Soaps Shocker: Ronn Moss Quits The Bold and the Beautiful After 25 Years

If you’re not yet a notch on Ridge Forrester’s bedpost, damn girl, you’d better hop to it.

Ronn Moss, one of The Bold and the Beautiful‘s “core four” original cast members, is calling it quits after nearly 25-1/2 years with the CBS sudser.

VIDEO | Days of Our Lives Explosive First Look: Sami and EJ Rumble in the Rubble!

An insider tells EW.com, which first reported the news, that Moss elected not to re-up with B&B because of salary issues — an increasingly common stumbling block as the few soaps left on the air draw skimpier and skimpier ratings.

A spokesperson for Bell Phillip Television, which produces B&B, confirmed Moss’ exit, saying in a statement to EW.com, “We will always consider him family, and we wish him only the best in all of his future endeavors.”

Neither Moss nor his awards-show scarves have yet to comment on the decision.

RELATED | Kelly Monaco on Juggling General Hospital With Dancing With the Stars: They’ll Have to Put Sam in a Coma!

Moss will shoot his final scenes this Tuesday, to air sometime in September. With his departure, John McCook, Susan Flannery and Katherine Kelly Lang stand as the show’s only remaining original players (“the key three?”).

B&B/soap fans in general, what do you think about losing a vet like Moss to the faltering daytime-TV economy?

1. Jake says:

No more RIdge Forrester! Noooooooooooooo

• jeorgie says:

i think they should bring back that joker who played ridge back in 1992 nobody wouldnt even notice it wasnt even mr.moss lol

• Barsha Gist says:

Ok now Susan Flannery is leaving da show is sad but designer star Ronn Moss as Ridge now that’s even sadder i wish they would work out they differences with da producer/ executive then Ronn Moss would stay n da soaps but u have 2 do what’s right so i wish him all da luck n da world 2 his retiring so sorry 2 c him go also but that’s show biz 4 ya Mr. Moss good luck on da way 2 ur retiring n may u have good fortune 2 ur jurney

• The so called New Ridge is a joke,, it would be better to have brought a new guy to the show,this person is NOTHING like Ron!!!! PLEASE Ex this notion and offer Ron to RETURN, y’all are messing the show up BIG time,,,, We soap fans enjoy our shows the same as evening viewers,, more should be done in understanding our support,,, Ron deserved his Pay<< to replace him is like unto replacing Elvis,,, IMPOSSIBLE !

2. TV Gord says:

Wow, that was quite a bit of overacting, Jake. Are you auditioning? ;-)

3. Madam Spectra says:

Time to bring back Jack Wagner as Nick Marone!

4. Working some Yankees into the story, I see what you did there Mr. Mitovich and I approve.

5. maynepei says:

B&B has turned into a joke I am sure the rest of the remaining original 3 would jump ship with the bad story lines lately. I am sure Mr. Moss will return when he realizes that no other show will take him.

• yippity says:

I’m pretty sure there won’t be any show for Mr. Moss to return to. More and more viewers are fed up with the crappy storylines about the teen triangle. Who even cares about them? Only $Bill could save the show but if his only scenes involve Liam and Katie, even that will be boring.

6. karna says:

Everytime I ever watch The B & B lately its always about the triangle between Steffy,Liam & Hope..uh..history repeting itself with the Brooke, Ridge & Taylor…saga..?

• george ster says:

You’re 100% correct. This show will fold in less than a year, taking the other CBS soap Y&R with it.

• Marie says:

Exactly right! That triangle is getting pretty tiresome…

• Alexx says:

For some reason B&B has become stale they stories are not as strong they don’t know what to do with Donna and Pam, Marcus & Dayzee, Thomas, Rick and Caroline. Let Steffy become pregnant with Liam’s baby, give Deacon more of a story line perhaps he should get back with Brooke….ummmm juicy. :)

• keya says:

boy the fruit dont fall fare from the tree. they need to give it up and start with a new story line pppplllleeeaaassseee

• gtegory says:

dont repet , taylor and brooke and ridge ,do not do the same with steffie and liam that hope gets liam back cause its enouf nobody will be intrested let steffie have liam they belong together.give hope back to oliver.

7. Joy says:

quite honestly, would you want a partner as wishy washy as Hope if you are a guy. How about Liam if you are a girl.
    I only tune in occaisionally but everytime I do there they are. Hope/Liam/Steffy. I quit

8. TMW says:

Good riddance to one of the worst actors ever on TV in ANYTHING (and I’m including the kid in Smash).

9. Dennis says:

Maybe now Moss will go to school and learn how to act.

10. Shirley Hoffman says:

I’ll be glad to see Ridge go. I never thought he was much of an actor.

