Fall TV Preview

Mindy Project Scoop: Meet Mindy's New Boyfriend

Tommy Dewey The Mindy Project Mindy Kaling has cast her first beau on The Mindy Project and, no surprise, he’s easy on the eyes.

Step Up Revolution actor Tommy Dewey, whose TV credits include stints on ABC Family’s short-lived Roommates and The WB’s blink-and-you-missed-it soap The Mountain, is joining Kaling’s new Fox comedy as a love interest for her OB/GYN character.

VIDEO | Fall Preview: Watch Full Trailers For The Mindy Project, The Following and 3 Other Fox Shows

His character, Josh Daniels, is a successful lawyer who isn’t afraid to go after things he likes when he sees them — in this case, Mindy.

The Mindy Project will premiere Sept. 25 at 9:30/8:30c on Fox, leading out of New Girl.

Comments (18)

• I’m hoping this ends up being like Girls or 30 Rock, where the lead actor/writer oozes self-awareness and m

Comment by Sam – August 14, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, definitely m. you can’t get enough of m!

Comment by MariaPompeo – August 15, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where can I “like” this comment?

Comment by Ellen Pompeo – August 16, 2012 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping this ends up being like Girls or 30 Rock, where the lead actor/writer oozes self-awareness and even mocks themselves to some extent. That type of comedy is all too rare.

Comment by Sam – August 14, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I”m just hoping the next episode is better than the overrated pilot…

Comment by xwiseguyx – August 14, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I am one of only five people who watched every episode of Roommates, so this is welcome news.

Comment by Snork Juice – August 14, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol u r not alone snork juice I have also watched ever EP of Roommates and it was awesome!! Lol

Comment by Dean – August 14, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do all the women of colour have to be paired with white men, Is that the default now. Why not some hot, and nice Indian guy

Comment by Lee – August 14, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be honest, I’ve noticed that in my generation (I’m twenty-nine) more and more of my fellow Indians are in interracial relationships, so this does actually reflect reality a little bit. Though eventually, an Indian love interest or two might be nice – - especially since the character is in the medical profession, and there are a lot of Indians there.

Comment by Summer – August 14, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why must it always be about race? Obviously, Mindy Kaling is running this show and starring in it, this show isn’t exactly making any kind of negative racial statement. Interracial relationships are also kind of inevitable when you’re part of a minority, aren’t they? I mean… it’d be silly to limit yourself to your own race when you might meet a great guy/girl down the street with a different skin color from yours. My point is: I don’t see a problem here.

Comment by Mitholas – August 15, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love interracial relationships too, I even ship hardcore some of them, but same race, especially black love or (asian love too ) is becoming a dirty world, like they dont exist or its backward or something. Gone are the days when we used to see strong black couples on tv, now cant even count them on one hand. Its almost like women of colour can’t be paired with some race men now, and its called being racist, the irony. So writers try to avoid being racists by being racists. No women of colour dont need to be restricted to men of their races only, the same goes for only pairing them with white men. Minority same race love need to be represented too in the media, its reality for many couples out there.

Comment by Lee – August 18, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • honestly, I’ve seen the opposite in most TV shows. They pair two minorities together more often than not

Comment by Shaljia – November 29, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dewey cast as a lawyer! That’s a great call!

Comment by Forrest – August 14, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Btw, step up revolution is the best dance movie ever and I didnt like the last two.

Comment by Jake – August 14, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tommy Dewey is always great.

Comment by mike – August 14, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show looks unwatchable. I have never liked Mindy, and I see this crashing.

Comment by Patrick – August 14, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to giving this a shot. I don’t know if it’ll actually be good, but I’m hoping!

Comment by Mitholas – August 15, 2012 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Tommy !

Comment by Alan The Neighbor – August 16, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post