Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Good Wife Tees Up Sopranos Face-Off, Casts Annabella Sciorra as Alicia's [Spoiler]

Annabella Sciorra The Good WifeIt’s Tony Soprano’s worst nightmare come true: Two of his mistresses are about to come face-to-face.

Annabella Sciorra has signed on to guest star on The Good Wife opposite fellow Sopranos alum Julianne Margulies, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Sciorra will play a tough, smart gangland lawyer who’s a doppelganger of Margulies’ Alicia.

FIRST PHOTO | Meet Kalinda’s Husband!

The two actresses never actually crossed paths on The Sopranos. By the time Margulies’ mob moll, also named Julianna, entered Tony’s life in Season 6, Sciorra’s Gloria Trillo was a distant memory (the unhinged car salesman hanged herself shortly after Tony ended their affair.)

Sciorra will likely encounter another familiar face on the Good Wife set — her former Law & Order: Criminal Intent partner Chris Noth.

RELATED | How Will Change In Football Kickoff Times Affect The Good Wife?

Sciorra joins a growing list of Season 4 guest stars that includes previously announced newbies Amanda Peet, Maura Tierney, Nathan Lane, Kristin Chenoweth and Marc Warren.

The Good Wife kicks off its fourth season on Sunday, Sept. 30 on CBS.

Comments (12)

• Haven’t seen Ms. Sciorra in a while. I don’t generally watch TGW because while I love Alan Cumming and Matt Czuchrey, I dislike Margulies. I may tune in for AS’s episodes.

Comment by Spelling cop – August 10, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much I respect the right to your own opinion, I must ask what is it that you don’t like about Julianna Marguiles?! She is perfection in this role.

I would challenge you to try to watch this series because it truly is the best drama on TV overall. From the acting to the writing to the production. It is just stellar!

Comment by Jared – August 10, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second that. She’s phenomenal.

Comment by Isabel – August 11, 2012 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With so many guest stars i hope we still get to see jackie and the kids i miss that from season 1, the family drama part.

Comment by Andres – August 10, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony and Julianna never consumated there flirtation. She did later have a trist w/ Christopher.

Comment by Jon – August 10, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sciorra is such a one-note, monotone actress, I can only hope her arc is one episode.

Comment by cathiecat – August 10, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t agree that she’s one-note, monotone in her roles. Her character in the movie Jungle Fever is quite different than her character on The Sopranos, for example. I look forward to seeing her on The Good Wife.

Comment by Brandy – August 10, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA. Her roles in Little City and Destination Anywhere weren’t the same either. I like her.

Comment by Spelling cop – August 10, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a confusing article? You can’t just say Annabella is guest starring rather than make it so confusing?

Comment by Jake – August 10, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will they have time to do something with their regulars this year?

Comment by Lucy – August 11, 2012 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TGW managed to get some of the best guest stars on television. I’m excited to see what happens this season.

Comment by Jared – August 11, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow annabella sciorra .she is smoking hot definitely a cougar.

Comment by tim w – January 18, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post