Fall TV Preview

Private Practice Scoop: A 'Happy Ending' for Addison! But Will the Show Go On Without Her?

The show must go on. That is the mindset Shonda Rhimes is holding firm to as she plans out Private Practice Season 6, which after 13 episodes will bid adieu to original cast member Kate Walsh and the character of Addison.

Visiting the ABC drama’s set on the occasion of its 100th episode, TVLine presented Rhimes with what ABC boss Paul Lee told us last month, that ideas are being bandied about to keep the doors of Seaside Wellness open beyond Walsh’s departure.

“I get asked by the network specifically to not think of this as the last 13 episodes of the show,” Rhimes responded. “I’ve said this before: I want us to keep going. We have great creative ideas that we’re excited about and we want to push forward with.”

RELATED | ABC Boss Weighs In on Grey’s Changes and a Private Practice Without Kate Walsh

As Rhimes noted, “This is such a great group of people…. The actors are so talented, the crew is so amazing…. We all want to stay together if we’re telling great stories and we’re doing it well.”

Walsh herself echoed that sentiment, believing whole-heartedly that Private Practice should and will thrive even in her absence.

“Absolutely! The show is so solid — the writing, the characters, the stories. It’s got a huge, huge foundation and roots,” she told us. “So yeah, I could absolutely see it going on.”

VIDEO | Kate Walsh Confirms: ‘This Is My Last Season of Private Practice

But what story will usher Addison — who in the Season 5 finale dove into her new role as mom and fielded a marriage proposal from off-and-on sweetheart Sam — off the canvas when the time comes? Rhimes said that while she is stilling mulling ideas for Walsh’s exit story (“I change what that is almost weekly in my head”), she seems to know one thing for certain.

“The character deserves a happy ending,” she asserted. “We’ve watched Addison from the beginning. She started out as one of the most hated characters on Grey’s Anatomy and has grown to be this person that we really love. That character’s journey, I think, deserves a happy ending.”

In the meantime, Walsh is electing to just sit back and enjoy this final ride with the character she created more than seven years ago, on Grey’s.

“I am honestly just trying to stay totally present and enjoy every second,” she said. “It’s been a profound experience… like a really good dream. I have no idea what’s going to come next, but I’m really excited about it.” (Reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (100)

• Ridiculous! The show cannot go on with Addison.

Comment by tara – August 10, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I pretty much hated what they did with the character on PP. Loved her on Greys, but PP was a mess. I made it until the lunatic carved Violet’s baby out of her stomach, and that was the end for me. Ugh. They’d ruined Cooper by then, so the distastfulness of it all was too much.

Comment by Temperence – August 11, 2012 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Every week someone was crying, for professionals they had more sadness then happy times. Violet was terrible character very weak personality, needy
        Ugh is right

Comment by nickie – October 22, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Temp…you were not a loyal fanatic then, You bailed and shame on you. That could really happen. It did really happen, however they both died and Charles Manson is prison forever. Disloyalty is grim. That was the only gruesome one, and it was horrific, however we all came to love Violet and so you stay and love her like we all do our real friends in real life.

Comment by annie – September 17, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Every show can! They need a good replacment! An eye catcher! Someone whos story captures U just like Addy did! After she rides into the sunset with Jake, my idea is Sheldon’s ex wife!

Comment by Mare – August 11, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is no show without Addison… They should end it and sent Amelia to her brother in Grey’s Anatomy.

Comment by Lubomir Raykov – August 10, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree!!!!!

Comment by Nina – August 10, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely agree! Amelia is the only reason I watched last season!

Comment by Cristina – August 13, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very happy to hear that Shonda thinks Addison should have a happy ending.

Comment by Krissy – August 10, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • considering shonda’s track record with other actors leaving, like killing them off, i would be careful to believe what she says. That being said, I absolutely hated Addison when she first came to grey’s but by the next season, Addison quickly became my favorite. Which is the reason I followed her to PP. But, in LA, Addison lost what made me love her on Grey’s. So for me, I’d be ok with her leaving, because Charlotte & Cooper are the ones I want to watch.

Comment by rebecca – August 10, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YaY!! I like happy endings!!

Comment by Keren – August 10, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I think Kate Walsh is being immensely inconsiderate towards her castmembers by quiting the show, knowing very well that it might not go on without her, and thus effectively leaving the rest without a job, I think in this case, the show might actually improve after Addison is gone. I was getting real tired of all the babydrama and AddiSam crap that was ruling not only Addison’s life, but pretty much the whole show as well. It can’t get any worse, and I think last season showed that storylines for the rest of the characters are far more interesting, so I think that, if given a chance, they can prove they don’t need Kate/Addison for this show.

