Fall TV Preview

Dancing With the Stars Cast Revealed: Meet the All-Stars and Their Pro Partners

brisol palin dwtsABC has announced 12 of the celebrities who’ll be participating in Dancing With the Stars‘ upcoming all-star edition.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars: 16 Celebs We’d Invite Back for the All-Star Season

ABC will also allow the public to choose a “Viewer’s Choice All-Star” from the following: Carson Kressley, Kyle Massey, or Sabrina Bryan. Voting is taking place at ABC.com/DancingwiththeStars through Friday, Aug. 24 at noon PT. The final cast member will be announced live on Good Morning America, on Aug. 27.

As for the pros, “It’s impossible for [all of the celebs] to have the same partners,” said executive producer Conrad Green. “It’ll make a very intriguing mix once we announce [them].”

UPDATE: The pairings, announced Aug. 13, are as follows:

Kirstie Alley / Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Pamela Anderson / Tristan MacManus
Shawn Johnson / Derek Hough
Kelly Monaco / Val Chmerkovskiy
Bristol Palin / Mark Ballas
Melissa Rycroft / Tony Dovolani

Apolo Anton-Ohno / Karina Smirnoff
Helio Castroneves / Chelsie Hightower
Joey Fatone / Kym Johnson
Drew Lachey / Anna Trebunskaya
Gilles Marini / Peta Murgatroyd
Emmitt Smith / Cheryl Burke

“We’ve talked about doing an all-stars [edition] and thought about it a long time, [but] we felt we needed enough time to build up the stock,” Green continued. “I’m astonished at the people who said yes. We’ve got the crème de la crème. It’s almost our versions of The Avengers. These are the superheroes of their particular seasons.”

ABC president Paul Lee told reporters that DWTS producers got everyone on their wish list — with the exception of maybe two celebrities who were too busy with prior commitments.

Green went on to say that “there will probably be a few tweaks” for All-Stars judging, considering the competitors will all have ballroom experience going in. “We’re probably going to have to recalibrate the judges slightly” so everyone doesn’t get 9s and 10s right off the bat, says the EP. “But essentially, it will be the same show.”

Polarizing Season 11 finalist Bristol Palin was on hand to explain her reasons for taking another shot at mirrorbally glory. “God provides opportunities like this. I think the press is going to be talking about me no matter what, so I might as well be having fun,” she said.

Dancing With the Stars returns Sept. 24, 8/7c on ABC. Watch the promo video below, then sound off about which all-stars have you psyched, which ones you wish had stayed on the bench, and who you think was too busy for a second spin on the dance floor.–Reporting by Vlada Gelman

Comments (146)

• Bristol Palin… GO AWAY!

Comment by Elyse – July 27, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aaaaaaand there goes any interest I have in watching the next season of DWTS. Wake me after she’s been booted off.

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK, wait – I thought of a way that I’ll watch. They partner her with Louis Van Amstel. Maybe spending all that rehearsal time with an openly gay partner will possibly turn her into a human being and some good will have come from all this.

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed….but at least her dancing abilities are SO much worse than basically everyone there. I think she’ll be one of the first to go. She’s gotta be….

Comment by ktbanks – July 27, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was terrible last time she was on, and it didn’t stop the Palin voters. The only hope you have of keeping her out of the top 3 is that she ends up in some sort of dance off where the judges pick who stays. Otherwise we are stuck with her homophobic talentless whinging excuse of a human being for the entire run of the show.

Comment by Jules – July 27, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She won’t be hiding a pregnancy this time, so maybe she won’t move like a quadruple-spanx-encased stiff sausage like the last time… but, they did fix the voting system after her Mommy’s robots gamed the system so – she’ll be gone pronto.

Comment by She Who "Knows..." – July 27, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, WHY are we stuck with this chick again. Nothing against her politics since I don’t care, but she CAN’T dance. We could’ve had an awesome dancer like Mel B in that spot but instead we are stuck with her again. So ridiculous:(

Comment by Elena – July 27, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s not a “Star” either!

