Bad Boy Quarterfinals End With Justified's Raylan Givens Vs. Vampire Diaries' Damon Salvatore!

We’ve reached the last Quarterfinal matchup of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament — and it promises to be another doozy.

Yes indeed, brace yourselves for a devastating dustup between Raylan Givens of Justified and Damon Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries.

Every day for the next week, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that have already finished, and those we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. jen says:

Oh my God. How. Do. I. Do. This? I hurt.

2. Maro says:

No contest here. Rutland is not so much a bad boy as a bit of a rebel. Damon all the way

3. Sally says:

Raylan. Though if Damon wins, he’d have a better chance to beat Chuck, and that’s all I want.

4. ben says:

This is the round in which everyone I want to win loses as the people I think of as the best ‘bad boys’ give way to fandoms.

• AuntieKris says:

Exactly!

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Sigh. I know how you feel. I don’t know what’s going on with these CW shows, because I find it really hard to believe those shows have the ratings and fan bases necessary to beat characters from some of the bigger, more watched shows on bigger networks. I would be convinced the Gossip Girl fans were cheating in the contest against Barney if I thought they were smart enough to figure it out. But maybe I underestimated them, maybe they are smart enough to figure out how to cheat. It’s either that, or else TVLine just has a huge fanbase of teenage girls, because I’m pretty sure that’s the only people that would watch CW shows. Or those with the mentality of teenage girls.

• Jane says:

Um… ouch. I am not a teenage girl, and yet I still love The Vampire Diaries because it is an excellent show. There’s no need for hostility. You shouldn’t look down on teenagers just for being young. It’s pretty snotty.

• Ashley says:

Not taking up for Britta, since she/he sounds like a bitter tool, but the CW does gear its program towards teenage girls. That was their entire strategy when they became a network. Nothing wrong with liking it, of course. Just stating facts.

• Jane says:

You’re right. I know they’re geared towards teenagers… I just don’t know why one must assume that makes every show they have automatically bad. I’m not saying every show on there is good, but seriously. Bitter tool is right.

• W says:

Hey, don’t underestimate the number of cougars hot on the trail of the Winchester men.

• dude says:

Calling teenagers stupid just because you’re old and jaded is pretty pathetic. There are plenty of intelligent, well-spoken teenagers. Probably more-so than you.

• Michael says:

Barney is a rake, not a bad boy. As much as I hate Gossip Girl, Chuck Bass is your quintessential bad boy. He fits the category better than most of the entries. I’ll vote for everyone but him but that doesn’t mean that some nefarious teenage plot has unhatched to take us all down. You are somewhat unhinged.

• Elyse says:

i don’t watch justified but i do watch TVD so i’m obviously going to pick a character that i know.

5. Monique says:

This is extremely hard for me :(

6. Jill says:

No contest! Damon all the way!!

7. Kelly says:

RAYLAN. No question.

8. Zac says:

damon hands down

9. malinam says:

I am so sick of Vampire Diaries, but Raylan is just not it…sure it’s Damon…

10. sandee says:

Raylan is not a bad guy. He may be on the cusp but he’s a good guy who always gets his man, well unless it’s Boyd.

11. Jennifer says:

I try to follow the rules and keep the ‘bad boy’ qualities in mind when voting, but if this was for the ‘best baker of chocolate chip cookies’ I would vote for Raylan and I don’t know or care if the man can cook!!! I just can’t help myself…

12. Jacqi says:

how did cole turner lose?

13. Emily says:

Damon is just a hot vampire who manipulates and kills humans… which is what all vampires do. Stefan was a better bad boy when he was on his Ripper streak.

14. AuntieKris says:

Raylan Givens all the way … except the VD fangirls are going to vote for Damon because they think Ian Somerholder is hot. However, women of a certain age, like myself, appreciate the mature appeal of Timothy Olyphant.

• Rebecca says:

Oh, come on. They’re both hot. Like, exceptionally so. This is common consensus, and has nothing to do with age. And, to be honest, the definition of “best bad boy” is so elusive that I pretty much am just voting with my loins.

• Elyse says:

i’m picking Damon because i actually watch TVD and i’ve never seen an episode of justified. it’s not my fault Damon happens to be hot.

15. Miffy says:

I’m sure Timothy Olyphant must love being mentioned in the same breath as a glorified underwear model from a teenybopper show on the CW.

• Jenna says:

Don’t denigrate a show if you’ve never seen it. TVD is quality television. It’s just in a different genre, and the people are unrealistically beautiful. I watch both shows, and trust me- both of these characters are complex, bad ass, and freaking gorgeous.

16. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Damon! Damon, Damon, Damon. He won sexiest beast and he can win this, too! Well, if he loses to Chuck Bass, I won’t be totally heartbroken.