11. JAmandaFan says:

No one is too big for a pay cut. The show is trying to stay on the air–I mean every big soap actor is taking pay cuts! If Susan Lucci took a pay cut then he should too! I’m not a fan of his, but I admit it will be weird not having him around…maybe his grizzly death will provide great material for the other actors! (Here’s hoping…)

12. Kristi says:

No big loss soaps seem to being nudged out the door.

13. Tani says:

Too bad it didnt happen years i have rooted for every romance with Brook Deacon and Nick and each time they dropped story and she went back to ridge i always foundthem boring so im happy.I Hear Jon Hensley ex Holden snyder on atwt might be joining full time i wonder if he will be paired with brook.I would love to see Ted King ex Alcazar from GH be a love interest for brooke

14. Thom Perrigo says:

i think its a ploy used to get what he wants like eric braden and melody scott thomas have raised to an artform!

15. Marilyn Cromer says:

I would be so happy is this turns out to be true! Cannot stand Moss! Terrible actor and why does he think he deserves more money than they are offering! It is the second best thing that could happen to B&B. The absolute best thing that could happen would be to bring back Jack Wagner!

16. Rhonda says:

Hunter -Tylo also quit a few years ago because she wanted more money and surprise surprise she came back from the dead….beacuse ‘the price was right’ …he will too

• jane_b says:

That’s so not true. Mrs Tylo left for personal reasons, because her son was killed in an accident. Don’t write stuff out of your imagination.
      Plus, Mr Moss has already said on Twitter that the reasons he left were not only financial and he will explain after his final scenes in the show. His fellow cast members also have problems with Bradley Bell. It seems he’s nothing like his father, that’s why the show is going down the hill fast.

• Pat Graney says:

Excuse me, that poster IS right about Hunter Tylo leaving and coming back “from the dead.” That was a few years before her son tragically died. You could probably confirm that the poster, and I, are right, by reading about it in either IMDB or Wikipedia. When her son died, she in fact kept “right on going” with the show; didn’t take even a month off, if I remember correctly.

• jane_b says:

Excuse you, it’s so obvious “that poster and you” are the same person. Really? Quoting imdb and wikipedia as accurate sources to make your point? Hmmmm… Check your dates, honey. That’s the safest way. Or you could ask Mrs Tylo on Twitter. She herself has denied quite a lot of false rumors lately.

• Hah Hah ha says:

Sorry, but those posters were right about when Hunter Tylo’s son died – it happened not long before the Phoebe dying storyline – which happened long after her second return – I read that many of her cast mates were concerned for her mental health during that time, but Tylo insisted on doing the storyline.

She left B&B twice, the first time was for Melrose Place, but she was fired from MP for getting pregnant (this is well documented, she sued Aaron Spelling for 5 million dollars and won). The second time, she was fired because of backstage demands – wanting her character of Taylor to be a “role model for 12 year old girls”. As a result, Taylor was written into a corner and Brad Bell felt there was nothing more for the character to do or offer – thus Taylor was shot and killed by Sheila. Tylo was furious over being fired and infamously gave away up coming story lines on her website.

B&B was blessedly free of Tylo for a few years, but she needed to work after her divorce and came crawling back to Brad Bell. Brad Bell allowed her to return, but he made it clear Taylor would no longer be the Saint Tylo had demanded she be. Ronn Moss has stated he was instrumental to Tylo’s return by convincing Brad Bell to bring her back.

• She left the show that time A LONG TIME BEFORE HER SON died, he only died a few years ago, she left way back, when she died in Ridges arms and Omar stole her and replaced her with a wax dummy, and no one noticed.

• Mae says:

Taylor is not a good actor and for being a so called phys she sure doesn’t know much and she sure has a selective memory about all the really bad things she has done and all the men she has been with she has no chemistry with Ridge or any of the men let her goooooooooooo

• gtegory says:

taylor should get ridge now when he comes back cause let him come back.that will suprice evryone and thats what most of us waits for cause brookegoes with evryone she dont deserve to be with ridge.she coul be so many more she already had evryone there.stop already let taylor and ridge live happy and let brooke suffer a little and let her find some one eals dont always let the logans winn evrything cause its getting borring.

