Law & Order Scoop: Kathryn Erbe Bringing Criminal Intent's Eames to SVU This Fall!

Kathryn Erbe Law & Order SVULaw & Order: SVU is welcoming a familiar face to the precinct this fall: Former Law & Order: Criminal Intent detective Kathryn Erbe.

TVLine has learned that the actress will reprise her CI role of Alexandra Eames during SVU’s upcoming 14th season.

RELATED | Chris Meloni Breaks Silence On SVU Exit, Concedes Fans “Got the Rug Pulled Out From Under Them’

Det. Eames, now working for a joint City/Federal Homeland Security Task Force, crosses paths with the SVU squad when their investigation of a sex trafficking ring uncovers a connection to terrorists.

Erbe, who spent a decade on Criminal Intent, is currently booked for one SVU episode (airdate TBD), but word is she will likely be back for more later in the season.

RELATED | SVU Scoop — Look Who’s Replacing Cragen!

SVU‘s new season premieres on Sept. 26.

1. Can’t stand SVU or SUV but love Eames/Erbe so, yeah, I’ll watch.

• JudyVee says:

I feel the same way. Don’t like this show, but loved her on CI and will likely watch just to see her.

• bhm1304 says:

Now if they brought back D’Onofrio as well and dumped a lot of dead weight in the cast this show might be watchable again. Erbe’s been awesome since she was the only female inmate in Oz, “Shirley Belinger”.

• elaine barnett says:

Love Eames, Goren, Stabler, Benson, Alex, & everyone on CI & SVU…they are so real on these shows. Best of all would be Chris M. returned, and put Goren & Eames both in there. Maybe Goren became a psychiatrist and consults…

• E.Joey Boone says:

Kathryn Erbe is an excellent enhancement to SUV. The Eames character should be added to the show on an on-going bases.

• hollace says:

Yes if Vince D’Onofrio returned the world of Law & Order would be perfect. Meanwhile it’s as perfect as TV gets. I watch every episode of every rerun. Don’t have to miss any new ones either with xfinity. If I’m going to watch the tube I want to come away smarter, not dumb or dumber.

2. Samantha says:

Great news! I never felt like we got real closure to the CI universe. I hope they have her for several episodes. I know it’s wishful thinking that we would see Bobby as well, but I hope they at least mention him.

3. Mel says:

Yay, love Eames! Guess I’ll have to watch that episode of SVU. Just when I think I’m done with that show, they drag me back in again!

4. DL says:

Aww, I was really hoping she was joining the cast on a more extended basis! Well, I’ll take what I can get. And I do hope having her come back for further episodes later on pans out.

5. larissa says:

omg! i’m so excited. <3

6. Mikaylah says:

This is such cool news! I love CI, and Eames, so it’ll be great to see her character again. And maybe we’ll get some insight into the other characters from CI too.

7. Ali says:

Wow, SVU is stepping it up. We get Adam Baldwin for a few episodes and now Kathryn Erbe. Too bad neither is on for the entire season, but, I’ll still happily watch.

8. Kk says:

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:)

9. Diva 22 says:

Love her wish my Goren would be on the show love Olivia miss Elliot !! That woulbe a hellava team!!!!!!

10. Kellie kennedy says:

I love all of Law and Orders episodes, Eames and Bobby are my favorites.Cant wait to see the new episodes!!!!!!

11. daniel says:

i cant believe this i was telling a family member of my that loves svu that they should bring back Kathryn Erbe. but as a defense attorney not Det Alexandra Eames .

12. nitemar says:

I love to see the actress and the character back, Kathryn is great! Wonder if she also will mention Bobby. :)

13. johanna says:

Never was a Fan of CI…..but I do Love SVU :)

14. LeAnn says:

I’ll watch Eames on SVU.

15. Carol says:

I certainly hope that the only reason she left Major Case is that she is now married to Bobby Goren ;-)

16. LeAnn says:

I hope Kathy mentions Vincent

17. Kimberly says:

I was sad to see the original L&O and L&O: CI go but I was thrilled that L&O: LA didn’t last!!!

