Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: True Blood's Joe Manganiello Back as Brad For Multi-Ep Arc

Joe Manganiello How I Met Your MotherTrue Blood man-beast Joe Manganiello is making a return trip to How I Met Your Mother this fall.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Magic Mike actor has signed on to reprise his role as Marshall’s law school chum Brad in two episodes of the CBS hitcom.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Spoiler Alert — 16 Scoops on Season 8

Viewers last saw Brad in Season 5 when he went on an awkward hockey-themed date with Robin. It’s unclear what brings him back into the fold, but last week HIMYM co-creator Craig Thomas told TVLine that the show’s eighth season would feature “a couple of familiar faces coming back,” including the previously reported Michael Trucco as Robin’s crush and Ashley Williams as Victoria.

“There’s going to be a few more [returnees] from deeper into the past as we near the end of the series,” he added. “Just funny people we always wanted to write for more and play with more.”

HIMYM returns with Season 8 on Sept. 24.

Comments (22)

• YES! I’ve always thought the Brad character was hilarious– particularly when Marshall & Lily got married.

Comment by Liz – August 1, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. I also loved him the episodes when Lily and Marshall got married. Especially when he was trying to find Skeeter to throw him out. Ohh…bring back Skeeter.

Comment by MJ – August 1, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • scooter not sceeter

Comment by chris – August 1, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was SO funny in that episode! Will there be a way to have him shirtless? LOL

Comment by Deena – August 1, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this just made my day!

Comment by amandareynolds – August 1, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Summer – August 1, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So pumped. I met him at a One Tree Hill event and he signed my DVD’s “Brunch is for bros” he is AWESOME

Comment by JeniLee – August 1, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • damn I was rewatching HIMYM yesterday and thought it’d be nice to have Brad back
    great news!

Comment by Leona – August 1, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back Michelle! Lily’s friend! I loved her :D

Comment by shiran – August 1, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!!! Bring back Michelle!

Comment by Lindsey – August 1, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I approve! A reason to watch.

Comment by Kendal Walworth – August 1, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOOOOOOOOOOD!

Comment by Rebecca (@becky_cha) – August 1, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is AWESOME! I’ve been rewatching from the beginning on Netflix and just finished the end of season 2 (ie Marshall and Lily’s wedding). Brad was hilarious and I can’t wait to see what he’s been up to! Seriously the last 3 episodes of season 2 are the best! I laugh so hard I cry, and Brad’s bouncer antics are a major part of that. I can’t wait!

Comment by Liz – August 1, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha! Maybe they’ll talk more about how he’s not quite right, “below the belt.”

Comment by Leah – August 1, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please find a way to bring back Blah Blah, best character name ever.

Comment by Tom – August 1, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, love when Brad and Marshall go to brunch. And Michelle would be good, especially to get Lily to get her Vodka Gatorade on.

Comment by Tom – August 1, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The episode with Blah Blah is one of my favorites! I love how crazy she got about Robin! “I don’t have a distributor yet, but thank you for rubbing that in my face. Robin, why are you trying to undermine me in front of Ted?”

Comment by Mikael – August 2, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think my beautiful niece Amanda Haska is prettier than any of these ladies you have on these shows.. give her a chance so she can take care of her Auntie when she is old !!

Comment by Melanie Burns – August 1, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! \o/ Even though he’s totally famous now, I still think “Oh, hey, it’s Brad!” whenever I see him. Love that guy!

Comment by Ace – August 2, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope Lucy Hale (Robin’s sister) comes back too

Comment by Merah – August 3, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Werewolf. Two of my favorite shows – True Blood and HIMYM.

Comment by Jay Knows – August 5, 2012 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A person necessarily lend a hand to make severely articles
    I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your
    website page and to this point? I surprised with the research you
    made to create this actual submit incredible. Fantastic activity!

Comment by uggs for men cheap – December 11, 2013 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post