TVLine Items: Ricky Martin Eyes Own Series, Dr. Horrible's CW Debut Date and More!
Ricky Martin is looking to shake his bon bon into network television on a permanent basis.
The sometime-Glee guest star has signed a talent holding deal with Universal Television to develop and star in his own series, as well as a number of specials.
“Ricky is an iconic superstar who is as talented as he is popular,” the studio’s Executive Vice President Bela Bajaria said in a statement Monday. “Whether he’s performing before sold-out concert crowds, or starring on Broadway, where he is currently playing to [standing-room only houses] in Evita, Ricky connects with his audience in a very palpable way – and we are thrilled that he will be adding TV star to his incredible resume.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• As you no doubt know by now, Joss Whedon’s cult-hit web series Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog will make its television debut on The CW this fall — and now we have a premiere date! Look for the Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris-starrer to debut Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 9/8c.
• Watch out, Boardwalk Empire fans: Nucky is no longer just half a gangster. Press PLAY below to see for yourselves in an all-new promo for Season 3 of the HBO drama.
• Sharon Stone, Carrie Fisher, Katey Sagal and Seth Green are among those set to skewer Roseanne Barr during her upcoming Comedy Central Roast, EW.com reports. Comics Jeffrey Ross, Amy Schumer, and Anthony Jeselnik will also partake in the festivities, which air Aug. 12.
• Supernatural alum Chad Lindberg has booked a guest spot in Castle Season 5, which premieres Monday, Sept. 24 at 10/9c. Per TVGuide.com, he’ll play a career criminal in Castle and Beckett’s sights.
• John Pyper-Ferguson (Alphas, Brothers & Sisters) will appear in the third episode of Grimm‘s upcoming second season, TVGuide.com reports, playing a man hellbent on taking down fellow guest Mark Pellegrino. The NBC drama will return Monday, Aug. 13 (10/9c) and will move to its regular time slot on Friday, Sept. 21 (9/8c).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?