17. Britta Unfiltered says:

Raylan is bad and full of darkness. The love of his life called him the angriest man she knew. He coolly shot his own father in the leg after his dad betrayed him. He cheated on his girlfriend with his ex-wife. He shot his best friend in the chest. He tazed a guy in the balls. And then tazed him again when the guy was just starting to come to. He covered up his ex-wife’s theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars. I could go on and on. Raylan is bad, and super sexy to boot. And the hat. Let’s not forget the hat. That badass hat alone should win this contest.

• Emily says:

When Raylan shot Arlo in the leg… it happened so fast I didn’t even process why he did that until after the gun thugs came crashing in. A quick mind and a sure shot is hot as hell. Damon couldn’t think that fast, and he’s a vampire with super-speed.

• Ashley says:

Don’t forget he hit that guy with his car. Twice. And banged Dewey’s head against a steering wheel, and played keep away with a man’s arm. Man, I love that show.

• Temis says:

Yeah the scene with the arm, wow. I also watch TVD, but those writers would never do anything so flat out twisted. they’d never even think to do it. That’s the difference between broadcast and cable. all the real badasses are on cable, where the FCC can’t interfere.

• Emily says:

Raylan’s expression after Quarles is “disarmed” makes me laugh every time. Raylan is as shocked as Quarles is, but he reacts with such… matter-of-fact incredulousness. It’s like, alright, I’ll go with it.

• dolphinlights says:

Yep, and Raylan crossed the line by playing Harlan Roulette with Wyn Duffy. In addition to his ex-wife’s cover-up, he also tampered with evidence by 1) ‘returning to Robert Quarles that which was his,’ and 2) looking the other way while Mags Bennett’s money ‘derived from ill-gotten gains’ went to Loretta. And he let Boyd have Dickie Bennett (to no doubt kill him) before having to ‘borrow him for just a little bit.’

He is bad with a super coolness factor. Not only is Raylan’s hat a character in to itself (“Hatless”), his slow, sexy walk is so hott … there are no words that can do it justice. Oh, and there is his steely-eyed stare.

Besides being super smart and clever, Raylan is super bad, super cool, and super hott … all at the same time.

• Leah says:

I loved the tablecloth pull with Fletcher “Ice Pick” Nix. Also had to love how nonchalantly Raylan disarmed Bo Crowder & Co. in Bulletville too. Whatever he does, he does with style.

• Susan says:

Actually, he shot Arlo in the arm.

18. Leah says:

Real men must be able to pull off scruff. Damon Salvatore, besides not even being a real human, does not qualify.

19. jaime says:

this is ridiculous there is no way that a cw vampire could beat raylan. anyone who says he isnt a badass clearly doesnt watch Justified. he’s a broke alcoholic cowboy marshall who justifies shooting people by letting them take their guns out before he kills them. no contest

20. Samantha says:

The way the question is stated is which of the 2 do you prefer.

21. MGL says:

Love them both. Cannot even vote. Ugh!

22. Dave says:

I watch both shows but I got to give this one to Raylan. There is nothing cooler or bad than Raylan throwing the bullet at Wyn Duffy’s chest and telling him the next ones coming faster.

23. AuntieKris says:

By the way, one of the most unfair match-ups in this bracket was Dean Winchester v. Eliot Spencer. Seriously?!?

24. Ollie says:

Damon all the way baby!!!! TV’s true bad boy!!!

25. Dolphin says:

Anyone who plays Harlan Roulette with the Dixie Mafia gets my vote.

26. Juliette says:

DAMON without a doubt!

27. Deena says:

I don’t watch either show but Raylan Givens just LOOKS more like a bad boy. Besides, I’m also still pissed about Cole Turner losing.

28. Temis says:

Raylan! Raylan! She said futilely, sigh…

If the one character in this contest written by Elmore Leonard can’t win a badass contest, there’s no justice in the world.

29. W says:

Raylan for me. I love me some gunslinger.

30. W says:

Keep voting for Raylan.

31. W says:

32. Emily says:

Damon self-destructs to seek affirmation of how bad he is. Raylan Givens thinks this poll is incredibly lame, and doesn’t need validation of his badassery. Damon can have it.

33. Maryline__BSB says:

So, some people make comments about teenagers voting. I just want to say that I’m 28 and enjoy tv shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, Pretty Little Liars, Melissa and Joey, HIMYM, CougarTown,… There is no age. We watch tv to escape from reality, to dream for a while, to get rid of our daily stress. We’re allowed to enjoy watching cute men, bad boys, on tv. Just my opinion. And of course I enjoy more “adult” shows like Dexter, White Collar, and new things like Saving Hope, Awake and loved Ringer and The River.
    Again, just my thoughts. There is no age to watch tv, we all have different taste. When I was a teen my mother used to watch Buffy, Angel, Charmed with me, she loved it! And I sometimes watch it all over again on dvd and am not ashamed to enjoy that!

34. Lisa says: