Fall TV Preview

Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Ominous Season 9 Premiere Title Revealed!

Callie Mark Arizona Grey's AnatomyIs Seattle Grace about to make another painful cut?

TVLine has exclusively obtained the title of Grey’s Anatomy‘s Sept. 27 premiere and the feeling of loss it conjures up is palpable.

Without further adieu, the Season 9 opener is called, “Going Going Gone.”

RELATED | ABC Boss Weighs In On Big Changes at Grey’s

Given the news that Eric Dane will only be returning for two episodes this fall, conventional wisdom suggests the title points to the imminent departure of McSteamy.

However, it could also be a nod to the tragic death of Lexie and/or the departure of Teddy in May’s finale — but in both cases those characters aren’t “Going Going Gone.” They’re just gone.

Which brings us back to the question at the top of the story: Is another exit looming? And if so, could it be Jessica Capshaw (Arizona) — whose S9 status series creator Shonda Rhimes has been conspicuously mum about?

Of course, it’s entirely possible the title doesn’t pertain to any of these things. Maybe Seattle Grace’s softball team opens its new season and the title refers to a super-dramatic game-winning home run hit by the Chief? (Nah.)

What do you think “Going Going Gone” means?! Hit the comments with your thoughts/theories!

Comments (161)

• Eric Dane is in the first two episodes — I would assume he dies after being unplugged from life support…something supported by the pics posted by Patrick Dempsey

Comment by Jennifer – August 9, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but the second episode is a flashback to the plane crash so it would make sense that he’d die in the premier.

Comment by dude – August 10, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i just want to say,i have watched grey”s from the very beginning and getting rid of all the actors that made this show our favorite, i think the writers of the show is going to kill the show.its becoming a unrealistic soap opera !

Comment by bailey – August 11, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • its not the writers that are making the decision the actors are deciding to move on to other projects since 8 years is a long time to be attached to a project for an actor…

Comment by Billy – August 11, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh, it wasn’t an unrealistic soap opera when Izzie had sex with her dead husband?

Comment by Edith – August 14, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Izzie was having a massive aural and physical hallucinations brought on by the BRAIN TUMOR that she had at the time. There wasn’t anything soapy or supernatural about it! Good lord!

Comment by shuayb – August 21, 2012 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The way Callie was talking the entire season finale I thought Arizona was going to die- so as much as I don’t want her to, I think she will.
    I’m really heartbroken over Sloane being gone- he was easily my favorite character lately.

Comment by Reluctantly Still Watching – August 9, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See, I thought Arizona was the goner because of the big speech she gave to Karev as she pulled him off the trip. Shonda’s a huge fan of the “big dramatic speech before death” trope. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, it’s just really obvious.

Comment by Meg – August 9, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought Arizona was a goner because Callie said something along the lines of: “I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you.” – Which in TV land is akin to saying “I’ll be right back” in a horror movie.

Comment by Tonya – August 12, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • hahaha best analogy ever!

Comment by Roger – August 17, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha!exactly! with sloan gone even I am reluctantly watchn!

Comment by almost bowing out – September 27, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would hope they dont leave Sofia with only one parent and as much as I would had for Mark to die, its the only situation that would make sense. It was established that Mark wanted a baby soooo badly and he just kept having that taken away from him so I couldnt imagine an exit where he would willingly leave the child he so desperatly wanted.

Comment by Kate – August 9, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless they allow him to live “off-screen,” as in becoming a stay-at-home dad to Sofia or moving to a different hospital. Callie could mention him from time to time (“Mark’s got the baby tonight”) but we wouldn’t see him. But this is probably too sophisticated an idea for Shonda, who would rather bludgeon us with gore and death.

Comment by susela – August 10, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope Shonda does this – and doesn’t kill yet another character

Comment by Lauren – August 10, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i remember when sondra rymes said when callie was in a relation ship before callie and she sad the was just no chemistery between them! and the came Arizona, where there is magic with them, so hoping that she remembers that arizona was who she wanted, to play the roll and that they can, come to some kind of agreement for arizona to stay on the show, greys i gonna be had enough without lexi,mark,teddy all gone , my opioion is ther is just way to much killing people off now,if you can get patrick to stay then i think that there is a way for the others to stay! thnk’s callie and arizona fan…………………………..

Comment by tropical_island2005@hotmail.com – August 14, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • spell check…ever heard of it…honestly if you were trying to get a point across it was lost is mis-spelling & no grammar!

Comment by Laura Stewart – September 18, 2012 12:34 PM PDT
          • I did not understand anything you were trying to say in this. you have to learn to proof read your stuff.

Comment by Naomie – September 19, 2012 07:42 AM PDT
      • It’s not really a sophisticated idea, it’s unsatisfying to the audience and the actor. I don’t want to constantly be reminded Mark is off-screen and having him fade into the background doesn’t give him a proper way to bow out. Most actors want that big final scene, sort of like what Lexie got so I’m sure he’d be really disappointed if that’s what happened. I’m sure he wants a death scene.

Comment by dude – August 10, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I think it would be worse to have him mentioned from time to time then for him to just die.

Comment by taylordudzinski – August 10, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My thoughts exactly! It is getting ridiculous with the traumatic exits. What’s next, rabid ninjas come scaling down the walls of Seattle Grace and only out for the blood of the last living Grey? I’m over it, Shonda. It’s GREY’S Anatomy, not Bailey’s Happy Endings with the actor that looks like he belongs on a horse in an Old Spice commercial.

Comment by Kathleen Rogers – October 2, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Callie and Addison (yes, together as lovers) will raise Sofia and then twins that Callie will carry from the sperm Mark left behind.

Comment by Gail – August 10, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They need to do away with the lesbians I dont think us straight people should have to watch two woman kissing Be who you are but dont force it down our throat. Maybe a lesbian channel is needed

Comment by teresa – August 27, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Really? And lesbians should be forced to watch straight people making out and having sex for an hour? I don’t see what the big deal is. My question to you would be, why does it bother you? If it bothers you because of religious beliefs, you shouldn’t agree with any of the show. The promiscuity of the other characters is just as “bad” as “the lesbians” as far as The Bible goes. My personal opinion is if you don’t like the way things are done on the show…maybe you should stop watching it! Otherwise…accept that those characters are a part of what makes the show great and watch and enjoy. But to say that lesbians need a channel so you straight folks don’t have to face reality, is kind of closed minded. We deal with your lifestyle everyday and do not ask you to change, or to hide it from the world.

Comment by K Layton – August 28, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • This is real life, Everyone is not straight and you walk with them everyday. Let and let live. Thats life.

Comment by tonyy1919 – September 6, 2012 09:56 PM PDT
          • I couldn’t have said it better myself:-)

Comment by jennifer – September 7, 2012 06:26 AM PDT
        • wake up this isnt the 50′s. I think its awesome that 2 people can love each other period.

Comment by Carrina – August 29, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh please, grow up! don’t watch it! that’s hardly shoving it down your throat if you turn it on and tune into it every week!

Comment by Valerie – September 9, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • if U dont like it then stop watching…..idiot

Comment by Yorkie – October 19, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yay! i LOVE it!

Comment by Laura Stewart – September 18, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ABSOLUTELY NOT! addison would appear to b unstable(which she already seams to b). but havent u been watching private practice? addison has a child already and she has two men fighting for her. addison and callie is not going to happen!

Comment by Naomie – September 19, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • duhh mark!

Comment by Holly Moss – August 9, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling that the image is from a dream or something. Especially since we’ve already seen pictures of Mark in a hospital bed not looking good at all. I still think (and have since the finale BUT I HOPE I’M WRONG) that Mark and Arizona are both going to die.

Comment by Grace – August 9, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The picture is from season 7, episode 12, when Arizona gets back from Africa trying to reconcile with Callie who just discovered she was pregnant.