• LeAnn says:

Yes I too miss the original L&O CI n I miss Alex n Bobbybut I love watching re-runs of L&O CI on WBIN n WGN, n Oxygen m sometimes on Bravo.

18. Rosie says:

Kathryn Erbe and Mariska Hargitay? That’s a dream team of two of the best television actresses!

19. maggie says:

I miss the original Law and Order, and Law and Order:Criminal Intent. I liked those both better than SVU. NBC made a huge mistake in cancelling L&O and L&O:CI. But NBC seems to be making nothing but mistakes the last few years. What happened to the once great NBC?

• Paul Lawson says:

Probably taking tips from ABC …. If you remove what the fans like, you make room for crappy stuff that wont finish a season, but make more of em
      Take EM:HE as a prime example

20. Vicky says:

Dick Wolfe, stop the madness!!! Give Christpoher Meloni what ever it is that he wants…. because isn’t cutting it.

• Kari says:

Meloni has been thinking about leaving for a long time. The money was just his excuse. He is not coming back.

• Jo B. says:

Money in Hollywood is always the issue. Yes Chris may have had other reasons, but trust me, you give him a good deal – he WILL consider it.

21. cheree says:

I am a big fan of svu and criminal intent and love her acting welcome cross overs and hope to see more of them…great shows and will watch granted! Much better than the crappy reality shows!

22. Paul Lawson says:

I love all the L&O franchise, with the sole exception L&O:UK … what a joke…. (and I’m British). I really hope that Det. Goram gets a mention. For me Criminal Intent was the better of the franchise, Goram and Eames were a great team

23. connie says:

I am so excited i can wait. I did not watch CI unless Eames was on. I loved her on there. I love SVU. And to put her on there. Is fantastic news. Can’t wait to watch!

24. LaQuita Washington says:

I love Eames! Where is Goren? Anyway I love Kathryn Erbe! I love Law and Order: CI…. Bring them back!

25. Jess says:

omg yay! i skipped last season after meloni left but will be back for this! Awesome decision!

26. Zoe says:

…OH MY GOD.

I literally just squealed with joy. This is- I mean- omigoshomigoshomigosh I’m so excited! I hoped Warren Leight would do something like this! This is like, the next best thing to Stabler! She’ll /have/ to address where Goren is at some point? (Right?)

…And we’ll get to see Benson and Eames work together… I… /swoon/.

27. Jean says:

Great news! Even better news that she may come back for more. Love Eames (and Erbe)!

28. LDSK says:

Wow! SVU is pulling out all the stops! I gave up on the show several years ago and thought I’d never be back. First they cast Paget and now they get Erbe. OK SVU…you win. I will come back (at least for those episodes)

29. itsme says:

CI is the only Law+Order I actually enjoyed watching and I loved Eames (and Gorren too). So I’ll have to tune into this SUV ep.

30. Annie says:

Hopefully Goren and Eames are still a team and we will only see Eames. Maybe she will talk on a phone to him or something. Can’t wait and hope they will do more episodes with Erbe. Personally don’t like SVU, but will watch for this. Wish they would just bring back Criminal Intent with Goren and Eames!

31. With Stabler gone, the show is not the same. Bring him back. The chemistry between Benson & Stabler was phenomenal. You took away Law & Order and Law & Order CI. Now you are replacing characters in SVU. The show is not worth watching any more. It will be nice to see Erbe, but better to see her with Bobby. NBC what are you doing? Wake up. We want our characters back. Bring SVU back to where it was (on top). Most fans are not watching anymore.

• Ariel Jones says:

Have you ever thought that the actor who played Stabler had other plans than acting on SVU his whole life? It’s not always the channel or show’s director’s fault. As unbelievable as it sounds actors do have lives.

Also, don’t say that most fans aren’t watching anymore. Have you gone to every state in America and done a poll to come to that conclusion? I highly doubt it. I know for sure my group of friends and I eagerly await each and every new episode.

• Tony Zile says:

from all I’ve read and heard, Christopher Meloni,(Stabler),did NOT WANT to leave SVU,it was ,the network’s decision. Kathryn Erbe has stated REPEATEDLY, that she did not WANT to stop playing Det. Eames, but that for health reasons, Vincent D’nofrio(Goren), needed to find work with a les demanding work schedule.

