What to Watch: Matthew Perry Says to Go On and Sneak a Peek, Dallas Wraps Season 1 and More

On TV this Wednesday: NBC’s Olympic coverage leads into a special preview of its fall sitcom Go On, Dallas sews up a soapy and satisfying first season, Top Chef Masters wonders “What Would Brian Boitano Stew?” and Futurama goes free will hunting. Here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm 2012 Summer Olympics (NBC) | On tap for tonight: Diving, track and field and the women’s beach volleyball final.

8 pm Melissa & Joey (ABC Family) | Veteran stand-up comedienne Rita Rudner guest-stars as Mel’s mother, whose visit throws her daughter into a tizzy that Joe inadvertently makes worse.

RELATED | Your August Calendar: NBC’s Fall TV Sneak Peek, Plus Tons More Premieres and Finales

9 pm Dallas (TNT) | Season 1 finale: The Ewings pull together in the midst of a medical crisis, Christopher and Elena learn that appearances can be deceiving and big secrets from the past are revealed. (Yep, already renewed!)

9 pm Hollywood Heights (Nickelodeon) | Happy birthday, Eddie! He marks the day by writing a song with Loren, which prompts Nora to worry about Loren’s feelings for the musical dreamboat.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

10 pm Top Chef Masters (Bravo) | Olympic gold medal figure skater/cooking show host Brian Boitano joins the judges for this episode, in which the chefs must put on a show as they create a three-course meal for VIP guests.

10 pm Paranormal Witness (Syfy) | Phantom blood and a ghostly old man terrorize bungalow dwellers in the Season 2 premiere of the spooky unscripted series.

10 pm Futurama (Comedy Central) | Bender’s gaskets are blown when he realizes that, as a robot, he lacks free will.

10 pm The Soul Man (TV Land) | The Voice judge Cee Lo Green shows up as one of Boyce’s former back-up singers who’s now a mega-preacher ready to hang up his robes. In other words, he’s like: Church, forget you! (Sorry, I had to.) Side note: How many more of Boyce and Lolli’s former acquaintances can possibly show up before the end of the season?

RELATED | Fall Preview: Watch Full Trailers for Revolution, Chicago Fire and 4 Other NBC Shows

11:08 pm Go On (NBC) | Preview a full episode of Matthew Perry’s new sitcom – about a widower’s adventures with a wacky support group – before the series officially premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 11. Laura Benanti (Playboy Club), John Cho (Harold & Kumar) and Allison Miller (Terra Nova) are among Miss Chanandler Bong’s co-stars.

1. Stamanah says:

“Miss Chanandler Bong.” Love it :D

2. Winnie says:

I probably should skip Go On, as I think I jinx post-Friends Matthew Perry vehicles… (yes, the entirety of his career rests on one crazy TVLine commenter)…

3. M says:

I am actually quite excited about Go On. It has kind of a Community vibe to it which I think I’ll enjoy.

4. Gerald says:

Dallas, Damages and Go On.
    Dallas was always great with the season finale episodes and you know there’s going to be a cliffhanger. They made the season finales with the famous cliffhangers, so I’m really looking forward to it.
    As for Damages, this season has been great and it’s the last one (you’d think they would include it…).
    I’m only going to watch Go On because I want it do well. It’s just kind of sad that his projects don’t do well, so I’m willing to give him a chance.

5. John Berggren says:

Will Go On rerun in it’s actual premiere slot?
    The 11:08 thing has me certain that the cable box will mess it up.

• Meg says:

When Glee did the season 1 sneak peek Fox replayed the first episode in the fall. I would think NBC would do the same, especially since some people won’t know about the preview.

6. Martin says:

About The Soul Man.

As many as it takes for the ratings to be boosted enough for the show to be renewed I would think.

7. Lorie says:

I gotta watch the All-American women’s beach volleyball game and DVR my other shows. I hope Matthew Perry’s new show does well.

8. Chloe says:

Dallas!!!!!

Go On looks stupid. I’m really annoyed that they’re interrupting the Olympics for that. On the plus side, it will be a good time to let the dogs out before they go to bed.

9. nitemar says:

I wished Matthew had stayed out of comedy and tried another genre, like drama. He did tremendously well on The Good Wife.

• jenny says:

I also thought he did a great job in Studio 60. It’s a shame that there was some great talent on that show that just somehow didn’t work right.

• Andrea says:

The only words I want to hear associated with Matthew Perry right now are The, Good, and Wife…in that order.

• TV Gord says:

Don’t worry, he’ll be back on The Good Wife soon (where he is incredible, by the way). I’ve seen this pilot for Go On, and it’s my least favorite show of the new season (with the possible exception of Dane Cook’s awful new show).

10. Velvet says:

Go On (maybe)
    Haunted Collector
    Paranormal Witness

11. Babybop says:

The “Miss Chanandler Bong” thing brightened my day!

12. nick1372 says:

Watch Olympics (a given now), and record Melissa & Joey, Baby Daddy, and Go On.

Just a warning to anyone who’s recording Go On, make sure to record the news after it just in case the Olympics goes on (see what I did there? :-) ) past 11:08.

13. Jake says:

I think go on starts at 11:04 according to directv

14. Britta Unfiltered says:

so 11:08 means 10:08 MDT? I hope I get home in time to watch it. I would have set it to record if I’d known before I left for work. I’ve been watching the Olympics every night this past week, and I’ve seen lots of teasers for the show, but never an actual ad that it would be on tonight. NBC should have advertised that better. Oh well, if I miss it, hopefully they rerun it in September or October or whenever it premieres.

15. wmjindsm says:

It has been updated to 11:06:14 ET (really), ends at 11:30pmET. Commercial free.

16. Leah says:

None of the promos looked very good. But I love Matthew Perry & John Cho… decisions, decisions.

17. Jonathan says:

I want him to succeed… But he will always be Chandler Bing for me.

18. Seb says:

Go On looks very good from the trailers to me, it looks to be a comedy thats more then just a comedy its got a deeper emotional edge to a small extent and i like that. Perrys great in any role, he was even good when few others were in the fairly poor Mr Sunshine. I wish more people were excited and gave it a chance. Luckily its on NBC so unless the ratings are beyond terrible theyll likely want to keep someone like perry around for a few seasons anyway.

19. Ryan says:

Is Allison Miller a series regular on Go On?