Comment by MadameDame – August 9, 2012 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah, okay then. :)

Well despite that I still have been feeling for a while that they’re both dying. I really, really do hope it turns out that I’m wrong, though.

Comment by Grace – August 10, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez! Callie doesnt need to lose both of Arizona and Mark, that would be so messed up.

Comment by Jake – August 9, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!!

Comment by margot – August 10, 2012 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! I love Arizona!!

Comment by Zoe – August 10, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Arizona dies I will stop watching her blonde bubbly persona is why I watched

Comment by rachedd – August 10, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Callie has been through soooo much. I hope they don’t take anything else away from her.

Comment by Emma – August 25, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe Shonda still names each episode for a song title – if that is still correct, then Going Going Gone is a song from country music singer, Marty Stuart’s current album – cool!!!

I am sad that Eric Dane has decided to leave Grey’s – I will miss his humor, I will miss his friendship with Derek & Callie & I will especially miss his tenderness with his daughter. His character always had wisdom & seemed to know what to say to someone in need of a bit of it …. good guy, will really miss the character of Dr. Mark Sloan.

Comment by soxfan – August 9, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m too distracted/annoyed by the lack of commas in the episode’s title to decipher what it means.

Comment by Patricia – August 9, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Proof I am not alone in this universe! Thank you.

Comment by Cathy – August 9, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Make that a 3rd.

Comment by Jarrod – August 9, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Fourth!

Comment by Alex – August 10, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Me, too!

Comment by susela – August 10, 2012 07:52 AM PDT
    • Bahaha! LOL

Comment by Brit – August 24, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope arizona doesnt die if she did I dont understand why shondra would let her live after season 7 were callie and her were in a car accdient so I think mark will die not her , but u never know with this show .

Comment by Taylod – August 9, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her name is Shonda.

Comment by bethany – August 9, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as much as I love arizona and mark, and as much i dont want them to leave or die. i think it would be interesting if they did because cristina is the God mother of Sofia. I wonder if she would step up and take of her. cause Callie cant do it by her self.

Comment by Antoinette – August 9, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christina is going to be at Mayo and Callie at SGMW so no chance of Christina helping out with the kid. Maybe Owen but not Christina

Comment by chris – August 9, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think that Cristina will return to Seattle now when Teddy/Kim Raver is gone! I think she will be the new head of cardio :)
        I also think that Going Going Gone is about Mark and maybe his death! Sence Eric is just going to be in 2 episodes I think that he will be on episode 2 and 3 in the timejump! Love Mark so much but Arizona is my passion in this show so if she dies the show would just be fun to watch with Callie and her grief (if flashbacks with Arizona comes on) I really think AZ will justlose her leg or something like that!
        Shonda can’t leave Sofia with just Callie (and maybe Cristina)!

Peace out! ;)

Comment by Louise – August 10, 2012 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow! Think you could be right about the option with Christina!

Comment by eefje – August 10, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I heard that mark was not going to be taken out by a death.

And I really hope Arizona doesn’t leave. She’s one of my favorite.

Comment by krista – August 10, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I imagined Arizona a goner the second she began coughing up blood in the season finale back in May. Either way, Shonda killing off a character such as Arizona would destroy ratings even more. Destroying two couples and having 3 cast departures (not including Teddy, as I’m sure no one cared) in such a short time would absolutely kill viewers and I’m sure it’s ratings. No Calzona or Slexie happy ending would easily resort in the average 8-9 millions a week to an average 5-6 million per week due to the amount of betrayal they’d feel.

Comment by Jarrod – August 9, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cared. I really liked Teddy and most of what she brought to GA, most notably her recent arc involving her husband.

It’ll be weird to have her gone especially as head heart surgeon who could maybe pull Yang back to SG. Or bring in a new cardio resident that she gets frustrated with for not being Yang.

Comment by megalion – August 10, 2012 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The chemistry between Callie, Arizona, and Mark are the best part of the show.

Comment by Katie Shell – August 10, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha!Teddy stopped mattering immediately her lovely husband died!!