Comment by Dominique – August 10, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN

Comment by Me – August 10, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Inconsiderate? Lol. No, she is just the only one with a brain who knows the show is dead with or without her.

Comment by Jamie – August 10, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And thats why i cannot stand walsh, because of fans like you who have to insult other actors, please shut up already

Comment by barbie – August 11, 2012 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh please. Actors leave tv shows all the time. They have to do what’s best for their careers and if the overall writing for PP hadn’t been quite as crappy during the last two seasons maybe the show would have gotten better ratings. PP was close to getting cancelled last season WITH Kate Walsh. Says a lot about. This show has only a very slim chance to survive past season 6 with or without Walsh.

Comment by Karen – August 10, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I LOVE EVERY EPISODE, AND DID NOT HAVE CRAPPY WRITINGS THE LAST 2 SEASONS. I LEARNED A LOT FROM THE PROGRAM AND WAS IN LOVE WITH THEM ALL, BECAUSE I AM MATURE ENOUGH TO LOVE PEOPLE FOR WHOM THEY ARE AND YA ALL HAVE NOT LEARNED THAT YET. ACCEPT PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE. I WOULD LOVE TO CONTINUE IN THEIR LIVES, NOW THAT EVERYONE IS HAPPY. VIOLET BIRTHED THE SERIES, WITH HER SECOND BOOK. I WILL MISS THEM ALL. I WATCH ALL 6 EPISODES ON “ON DEMAND” IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS. WISH SHONDA WOULD START UP A WHOLE NEW ONE WITH EVERYONE HAVING BABIES, AND I WANT VIOLET TO BE WITH THE BOOK GUY. GOOD GOOD SHOW.

Comment by annie – September 17, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you realize you make the others sound like a bunch of losers who need Kate to survive and have a career? Is Kate Walsh their “mommy” who has to make sure they have a job? Ha.

Comment by Carrie – August 10, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to THIS. There are always people who don’t know what they’re saying.

Comment by R – August 11, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed about the baby & Sam drama.

I also grew to despise the open/close schtick of Addi at the therapist. It was the final straw and I just didn’t even want to SEE Addison anymore. Not a diss on Kate Walsh, I think she’s fantastic.

Comment by megalion – August 11, 2012 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s why i don’t have an issue with Kate leaving. It’s not Buffy the vampire slayer where the actress’s character IS the focus despite ensemble cast.

Private Practice may have started out focused on Addison but has become an ensemble show where all the main characters get their share of airtime.

Personally, I’m ready to drop Sam and Violet (and Pete but he’s already gone) as well. Their stories seem played out. Pete seemed to go through multiple personality changes throughout the show but I don’t blame Daly.

Take Sheldon, Amelia, Charlotte, Cooper and Bratt’s character and move on with fresh blood in the form of replacement doctors in the practice.

Comment by megalion – August 11, 2012 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure Kate is quite ready to leave Shondaland (as most actors are after a few years), and move on to playing other roles. There is little doubt that we’ll see her appear again, hopefully in a show with better, less contrived and overwrought scripting.

Comment by Temperence – August 11, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison has had every awful thing happen to her. It’s more than kind of funny that there was a question mark in the title because it had the words “Addison” and “happy” together. Shonda needs to get her act together and stop recycling ideas (fantasy and musical episodes? Really? how original and never done before!) and give us one good Addison-centric season before the show is cancelled.

Comment by F. – August 10, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam is her happy ending PERIOD

Comment by Jackie – August 10, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sam should be called no one’s “happy” ending the way he’s been behaving since season 3 IMO.

Comment by Karen – August 10, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha! So true! He’s been a real grump for so long.

Comment by megalion – August 11, 2012 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sam should go back to Naomi.

Comment by rebecca – August 10, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES! I have always held out for Sam and Naomi! Glad to know there is still others in that boat with me…

Comment by Twilight123 – August 10, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want her back in Grey’s !!

Comment by sharona – August 10, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do hope Shonda stays true to her statement on giving Addy a “happy ending” … you never know what dark and twisted stuff to expect (especially since RIP Lexie)

but lets face it, Addison is the show, No other character (other than Charlotte) holds so much strength on its own to run a show like PPP.

