Hawaii Five-0 Hot Shots: Steve's Shirtless, Chin Ho Is MIA, [Spoiler]'s Alive and One Big Momma

Aloha! The Season 3 premiere of Hawaii Five-0 is still more than six weeks away, yet the CBS drama is among the first returning network shows to release photos from new episodes.

This collection of pics opens with the Sept. 24 premiere, where Steve (played by Alex O’Loughlin) — along with his honey Catherine (promoted series regular Michelle Borth) — meets with the mysterious “Shelburne” aka McGarrett’s mother Doris, played by new recurring cast member Christine Lahti (Chicago Hope).

RELATED | Hawaii Five-0 Recruits Ving Rhames for ‘Bloody’ Battle with [Spoiler]

We then skip ahead to Episode 2, airing Oct. 1, and that batch of episodic photos reveal that [spoiler alert!] Kono somehow extricated herself from the prospect of a season-ending watery death. That said, someone in the team’s orbit did die, and in the wake of that loss they take to the calm of the ocean, then kick back indoors (though not before showing a bit of skin from both genders).

1. Dave says:

that is the single most awkward photo of Scott Caan i’ve ever seen … looks like a surfing hobbit! :)

• T says:

WOW! Just, wow. Out of all these amazing photos that’s it. Like Scott can control his height.
      I guess small minded views make for small minded comments.

2. Joanne says:

Wait…Daniel Dae Kim is missing in all these! HE died???!!!!

3. Michele says:

where is chin?

4. Kristal says:

We all knew they wouldn’t/couldn’t kill Kono. She’s the only girl they’ve got.

5. That’s not Kono, that’s her Cylon double!

6. Chin Ho isn’t in any of these. And Kamekona is in the 2nd to last photo. Seems to me Chin Ho is the shocking death. Unless it’s his wife and he’s too busy mourning.

7. Samantha says:

I’m guessing Malia died and Chin is missing from the photos because he’s mourning. Poor Chin :( Not sure how I feel about more Catherine. Seems it will limit the McDanno flirting that I shamelessly love.

8. Jennifer says:

I believe Daniel Dae Kim is signed on for more seasons. My assumtion is if someone died and it wasn’t Lori then it’s Melina. That would explain personality chamges I’ve heard about a darker Chin this season.

9. Lorie says:

Thanks a bunch for the Shirtless Steve picture!

10. Adam says:

I think Malia is dead so Chin want some time alone. I not feeling Cath on the show, I’m afraid the show will be to soapy. I seriously think she is the new Lori part 2 LoL!!

11. megan says:

Yay! So so so so excited for Michelle Borth as a regular. Best news. She’s looking good with Alex here!

12. The Squatch says:

It strikes me as odd that Steve and his mother, who he thought was dead for the past 15 years or so, can just stand around smiling like nothing ever happened. It looks like he’s bringing his girlfriend home to meet his mom, like it’s just any other day.

13. arial2 says:

Of course Kono didn’t drown; her Cylon anatomy kicked in, allowing her to free herself and probably wreak vengeance on the people who tried to kill her. ; D

14. Mary says:

I missed Steve and Danny so much! Love them together! Kono survived, never doubted that. Chin… I’m afraid we can be sure now that Malia will die. I hope I’m wrong of course, I really loved them together! Love seeing Max and Kamekona, funniest duo ever! And I’m sorry but everytime I see Catherine is a: no, thanks. Not happy with her addition as a regular.

• Adam says:

I feel that way too when I see a pictures of Cath. I don’t know why she a regular, she just replace Lori and I think her role is similar to Lori. Not surprise if they are going to the same route like s2, this show need to stop adding more member to the team, they don’t need to add more people but they need new storyline plots that it.

• Mary says:

I think there’s no need for her addition as well. We have four strong characters and plenty of possible storylines for those characters. We have Max and Kamekona and more occasionally the adorable Grace. And an established and undeniable chemistry among all of these characters. They “work” perfectly with eacher. I understand the use of guest stars from time to time, but I feel like the “bone” of the show are these characters, I will always feel them like “Ohana”. I never felt Lori like part of this and I’m sure it will be the same with Catherine. Maybe her presence will be even more “intrusive” than Lori’s, because, at the end of the day, Lori wasn’t really part of their personal lives, she worked with them, that’s all. I’m afraid that Catherine, on the contrary, will be present on both levels, personal and professional, and this means – I hope I’m wrong – less Steve/Danny scenes, less time for Kono and Chin, less Ohana feelings, less of the dynamics I love so much in this show. As long McDanno and team/Ohana will remain the focus and center of the show I will be happy :)

• laura says:

nobody’s said cath will work with all of them. She is just steve best friend and girlfriend. I think these two have a good chemistry, so wait and see.

• Mary says:

Actually, I don’t like her with Steve and I don’t see any chemistry between the two of them, so I won’t like her presence anyway, if she will interact with all the team or only with Steve. I can tell this because I didn’t like her as a recurrent character, so i guess I will like her even less as a regular one. of course it’s just my opinion, and I will like the show even if I don’t like her. I disliked Lori but I loved the second season, I’m sure I will love the third season too :)

15. Roger says:

If Malia is dead I will be so upset! Im glad Kono is alive cause I love her but I love Reiko Alyesworth and she always dies :(

16. sissy says:

This woman looks to young to be Steve’s mother..miscasted…

17. T says:

What if Chin chose to save Kono and that’s why Malia got shot?
    I hope Catherine is used sparingly and that Momma McG isn’t around long. Please, no more Shelburne or Joe-like storylines. I want the core four w/ lots of Gracie and Kamekona added in here and there.
    Also, there are other photos of this ep w/ Chin/DDK in the scene where Danny’s buttoning his shirt. Don’t know where he is in these. Guess we’ll fine out Oct. 1.

18. thereasonsy says:

Am I the only person that liked Lauren for Steve? Looks like.

19. HannahC says:

Really hope Malia doesn’t die! They haven’t been married for long :( can’t see these pictures properly on my phone, but is joe there? Coz if not, he could be the one who dies. I also actually liked lauren/lori, don’t know why everyone disliked her so much.

20. sarah says:

Shirtless Alex! Yes please!
    I think Malia dies and Chin is off grieving! Daniel Dae Kim has a twitter account and has posted some photos from this season so I know Chin is not dead.

21. briana says:

MacKonoooooooooooooooo is best

22. Natali Khan says:

Oh, thanks for fine news and photos from season 3 Hawaii 5-0. when will we see the new season 3 on the screen?

23. Adam says:

S3 is a repeat of s2 but different characters and chin get a centric just like kono did in s2. I seriouly think the show will focus on Steve, Cath, and Danny and not the Fab 4. Kono will be in the back burner again cuz Cath will be in the center w McG. This show was already good in s1 don’t know why they try to fix it when it wasn’t broking.

24. kono and steve says:

kono and steve must be together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. hehehaha123 says:

max got shot in the finale so maybe he dies???? but probably malia dies.

26. Lauren Soper says:

Does anybody know when it airs in the uk?! :)

27. Ann says:

Love the photos with the Tropics Bar & Grill at Hilton Hawaiian Village. I love that place. It is the best bar in Waikiki. They serve a mean Ahi Salad, Poke Bowl and Kalua Nachos.