Comment by almost bowing out – September 27, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SPOILER!!!!

Arizona loses her leg she doesn’t die.

Comment by Trish – August 9, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the most interesting option. I had not imagined Arizona loosing her leg. If they kill off Arizona I will not watch Grey’s again, no matter how much I love it.

Comment by Amy – August 9, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually thought of Arizona losing her limb after the accident, but I actually can’t imagine her without it. WHAT ABOUT HER WHEELY SNEAKS!?

Comment by Jarrod – August 9, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • nasty image that would be, sort of cutting the lez down to size? naw, no thanks. Keep her on her wheeles and let her continue to be the fun one at SGMDeath. There is enough doom and gloom around her at the hell mouth er I mean SGMW, AZ brings the “joy” that makes the rest tolerable.

Comment by chris – August 9, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “Hell mouth” made me LOL for real. Although I also liked Cristina’s “Seattle Grace Mercy Death” appellation.

Comment by Annie – August 10, 2012 07:00 AM PDT
          • @annie It was actually Alex who coined the “Seattle Grace Mercy Death” name to the hospital in season 7. But since it happened in the awful musical episode I wouldn’t blame anyone for forgetting it :)

Comment by Tonya – August 12, 2012 10:35 AM PDT
    • Arizona losing her leg would definitely be interesting. But the only reason why I think it’s not happening is because the show would have to either a.)avoid shooting Arizona and anyone in a scene with her from the waste down and 2.)have to go through the trouble of “hiding” JCaps left leg…
      I think she’s definitely going to be out of commission for awhile, maybe even have a permanent brace/cane/limp.

Comment by susie d. – August 9, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • JCaps lol

Comment by Lauren – August 10, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She would probably get a prosthetic leg.

Also, Shonda said in an interview that Arizona’s fate would hugely impact Callie this season. I’d say having to amputate your wife’s leg and build her a prosthetic would hugely impact a person.

Comment by Jane – August 10, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they have hidden multiple pregnancies throughout the life of the series I’m sure a couple of missing legs would be no real issue. Remember Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump?

Comment by Ash – August 10, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think Arizona will die or lose her leg. She will have major medical issues that will put a huge strain on her marriage! I think this season we will see how much SaRa’s character has grown as a person! There are SO many possibilities for great storylines here for Calzona other than just being the cute lesbian couple.

Comment by Sandra – August 11, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like are just doing a character assasination if they do this — Arizona is one of the more positive lights, likeable, of the show and this will only serve to bring her to depression.

Comment by sam – August 9, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what makes you think she will lose her leg?

Comment by bmw – August 11, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just started watching this show several months ago, and now my favorite guy and his girl will definitely be “gone,” and there is overwhelming speculation that one of my most favorite actresses on the show is “going” to also be “gone.” So, I’m a little ticked off about that. The premiere will be a timejump and the title could possibly also be in reference to the relocating of some of the newly certified doctors. Just found the missing commas , , (They were also “gone.”)

Comment by Carly – August 9, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going Going Gone… kinda like the ratings… I mean half the cast is gone

Comment by Brian – August 9, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is 9 years old. Totally unsurprising some of the cast have gone. But what’s great is Grey’s have introduced new characters who are as good, if not better, than some of the ones that have left. Would you really rather have Izzie, Preston and George over Callie, Arizona and Jackson?

Comment by Dizzle – August 10, 2012 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, Ii would.

Comment by Hurley – August 10, 2012 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • George, I love George, I miss him on Grey’s. Why do they always kill the cast instead of just having them move on to another hospital so there is a possibility of characters returning in the future or dropping by once in a while.

Comment by tvadict – August 10, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • AGREE AGREE AGREE

Comment by Lauren – August 10, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you go and read Heigle’s (Izzy) Bio, it said that she would be willing to come back to Greys since they didn’t kill her off. She wants to know where her character ends up. I say Bring her back!

Comment by Bb – August 10, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • AMEN!

