Emmys

Emmys 2012: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a TV Miniseries/Movie? Take Our Poll!

The five actresses in the running for the 2012 Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a TV Miniseries or Movie have a whopping 28 total Emmy nominations among them.

Judy Davis (Page Eight) has scored 11 total nods (with wins in 1995, 2001, and 2007), followed by Mare Winningham (Hatfields & McCoys) with seven (including wins in 1980 and 1998), and Frances Conroy (American Horror Story) with five. Oscar winner Jessica Lange (also from American Horror Story), meanwhile, has been up for an Emmy on four occasions (taking home a statuette in 2009), leaving Sarah Paulson (Game Change) as the only first-time nominee in this year’s race.

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these actresses when the Emmys are handed out in September? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 14, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next month, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor! And follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV for up-to-the-minute alerts of when our Emmy polls launch!

1. Jason says:

Oh, this is the easiest Emmy to give out. Jessica Lange by a mile. No one else comes close.

2. TheBeach says:

Just go on a mail Jessica her Emmy now.

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

Yes, I know Jessica Lange will win, but I will go against the crowd and vote for Frances Conroy if only for the scene where she walked out of the bedroom wiping her mouth with that young dude following her out. You never saw that on Six Feet Under.

4. Tahina says:

I will watch just for when she wins and her accepting speech. Wohoo, Jessica!

5. nitemar says:

I vote for a tie for Jeica Lange and Frances Conroy. :)

6. snowballx350 says:

And I hope she will win it. lol

7. snowballx350 says:

My comment didn’t get posted before. But I have to say Jessica Lange hands down because of her brilliant performance on American Horror Story. True acting skill is what Jessica Lange gave on AHS and made viewers love and feel for her character even though her character had a dark past! The beauty shop scene in the finale is enough for her to just be sent the Emmy in the mail now tbh. Brilliant

8. Jake says:

I love Jessica lange but Francis Conroy just knocked it out of the park when she had that scene with Lange that she couldn’t do it anymore after it was revealed that Lange shot her

9. aayaan says:

lang is brilliant. but i want francis conroy to win. I feel she is waay overdue, and should have won at least once for six feet under. so I hope she wins here.