General Hospital Shocker: Jerry's Back for More Mayhem, and [Spoiler] Isn't Far Behind!

On soaps, dismissals and deaths are easily surmountable annoyances – and two General Hospital recent returnees are proof.

Sebastian Roché’s made a surprise reappearance as brutal baddie Jerry in Friday’s episode of the daytime drama, and his onscreen brother Jax (played by Ingo Rademacher, pictured at right) will be back this month, Soap Opera Digest reports.

RELATED90210 Scoop: GH Star Cops Top-Secret Role

Though Roché’s appearance had been rumored for some time, the sudser shocked fans by revealing that not only was the sadistic sophisticate still alive after his apparent shooting and drowning in 2010, he was the mastermind behind Robin’s faked death, too!

Roché, whose prolific body of work includes stints on Fringe, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds and Grimm, told TVGuide.com that he’d be around the ABC series for “a few weeks… but we’ll see.”

RELATED | Jonathan Jackson on Making Music in Nashville and Remaining Open to a General Hospital Return

News of Rademacher’s return is just as OMG-inducing, but for a different reason: In May 2011, the Aussie actor released a statement saying the show he’d starred on for more than a decade had given him the heave-ho. “After 15 years on GH portraying Jax, I must say good-bye. I’m fired,” he wrote, with no further explanation. Rademacher showed up very briefly on the soap in January to check on daughter Josslyn and sell Kate his shares in the Metro Court hotel, but it looked like Jax had checked out of Port Charles for good.

Not so, apparently. On Saturday, the actor tweeted that he’d be back for “a bunch of shows.”

1. laura says:

OMG I luv Jax!!! He’s my fave! Jerry Jacks plays a great psychopath! Thank you GH from bringing back the Jacks brothers. GH just got a whole lot better!

• Lynn F says:

I think that everyone should petition for them to bring Ingo back on fulltime bases. The show would be a whole lot better. I think those new people need to understand what the fans want and it is the fans who ultimately keeps these shows going. Give the fans what they want.

2. dude says:

I know I’m being greedy but if Jax is back, I want him back for good. Not for two weeks.

• Vanessa Farley says:

If that show wants to kick things up a notch above the tiresome neverending, predictable gangster in Sonny Corinthos, Be smart and resign Ingo Radamacher as Jasper Jax and give him the semi-ruthless role that he use to have with a yearning for Carly. You need fresh writers General Hospital!!!!!

• Amen to that! I love JAX!

3. Renee says:

I love Sebastian Roché.

4. Daniela says:

Sebastian Roché is AWESOME. I love that they brought him back. I missed Jerry. And Roché is really good at playing the bad guy.
    Wonder how Jax will react when he finds out that Carly is dating Johnny now. That is going to make for some awkward scenes.
    And I don’t know about bringing Jax back full time. I think having him on for a “bunch of shows” is fine. I don’t see the need to have him back full time at the moment. I don’t need this Jax/Sonny feud anymore.

5. wednesday says:

Please keep him away from Carly! I don’t want them back together. She sucks the life out of him. Hopefully the new writers can repair the damage that was done to his character. I’m excited to see him back and look forward to his scenes with Jerry and Alexis.

6. Jenn C says:

I wish Jax was coming back for good, he always made Carly a much better person than she is with anyone else. LW and IR were AMAZING together, and I always wanted him to come back and for her to fight for him! Will be glad to see him, but I want more than some random episodes…. And thanks to TV Line for continuing to always cover the daytime soaps!

7. sandee says:

I just want to know why Jerry is back and why he’s exacting revenge on the people of Port Charles.

8. matthew c says:

A very good actor for sure, but to me, Sebastian Roche as Jerry has never rang true to me. For one Jerry Jax as introduced in the 90’s was a schemer and manipulator but was no psychopath so his sudden turn to evil made little to no sense. Also the fact they’ve ignored the years of history with Jerry and Bobbie infuriates me. I realize they’ve mostly written out Bobbie, nut there was a scene in which they were on an elevator together and neither of them said a word. Not even a OMG JERRY! JERRY was the love of Bobbie’s life at one point and broke her heart when he left town.

• KiMarsha says:

I agree.As IF the NEW writers had no idea nor were they informed that these two were once an item. That’s what they get for not doing their research and changing writers around so much on these soaps. It’s kind of ignorent isn’t it? What the heck!?!?

• Lynn F says:

I agree Jerry was at best a little shady, but never a psychopath. He was a lover like his brother. They really went extremely to the left with his character, which did not make any sense at all. Then they turned Franco into a twin brother of Jason. Stupid, and killed him off. Not that James Franco would be a permenant cast of the show, but really, I doubt if he is dead, but Jason’s brother? Why not simply a psychopath? There needs to be a logical train of thought going on here. They should have kept some of GH writers along with OLTL.

9. Shannon says:

Love Roche! My mouth dropped open when I saw him walk back on my screen. I was so happy!!

10. Jaxiszzzzzzzzzzzzzzz says:

BORING!!

11. Patricia says:

Jerry is a great vilian-manipulative, evil- yet, oh so charming! Wonderful to have the Jacks brothers back. Always an interesting contrast between the two brothers.

12. Kelly says:

He is a great villian. Glad to see him tied to Robin’s story and that Robin’s friend Jax will be back. The new PTB are doing great.

13. Lori says:

Thrilled that Jax is coming back but they need to bring Brenda with him! They were so perfect together and we didn’t get anything of that when Vanessa came back last year. Instead it was all Brenda/Sonny and awful writing! Vanessa and Ingo have incredible chemistry! Bring them back and remind fans that “nobody leaves”!

14. Taryn says:

I WANT SEBASTIAN ROCHE BACK ON SUPERNATURAL!

15. tvdiva says:

I love Sebastian Roche. He is a great character actor. He has been fantastic on Fringe, Supernatural, Grimm – anything he does is fun to watch.

16. So does this mean Robin is coming back???

• Troy Turner says:

Robin is back-for a bit, anyway. Jerry Jacks, though, is the first misstep that Team Cartini has made-as there is a rich history of villiany that they have contact with/access to. JJ plays a good baddie, but he just reminds me of the previous regime

17. Madeline Back says:

where is Ted King?

18. stef says:

Beyond thrilled to see Sebastian and Ingo back on GH! LOVE them…I hate to see Heather leave this week though…she certainly keeps things interesting!

19. Lynn F says:

Ingo Radamacher makes General Hospital worth watching as the less than perfect, tall, handsome aussie. He gives the show spice.The show needs to bring back the cast and get rid of their writers. It is not the cast yall!! it is the writers. Use that money to buy some imagination for your writing team, Creativity folks. You have the tools writers use them. Pit Jax against Johnny, Pit Sonny against John and Jax, team John with Jax put Carly in the middle of Johnny, Jax and Todd. Put Sam in the middle of John and Todd. Imagination. Interesting combinations.

• KiMarsha says:

Because the new writers are from ONE LIFE TO LIVE. They fired the GH writers. Go figure. This being why we have OLTL characters on the show. Not complaining, I like Starr, Todd, Blaire and Tea Delgado. But, they claim these are better writers and they all worked for ABC anyway. We’ll just have to give it a chance and wait and see. I actually like the new style and direction the show is taking and the writers seem to be making it interesting.

• Lynn F says:

I like the cast of One Life to Live being on the show also. They need to bring on Natalie and Jessica, however, the Sonny storyline is old and tired. How many times can a gangster get shot and not die and eventually they do long stretches in jail. Even Teflon Don had problems. Jacks need a permenent spot back on the show. He is just an interesting character to me. I love McBain being on there and Todd. I still think that the writers need to kick it up a notch.

20. I would love Jax to be the one to rescue and save Robin #gh

21. Geraldine Suggs says:

Why can’t General Hospital have any professional Africian Amerian Women and why do they have to put Shawn with another White woman. Africian Amerian men do and are very attractive and dedicated to Africian women. We are devoted fans as well!!!!!! Let’s us see are people portrayed on the show correctly and not just strip club dancers.

22. bev says:

i cant beleive no one has mentioned that olivia that ws drugged with lsd is seeing the future in her hallucinations. like lulu being pregnant the water glowing green and dr ewing beng the devil

• Lynn F says:

Jacks and Todd are worthy apponents for Carly’s affection. That would be an interesting war even moreso that Jacks and Sonny. That one is old. Todd is sooooooooo crazy (literally crazy). I think that Jacks would be kinda stunned at Todd’s level of crazy. Carly belongs with Jasper Jacks in the end, but it would be interesting to see them battle over Carly.

23. Helen Hobbs says:

Will Jasper Jacks ever return to GENERAL HOSPTIAL in 2013?? I miss seeing him and his brother Jerry Jack’s.

24. The child should like the video game that you have bought.
    In relation to the latter, students have to plan on doing an MQP milestone project as a team, comprising members from both IMGD-Artistic and IMGD-Technical learners.
    You don’t need to be fixed, but you do need effective tools, including
    systems and processes put into place that will help you in the areas of time,
    team, management, and marketing.