• Sami says:

First of all gt h need to learn to spell! Lol
        If u followed the show you would know that Taylor has been with quite a few men herself including Ridge, Thorn, Jack (and a few others) and bus get ex father in law Eric???? She is physo lately too and her children deserve the “Forrester legacy not the Logan’s????? Excuse me but Ridge is NOT a Forrester by birth, he’s a Maroni so therefore Thomas and stupid Steffy are not real Forresters, Rick is!! Steffy goes on and on about Hope needs to respect her and Liam’s relationship, hello!!! Like she did hope and Liam’s, bill and Katie’s??? Plz…..,I want Hope and Liam together, they were together first just like Ridge and Brooke were together first. Taylor needs to get a life and they need to end this stupid storyline with Hope, Liam and Steffy!!! Hopefully Steffy will lose the baby cause she WILL use it to get Liam back….. I know that. I too am sick of the triangle!! Liam doesn’t deserve Hope, she’s too good for him…… There’s not a viewer out there Steffy fans included that would’ve put up with what hope did what Liam and Steffy did behind her back…..plz

17. Ali says:

Loved him in the 80’s but haven’t watched that wreck of a show (nor DOOL) in years. When if I flip the TV on and see either soap, I’m amazed at how bad they are. I guess when I was younger it was entertaining, but now, it’s unwatchable. Time to retire gracefully or do a reality show. Was Ron the one who sang some 70’s/80’s one hit wonder song with his band or is that some other soap has been?

18. lipsticksocialism says:

I adore Brooke x Ridge, but if Ronn has decided to leave, I’d be happy to root for Brooke x Nick :)

19. Shonna Edwards says:

He has the worse hair

20. Susie says:

I have mixed feelings about him leaving…..The only strong male lead is “Bill” and he is a credible actor.
    They definitely do have to retire the love triangle of Liam, Steffy, and Hope. That played out a long time ago!

• Pat Graney says:

“Bill” played by Don Diamont is a credible actor? on what planet?? he’s a terrible, dreadful actor but (a) still better than Ronn Moss and (b) good-looking. You mean, perhaps, “viable leading man”. But that character, so far at least, is a bit of a villian, no? But yes, I agree that he is adequate enough to keep the show going without Ronn Moses. Or perhaps “Bold” could move a leading actor (Christian LeBlanc?) over from “Y&R” before that show goes to hell in a handbasket, thanks to hideous new Exec Prod and headwriter. Maybe…

21. jihenry says:

I do not like Ridge and IMO, RM cannot act. Plus I am tired of the show centering around him.

22. Hurley says:

About damn time!!!! Worst actor ever.

23. janice says:

I’m sure he’s a great guy, but the guy is just not a good actor. No trying to be mean. Just stating an obvious fact. Perhaps he’ll stick to music.

• Michelle says:

you are so right. He was hired for his looks that did not translate to his bad acting. Truthfully though the show is horrible and should be retired.

I remember watching it in the 80’s when i was teenager and it’s played out when the story of Ridge and Brook goes on and on and on. I stopped watching this show in 1989

• Kathryn E. Parella says:

I must admit I’m getting tired of the “Ridge & Brooke Storyline” as well. Although I still love the soap, the plot should be changed from time to time & not keep going with the same characters. We need some new & refreshing faces.

• BOS says:

If you stopped watching the show in 1989 you really aren’t much of a judge of the show, just someone who enjoys talking.

24. Hah Hah ha says:

Good riddance to one of the worst actors in the history of television.

Good riddance to the disgusting character of Ridge. Won’t miss him.

25. Donna says:

The Brook/Ridge show was really getting old and long in the tooth..Same old thing of them always in a clinch..The show needs to develop some new story lines, it is really boring now..Really won’t miss Moss, bring Nick back!!!

26. Winnie says:

Like most here, I wouldn’t fall all over myself to defend Ronn Moss’ acting, but he is a soap icon. The character name, the jawline, the question of acting – these (as well as Hunter Tylo’s beauty, Darlene Conley’s “moxie” and Susan Flannery’s gravitas) are all reasons I was intruiged to start watching just over a decade ago. I used to take my lunch break at 1:30 pm EST to watch, and my male and female co-workers would joke/lament about bad acting and crazy antics, but we were all (most were non-soap fans, but no one complained and it was a fun 1/2 hour) so entertained, which is what I love B&B for. I love that he poked fun at his acting/expressiveness (along with then-Rick, Kyle Lowder) on The Soup years back.

As far as your question, Matt, I think this doesn’t bode well for a genre already seeing so much upheaval. Yes, the show was renewed for a set time, but even if Ronn Moss returns, it might be too little, too late on any future chance for the show and the genre. I recently got back from Germany where it is currently off-the-air but will be back (under the title Reich und Schon*), and they released DVDs of earlier seasons. I wish they would do that here, as I think it could be profitable. Him leaving, for whatever reason (in true soap fan fashion, I’d like to hear more about these “other circumstances” being teased), is sad for people like me who enjoyed the campiness along with some of the storytelling, but it could, if done right, be an opportunity to bring the show to new heights. However, like many Internet commenters, I have no suggestions, only subjective observations and personal reactions to offer.