Comment by Jade – July 27, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really don’t like Bristol Palin either, but did you ever think that maybe they asked Mel B. and she had prior engagements?

Comment by LAR – July 27, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I said an awesome dancer like Mel B. There are plenty of previous cast members they could bring back instead of Bristol Palin who are better dancers. Mel B was just a suggestion of who one of those dancers could have been.

Comment by Elena – July 27, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are most of the women so substandard? Bristol Palin is just the tip of the iceberg. Kirstie Alley? Kelly Monaco? Pam Anderson? There were so many great, strong female celebs – Laila Ali, Mel B, Mya, … but they seemed to drop the ball on that and gave us lackluster candidates. Melissa Rycroft is the only one that’s going to be able to keep up.

Comment by A – July 27, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kirstie Alley was hit by a class-action lawsuit this past week, and Bristol Palin DWTS scraped the bottom of the barrel again with those too!

Comment by TheFACTSR – July 27, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • could have been Kate Gosslin which would have been WAY worse.

Comment by jen – July 27, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow….that’s disappointing. I thought it would be just the great dancers that the list would be chosen from. :(

Comment by Kim R – July 27, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why don’t you go start a ” Save the Wolf ” campaign and make yourself worthy

Comment by Cynde Powdrill – July 27, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. I’m beyond tired of the Palin family in general. I’ll still watch, because overall this is a good list of people. But ugh, really, do we have to put up with her again?

Comment by Angela – July 27, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. BP, please go away! That insures I won’t be watching.

Comment by arial2 – August 13, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bristol Palin? These are all STARS, not political never-has-beens.

Comment by JoshS – July 27, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sounded promising until I got to Bristol Palin. No thanks, DWTS.

Comment by Tracy – July 27, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bristol Palin? I know she made it to final three, but I was hoping for Lisa Rinna some.

Comment by Rolfe – July 27, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t mind anyone except Bristol.

Comment by diana – July 27, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why past winners are competing. Of course I also don’t get why none of these people are stars, either…

Comment by Josh – July 27, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One name stands out, and I probably will now not watch the show because of that one person. This persons own show failed in the ratings, why do they think they will br

Comment by Jason – July 27, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares….

Comment by Bill – July 27, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Looks like a lot of people Bill

Comment by Jason – July 27, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think anyone cares whether you watch it or not Jason. Looks like all the SARAH Palin haters are out in force. As much as they say its not about politics, of course it is. No other contestant gets this much venom spewed their way. Pretty sad.

Comment by Bill – July 27, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Pretty sure that plenty of the hate is directed at Bristol alone. She is rather awful, with or without her mother taken into account.

Comment by tripoli – July 27, 2012 05:18 PM PDT
  • Maybe I will actually tune in. I haven’t for the last couple rounds

Comment by Laurie – July 27, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have loved to have seen Joey Lawrence and Joey McIntyre. Gonna be hard to pick between Sabrina and Kyle. Could live without Pamela, Kirstie and Bristol. Also…anyone think it’s going to be between Helio and Emmit? That’s my early guess.

Comment by MK – July 27, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But that would give them three Joeys–too confusing for the audience. :-)

This looks like a pretty good season. I may watch again, but I will be pained when most of them are voted off. Too many of my favorites from past seasons are here. While I don’t harbor irrational hate for Bristol Palin, I do wish she weren’t here…but she probably will be cannon fodder.

Comment by MelindaB – July 27, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome Back Kirstie Alley

Comment by nickp91 – July 27, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay Kirstie :) Though why didn’t they bring back Ian Ziering? He was so much fun on his season!

Comment by songbyrd86 – July 29, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we vote for all 3 of the viewer choices are replace Bristol and Pam Anderson?

Comment by Mindy – July 27, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pamela Anderson was a great dancer.

