Exclusive

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: True Blood's Joe Manganiello Back as Brad For Multi-Ep Arc

Joe Manganiello How I Met Your MotherTrue Blood man-beast Joe Manganiello is making a return trip to How I Met Your Mother this fall.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Magic Mike actor has signed on to reprise his role as Marshall’s law school chum Brad in two episodes of the CBS hitcom.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Spoiler Alert — 16 Scoops on Season 8

Viewers last saw Brad in Season 5 when he went on an awkward hockey-themed date with Robin. It’s unclear what brings him back into the fold, but last week HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told TVLine that the show’s eighth season would feature “a couple of familiar faces coming back,” including the previously reported Michael Trucco as Robin’s crush and Ashley Williams as Victoria.

“There’s going to be a few more [returnees] from deeper into the past as we near the end of the series,” he added. “Just funny people we always wanted to write for more and play with more.”

HIMYM returns with Season 8 on Sept. 24.

1. Liz says:

YES! I’ve always thought the Brad character was hilarious– particularly when Marshall & Lily got married.

2. this just made my day!

3. JeniLee says:

So pumped. I met him at a One Tree Hill event and he signed my DVD’s “Brunch is for bros” he is AWESOME

4. Leona says:

damn I was rewatching HIMYM yesterday and thought it’d be nice to have Brad back
    great news!

5. shiran says:

bring back Michelle! Lily’s friend! I loved her :D

6. I approve! A reason to watch.

7. Liz says:

This is AWESOME! I’ve been rewatching from the beginning on Netflix and just finished the end of season 2 (ie Marshall and Lily’s wedding). Brad was hilarious and I can’t wait to see what he’s been up to! Seriously the last 3 episodes of season 2 are the best! I laugh so hard I cry, and Brad’s bouncer antics are a major part of that. I can’t wait!

8. Leah says:

Ha! Maybe they’ll talk more about how he’s not quite right, “below the belt.”

9. Tom says:

Please find a way to bring back Blah Blah, best character name ever.

• Tom says:

Also, love when Brad and Marshall go to brunch. And Michelle would be good, especially to get Lily to get her Vodka Gatorade on.

• Mikael says:

The episode with Blah Blah is one of my favorites! I love how crazy she got about Robin! “I don’t have a distributor yet, but thank you for rubbing that in my face. Robin, why are you trying to undermine me in front of Ted?”

10. I think my beautiful niece Amanda Haska is prettier than any of these ladies you have on these shows.. give her a chance so she can take care of her Auntie when she is old !!

11. Ace says:

Yes!!! \o/ Even though he’s totally famous now, I still think “Oh, hey, it’s Brad!” whenever I see him. Love that guy!

12. Merah says:

i hope Lucy Hale (Robin’s sister) comes back too

13. Jay Knows says:

How I Met Your Werewolf. Two of my favorite shows – True Blood and HIMYM.

14. A person necessarily lend a hand to make severely articles
    I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your
    website page and to this point? I surprised with the research you
    made to create this actual submit incredible. Fantastic activity!