Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Grimm Enlists Dark Knight Rises Baddie For Season 2 Guest Stint

Josh Stewart GrimmJosh Stewart is going from playing a figurative monster in The Dark Knight Rises to a literal one on Grimm.

The actor — who’s currently creeping out theatergoers as Bane’s second in command in TDKR — has been tapped to guest star in an episode of NBC’s sophomore spookfest, TVLine has learned exclusively.

He’ll play Bill, a middle-class dude who moonlights as a Badger-esque creature called a Drang-Zorn.

PHOTO | View Grimm‘s Season 2 Poster!

Stewart is probably best known to TV audiences as JJ’s detective hubby Will on Criminal Minds. His other tube credits include Third Watch, Dirt and No Ordinary Family.

Grimm‘s second season premieres Monday, Aug. 13 at 10/9c. Stewart will turn up in Episode 7.

Comments (23)

• Really like him on. CM. Wish he had a bigger role.

Comment by GeeMa – August 4, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was the best part of No Ordinary Family and he was great in Batman. I’ll watch Grimm

Comment by Guess – August 4, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally I <3 Will gotta give Josh more CM time

Comment by Lauren Fletcher – August 5, 2012 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The entire time I was watching TDKR I was trying to figure out how I knew this guy! It was from his role on Criminal Minds! Thanks, TVLine!

Comment by Kelly – August 4, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s funny – I was the opposite. The moment he popped up on screen I couldn’t believe he was in the movie! He didn’t have many lines, but he had a great presence.

Comment by big cheddar – August 4, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! I was like “its Will!” I adore him on Criminal Minds and he was awesome in TDKR. Also, his accent was super sexy. Glad to see him getting more roles.

Comment by Mandy – August 6, 2012 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did the same thing! I didn’t realize who he was until reading this article.

Incidentally, Keith Szarabajka threw me for the same loop in The Dark Knight. Nolan sure does love casting TV’s favorite “THAT guy”s!

Comment by J – August 4, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It took me half of Dark Knight Rises to realize I knew him from No Ordinary Family. Glad to hear he has more screen work coming soon!

Comment by Allison P – August 4, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm’s Sgt. Wu is in The Dark Knight as well. Funny they didn’t mention that in this article.

Comment by jena – August 4, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing it’s because article wasn’t about Wu character. It was about Josh being cast and giving a recent frame of reference for those not sure where they may have seen him.

Comment by Jennifer – August 5, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will! I love this guy on CM.

Comment by Renee – August 4, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked him on No Ordinary Family; he made what was a flat character into a really nuanced interesting character. He’ll fit right in on Grimm.

Comment by mia – August 4, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Bella – August 4, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy was AWFUL on No Ordinary Family. Haven’t seen TDKR yet, but I’m surprised an actor this bad would have a prominent role in that film. Maybe he’s gotten better?

Comment by Bella – August 4, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he’s been awesome for years on criminal minds, he’s my favorite recurring character.

Comment by Alan – August 5, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree he’s pretty bad. Maybe it’s the accent on Criminal Minds…but I can barely understand him because he doesn’t enunciate anything! He just drawls about and rarely changes his facial expression. His eyes always looks so sleepu.

Comment by Katie – August 7, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t quite place him at first either, then I remembered him opposite Courtney Cox on FX’s Dirt; there were rumors of an affair between them, too…

Comment by Johonna – August 4, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was also on the horror movie “The Collector”.

Comment by Shaun – August 4, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sasha AND Josh on same show!! Christmas came early this year!! Anyway to make him series regular??

Comment by Jennifer – August 5, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOOOO happy, Love him!!!

Comment by brandizzle918 – August 5, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was awesome in Dirt.

Comment by J – August 5, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love josh stewart in criminal minds….im glad hes doing so well….looking forward to grimm….ill b looking for josh in episode 7…….

Comment by nancy mckee – August 6, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post