Comment by R – August 10, 2012 10:10 PM PDT
          • I wish they would bring her back…I loves me Izzy. She is so good in her part and can cry soooo good.

Comment by Patsy Gillmore – August 17, 2012 04:55 PM PDT
      • YES, I would.

Comment by Rr – August 10, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you i thought about that too. but i would have loved to see all of them together.

Comment by jessica – August 11, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would much rather have the originals back than the crew we have now. Izzie was annoying as heck to me. Almost as much as April so I really could care less if she comes back but Preston Burke was the most elegant person on the show. I miss him. Arizona is also annoying at times, like when they separated the conjoined twins. Jackson is a beautiful man but without Mark I don’t care about him either. He can go to Tulane and take April.

Comment by Dawn – August 21, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s safe to say that this may (and should) be Grey’s last season. And this coming from a loyal loyal viewer from Day 1, episode 1

Comment by seriouslyhope – August 10, 2012 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pompeo, Oh, Chambers, and Wilson at least are signed on for two more seasons… so this can’t be the last one.

Comment by jessicay – August 10, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it’ll last this season and then abc will renew it for a 10th and finale season. i think this season will be about love, as shonda said, and then season 10 will be wrapping everything up and giving everyone a proper ending. But i also think 10 could be the end, but they set it up for a spin off for something, though i don’t know how that would go.

Comment by Jeremy – August 10, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha!lol

Comment by almost bowing out – September 27, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont know yet what will happen with mark after he leaves im not going to wacht greys anatomy much anymore

Comment by kaytie – August 9, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could care less if Mark exits stage left. He was the hospital whore with a side of freaky Der stalker thrown in, and Danes acting chops are not on par with the rest of the cast. I mean Mark knocks up Ders wife then follows him to Seattle, sleeps with Ders sister and sister in law – and still expects to be Ders best friend? Hell, Der should have sent the guy packing a long time ago, and don’t get me started on the beyond weird sister-wives thing Rhimes wrote him into with C/A. But I won’t be watching if they write AZ/JCap out or write her as losing a leg. That would just be a bit too much, don’t need that image of cutting the lez down to size so to speak. besides they often write C/A scenes as a ‘lez fantasy tease for the male gaze,’ which to be blunt, would lose some appeal if she is one legged. Not a ratings winner there.

Comment by chris – August 9, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I found Mark to be creepy. And let’s face it, his relationship with Lexie was lazy writing–pair up Meredith’s sister with her boyfriend’s best friend, both sisters dating attendings?

Comment by Gretchen – August 10, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark lost his charm in the CAM mess of season seven for me. He was good at the light comedic line and his bromance with Derek previously. Also Chyler elevated his acting in scenes with her but now she is gone. Arizona’s death would be more shocking to me. The show runner is getting GLAAD awards because of her and Callie’s relationship. Both of them gone would be overkill. I agree with others that she might lose her leg. That would be a huge story for them. Not all that invested in either at this point. Rhimes is just trying to generate speculation and get interest in the show. At the end of the finale, most people were talking about Lexie’s death, and not about who would survive, which is what I think she was going for.

Comment by Vie – August 9, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read that the first episode shoes everyone rescued in the hospital, then the second episode shows how they got there….so mayne Mark does die if he is only back for 2 episodes. Sad

Comment by amyb – August 9, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going, going, gone.. Could also refer to those who move on to other hospitals, not necessarily that anyone other than Lexie and Mark die. Mark has to die, cause they have gone too far showing his “want” of having a child. Him leaving under any other conditions would be unrealistic… Unless he just can’t cope post the death of Lexie. AZ having a leg amputated is unnecessary because she does fulfill the “hope”” amongst the gloom at SGMW and that would make her character WAY too serious for at least 1/2 the season.

Comment by Dark Defender – August 9, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They already said the opener is six months later, not immediately after the finale. They then flashback in episode 2.

Comment by Temperence – August 9, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first episode is two to three months later, not six.

