, and nice Indian guy

• Summer says:

To be honest, I’ve noticed that in my generation (I’m twenty-nine) more and more of my fellow Indians are in interracial relationships, so this does actually reflect reality a little bit. Though eventually, an Indian love interest or two might be nice – – especially since the character is in the medical profession, and there are a lot of Indians there.

• Mitholas says:

Why must it always be about race? Obviously, Mindy Kaling is running this show and starring in it, this show isn’t exactly making any kind of negative racial statement. Interracial relationships are also kind of inevitable when you’re part of a minority, aren’t they? I mean… it’d be silly to limit yourself to your own race when you might meet a great guy/girl down the street with a different skin color from yours. My point is: I don’t see a problem here.

• Lee says:

I love interracial relationships too, I even ship hardcore some of them, but same race, especially black love or (asian love too ) is becoming a dirty world, like they dont exist or its backward or something. Gone are the days when we used to see strong black couples on tv, now cant even count them on one hand. Its almost like women of colour can’t be paired with some race men now, and its called being racist, the irony. So writers try to avoid being racists by being racists. No women of colour dont need to be restricted to men of their races only, the same goes for only pairing them with white men. Minority same race love need to be represented too in the media, its reality for many couples out there.

• Shaljia says:

honestly, I’ve seen the opposite in most TV shows. They pair two minorities together more often than not

7. Forrest says:

Dewey cast as a lawyer! That’s a great call!

8. Jake says:

Btw, step up revolution is the best dance movie ever and I didnt like the last two.

9. mike says:

Tommy Dewey is always great.

10. Patrick says:

This show looks unwatchable. I have never liked Mindy, and I see this crashing.

11. Mitholas says:

I’m really looking forward to giving this a shot. I don’t know if it’ll actually be good, but I’m hoping!

12. Alan The Neighbor says: