Exclusive

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Breaking Bad's Bob Odenkirk Returns as Barney's [Spoiler]

Bob OdenkirkBreaking Bad‘s Bob Odenkirk is overdosing on legal gigs.

The actor — who plays Walt and Jesse’s corrupt attorney Saul on the AMC drama — will return to How I Met Your Mother for a Season 8 guest spot, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: True Blood‘s Joe Manganiello Back as Brad For Multi-Ep Arc

Odenkirk, who was last seen as Marshall’s Goliath National Bank boss Arthur Hobbs in Season 6, will reappear in Episode 2 when his corporate lawyer pseudo-represents Barney in his pre-nup negotiations with Quinn. Judging from what executive producer Craig Thomas told us about October’s breakup extravaganza, we’re guessing the discussions do not go well.

Odenkirk’s previous credits include Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! and Entourage, as well as writing stints on Saturday Night Live, Late Night With Conan O’Brien and Tenacious D.

HIMYM kicks off its eighth season on Sept. 24.

1. Tom says:

I don’t know if that guy ever has done a HIMYM scene that wasn’t funny. Even the one about his dog. My favorite is when Barney was trying to get him to hire Ted as architect as a pro america hire.

2. Bob says:

You seem to have missed something in his list of credits…

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

Huh. I never noticed that was Odenkirk in that role. I’ll have to start paying more attention. One of my cousins recently informed me Odenkirk was in Arrested Development too, which I also don’t remember, and will definitely have to go back one of these days to find. The man is hilarious. He should do lots more comedy, and he should also do lots more Breaking Bad scenes. I feel like I’ve hardly seen him this season.

4. Sallu mughal says:

My favorite secne is when
    Barney was trying to get him to hire Ted
    as architect as a pro america hire.
    Sallu mughal
    +923326659071

5. EmmaCat says:

maybe we’ll finally find out what it is Barney does!!

6. @EmmaCat What Barney does? Psssh. Please.

7. Mikael says:

Artillery Arthur!

8. Alix says:

I’ll bet Quinn is still swindling Barney and this is where it will all come out.

9. Alan says:

i love artillery arthur, just rewatched his first episode today, definately one of my favorite recurring characters on the show. can he be in a few more episodes? maybe barneys company gets investigated for the horrible things that he has been alluding to for years

10. Malcolm says:

am i the only one who’s sad that Barney and Quinn will split and he’ll apparently marry Robin

• justsomegirl says:

no, you’re not. There’s lots of fans that are upset over the upcoming break up of Barney/Quinn. I’m not one of them tho, I’ll be glad when they break up and he marries Robin. Sorry, I just never felt Barney and Quinn’s so called “chemistry” like I did for Barney/Robin.