32. sg says:

Looks like I’ll have to actually start watching SVU again. I’m a Goren and Eames fan, so this is great news. I can’t see Eames leaving Goren’s side for anything (especially after giving up the position of captain because of him), so her not working for Major Case anymore seems off. Maybe they finally moved into together or something.

33. J Owens says:

Goren’s whereabouts will definitely have to be addressed, even if only as an oblique reference.

34. Susan121206 says:

I don’t watch SVU, but I will watch the episodes with Kathryn Erbe!! I’m so happy I get to see Alex again!!

35. Deena says:

I am not getting my hopes up for a big return with Eames. I was giddy as ever when I heard Mike Cutter would be back last season from the mother ship and his role was a whole lot of nothing. I really hope they don’t waste her. She is too awesome.

36. Sharon S. Berg says:

Started watching L&O SVU in 2005. I am hooked. Mariska Hargitay is the best. Love her character. I miss Dr Werner not being on as much. I learn a lot watching this show, but am sad that such crimes happen. Hope this show is on forever.

37. stacy franz says:

Really? Am I the only one who doesn’t like her…don’t care for her acting and she’s DULL and not attractive in the least…not a good actress. :-( Why is her character going from major crimes to svu…doesn’t make sense. Hope this doesn’t ruin the show that I love so much.

38. Daniel says:

I’ve always wanted to see a CI/SVU crossover episode, and when CI went off the air I was disappointed that it could never work. But now that Eames will appear on SVU, I’m so excited!

39. HunterThomas says:

Love this announcement!!

My dream SVU/CI crossover?? Finn and Goren. Both have worked undercover in the ‘drug unit’ (stated by each character on their own show). Finn is such a great ‘street’ character and Bobby is such a great ‘cerebral’ character. It could easily be established that they knew each other, even briefly.

But putting Finn and Goren together would be a great oil/water dynamic!!

40. randy says:

Well if their ratings go up because of her you will see her on a lot more episodes than one. A huge increase in the ratings could make the producers to consider her as a main character.

41. Jo B. says:

Reading all the posts on this thread/article validates my observation: Law & Order (the mothership), SVU and CI have very different fan bases and it is rare that you find a person like me who likes and appreciates all three. (Trust me though, I understand, for the longest time I did not like SVU but now I love it – well I used to. Not after Chris Meloni left though. I miss his character but more than that since Warren Leight took over – the show has gone down the toilet. Ugh. I hope it improves this season)

Having said the above, regarding Eames crossing to the SVU world – people – NBC – Wolf Films! You should know better!! PLEASE! Stop dumping random characters from different L&Os into another L&O. As much as I loved Mike Logan (and Chris Noth) – man, CI was tailor made for Vincent and his character Goren. While I didn’t mind Mike Logan’s resurrection here mostly because I love Chris Noth, if I were to take a step backward and forget that he’s Chris Noth, I would definitely say no. CI is Goren. Simple as that. I know D’Onofrio got sick and couldn’t do all episodes which is why CN stepped in – I wish though you’d have made a new character instead of dragging back one of L&O’s most beloved characters to a show that is clearly NOT for him.

Second example – Connie Rubirosa (Alana de la Garza) put into LOLA! Hello? Again bad move! I mean seriously???

Stop doing this people! PLEASE.

What SVU needs – an EP change. Chris Meloni as Stabler was there for 12 years and now his name doesn’t even get mentioned? They drag people from the past like Brian Cassidy but they can’t mention Elliot’s name. Duh.

And then because they’re quaking in fear of Criminal Minds, they get Paget Brewster to star their opener. Fine…then I say Criminal Minds should take advantage of the asset SVU today somehow refuses to make use of. Criminal Minds – you need to put Chris Meloni on your show now.

Oh God, I really hope they don’t eff up Eames. But considering how Warren Leight has butchered this show in one season, I don’t have much hope. :-(

42. Nancy says:

Hope they bring back Goren too!

43. Herbert Buetow says:

Herbert and the character Lt Goren my favorite TV detectives . Bring them both back.

44. TS says:

I will watch because of Eames but I so dislike SVU.