Comment by chris – July 27, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you on drugs?

Comment by Ashley – August 14, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Bristol will be the first to go…

Comment by marge – July 27, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You underestimate the devotion of her mothers fans. They voted her all the way into the finals.

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hopefully this time the judges will take care of that, and give her scores that not even the Palinbots can overcome. Remember, this time everyone will ALREADY have skills, so no points for “improvement” this time around.

Comment by me – July 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You mouth to God’s ear. All the first timers were so good last season, even on night 1, that it will be interesting to see how the judges score this crop. And by “see” I mean read about it online the next day. I just can’t bear to watch this.

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well at least the choice of who to vote off first is taken care of.

Comment by velma – July 27, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, this show. Reality competition programming at its worst. The audience needs to strive for something better.

Comment by Flora – July 27, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pamela Anderson, Kelly Monaco, Melissa Rycroft – the first three names turned me off completely. I didn’t even get to the Palin chick.

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 27, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bristol Palin? Really? I would think the choices would be based on either dance ability or a winning personality ( and hopefully both) ! Bristol Palin has neither!!! I guess no one else was available?

Comment by Janice – July 27, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bristol Palin??? Really??? I’m sick of this girl and her mother!!! Lisa Rinna would have been a much better all-star, at she could actually dance!!! I would’ve preferred Cloris Leachman over Bristol, even Kate Goselin would have been better!!!

Comment by Eric – July 27, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dunno about that. Gosselin and Palin run neck-and-neck.

Comment by me – July 27, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder who drew the short straw and has to dance with Bristol? Do we know when partners are going to be named?

Comment by Mindy – July 27, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, her old partner was Mark Ballas, right?

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelly Monaco won, why is she coming back?

Comment by Michael – July 27, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So did Drew Lachey, Helio and Apollo. Thanks but no thanks. I’ll give it a pass this season like I did last season. Didn’t Shawn Johnson will too?

Comment by Kathryn – July 27, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Shawn won, and so did Emmitt.

Comment by Meg – July 27, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. If this is the creme de la creme… I’ll pass.

Comment by Elizabeth44 – July 27, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow all the palin haters. When do the grown ups get here and the trolls leave the comment section? Would you have rather had maddow or powers?

Comment by @eidsonb – July 27, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She spent the entire season sulking and looking miserable. Not to mention the laughable title of “teen activist”. She was neither a good dancer nor fun to watch. And because of her mothers fans, she consistantly got voted into the next week despite her poor scores, so it was frustrating for fans of other dancers. I’d rather have Kressley. Or Massey. Although, having her and the guy suing her on the same cast…awkward.

Comment by Fran – July 27, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who’s suing who?

Comment by me – July 27, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Kyle Massey- something about her “reality” show.

Comment by Hannah – July 27, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • From what I remember Kyle and Bristol were supposed to have a reality show together. Maybe she backed out to do it on her own?

Comment by Meg – July 27, 2012 11:31 AM PDT
    • I like how the people complaining about Palin are suddenly “trolls”. Couldn’t be that we just don’t care for her or her family because they’re obnoxious and hypocritical people, right?

Comment by Angela – July 27, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know if they’ll be paired with the same professionals?

Comment by Jeff – July 27, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some will have to have new partners since Julianne isn’t doing the show any more.

Comment by Mindy – July 27, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe she should after the debacle that was Rock of Ages!

Comment by Jeff – July 27, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With so many winners, I think all should have new partners. I think some of those winners might not be as good as we think without their original partner.

Comment by Jenny – July 27, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alec Mazo no longer does the show so Kelly will need a new partner. Bristol and Shawn both had Mark, Gilles, Emmitt, and Drew both had Cheryl.

Comment by Meg – July 27, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Three of the guys had Cheryl the first time, I doubt she can multi-task to that extent. I think everyone should have to have a new partner since not all can have their original partner.