Comment by R – August 10, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for Addison and Mark (should Grey’s not kill him off) to reunite (off screen?) and end up together.
    I always liked them together :)

Comment by marge – August 10, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think if the show ends, at least let Amelia move to Grey’s–especially with the rumors that Derek and Meredith are going to Boston. Addison made the show–she IS the show–but Amelia is a vital part as well. Plus, I want to see her happy for the first time in probably a long time.

Comment by Bailey – August 10, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless they pull a Glee,that’s not happening.

Comment by Shaun – August 10, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Shonda said in an interview they WOULD pull a Glee, and the should would be happening in two places this seasons, that it wouldn’t be realistic for all of them to stay. People are guessing that with Lexie’s death Meredith and Derek are taking off to Mass Gen.

Comment by abbyoftroy – August 10, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care what happens to the crappy show. Without Kate Walsh, I am done. 13 episodes and I am free!!!!

Comment by Jamie – August 10, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does moron Shonda not realize the ratings are TERRIBLE? I am going to laugh so hard when it gets cancelled once Kate Walsh leaves!

Comment by Alexa – August 10, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the show actually goes on after Kate Walsh leaves, this is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard. The show deserves to be cancelled then, i know PP was always more of an ensemble show with such other strong actors as Amy Brenneman but the show started because of Addison and should finish because of her, i don’t know if i ever heard Kate Walsh state that she would leave after 13 episodes but i did hear her say she would leave after this season so if the show gets picked up for back 9 maybe she will continue but either way the show should not go on without her.

GUYS MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO A POLL ON HERE TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD WATCH THE SHOW WITHOUT KATE WALSH!!

Comment by Martin – August 10, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bad idea. There’s people with multiple email adresses who will use 50 emails to say they won’t watch without Kate.

Comment by Stephanie – August 10, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i hope you’re kidding cause that’s just sad.

Comment by rebecca – August 10, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nope, there’s far too many people with no life beyond the Internet. The worst are the trolls who come in with nothing but negativity.

Comment by megalion – August 11, 2012 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pfft, polls have been done on multiple sites and all of them came to a vast majority, and by this I mean 80-90%, of “won’t eatch without Kate”.
        If this was really all the work of trolls, as you say here, then by the same logic Kate would’ve won People’s Choice in 2011. Oh, that didn’t even require signing up with multiple email addresses!

Comment by T – August 11, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sure, they say they won’t watch now. Doubtful if they will all follow through.

Comment by Gretchen – August 12, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jake is gonna end up screwed. Addy and Sam will get married and in the closing seconds Addy will end up finding out she’s actually pregnant. Tada!

Comment by Danielle H – August 10, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally and the baby will be Jake’s

Comment by Heather (@auzzigrey) – August 10, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jake would be MY happy ending!! Let Kate leave with Sam and give Jake someone that actually deserves him!

Comment by Karrie – August 11, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any ending that doesn’t include Addison and Sam is one I’m good with. Kill her, let her run off with her baby to be a kickass single mom who doesn’t need a man to make her whole(please let it be this one), have her join the circus, or a nudist colony, or become the Chief at some far off hospital, ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THIS PERFECTLY FLAWED CHARACTER ENDING UP WITH SOMEONE WHO TREATS HER WORSE THAN DEREK EVER DID(and without any actual reasons for being awful). Please. That’s all I ask.

Comment by Rach – August 10, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel that they’d be in a stronger position to keep the show going beyond Kate Walsh, if they didn’t get rid of Tim Daly, and weren’t spending money making Griffin Gluck a regular (I like Mason, but it’s a show focused around a group of Doctors at their place of work), and keeping Amy Brenneman as Violet, who (and I’m not very up to date with the story) last time I checked, wasn’t even working there anymore. The show has some great characters in Amelia, Cooper, Sheldon and Charlotte, plus Sam and Jake are also fairly serviceable and hold a purpose, but Violet has been a loose end for a while now, and with Addison leaving, wouldn’t it be easier to keep Pete on the show, budget wise? One of the highest paid actresses on the show is leaving. Shouldn’t that leave them with a bit more cash?

Comment by JDHetherington – August 10, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PP has been on its last legs for a while now, even with Kate Walsh. End it!

Comment by Amy – August 10, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not watching without Kate Walsh!!!! BYE BYE PP! The show will suck without her. I hope Addie gets a happy ending with Henry! The rest can all blow up!

