TVLine Items: Sharon Osbourne Leaving AGT, Laura Bell Bundy to Woo Dixie Guy and More!

Sharon OsbourneOne thing America’s Got Talent may soon not have: Sharon Osbourne.

After fueling rumors of her departure via Twitter, the AGT judge is making her intention to leave the NBC reality competition series (loud and) clear.

RELATED | NBC Boss on More Community, Stern’s America’s Got Talent Status and Voice Burnout

“It’s time to move on,” she tells the New York Post. Despite being under contract, Osbourne says, “They can’t make me do something I don’t want to do. All they can do is stop me from being a judge on another network for five years.”

She explains that the decision was fueled by the firing of her son, Jack — who recently revealed he has multiple sclerosis — from the Peacock network’s new reality series Stars Earn Stripes by email just two days before he was to report to work.

“I just can’t be fake,” she added. “It’s discrimination, and it was badly handled.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Nothing heals a broken heart like a new love. To that end, the CW’s Hart of Dixie has cast Broadway star Laura Bell Bundy — whose TV credits include How I Met Your Mother and Veronica Mars — as a potential love interest for George in at least two episodes next season, per HuffPost TV.

RELATED | Hart of Dixie Doc Gets a Girlfriend — But She’s Got Drama With [Spoiler]!

• The animated comedies Archer and Bob’s Burgers will cross over on the FX spy series next season, H. Jon Benjamin, who voices both main characters, reveals to EW.com. “It’s like a Bourne Identity-type plotline,” he tells the site. “It starts off with Archer as Bob, making hamburgers, but he doesn’t know that he’s Archer.”

• Richard E. Grant (Doctor Who: Scream of the Shalka) and Tom Ward (the BBC series Silent Witness) have been tapped for the Doctor Who Christmas special airing later this year, reports EW.com.

• Tyra Banks has enlisted singer Alicia Keys and filmmaker Tyler Perry as mentors on the next edition of America’s Next Top Model (premiering Aug. 24 on The CW), per TVGuide.com. Additionally, 90210 star Shenae Grimes will appear as the contestants’ celebrity photographer.

• Lifetime has ordered 10 episodes of Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, featuring Dance Moms maven Abby Lee Miller.

• The final season of Travel Channel’s Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations will debut Sept. 3 at 9/8c.

• ABC has bought a Romeo and Juliet-esque drama from executive producer McG (The O.C., Supernatural), and it’ll be written by Byron Balasco (Detroit 1-8-7), according to Deadline. The untitled project is set in Venice, Calif., where a forbidden romance emerges as two rival families fight for control of the city.

• NBC is getting back into business with Life creator Rand Ravich, giving a put-pilot commitment to his untitled action thriller, per The Hollywood Reporter. The potential series centers on an idealistic Secret Service agent who gets caught up in an international crisis on his first day on the job, forcing him to cross moral and legal lines.

• FX has signed a script-development deal with music mogul Dr. Dre and writer Sidney Quashi for a drama pilot set in the Los Angeles music and crime scenes, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | Girls and Enlightened to Return in January

• Hannah’s boy-toy on Girls, Adam, is getting a new love interest in Season 2. Shiri Appleby (Life Unexpected) will play a beautiful and charming New Yorker who adores the guy despite his sexual tendencies, reports Deadline.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. “The potential series centers on an idealistic Secret Service agent who gets caught up in an international crisis on his first day on the job, forcing him to cross moral and legal lines.” so, Jack Bauer on the first season of 24?

2. Mozgirl says:

AGT will suck with out Sharon. She is the heart of the show. I’m so sad that NBC screwed up like this.

3. Julia says:

I think Sharon is the best judge on this show. She’s so fair and you could tell that she enjoyed the job. But this past season you could also tell that she was annoyed with Howard Stern, and he was also very annoying to me.

• dan says:

Sharon and Howard are friends; she has been on his radio show many times (as has Howie). I suspect that Sharon is fed up with NBC for exactly the reasons she has stated and this has nothing to do with Howard Stern. She is VERY protective of her kids, always has been, and this decision is consistent with her commitment to them.

4. Summer says:

No! I love Shiri Appleby, but I do not like Girls.

• Sam says:

I have a feeling that her fans probably prefer tamer, less daring material (LUX, Roswell) than HBO-level maturity.

5. Elle says:

“Lifetime has ordered 10 episodes of Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, featuring Dance Moms maven Abby Lee Miller.”
    OH GOD WHY?

6. Montie says:

An even bigger TV credit for LBB would be Guiding Light which she was on for two years. Just because it’s not on anymore, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a big break for her.

7. mia says:

When Sharon first announced this on Twitter I was heartbroken, I absolutely adore her and she’s a fantastic judge on the show. I understand her reasons though and I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same thing. Tsk tsk NBC
    They need to be really careful who they replace her with

8. Steven says:

If this Romeo & Juliet drama takes place in the present, then it’ll be like the modern day R&J movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes.

9. arial2 says:

Tyra Banks drops the three best things about ANTM (Jay, J and Nigel Barker), then spends more money on big names? I thought it was about cost-cutting? But then, it really doesn’t matter to me, anyway; I was gone the moment the Js and Nigel were gone.

10. Ryan says:

Anyone else have Baz Luhrman’s R&J come to mind when reading the synopsis of McG’s R&J?

11. forwarddad says:

I am glad Sharon leaving. Fake. Would
    Like to hear other side of the story.

12. Beth Ann says:

“ABC has bought a Romeo and Juliet-esque drama from executive producer McG (The O.C., Supernatural), and it’ll be written by Byron Balasco (Detroit 1-8-7), according to Deadline. The untitled project is set in Venice, Calif., where a forbidden romance emerges as two rival families fight for control of the city.”

This sounds a lot like the 2003 FOX drama “Skin,” which co-incidentally starred D.J. Cotrona, who went on to star in “Detroit 1-8-7.”

13. Lorna Doone says:

Sharon I understand your decision. I hope you would change your mind. I personally admire you do very much. I hope Jack is doing well. I will miss you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love you, XO

14. txblue says:

I hope Sharon doesn’t leave AGT! I love her & she is the heart of the show. They should not have done that to Jack, but after watching the series of Stars & Stripes, perhaps they did not want to put unnecessary stress on his body. That show was very intense & extremely physical, and that could of have had negative effects on his condition. I wish Sharon the best & jack is in my prayers. Perhaps, it was more in how they handled the situation instead of them just not letting him do the show. Just a thought.

15. Sylviajean Hernandez says:

I love Sharon she is sure a cool sister. You can see she has a BIG heart for people. God Bless You Sister and may He always bless you
    and your family.