Comment by debeliah1012 – July 27, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People who won their first go-round should NOT. GET .TO. COME .BACK! imo

Comment by lisa – July 27, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I agree. I think they should’ve made a difference between a winners season, where all the available past winners come back to compete, and then an all-star season, where fan favorites (who aren’t winners) come back to compete.

Comment by Spencer – July 27, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is call all stars, Why shouldn’t a winner come back. They are trying to draw audience back due to the ratings dropping. Obviously the winner was a draw in the first place so they are hoping it will bring viewers back. I haven’t really watched in a few years, just caught dances on the internet. I might turn in again.

Comment by Mary – July 27, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sabrina bryan should be included on the list — we shouldn’t have to vote for her — she was one of the most shocking eliminations, it’s really unfair — why are there so many winners? Glad to see Pamela Anderson but rather disappointed with the list — wish mario lopez was there.
    Briston palin is there because that was one of their highest rated seasons

Comment by chris – July 27, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let Sabrina Bryan go. She got kicked off … and she wasn’t as great as people make her out to be.

Comment by A – July 27, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t believe she was the reason it received high ratings.

Comment by Mary – July 27, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm…how can we ensure Bristol goes home first?

Comment by bamabunny – July 27, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Force the two couples with the lowest scores based on the judges marks to dance it out. If you eliminate the surge she gets from the Bear Women, she would never have made it so far her first season.

Comment by Alice – July 27, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or always vote for the non-Bristol contestant with the lowest score.

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe if all the pros refuse to dance with her?

Comment by Mindy – July 27, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually think I’d rather watch Bristol than most of the others, but not enough to actually watch. Glad there are 3 hours freed on my TV viewing list!

Comment by brandon – July 27, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would trade in that awful Palin for either Mel B or Sabrina. Heck, I’d rather see Kate Gosselin back on the show than Bristol Palin.

Comment by Liz – July 27, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the best ones are the viewers choice options. that is not fair. the three of them should’ve been back instead of the previous winners and palin chick. booooo

Comment by amandareynolds – July 27, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hate this list and like it as well.

1) All the freakin’ past winners. Should have just been all winners or no winners. One thing it is going to force are new pairings since so many of the Stars won/competed with either Cheryl or Julianne.

2) YEAH Joey Fatone is back! Loved him during his season and think he should have beat Apolo when they competed.

3) I know we use the word “Star” very loosely with this show…but Bristol Palin….REALLY? Also looking at you Melissa.

4) Sucks that Kyle and Sabrina are in the viewer’s choice because would have like to have seen both. Going to probably vote for Sabrina because she left way too soon her season.

5) There are definitely some good personalities and very good dancers on here. Will be interested to see the professionals they are paired up with.

Comment by Jenny – July 27, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In Melissa’s defense, only reason she was on in the first place is because she was a 48hr replacement before the premiere in her season.

And she did so well and had a good personality, she definitely won my vote that I wish they’d tapped her for female host replacement instead of the annoying woman that’s there now who can’t think on her feet at all and has to be fed all her lines/questions.

I’ve no problem with her coming back, she was a final three yet didn’t win. And she earned it.

Comment by megalion – July 27, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wanted to see Kelly Osboune on this list! She really blossomed on her season.

Comment by cm – July 27, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I shouldn’t be surprised that the people that have been brought back are those “celebrities” that don’t really have a day job at this point in their career. I will say that I’m disappointed that some of my favourites, J.R. Martinez, Heines Ward and others were not able to join this cast. At least we get to see some good dancers, Apollo, Emmit and others, but seriously, Kirstie Alley and Bristol Palin? Kirstie I can at least understand because she has a good personality and makes the show fun, Bristol is only going to cause more controversy and take away from the fact this is actually a DANCE competition. I mean I love Carson, but the man can’t dance to save his life and is better suited for interviews, so I hope someone like Kyle gets in who has some talent and the personality to boot.

Comment by Ron D. – July 27, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When do we find out who they dance with

Comment by Nick – July 27, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is what I want to know.

Comment by soarin829 – July 27, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Debra Birnbaum ‏@TVGMDebra
      #DWTSAllStars partners will be announced on August 13th. They won’t get their original partners. #TCAs12

Comment by Ella – July 27, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It hasn’t even started and I’m already bored. Won’t be watching!!

Comment by mlm – July 27, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks the choice of Bristol Palin has got the natives from the Obamanation all wee weed up..:)

Too funny!

Comment by idesign – July 27, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s too funny is your snap judgement.

Comment by Jay – July 27, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi Willow.

Comment by Hannah – July 27, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excuse me??? I’m not part it any political affiliation (I personally feel all politicians are greedy, dirty scum bags) BUT I hate BP being back.. She has absolutely no business being there!!! She is famous for getting pregnant, that’s it!! Now why don’t you take your political behind back into the hole you came from!!!

Comment by Jessica – July 27, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly! This is supposed to be my fluffy spangled over-sequins-filled escape from reality- and they are ruining it, RUINING IT, I say! There is not place on Planet Mirrorball for snotty political brats who spew homophobic filth from their and their offsprings mouths! And the presence of aforementioned white devil could distract me from the important bits- watching Tristan’s eyes and Max’s abs! Does no one else have their priorities in order!

Comment by Dani – July 27, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Excuse you Jessica…. Were you this upset when Kim or Rob Kardashian were on the show originally? What are they famous for exactly? Oh thats right… Kim had a sex tape, and Rob is famous for being her brother. Pam Anderson also had a sex tape. Heather Mills was famous for be the worlds most well know gold digger. And then you had Lil Kim, the convicted felon and foul mouthed rapper. Yet somehow Bristol Palin is the one that has no business being there and really gets to you huh Jessica? But it has nothing to do with the fact that you hate her mother right? Please.

Comment by Bill – July 27, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If Bristol Palin had been a pleasant, mature young woman that was fun to watch, it might have been different. But she was perpetually playing the victim, pouting, her dancing was awful, and she never went away because of her mothers fans voting enmass (so you really couldn’t seperate her from her mom). Kate Gosselin was the exact same way. I didn’t like Rob Kardashian being on the show, but at least had had a great fun attitude and didn’t constantly act like he had a chip on his shoulder. She’s a brat. Her answers at the press conference today indicate that she’s STILL a brat and no one wants to watch her take up space on the dance floor.

Comment by Lexi – July 27, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For the record, I personally wasn’t thrilled about the Kardashians popping up, either (though Rob was probably the most tolerable of all of them). I don’t care for those guys, either, and would be more than thrilled if they stayed out of the spotlight permanently. But at least, to my knowledge, the Kardashians aren’t homophobes. So that’s one thing they have in their favor.

Also, to the person who got all giddy about the “Obamanation” (????) being bothered by this-you realize there are conservatives who don’t like the Palins, either, right? They’re an ignorant, annoying family who’ve had more than their fair share of time in the spotlight.

Comment by Angela – July 27, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC knows what there doing when casting Bristol Palin..love her or hate her..she gets people talking..and viewers watching. If only her reality show aired after this current dwts cycle.

Comment by jared – July 27, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bristol couldn’t even get people to watch her own show. Not very many people watched her mommy’s show on TLC either. She may be what people are talking about, but she is not the reason people will be watching DWTS this season. People will be watching for the other contestants, like Gilles and Apolo, not Bristol.

Comment by Liz – July 27, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused by the women they chose. Kirstie Alley? Bristol Palin? Pam Anderson? The only woman that will even be able to keep up is Melissa Rycroft.