Comment by Dawn – August 21, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Chyler Leigh Comes for a cameo so if Mark dies she meets him in heaven like Geroge and Izzie did at the end of season 5……

Comment by Jose – August 9, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would be cool…i would sooo watch that ep :)

Comment by Pauline – August 10, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think “Going Going Gone” pretains to Mark (hopefully not dying because… why at this point?) and some if not all of the former-residents being at other hospitals.

Comment by marge – August 9, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I though Eric Dane was back for SEVERAL EPISODES — where does it say 2?

Comment by sam – August 9, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s in blue, about an inch down from the top of the artcle.

Comment by Cathy – August 10, 2012 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeez, all this from an episode title? Getting way too worked up.

Comment by Brandy (@Realme2011) – August 10, 2012 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! It’s a TV show, for entertainment purposes. The ones that really get on my nerves are those who proclaim that they will never watch Grey’s, if “this” happens or “that” happens. BFD!!!

Comment by Ros – August 10, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to that, gets on my nerves as well. GA has remained interesting largely BECAUSE of the ever changing cast.

Much like another very popular medical drama, ER. I watched it til the very end because there was always some new element being introduced to help give more story fodder. Maura Tierney was a prime example of how a new character with a whole new background and character dynamics made a great replacement in the space left behind when Margulis left. Or Goran Visnic for George Clooney.

Comment by megalion – August 10, 2012 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We know this:
    Ep. 1; this episode is 3 months later and EP 2; this is the ePisode where we see what happened at the crash site…
    I think “Going going gone” is about mark… If he’s in 2 episodes then maybe Ep 1 is when he dies after 3months of being on life saport/Leaves because Of the trauma and sees Sophia occasionally. Ep 2 could be him dieing at the crash site?
    I hopehe doesn’t die! Mark is my faaaaavorite but sO was Lexie… Please don’t kill him…

Comment by Aly – August 10, 2012 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric Dane is only back for a couple, 2 makes sense as he wants off the show, and we already know the first episode is a month after the crash. This means he could die at the end of the first episode. We then will see him in the second one since that will pick up with their rescue. That is what Shonda said. So yes for me it makes total sense for him to be back for only two episodes.

Comment by Sam S. – August 10, 2012 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do mean three months after the crash not a month, woops my bad,

Comment by Sam S. – August 10, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s obviously another trick of Shonda to make the fans talk about the premiere —> high ratings. The title, IMO, just suggests that people are leaving the hospital ( which has been confirmed by Shonda herself ). It also points at the exit of Lexie Grey and Teddy. There’s so much buzz about other deaths, especially Mark, that I wouldn’t be surprised if he lived after all ; just like Arizona. My guess is they make it seem in the premiere that Mark died, but that we learn in episode 2, that he lived but went away to process Lexie’s death. Honestly…if anyone is going to die…it will be Arizona. But I just hope Shonda isn’t so stupid to kill 2 huge fan favorite couples. That would be suicide for the show. Even if Jessica wants to leave the show..there are other ways to do so. Sometimes it seems like Shonda only knows how to kill characters.

Comment by ingmarhappy – August 10, 2012 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark will leave/die in the first episode which takes place a few weeks or months after the crash, he will be shown alive/dying in the flashback episode the week after. 2 episodes and he’s going going gone!

Comment by Conor Shanahan (@ConorShanahan) – August 10, 2012 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I guess I am the only one… but what does S9 status mean?

Comment by gabby – August 10, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how everyone says it would be unrealistic for Mark to die. But a plane crash, a gunman, and all the other disasters they have every season is realistic? Come on it is a show, therefore it is not going to be totally realistic. Just because Mark is not on the show, doesn’t mean he couldn’t be seeing his daughter everyday, or every weekend. I like Arizona too but she is getting a little annoying so I wouldn’t mind if she weren’t on the show either. Actually I just wish they would go back to the good ole days where a main character wasn’t leaving or dying every season.

Comment by cas – August 10, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S9 refers to season 9

Comment by Sam – August 10, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark will die. Arizona will be in a coma for a few episodes so she has time to ease back to work since she just had another baby. No way they will take her leg….too much work!

