Sons of Anarchy Boss Hints at Endgame: 'There Is No Show Without [Spoiler]'

Spoiler alert: Jax will make it out of Sons of Anarchy‘s upcoming fifth season alive. SAMCRO’s newly installed leader will also survive Season 6 and, if there is one, Season 7.

At FX’s portion of the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour on Saturday, SOA creator Kurt Sutter revealed that of all the castmembers on the biker drama Charlie Hunnam has the most job security.

VIDEO | Sons of Anarchy Sneak Peek Features ‘Explosions and Nudity’

“The show is the prince’s journey, so there is no show without Jax,” Sutter told reporters. “My sense of where the show will end up definitely includes Jax, and perhaps Gemma (Katey Sagal) and Clay (Ron Perlman).”

Sutter went on to say that he entered Season 5 (bowing Sept. 11) with “a very clear sense of where my endgame is… and [I'm writing] to that endgame.

“The stakes get higher with each season, the circumstances get more dire, the wreckage gets deeper,” he added. “And I think as a result of that things will change. I don’t quite know how that will all fall apart, but I know eventually it will.”

1. Carmen says:

I am terrified for Tig this new season and I have a feeling he’s gonna kill Gemma off in one of the very last episodes…?

2. Aerynismybff says:

Oh brother. Jax again. Hell, I really don’t care about him, you can kill him any time and I won’t cry. Better keep alive those who deserves it. And as for our beloved lady. Well, based of her previous deeds I guess Gemma is more than just the queen, she’s some kind of grim reaper. You can’t kill off grim reaper.

• carrie johnston says:

no that couldnt hapn.jax is detrimental to the.show.the shows about his journey.if u dont like him or care aboit him…then why watch it?because in reality u do care.the show is phenominally cast.and phenominally made.kurt sutter knows what hes doing.jax stays!

3. Melissa says:

I cannot wait. Tig’s second daughter shows up with a black boyfriend and Sutter has hinted at severe retaliation from Pope for his own daughter being killed by Tig. Hmm wonder what’s gonna happen there. Also I’m interested in seeing how Clay is gonna cope not being President but I have a feeling Clay won’t be kept down for long!

• amanda says:

all clay can do is to leave or die, there is no other option , his time is over , hes old and run down with bad health and hes simply a monster that has to go , there is no where for his story to run . and thank god, i mean they”ve done the gemma and clay thing to death, and gemma needs a new man in her life……someone a lot better than clay lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4. In other news the sky is blue. And has clouds in it sometimes.

5. LonePalm says:

Thrilled that Jax makes it to the end…as he should since Jax IS the show!

• brenda cook says:

so true he is the show and tara they have a love story that will find a happy ever after but at a price charlie is a great actor check out his movies they are great

6. Amber Passawell says:

Poop this show is the rootin tootinist best show on the television yall hear me

7. alenka says:

THEY BETTER NOT KILL TARA!!!

8. Liz says:

Chibbs better be there at the end

9. Hepstar says:

Took me just about two weeks to watch season one to four. It’s a great show, but it’s beginning to run a bit empty. The twists and turns are getting a bit over the top. And some of the characters, frankly, are no longer interesting. They are running out of road in Charming…

I kinda feel that a seventh season is definately not worth producing. Let’s wrap it up at season six. At the latest!

If they want to run this show for more than six seasons they’ve gotta close down the Redwood chapter and start over, with JAX in another environment. Either by killing he whole charter or just put them all in jail. Put prettybox Jax in another city, another chapter without his mom and homies. A brand new world of characters could do the trick. Let Jax start over at the bottom of another charter with a revenge/vengeance motive. That could probably prolong the story for one or two seasons… anyhow, I’d hate to see this excellent TV-show turn into a new love boat without an end. The ratings will fall eventually. Don’t over-do-it.

• dboy says:

No way they could have another 5 seasons and we would all watch. They could maybe tone it down a lil bit with all the death and madness but there is no other show out there better. Not even walking dead keep the seasons coming and we will all b happy

• dboy says:

And Jax has to stay in samcro and make it out of all the BS and take samcro to the top remember what Pope said Jax is going to go from a player to a king . Take the show in that direction having Jax and samcro take over everything Jax is the man

10. toto says:

what is the meaning of Bobbys visit at clays? is he telling him to leave the club to stay alive or is he up to taking over samcro with clay? saw the episode twice and iam still not sure…

11. Nico says:

I would love to see The Return of J.T. KELLER – that would be something!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Aaron Khan says:

Dang, I just hope Tig makes it out of this season … don’t think that’s going to happen unless he gets his ass to Ireland with Clay somehow.

13. Lui says:

I have no doubt there will be one, much less do I doubt the fact it will continue to be the best show on FX. My only hope is that season 6 comes soon.

14. Devonte says:

Hopefully chibbs is v.p. Next season. Happy is the hardest son in all seasons. Tacoma shouldnt have died or half sack he was a boii