Fall TV Preview

Scoop: Criminal Minds Hires Drop Dead Diva Boss Man Josh Stamberg

Josh Stamberg, whose Drop Dead Diva boss man discovered he had a long-lost kid, will be dealt a whole lot more family drama when he visits Criminal Minds.

TVLine has learned that Stamberg will guest-star on the CBS crime drama in Season 8′s third episode, “Through the Looking Glass,” as the father of a desperate family that has been abducted.

RELATED | Criminal Minds Exclusive: Bellamy Young to Return for Beth’s ‘Lovely’ Send-Off

Stamberg tends to keep busy during Diva hiatuses; prior to this, he booked a double-episode arc on ABC’s Castle, playing a suspicious CIA agent. His TV credits also include The Whole Truth and Studio 60.

RELATED | Criminal Minds Scoop: Big Love‘s Jeanne Tripplehorn Joins Cast as a Series Regular

Season 8 of Criminal Minds kicks off Wednesday, Sept. 26, at 9/8c.

Comments (11)

• Well, at least he’s not the unsub? Or at least, I hope not. I’m sick of seeing all these unsubs being revealed five minutes into the episode. I liked when they revealed the unsub five minutes before an episode ended.

But I’ve seen Josh in a couple of other roles so I hope I’m not disappointed.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – July 31, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this isnt a mystery show, its about human psychology. the idea is to display why these guys go off the deep end and kill people. plus it sets it apart from all the other cop shows out there

Comment by Alan – August 1, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, right? It really makes me mad people who get pissy about revealing the unsub in Criminal Minds. Like that matters. It’s about how their minds work, how the psycho/ill they are. It makes me wonder how many people who watch the show actually *get* it.

ARGH!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – August 1, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has DDD been axed or renewed yet?

Comment by Slizabeth – July 31, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just got renewed… shoot should begin and we can watch episodes this summer

Comment by Rosa davis – March 12, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Father of a desperate family? Or a desperate father of a family who was abducted? ;-)

Comment by Callie – July 31, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I wondered…

Comment by stacey – July 31, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I’m curious, desperately, myself. :) Not the best sentence structure or punctuation there. Not to mention the whole that/who thing…. I guess we’ll have to watch episode three to figure it out.

Comment by Donna – August 2, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This at least the second CM episode that has the same title as a LOST ep…Tabula Rasa being the other.

Comment by Jules – July 31, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see him working… Drop Dead Diva is a fun show, however, he is under-used :(

Comment by Sean – August 8, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post