Comment by Ashlee – August 10, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is already dead. Best of Luck to Kate! She deserves more than this show. I will certainly leave when she leaves.

Comment by Dee – August 10, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’ve got to be kidding? They could probably make a case for shipping Amelia up to SG-MW, but other than that it needs to end. And please don’t have Addison and Sam be the “happy ending” because he doesn’t deserve her after the way he behaved. The show needs to be cancelled. It’s had a good run, but it’s time.

Comment by Linderella – August 10, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let the show die with a little bit of dignity and end the show with Kate Walsh. I like the others, but no way without Addison.

Comment by Carrie – August 10, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What now? If Addie leaves, they’d recycle the men for Vi and Amy?

Comment by pete – August 10, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The show is so solid — the writing, the characters, the stories.” – Really? Kate Walsh is way too nice. I love Kate and wish her the best. I don’t like Private Practice. I hung in for this long for Kate.

Comment by Marie – August 10, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison is the show! No Addison = No private practice!

Comment by Jacqi – August 10, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Send Amelia to Greys. SGMW will need a neuro god now that Derek is injured. She would be a really great addition to that cast. Private may be able to survive if they bring Charlotte front and center and focus on the medical. She’s a very strong character and has tons of potential. Violet is too whiny and neurotic to be a central character. If Shonda wants the show to survive she needs to get fresh writers. The writing has become stale and the plot ideas unoriginal. Imo.

Comment by Ana – August 10, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Addison and baby Henry go back to New York to live a happy life away from those people. Addison is the only character I like on the show. Good riddance PP. I won’t miss it.

Comment by Kara – August 10, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the last couple of season, Kadee and Caterina have stolen the show and become true forces! Add that to Amy, and voilá! Addison had been losing power for a while, and the show has become much more than just her!

PP is one of mu favorite shows, I adore it. And Addison is one of the characters I’ll miss less.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 10, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Addison has become whiny and annoying and not a strong woman at all.

Comment by Gretchen – August 12, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO Kate No Show!!!!! She is the heart and soul!!!!

Comment by AH – August 10, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch for Addison/Kate Walsh. The others are so boring. I am out the door with Kate.

Comment by Kenzie – August 10, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ADDISON IS SO BOOOORING, I CANNOT WAIT FOR HER TO LEAVE

Comment by jmadou – August 11, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are so many strong characters and actors to carry PP through once Kate Walsh leaves. Losing Tim Daly was a blow though. Everyone is forgetting that with the embeded pilot Grey’s gave PP, we were pretty acquainted with these characters already by the time PP started. I think it’s taking credit away from Shonda for creating strong supporting characters to assume that Kate was the center of PP. I hope it continues strong w/o Addison.

Comment by renthead621 – August 10, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hated all of the supporting characters in the pilot. I wanted Addison to hurry up and run back to Grey’s to get away from them. I just watch to keep up with Addison from time to time. I wanted this show to be cancelled from day one so she could return to Grey’s with good characters.

Comment by Beth – August 10, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bla! Don’t want Private Practice with no Kate! No way, no how!!

Comment by Brittany – August 10, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison better get a happy ending! Watching PP without Addison, No Thanks. Yuck!

Comment by Nina – August 10, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can’t take some of these comments seriously.Many of them are from the same person using multiple e-mail accounts to say the show can’t go on without Kate This person doesn’t want the show to go on without Kate.

Comment by Stephanie – August 10, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is leaving???? Why? I don’t want her to leave. She is my favorite

Comment by Megan – August 10, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Kate Walsh fan, I’m happy with Kate decision to leave the show. It’s been a long time for her being Addison. Time for Kate to move on to bigger and better things. Like, I really want her to get a comedy show. She is extremely talented.

Comment by Sydney – August 10, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch for CharCoop. I never watched because of Kate. I don’t watch Greys Anatomy. Never heard of Kate Walsh before I started watching Private Practice. I heard of Amy Brenneman but I don’t like her character Violet. I don’t know if the show can go on but not because of Kate leaving but because the ratings were terrible last season. I was obsessed with Private Practice up until last season. I hated the story about Cooper having a long lost son with a tramp who was dying of a brain tumor. It turned me off. I’m not sure if I’m going to watch next season. If they keep focusing on the annoying long lost kid I’ll be sure to tune out.

Comment by Private Practice Fan – August 10, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show can go on! They need to revolve the show around Charlotte. She is the character we want to see. Charlotte is the best character on PP!