But Gilles is back!!!! Worth the season, right there. :)

Comment by A – July 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow…. Wasn’t expecting Bristol back… I surprisingly don’t care very much for the cast this year, but I’m so glad none of Derrick’s ‘Chosen Ones’ (ie, Jenniffer Grey, Ricki Lake…) will be back. And seriously?! Putting Carson up against Kyle!!!?? How could they!! Well, my votes still go to Carson…

Comment by Spencer – July 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why not? She’s a whore for attention, just like everyone in her family. She probably begged to come back.

Comment by Chance – July 27, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She certainly begged for something

Comment by Ross – July 27, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Bristol’s massive flop on Lifetime prove America does not want to see it anymore? What is ABC thinking?

Comment by Jan – July 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pamela Anderson and Bristol Palin? Wow, that’s not good. And why are they bringing back people who already have mirror ball trophies? Do they need 2? Wouldn’t it be fairer to only bring back celeberties who did NOT win? Loved last season, won’t be watching this one. Needs new judges and someone please finally replace Brooke! Side note, am I the only one who would love to see Kelly Monaco paired up with Maksim Chmerkovskiy? They would look really good together and they would so win.

Comment by April – July 27, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am so happy that Kelly is coming back! She is gorgeous and I agree that her and Maksim would be a hot pair!!

Comment by Jessica – July 27, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even among the supposedly “all-star” edition of Dancing with the “Stars”, only 3 or 4 are even recognizeable, let a lone worthy of the title “star” but I suppose that is what you get when your only casting pool are the “celebrities” on the D and F lists…and those people the producers poached from some other “reality” show. This show is such a sad joke.

Comment by Riley – July 27, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, how do you actually vote on that site? Just click the person you want to vote and it counts? It just doesn’t say ‘thanks for your vote’ or anything.

Comment by Ella – July 27, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Debra Birnbaum ‏@TVGMDebra
    Bristol Palin on why she decided to return to #DWTS: “God provides opportunities like this.” #TCAs12

Comment by Ella – July 27, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually really like this casting list, aside from Bristol, I think they all derserve to be there. I’m not a Bristol fan but I’m not going to tune out just because of her. I was hoping the past winners would be on again but it may be interesting to see them with a different partner.

Comment by Andrea – July 27, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, Slezak, what shows do you recommend for Monday and Tuesday nights now that I’m no longer watching DWTS?

Comment by Jules – July 27, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not watching. This is a terrible lineup. Not excited. Normally I am for every season but I won’t be watching esp not for Bristol Palin WTF?

Comment by Jennie Ross (@jennie_02) – July 27, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weren’t all of these people just the top three for their respective seasons?
    it’s not like she was eliminated first but they brought her back anyway.
    Sure, it was her voters getting her through despite her lack of skill, but if it’s what her people voted her in for, she’s fair game to be on the show.
    It’s better they did it this way, so it’s not like on other shows’ “all-star” runs where it really feels like one person’s victory parade for them being previously cheated.
    *thinking of two specific competition shows which I love immensely despite committing this appalling act*

Also, I’m assuming Stacy Keibler was one of the ones that was occupied.

Comment by Juan – July 27, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to have seen Lisa Rinna – So I’m guessing her “schedule” was too full??? Hard to believe…

Comment by beej – July 27, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that waste of space Bristol Palin is back! Did ABC learn nothing from her 1st turn??? She has no business being there with the rest of the cast! Give her spot to someone that people actually care about! I’d rather Sabrina or Carson be on there.. But Bristol again??? DWTS just lot another viewer, at least until her sorry behind is gone!!!

Comment by Jessica – July 27, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kirstie Alley has been hit with a Class-Action lawsuit, DWTS scrapes the bottom of barrel again with the likes of Kirstie and Bristol. Good Luck with THAT!

Comment by TheFACTSR – July 27, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Curses to TPTB who chose to bring back Bristol!!! Drew, Gilles and Emmitt…who will end up with Cheryl? I hope Gilles.

Comment by Lorie – July 27, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow they got 6 past winners, 3 who were second place and 2 who were third. they really got the best of the best. should be good! =)

Comment by natalia – July 27, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post