27. Cheryl says:

He’s a great actor, handsome and talented as well. In a town like Hollywood where here today gone today is common for Ronn to have a role for 20 plus years is monumental. Ronn you will be missed greatly, hopefully you’ll come back baby!!!!!

• Joanne says:

I was so upset when I saw Ronn Mosses character get recasted I loved Ronn Moss since the aired I wish they would bring him back. The new character is ok but I have to get used to him. What I don’t like is that the producers put him with Brook’s sister Katie they just don’t even look right together

28. darcywilson says:

Let’s be honest, we’re lucky he stuck around this long. There are rarely four original actors who stay with a soap for over 20 years. Yeah, there’s always a Susan Lucci, but four people? We’ve been lucky.

29. Kathryn E. Parella says:

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. I AM A REAL FAN OF THIS SOAP & AM SORRY TO SEE RONN MOSS, A
    VERY TALENTED ACTOR LEAVE A SHOW HE’S BEEN DOING FOR OVER TWENTY-FIVE YEARS. I WILL CERTAINLY MISS HIM BUT I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN HIS
    ENDEAVORS.

30. Liz says:

Well, I loved his character when he was married to Taylor, happy with his wife & three children. (I never could stand Brooke). I hope he will leave with Taylor to live happily ever after…

31. LizzyLoo says:

Im not one of the haters here. The Ridge character is a bit tired along with a few others but he is part of the soapie. Bold Dool & Y&R Ive watched for years & yes the storylines get old and often repeated but if I can just grab a few mins to catch up with the daily happenings I do enjoy them all despite their corniness. Heres hoping the soapies survive though as it doesnt sound to good….

32. katherine says:

I am very sad, dissapointed and near to cry. I love Ronn soo much, and Ridge was/is the only one reason why I watch this show. I wish Ronn great luck in everything he will do in future.

• Kathryn E. Parella says:

I am just as sad to see Ronn Moss & his character, Ridge Forrester leave the nest. But this was his choice & I want to wish him the very best in whatever he decides to do. I know it won’t be the same, but he feels he needs to move on & do something different with his life & also his career.

33. Rob R says:

Always sad when a tentpole character leaves a soap…..even if he is not a particularly talented actor. He was there for the jawline and the cheekbones, which he has preserved carefully as he aged into his 60s and the show moved to high definition. He will probably enjoy being relieved from the pressure of having to look so beautiful.

34. jeorgie says:

i kinda see ronn moss maybe doing a few lifetime tv movies if they ll hire him that is besides better not make prince brad bell mad, remember what they done to poor brenda dickerson back in 1987 over the role of jill abbott im still mad as hell over that

35. Tierra hall says:

Won’t be the same :-(

36. missu says:

It sad will miss him it wont be the same he is a good actor and he is a beautiful man and i like his hair im going to stop watching the steffy hope liam is enough and they need to let other story lines go on they bring brigett back and baby where are tbey nick baby jack they just stop bill was better as brad on y&r it will not be the same ridge is sexy they could never replace that brad pitt maybe

37. Carol Kemna says:

Not a terrific actor, but I enjoyed him. Agree about the steffy liem hope ridiculous story line. Stopped watching for awhile. Jack Wagner needs to come back. He & his mom were really nice to watch. The show won’t be the same without him. Better not get rid of Stephanie. She is the best actress there. B & b is the only soap I watch.

38. IfOnly says:

Ron Moss is a terrible actor butwho cares ? he is so popular because he is handsome and no other man on that show can compare. They have to bring him back and the story with him and brook continue. They should keep susan flannery john Mcook Ronn Moss and KKL. Otherwise the show will end fast. Bill and Steffy should have a fling again. Donna and Eric should get back together behind Stephanies back. Jacki and her cabana boy was boring as hell. Leave them out. Perhaps Hunter Tylo and Thorn. Also the girl who plays amber should be brought back to the show and her mother. This is only way BB will survive.

39. jackie says:

”WOW…ILOVE HIM…like all tv ”UN-REAL-REALITY TV HAS TAKEN OVER… I WELL TAKE THE SOAP any day to what they think is reality tv…Ronn we well miss you…good luck

40. Judy says:

enough is enough sick of Hope and Liam and Stephanie kill it!!!!!