Comment by Don – August 10, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally love this thought. I love calzona too much to see her killed off. It’s gonna be nice to see how Callie handles the news of Arizona, an how she helps her cuz thief whole relationship has basically revolved around callies issues.

Comment by rachedd – August 10, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m fully expecting Jessica Capshaw—who now has three children under the age of five—to leave the show. Callie will be left to raise Sofia by herself, and she will absolutely hate Karev, since Arizona took his place on the doomed plane.

Comment by susela – August 10, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arizona die…..Yes Please!!!

Comment by Spikesgrl – August 10, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sorry M.Ausiello but the correct sentence is “without further ado” and not “without further adieu” which doesn’t mean anything (adieu in french translates farewell in English, fyi)…

Comment by surion – August 10, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he knows that…it’s supposed to be a pun and in that context it does make sense!

Comment by kateshomesick – August 11, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m french so i used a translator, and “without further ado” and “without further adieu” have the same translation in french (same phrase “sans plus tarder”), so i think both are correct.

Comment by Semy – August 24, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I reckon 2 characters will be fighting for life (Arizona and Mark) and only one will survive hence, ‘going, going, gone’.

Comment by Strangely interested – August 10, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so anxious about the beginning of season 9 to start… I beyond love calzona! So they can’t kill off arizona! :((

Comment by wakethewicked2 – August 10, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shonda said this season is all about ROMANCE. Since Dane is only in the first2 episodes i believe he dies in the premiere which explains the title and just flash backs to the next episode when their all in the woods. So killing off Arizona too would just be stupid. Everyone else would be all lovey dovey and Callie would be depressed the whole season over losing Mark and Arizona. So if Shondas calling this the season of romance it better be some with everyone including Callie and Arizona. And hell no i wont stand for my girl losing a leg no way!! Lol

Comment by CaliBelle93 – August 10, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ye-ah!!! I am liking your post! Callie was doing some rather amazing lab work at one time, so maybe she’ll have some miraculous fix for Arizona’s leg injury (even though she may not be permitted in the OR). Enough about losing a leg, already! Hope it’s “staying, staying, stayed” for Arizona.

Comment by Carly – August 10, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my honest opinion, and I don’t want people to get all pissy with me, but I think they will kill Mark because then it would end the whole Mark and Lexi deal, and he will be much happier that he is with her, making the end of both the characters make sense. If they kill Arizona, it wouldn’t make sense, there is too much her character has to live for, and her story on Grey’s isn’t finished unlike Mark. Mark’s story is, because if you really watched the Finale of Season 8, he really couldn’t live without her.

On another note, I cannot believe Lexi did wait that long to be honest with him, and that she died. It’s sad, But I totally think that this theory would make a better colsing to not only Mark and Lexi’s story together, but their individual stories as well.

Hope you all understand…..and if you don’t, then tough!
    YAY for Grey’s Anatomy! :D

Comment by Sam – August 10, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…. Let Mark and Lexie reunite in the hereafter together…..as much as I will miss McSteamy’s pretty face, it would be the most romantic end to his story

Comment by Denise Brown – August 10, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen. :)

Comment by Dawn – August 21, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am hoping that Mark will survive but I see it’s pointless now Lexie has “passed”. I think Yang as head of Cardio is a fantastic idea – there’s no one like Yang – she’s my favorite. I’d like to see more Kevin McKidd but I have a vested interest as I’m Scottish and live in Scotland. Feel annoyed though as we won’t be able to see it until possibly September/October this year or possibly Spring next. Have to say though my favorite from “Calzona” is definately Cali

Comment by Lamb347 – August 10, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like what people have been saying about Mark leaving the show. I think that his character has been around for a long time and that killing him off with Lexie is a good way to give closure to that plotline. Let’s face it too, this last season of Grey’s gave us a lot of broken relationships to work with, and I think killing off Arizona would be too cliché. She is one of my favorite characters on the show, so I am a bit biased, but let’s look at what happened last season. Richard has pretty much lost Adele to Alzheimer’s, Christina and Owen were fighting, Teddy lost Henry, Avery and Lexi broke things off and then she died, leaving Mark miserable. There will be enough mourning on the show this next season, without us needing to see Mark mourn. Plus, if the theme of next season is going to be romance, killing off Arizona would put a real damper on that.

