Exclusive

Exclusive: The Price Is Right Invites Male Models to Come On Down!

If you’re a decent enough-looking chap with a knack for caressing the contours of a washer-dryer set, your time is now.

The longest-running game show in history, CBS’ The Price Is Right, is launching its first-ever casting call to find a male model, with portions of the process airing as a web series. At the end of the search, one lucky looker will join Amber Lancaster, Gwendolyn Osborne, Manuela Arbelaez and Rachel Reynolds in helping players navigate the likes of Plinko and best appreciate eye-widening prize showcases.

The search begins Aug. 30 with an open call in Los Angeles, where hunky hopefuls will be interviewed by TPIR producers and the four female models. There, candidates will demonstrate verbal skills as well as the ability to pose and “properly showcase a product.” (Matt’s Helpful Hint No. 1: Do not straddle the JetSki backwards.)

As contenders move through the process and have their on-camera presence/skills further tested, the judges will make eliminations but also afford cast-offs some opportunity to jump back into the mix.

On Sept. 28, as up to six finalists are announced on The Price Is Right, the five-episode web series will launch (at PriceIsRight.com and YouTube.com/PriceIsRight), showing the wannabes engaging in assorted challenges. Viewers will then have until Oct. 4 to vote for their pick to land a one-week gig on TPIR (beginning Oct. 15).

The open call will be held Thursday, Aug. 30, from 10 am to 2 pm PST at KCBS Studios, 4024 Radford Avenue, Studio City, Calif. (PriceIsRight.com has official rules and eligibility requirements.)

1. Kalee says:

By the long job description, you’d think the male model would be building a computer while operating a forklift while handling a launch code.

• Lyndon James says:

“Verbal Skills?” Have I missed something about the (expanding) role of the models on “The Price is Right”? Since when have they ever been required to talk on camera?

• Alex says:

My guess is that the verbal skills are required for the press interviews this gig will bring; not because he will be speaking on the show.

• The models started being allowed to speak shortly after Drew Carey took over as host. They chat with Drew and read of the copy about the items up for bid.

2. Lenzel says:

Mr. Executive Producer what about those of us who cannot afford to come to LA. I live in Miami; and would relish the opportunity to participate

3. Lamarr says:

WHO the hell thought of the idea to use men as models on the show?!?! If it was Mike Richards, he is a gay ass idiot!!!!! An Idiot who should be whipped on his naked ass, legs, and back!!!! Just like Kunta Kinte in Roots, only Mike should be completely bare!!!!

4. hr says:

Why not men? Equal rights go both ways..and most daytime women will want to look At a hunky guy, esp shirtless on a jetski

5. I had promoted this idea 15 years ago to then host Bob Barker when I was consulting and managing clients. He did not like the idea. I did so because I had modeling experience and it only makes with certain prizes and products that are male-use oriented.

6. ksu2000grad says:

Does that mean no more Daniel Goddard from Y&R? He’s so delicious and I love when he’s on TPIR.

7. I had promoted this idea 15 years ago to then host Bob Barker when I was consulting and managing clients. He did not like the idea. I did so because I had modeling experience and it only makes sense with certain prizes and products that are male-use oriented.

8. clint says:

i dont get it == why are the auditions only in la == thats not fare to people around the country

9. Lamarr says:

I’m not one to hate, I’ll put it to yall like this, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE MEN modeling ANYTHING!!!!! Also, I’ll admit what I had posted was a little too far, but Mike has screwed up so many times, him and Adam Sandler, so they should be punished somehow!!!

10. Lamarr says:

Mike richards is one of the dumbest idiots I have ever heard of, he should get strapped, and whipped in front of fans who disapproved of what he did to the show!!!

11. Rob says:

Not sure why there’s so much backlash about this. Sale of the Century used TWO male models and no one blinked an eye.

12. Rick says:

Lamarr, it’s simple. Your comments are offensive and smell of bigotry. your comments are therefore worthless.

13. Lamarr says:

To Rick Steven and Will since y’all think my comments are negative keep them to yourselves otherwise y’all should have yall asses whipped pants and undies down!!!

14. Cameron Scott says:

Why are all you men watching these shows anyway?
    Get a job, and it won’t affect you either way.