• Alexx says:

I too am sick of the Liam and Hope story line either let the be together or move on. Happy Ridge is out his acting sucked. Stephanie role ran its course good bye Susan Flannery at the best. Alexx

41. Diane says:

Jeez…..why in the world have all you people watched all these years if you hate him, her, this and that? IT’S A SOAP OPERA! As far as dopey story lines go, I occasionally have turned on other shows to see how jaw-droppingly awful they were. I love BB and Y&R. A few story lines have been a little hard to buy, but all in all, I think the stories are pretty good. Especially the run in’s with the law. Anyone out there find Y&R’s Ronan to be a tasty hunk?

42. Special says:

Brooke without ridge is like a fish without water. Please do not put Brooke with Spencer, I assure you will loose many viewers. Please give Ridge the salary he wants. He deserve it all and more.

43. Jacqulyne says:

Please please bring back Ron DeMoss – it is yet to be seen if the B&B can survive losing Stephanie (not sure it can) but we need Ridge and Brooke to carry on the Eric/Stephanie love story. B & B has had some really stupid/not realistic story lines – make it “real” and let Brooke and Ridge continue. Hunter Tylo is important too as is keeping the cast consistent. Bringing back Amber would probably be a good idea too!
    A long term B & B viewer

• Libby says:

I agree with you. I to have watched since day one. And hope that B&B and Y&R can survive. I HATE reality TV. Some of us love our soaps because we can live in their world for a little bit each day :-)

44. Libby says:

B&B does need Ronn Moss back as Ridge. The do need Ridge and Brooke TOGETHER. Since “Stephanie” will be leaving (wishing Susan Flannery much happiness and hope she will be able to cope better with retirement. I too suffer with the same and know the daily pain first hand). Together Ridge and Brooke can become the Eric/Stephanie the show so desperately needs. Do away with the Liam/Hope/Steffi triangle. Enough is enough. What girl in their right mind would want a boy that can love you one minute and love the other girl the next minute. He’s a boy whore. Hope deserves better for sure. I like Steffi but she is the best choice for Liam. Maybe she can help Liam “keep it in his pants” and be REALLY in love with her. Hope is to nice of a girl. I did like the idea of Hope and Thomas and Rick with Caroline. A story that would be good is Hope to be pregnant with Liam’s baby and Thomas and Hope raise it as theirs :-) But let Steffi know the truth and hide it from Liam in fear of losing him to Hope..again. Only to tell Liam AFTER the baby is born and Hope and Thomas TRULY MADLY in LOVE with each other…oh..and married of course.

45. Debbie says:

I can’t believe Ronn didn’t have professional courtesy to comeback and say good bye to Susan Flannery his mother on Bold and Beautiful. That long on a show that you made your living due to your fans and that you couldn’t work it in your schedule to wait a couple of months to quit. Thanks a lot! if you even think of coming back forget about I lost all respect for you as a fan viewer since your soap started.

• Tobey says:

Hello, this is the most sensible comment I read. I’ll bet Ronn had enough money to appear for one more show to say goodbye to his mother. Good grief. And we thought he had some class, Comment by Tobey

46. monique says:

Wel I am so sorry for Ridge we watch the program since the beginning want be the same any more. we love Ridge and Brooke wath a nice cople together so gentle
    Sorry for the mistake i am french.
    Nous aimions beaucoup Ridge toujours tres calme maintenant c est Sephanie qui nous quitte qui sera la prochaine Brooke …tout ca pour une question de gros sous on aurait du enlever le pere au lieu de Ridge ce n est pas que je ne l aime pas mais j aurais prefere garder Ridge meme opinion pour ma famille en Europe apres discussion
    J espere que vous aller arriver a un arrangement
    I feel so sad. thanks

47. Cate says:

You folks are pathetic. I tuned in because I thought Stephanie had died in real life. True life is a bigger soap so stop watching and fix up your own lives.

48. Lori says:

OH MY…I love the old Ridge. He was so handsome…clean cut. He was a great actor. I just CAN’T accept this new Ridge. His hair looks greasy. No, no, no!! I’ve been waiting for Ronn’s return to the show. So disappointed in the casting that has been done. PLEASE bring the old Ridge back!

49. Leane says:

I love the show, but without the old Ridge with Brooke, not good at all. No more Liam. It is time for something new and interesting, like Wyatt and Hope getting married real soon. $Bill should get back together with Steffy, this will wake up the show. Send Katie on vacation for the company.

• Geri Cochran says:

Without Ridge there is no B&B – and after all my years of listening and watching this show (I am 82 years young), well now, there is no moire B&B for me. Ridge was really a humungous part of the show and he should have been offered any amount of money he wanted to stay with it. You have lost a fantastic drawing for your show. You could not be faithfkul to your fans and now at least one of your fans ( me) cannot be there for you. This is a sad goodbye for me. Geri Cochran

50. glenda howery says:

i want him back, I do not like the new one.