Comment by CharCoop 4Ever! – August 10, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please Shonda give Addison a happy ending. I want her to ride off into the sunset with cute baby Henry. Sorry to the rest of the cast, but I watch PP because Addison is on it.
    I adore Kate Walsh!!! I can’t wait to see what is next for her

Comment by Mandy (@KatefanMandy) – August 10, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice most definitely can go on without Kate Walsh if the show forerunners want it to. They have the power to bring the spark back to this fading show. I would like for that to happen.

Comment by Allison – August 10, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Kate Walsh back in Grey’s Anatomy! I don’t care about Private Practice.
    I never liked it.

Comment by Melissa – August 10, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want them to bring Tim Daly back then give the show a final season farewell. Six Seasons is great and enough. I don’t like when shows try to go on forever and the cast changes. It won’t be the same and ruins it! I love this show because it had a family feel to it unlike Grey’s with its large cast. Bring back Tim and give the show a final great season!

Comment by Crystal – August 10, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is going on with Shonda’s shows everyone is leaving? Eric Dane is leaving GA, Lexie is dead, Teddy is gone. Tim Daly is gone. Now Kate Walsh is leaving PP. This is terrible! Grey’s is a strong show, but PP is holding on by the skin of its teeth….bad sign.

Comment by Kristy A. – August 10, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • addie deserves a happy ending!! i wish kate wouldn’t leave! :( i am not ready for addie’s story to end! it won’t be the same, doubt i watch it!!

Comment by hannah – August 10, 2012 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hopefully it means great addison, sam and henry family bonding time. really want to see something more in S6, and not just love and triangle and crap. their in their 40′s for God sake. grow up! ;p

Comment by Nicole – August 10, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sick of KW’s fans. They are the most arrogant and rude people. Yuck!

Comment by jmadou – August 11, 2012 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m happy Kate’s leaving so we don’t have to hear her fans trash everyone else on the show. There are a couple obsessive Kate fans who are writing all the responses saying they won’t watch without Kate. They use many aliases. They’ve been doing it forever!

Comment by Allison – August 11, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Addison to get her happy ending and all, but if she ends up with with Sam then I’m out.

Comment by airhead – August 11, 2012 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Btw anyone who is thinking that Kate is mean for leaving and possibly jeopardizing the survival of the show?

You want to know what real meanness is? Sarah Michelle Gellar who didn’t even let her Buffy castmates know that she was quitting and the show was going to end as a result. Alyson Hannigan said that she found out by reading it in Variety. !!?! Who does that??

But Alyson has the last laugh. In a hit TV show and also part of a popular movie franchise. SMG has neither. The Grudge was the only movie post Buffy that had any success that I recall. But it wasn’t her presence that made it a success, IMO.

Kate, I’m confident that she did tell her castmates. By reports, she’s a really nice person.

Comment by megalion – August 11, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted Addison and Jake to get together and have a happy ending. I guess it won’t happen. Eh, as long as Addie gets a happy ending it will due.
    I like Jake and Amelia characters but they aren’t strong enough characters to keep me watching when Kate exits.

Comment by Emma L – August 11, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t believe kate is leaving!!!!!i love Addison so much she’s my favourite from the bigining!!!!!!i love the show and i hope she retconsider and change her mind!!!!but if she leaves then i’m too!i can’t watch PP without her!!!it will never be the shame …it’s all about her!!!sooooooooo sad!

Comment by Joanna – August 11, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I quit watching this show in Season 1. I couldn’t believe a famous surgeon would want to work in a practice. Blew my mind the same person who created the 1st three brillant seasons of GA created this! I will probably watch Walsh’s last episode to see where Addison goes. I loved her on Grey’s and her guest stints. Walsh is a superb talent, gorgeous, and hilarious! I will be more than happy to watch her in a quality new show with great writing.

Comment by Pauline – August 11, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole setup was really poor for the character in the first place, but they did a good job in starting Cooper and Naomi, for instance. Then, as we should have expected from the Addison treatment, they drove Naomi into a parody of the original character (which quickly drove Audra away), and transformed Cooper into a bizarro sexaholic, then a screaming, viscious lunatic with whatsherface (who started off interesting, and was quicly ruined as well). Ugh, that was an ugly show… it takes a lot to make me quit watching. And then the whole nutcase carving the baby out of Violet thing… hello last straw!

Comment by Temperence – August 11, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post