I just don’t want Arizona to go because she is that needed source of energy and spirit amongst the cast and I think she had to deal with enough when her brothers friend came to the hospital with cancer.

Comment by Josh – August 10, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could the title mean that this is possibly the last season? “Going, Going, Gone.” Or maybe someone just takes a job outside of Seattle. I guess we will have to wait to find out. Looking forward to my favorite show.

Comment by Debi Dragunat – August 10, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jackson apparently is going into broadway so he is leaving the show..if you goggle his name there is a report of this

Comment by karen – August 10, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • from what I’ve gathered from these comments, I think:
    Teddy leaving will make Cristina come back as head of cardio at SG and Arizona will lose her leg. I think it’ll be really interesting to see her character, someone so upbeat have to go through that process esp. with Callie who also just lost her baby’s father, Mark.

That’s just me.

Comment by Jamie – August 10, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a die hard fan from day one. I hate to see mark go. He has grown so much and has a good soul. I don’t want to see him go crazy over Lexi. I cannot wait for the new season to begin. I also watch the reruns on lifetime which no other show has kept my interest to do that. Go Shonda give us a great season.

Comment by Pattie – August 10, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lifetime had 15 eps of S4 scheduled for next week, and now they are all “gone.” I assume the scheduling is the same everywhere? Have you checked? I agree with you, it is a fantastic show! Love it from S1 to S8–and will love it even more if Arizona is back for the entire S9, even if she is less perky.

Comment by Carly – August 11, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel soo very for Callie.

Comment by La – August 11, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Arizona dies, then Callie, Sophia, and Mark get together and move away to create their own family. Alex stays. Teddy and Owen get together when they get home after the crash and move away. Meredith, Derek, Christina, Bailey, Richard all stay for the final season. What do you think?

Comment by Amy Montana – August 11, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark is leaving so that isn’t happening…AZ will just lose a leg. I’m assuming the big story for Callie is going to be how she grieves over the death of her friend and childs father. And helping AZ deal with the loss of her leg.

Comment by Debbie – August 26, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey I’m a huge fan of Callie and Arizona I really love them dat shionda have our head spinning wondering if Arizona going or staying remember her key words is dat they will be workin a lot wit Callie meaning a lot of stuff and plus there r romance who knos if Arizona die maybe Erica might come back dat was Callie true love i think or maybe Arizona might. need a lot of attention knowing the Callie have Sofia to take of it a mind game and I’m losin it but I would hate to see Arizona leave she and Callie is amazing together I love them

Comment by Pisces – August 11, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good grief! Get back on your meds. What is “dat” and “wit”? Your post is very hard to read, much less understand. Have you ever heard of a run-on sentence?

Comment by Vickie – August 31, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad they killed Lexie, not too mad about the killing of mark, but if they kill Arizona… I don’t think I will watch Grey’s anymore….

Comment by Sami – August 11, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too dats y I watch the show cause of calie and Arizona love them too

Comment by Pisces – August 11, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it refers to the show. With SOOO many of the main characters being killed off, it’s not even going to be the same show anymore. It’s ridiculous how many of the characters have been killed off. This is a sign that the show is going downhill. I agree I don’t think I’ll watch it anymore. This killing off of people is out of hand.

Comment by Joy – August 14, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the TRUTH!!! Like having Callie with TWO dead spouses?? NOT FAIR AT ALL…There would be nothing for her to do but to crawl in bed and die herself. UNLESS…Cristina doesn’t take owen back and Callie gets with Owen and they raise Sofia, giving Owen his baby, Like when they were married with kids in the weird “What If” episode…

Comment by Bails!! – August 15, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post