Fall TV Preview

Sons of Anarchy Boss Hints at Endgame: 'There Is No Show Without [Spoiler]'

Get More: Fall TV Preview, Scoop

Spoiler alert: Jax will make it out of Sons of Anarchy‘s upcoming fifth season alive. SAMCRO’s newly installed leader will also survive Season 6 and, if there is one, Season 7.

At FX’s portion of the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour on Saturday, SOA creator Kurt Sutter revealed that of all the castmembers on the biker drama Charlie Hunnam has the most job security.

VIDEO | Sons of Anarchy Sneak Peek Features ‘Explosions and Nudity’

“The show is the prince’s journey, so there is no show without Jax,” Sutter told reporters. “My sense of where the show will end up definitely includes Jax, and perhaps Gemma (Katey Sagal) and Clay (Ron Perlman).”

Sutter went on to say that he entered Season 5 (bowing Sept. 11) with “a very clear sense of where my endgame is… and [I'm writing] to that endgame.

“The stakes get higher with each season, the circumstances get more dire, the wreckage gets deeper,” he added. “And I think as a result of that things will change. I don’t quite know how that will all fall apart, but I know eventually it will.”

Comments (22)

• I am terrified for Tig this new season and I have a feeling he’s gonna kill Gemma off in one of the very last episodes…?

Comment by Carmen – July 28, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I mean “he” as in Sutter is the one doing the killing, not Tig. Oops, lol.

Comment by Carmen – July 28, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh brother. Jax again. Hell, I really don’t care about him, you can kill him any time and I won’t cry. Better keep alive those who deserves it. And as for our beloved lady. Well, based of her previous deeds I guess Gemma is more than just the queen, she’s some kind of grim reaper. You can’t kill off grim reaper.

Comment by Aerynismybff – July 28, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no that couldnt hapn.jax is detrimental to the.show.the shows about his journey.if u dont like him or care aboit him…then why watch it?because in reality u do care.the show is phenominally cast.and phenominally made.kurt sutter knows what hes doing.jax stays!

Comment by carrie johnston – October 24, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait. Tig’s second daughter shows up with a black boyfriend and Sutter has hinted at severe retaliation from Pope for his own daughter being killed by Tig. Hmm wonder what’s gonna happen there. Also I’m interested in seeing how Clay is gonna cope not being President but I have a feeling Clay won’t be kept down for long!

Comment by Melissa – July 28, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • all clay can do is to leave or die, there is no other option , his time is over , hes old and run down with bad health and hes simply a monster that has to go , there is no where for his story to run . and thank god, i mean they”ve done the gemma and clay thing to death, and gemma needs a new man in her life……someone a lot better than clay lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Comment by amanda – July 29, 2012 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In other news the sky is blue. And has clouds in it sometimes.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – July 28, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck Finley? I gotta assume that’s a burn notice reference otherwise hell of a coincidence

Comment by Chris sanchez – September 20, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled that Jax makes it to the end…as he should since Jax IS the show!

Comment by LonePalm – August 2, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so true he is the show and tara they have a love story that will find a happy ever after but at a price charlie is a great actor check out his movies they are great

Comment by brenda cook – September 30, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poop this show is the rootin tootinist best show on the television yall hear me

Comment by Amber Passawell – August 6, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THEY BETTER NOT KILL TARA!!!

Comment by alenka – September 19, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chibbs better be there at the end

Comment by Liz – September 23, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Took me just about two weeks to watch season one to four. It’s a great show, but it’s beginning to run a bit empty. The twists and turns are getting a bit over the top. And some of the characters, frankly, are no longer interesting. They are running out of road in Charming…

I kinda feel that a seventh season is definately not worth producing. Let’s wrap it up at season six. At the latest!

If they want to run this show for more than six seasons they’ve gotta close down the Redwood chapter and start over, with JAX in another environment. Either by killing he whole charter or just put them all in jail. Put prettybox Jax in another city, another chapter without his mom and homies. A brand new world of characters could do the trick. Let Jax start over at the bottom of another charter with a revenge/vengeance motive. That could probably prolong the story for one or two seasons… anyhow, I’d hate to see this excellent TV-show turn into a new love boat without an end. The ratings will fall eventually. Don’t over-do-it.

Comment by Hepstar – October 9, 2012 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way they could have another 5 seasons and we would all watch. They could maybe tone it down a lil bit with all the death and madness but there is no other show out there better. Not even walking dead keep the seasons coming and we will all b happy

Comment by dboy – November 16, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Jax has to stay in samcro and make it out of all the BS and take samcro to the top remember what Pope said Jax is going to go from a player to a king . Take the show in that direction having Jax and samcro take over everything Jax is the man

Comment by dboy – November 16, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what is the meaning of Bobbys visit at clays? is he telling him to leave the club to stay alive or is he up to taking over samcro with clay? saw the episode twice and iam still not sure…

Comment by toto – November 24, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see The Return of J.T. KELLER – that would be something!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Nico – December 3, 2012 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry ……I mean J.T.

Comment by Nico – December 3, 2012 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang, I just hope Tig makes it out of this season … don’t think that’s going to happen unless he gets his ass to Ireland with Clay somehow.

Comment by Aaron Khan – December 3, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no doubt there will be one, much less do I doubt the fact it will continue to be the best show on FX. My only hope is that season 6 comes soon.

Comment by Lui – December 4, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully chibbs is v.p. Next season. Happy is the hardest son in all seasons. Tacoma shouldnt have died or half sack he was a boii

Comment by Devonte – December 4, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post